News Qidian's Announcement

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, May 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Read paragraph 1,2,3...wait, read my post once again. I think you missed all the points I made. Perhaps this is because I made edits, but anyway read it and you will have your answers.

Damyabo likes this.
  2. Pyre

Pyre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still don't get it. Care to elaborate?

3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Tramsloof

Reading List:
    Link
    E
    Let me start by saying that it is a real pain.

Hope this answer helps
    Qidian is trying to become a monopoly and have complete control over the supply of its translated novels, this is where I am feeling forced. These translations were started by people who we supported, at the very least Qidian should have allowed them to end it. But they gave their word for one thing and do another thing entirely.

noob_senpai likes this.
  5. Pyre

Pyre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O OK, so basically you want to finish what you started but QD is coming in to take it away. Got it.

6. Tramsloof

Reading List:
    Link
    What I started? I started to read, and if I want I can read it on Qidian. As I said, money is not the issue here. What ticked me off is their betrayal.

I mean are you missing my points on purpose and changing my words like this to annoy me? Because I am getting annoyed.

Damyabo likes this.
  7. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do yourself a favor and read the other threads. First post is probably enough.

shinzi11 and Tramsloof like this.
  8. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Pyre "Translation isn't easy, but that doesn't mean I can translate Harry Potter in Chinese and just sell the books without asking JK Rowling first." - you chose very bad book to make an example. When official Harry Potter release written by J.K. Rowling had 5 parts there have been already 10 parts in China and many more other books being simply knock-offs :D http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/01/world/asia/01china.html

Hahhaa and Damyabo like this.
  9. Pyre

Pyre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well no, what I mean is legally speaking... Of course I know there are ton of knock-offs in China lol...

10. Pyre

Pyre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Started to read on WW. Well I'll stop now. Good day to you sir.

11. Otouto-kun

Otouto-kun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Childish act

12. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might have heard that if something is too good to be true, then it probably is. I think QI is desperate to earn support, now that they have brought down an axe on their own legs. Also, who is to say that QI will not go back on it's words. It has done so many times already. I would say that QI is too untrustworthy.
    Translators should watch out before signing any agreement with them, or else they might be in too deep for tears.
    In conclusion, QI should just scram from the translation scene, no one gives a damn about them

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  13. Its Michael

Its Michael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legally speaking it's Qidian breaching the law - until negotiations broke down wuxiaworld have been translating all Qidian novels fully legally - for 20 they had authorization for which rwx paid Qidian, for rest there have been an agreement with Qidian regarding their other novels being a subject to further negotiations thus any claims regarding those 11 are invalid till moment such negotiations would take place.

In other words Qidian not only backstabbed wuxiaworld they are even doing it illegaly - thus rwx chose pushing this case to court.

It's a simple matter - Qidian went back on both agreements - their written contract regarding those 20 authorized novels and their oral agreement. Even if rwx won't be able to prove there have been an oral agreement there is still a point in written contract between him and Qidian which is about additional Qidian novels being a subject to further negotiation. As Qidian fully know those translators have been translating those stories before joining wuxiaworld I still don't know in which place rwx done anything unlawfully. If negotiation regarding authorization on those 11 novels started soon enough after translators chose to join wuxiaworld everything is done lawfully unless you want to claim rwx should start negotiation with Qidian before those translators start working at wuxiaworld so in other words you would need to claim rwx should negotiate for authorization from Qidian regarding novels translated by other translators which don't work with him/under the same banner. Do I need to tell you starting negotiation for authorization of novels translated by other group of translators is not only unethical but just plain stupid?

Even if negotiations broke down it's Qidian who breach contract with rwx when they demanded wuxiaworld to cease all translations and sending them all translated chapters on top of that they even start to insult him and throw threats around. It's really a simply matter - they already gave authorization for 20 novels so they don't have any right to demand anything regarding those 20 novels. Damn those additional 11 novels wasn't a part of previous authorization contract so how they can claim rwx is pirating anything?

It's similar to situation if for example J.K. Rowling will give authorization to hmmmm let say Spanish publisher for Harry Potter series to be translated by them. Then when there are negotiation regarding her next book J.K. Rowling can't reach an agreement with the same publisher - a few chapter of the new book are already translated by newly joining translators. So what should J.K. Rowling do? Simply look after another publisher for her third book - correct? Not asking publisher to give up all rights he got for Harry Potter series from her (he paid for it) and start to insult him saying he stole her work - well he paid for it under a contract she agreed on.

@rwxwuxiaworld stance now is simply an answer to purely childish and uprofessional behaviour of Qidian. Qidian is the one who is breaching the contract and start to slander both rwx and wuxiaworld. Until Qidian posted their first thread regarding this matter do rwx mentioned anything regarding this matter? Do he start slander Qidian? Do he start to demand full authorization from Qidian on those 11 novels in newly created thread on forum? No matter how you look at it Qidian done a lot of illegal things when rwx done everything legally. Even now Qidian representative mentioned amount of money rwx paid for authorization on those novels - do I need to mention such things are under NDA?

And you still wonder why people are against Qidian - it's simply because there have been lying to community this whole time and now they used both unethical and illegal ways in order to get everything they want. Sorry but when someone is peeing on me I won't claim it's a rain.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    SAimNE, BlackBlade, d1cookie and 7 others like this.
  14. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might observe that most of the people who support QI have also been here for 2 months. Hell, some are even new members. It's easy to figure out what's going on.

15. devilsvila

devilsvila Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who the FUCK says qidians is the most popular platform worldwide in online literature.I never once heard of it until someone posted about it on WW being the place where the author original work published in china.I have been in the community since there were only 33 chapters of ISSH where released.NEVER in my wildest dreams i would have thought i would see this kind of day.so FUCK OFF things where better with you.

"....Seriously not see any one begging for the things you provide...."

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  16. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Got to agree that this wall of text contributed perfectly to lower my eyelids. Goodnight... Urgh, its morning

17. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you just need to read the first clause of their contract to realize that they dont have any good intentions toward you or your work, what kind of company makes their first clause to be the equivalent of a gag order to never speak against them even if you no longer are working with them?, only a fool would sign such a contract after reading that

18. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcement =/= contract
    Qidian's post is no different from politicians' promises that will never be realized.
    Nobody gives a fuck about nicely put gibberish. What they want are acts.

TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  19. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    If these guys would put a tl;dr that would've been great...would mean less bull shit that I'd have to read.

20. Xun

Xun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tl;dr
    Qidian is the big bad sect trying to bully RWX and his jolly group called WuxiaWorld.

Qidian started flipping right and wrong and slandering RWX while making themselves seem like the saints.

RWX is upset and is going to battle Qidian in the court of law.

Hahhaa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.