Here are some facts from working with Qidian (Noodletown)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noodletowntranslated, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    NP, glad to help

2. Temairine

Temairine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    7) Opinion on WXW: I honestly feel that WXW is just trying everything to ensure that it can still make the same amount or more money like old days, without having to pay anything for the copyrighted material they are using. But you know how many people make fun of China using pirated shit without copyright, and you see how easy it is to side with the pirate's side? But this time i honestly don't get why, because both sides offer free sht. I like how he keeps mentioning somethings cannot be mentioned due to NDA, if he really cares about some NDA stated by Qidian's contract, why is he still using Qidian's novels, doesn't it seem sketch to you guys?

You have come up with the figure of 400000 RMB for the copyrights... You seem to forget that Qidian stated originally this...

As known to all, Qidian and WuxiaWorld (hereinafter referred to as WW) came to an agreement several months ago to authorize WW to translate 20 novels for Qidian, which means the ownership of the translations will still belong to Qidian.

Thus from this week onwards, we are going to officially request WW to send all 20 titles to us. All of those stories will be hosted on Qidian International (www.webnovel.com). in the near future once WW uploads chapters for those novels. Qidian International, as a user-oriented platform, will always improve the reading experience for all our fans like you. 20 Amazing stories plus better reading experiences, can you even wait for that boost?

So... tell me why the hell would wuxiaworld pay Qidian 400000 RMB to host their work on a site that was not theirs! Get your stories straight or you will look like a liar. As it is one of you is.

@rwxwuxiaworld - just in case you hadn't noticed this

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. EUGA

EUGA The Taco Sovereign

Reading List:
    Link
    Well heres why i like america and not china, in america its only copyright issues if you directly sell your work, sure qi can try allstar they want but in the end the american courts will without a doubt laugh in qi 's face. You see there is this thing here in the states where interpretations belong to the person doing them, so legally what qi is doing is helluh illegal especially since monopolies are not allowed in our country, and this is just a guess but from what ive seen most readers,translators and editors live in the west.
    I guess what im saying is that here in america we dare you to test us.

4. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    400000 rmb is probably the rent for his next house, just a lucky mistake no? just like how he said WW instead of GT! o_O

5. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I feel sorry for @noodletowntranslated . It's look like he happily "counting the money gained from selling oneself out without knowing! ~Tales of the Reincarnated Lord". Seriously, I hope he read your post. Reading this and the other his reply thread, he obviously doesn't understand the significant of NDA. The shitstorm is ugly and doesn't seems to be slowing down. He already being pulled in and should take all precaution. He should print screen, record and make backup all communications and log. Also, definitely keep looking for better advises. Best regards.

MadHatter and noob_senpai like this.
  6. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    He said it was mistake...
    Anyways, If I were you, I would remind him to edit that part in the OP.
    Not delete it, but make an edit (there is a difference in that).

7. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    I would believe that he is making a ruff estimate...
    Idk tho, so don't burn me

8. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For Fu. Real is he really calling novel readers weeb´s now?? rofl He is a total Douche ;)

9. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess his brains turned to mush - probably a side effect of the brain washing he underwent after signing over his soul to qidian

Akashura and Weedisdaboss like this.
  10. Tebix

Tebix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Posted the contracts on the /r/TranslationStudies got this answer:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Translatio...ian_contract_such_a_big_exploitation_as_said/
    ''Let's say a chapter from your average Chinese web novel is 2000 words, divided by the $35-50 a chapter... That's a rate of $0.0175-0.025 per word, which is the lowest I've come across so far by a considerably large margin. Bravo Qidian.''
    Bravo you played yourself.

11. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Saying it is a mistake when a huge issue has come out that may develop into a legal matter... It's not just a mistake.. It's slander.. now some people maybe happy if you do a retraction but not when a contracted translator comes out and says that a now rival website offered to get them...

not only that he stated that he communicated with someone he did not.

12. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I was feeling kinda cringy for them...

13. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And he is not the only one , I'm one of the leechers who started reading back on spcnet and when you started wuxiaworld after. I still remember when you were saying welcome everytime someone posted their first comment on ww. Or when alyschu started ATG on her website and then joined you. There was some drama back then too. You and coiling dragon are what made me start CN. I kinda saw the community grow to what it's now. I was just lurking in the shadows known to no one but when the sect is facing a big threat , I can't just stay hidden. I have nothing other than this keyboard to help in this battle but I will stand alongside you in this fight.

14. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a little too much these days to personally welcome every single person, but I do in my heart! :D

FlameE, Mkill, Damyabo and 6 others like this.
  15. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes there is no need for words , the heart speaks for itself x). Thanks to you and all the amazing translators , editors and the readers who are reading that we are what we are now. There are way more people than back then and you're more busy ( and now with all this drama ) so it's normal that you can't do it anymore. ( it's something us old timers will remember as a memory haha).

16. EvL

EvL Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly what Makuba said, If Qidian doesn't get their act right, i'm for an all out Qidian ban.

17. Helix

Helix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so from what i've read i've gathered that noodletown is a grade A dick, i mean when even you yourself know your work is absolute shit and you're getting paid what you consider is reasonable. absolutely disgusting. he's the sort of people you dont want in your group project, does garbage work and rely on his group to fix everything and still get a grade.

18. Zaffoni0

Zaffoni0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dr. Culocane approves

Kronos likes this.
  19. noodletowntranslated

noodletowntranslated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a difference between joking and not joking. If my novel can stay in top 100 and get voted 4.4 from 900+ votes, the quality is probably not as bad as I joked. So I honestly don't know what you have gathered, but you need a brain to process what you have gathered, and clearly you are lacking that.
    btw, my editor is my 9 yr best friend, and in case you couldn't process hyperbole, here's a website you can check out:
    http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-hyperbole-for-kids.html

Lastly, I already apologized for my impulsive post in another thread. But, keep in mind that apology is for people with legitimate reasons to support WXW, not brain dead keyboard warriors that focus on insulting and putting other people down

Indiboy likes this.
  20. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for calling u childish...earlier..
    Well.... Never belittle urself... And no one shall belittle u...( Probably ... unless u have a history of screw ups...lol)

Damyabo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.