Spoiler Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sky Farrow, May 25, 2017.

1. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Humans are clever in tens of thousands of ways, Gu are the true refined essences of Heaven and Earth.

The Three Temples are unrighteous, the demon is reborn.

Former days are but an old dream, an identical name is made anew.

A story of a time traveler who keeps on being reborn.

A unique world that grows, cultivates, and uses Gu.

The Spring and Autumn Cicada, the Venomous Moonlight Gu, the Wine Chong, All-Encompassing Golden Light Chong, Slender Black Hair Gu, Gu of Hope…

And a great demon of the world that does exactly as his heart pleases!

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/reverend-insanity/

I finally finished reading all 1700+ chapters of raws and still catching up to the updates, so just ask me anything about the novel :oops:

Discussions are welcomed as well.

alexfilia and Action like this.
  2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a burning desire to ask:

IS THERE ROMANCE?!?! And if so, what kind? I remember trying to look up spoilers and found out that there was this one girl he offed who also tried to betray him? Is there someone more permanent in his life or is it all 'I do what I want'?

Also, how powerful does he get?

Thanks for answering spoilers! :D

Kalione and Sky Farrow like this.
  3. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Do I need to spoiler box in this thread? :eek:
    I'll just go ahead and spoiler box it first but... anyway

Heh heh heh, romance? If Fang Yuan heard you saying that he would be laughing to death :rolleyes:

But yes, there is romance. Plenty of romance between other characters :rolleyes::LOL: What do you mean offed? Well he was betrayed by his partner, a 'girl' but they didn't really have special feelings. He has no feelings whatsoever for anyone at any point of time in this life.

However, in the few latest chapters his lover from his previous life was revealed in flashback memories. A bunch of Chinese readers think its filler-ish but I think it was an important point and pretty damn good part of the story, and very sad. Do you wanna know more about it? o_O

Oh and there's a one or two girls who liked him, sort of. And there is someone who loves him, but he doesn't know it. This woman was important in book 2, but I think she will be relevant in near future, because in the latest book 5 she was said to have incredible luck.

I think FY is pretty much "I will do anything to reach my goal, I don't care about anything else" atm, but he does seem to still care about his ex lover. Or else I don't think he would bother remembering her name forever. I'm not sure if she will ever appear in this life though.

FY gets pretty powerful, he's at Rank eight now. But he isn't super OP OP yet because his enemies are still powerful enough. In a sense he does get OP after book 4 ends.

ace2002, Zeraphin, Ease and 3 others like this.
  4. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I know, Fang Yuan would probably bury me six feet under since he's an antihero. No need for spoiler boxes, not for me at least. :3

Ooooh, I wanna know about his past lover! I'm a bit of a sucker for tragic romance, especially if it builds on character. Does she have a role in shaping how he is now? And more info on the 'lucky' woman, the one you said who likes him though he doesn't know it?

Yay, it's good to know Fang Yuan is OP enough that he at least won't be pushed over by at least a good portion of the population. It was kinda sad how his brother and relatives were so mean... What happens to them by the way?

Also, I gotta know: What kind of Gu does he get? Is the cute little wine Gu still his main one or does he move onto another one?

alexfilia likes this.
  5. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Well :) alright!

So the woman he had ever loved was a mermaid from the East Sea, about 200-300 years ago he was in the East Sea trying to collect Black oil, a resource that is worth good money but dangerous, because he needed money to cure his body (it was corrupted by black oil, because an old man tricked him)
    He finished collecting enough when he was hit by a dangerous current and fell into the Blackoil which swallowed him up to his death, but this mermaid lady called Xie Han Mo saw and rescued him before it was too late. Then she left him a Gu that would cure his body and went away.
    Xie Han Mo and her two bodyguards were looking for evidence to put down a corrupted merman clan leader. Xie Han Mo herself was a special mermaid they call 圣女which is some mermaid with authority.
    Because saving FY blew her cover FY decided to help her. When they got into trouble she always protected him even when he was willing to sacrifice himself.
    Because of that the evil merman tried to get the mercity to re-elect a new special mermaid, so FY continues helping her, even willing to walk through soulfire (a fire that burns the soul) for her and bear the pain.
    She tells him that he lacks the will to live, she sees his sadness, and she says to FY that he is a good person, that's why good people should stick together and she will never sacrifice him.
    In the end they sing three songs for the last round of the re-election (these songs have deep meaning and lets the mermaid think of FY more, wondering about his hidden sadness and past experiences.) in the end they win.
    After that it is not written (yet) what happened to them, but I guess he had to leave because at some point he mentions in his head that love between a merperson and human is forbidden...
    But it is clear that he loved her because in the present he said he would never forget her name.

---------------

The lucky woman is Shang Ci Xin who he helps to get to the Shang city in book 2. With his past life memories he recognises her as someone who manages to become clan leader of the powerful Shang city so he plots to kill her suspicious bodyguard and kills everyone else in the travelling merchant party without her knowing it was all his plan.
    Her feelings for him grow as they go along the journey and reach the city. After he leaves the city she still thinks of him all the time, and atm she admits to herself that she loves him. However his rank is so high up now that I'm not sure how useful she will be in future.

---

His entire clan dies. :ROFLMAO:
    His brother is the only survivor unfortunately... well its a long story on what happens to his twin.
    But Fang Zheng's life basically sucks a lot, he only matured after a long time of suffering.
    I guess its karma, but I feel sorry for him.

Are you reading my translation on the story? :rolleyes: Idk if I should spoil that since its coming in the next chapter..
    I think his wine worm is irrelevant after he ranked up to six.
    He gets a ton of Gu in future.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    DiegoR091, Ease, Daoist Deux and 2 others like this.
  6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    ;-;

That nice mermaid lady... I wanna see him reunite with her again... Or meet her lol, since time rewound and all. It's nice to see he has someone he can be a little bit human with. Makes him a well-rounded protagonist LOL.

Oh wow, should have expected it I guess, but Fang Yuan's quite the schemer. The lucky woman might pick up epic loot for him in the future. XDD

Nice to hear he has a Gu for every occasion. Also a little sad for the poor wine Gu, but that's how it goes with level-ups. You don't need to spoil too much because I'm reading your translations. Thanks for translating by the way! It's so hard to find a novel with a well-written antihero character! o(≧▽≦)o

alexfilia and Sky Farrow like this.
  7. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of people hate him as an MC because he's so cold blooded, but those that stick around start to fall in love with him after a while. The more you learn about him, though its a long journey, the more you will understand.

Hehe, I explained a lot but I didn't totally spoil everything either :D But I guess I'm totally enthusiastic to talk about RI so I went ballistic on my post... :oops:

You're welcome ^^ Thanks for reading too :)
    I spent 20 years looking for this kind of MC (but I guess I was looking in the wrong places) and he fits perfectly, I can't be anymore satisfied atm. It is definitely a well-written novel, many chinese fans say its above 70% of the web novel market :rolleyes: lol

Also, your profile picture is so cute >_<

Dragon-sama, alexfilia and scriptor like this.
  8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd love to talk more about this novel lol, I'm the sort who never gets spoiled by spoilers but gets fired up instead. I was worried I'd ruin it for other people in the thread. XD

And yes, I LOVE this MC. I really like reading about well-written antiheros but it's such a difficult genre to find a good novel in.

Thank you! I love cute unicorns~

Your avatar pic is quite pretty too~ *.*

alexfilia likes this.
  9. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah well this is a spoiler thread after all, who comes in here if they don't want to be spoiled? :rolleyes:
    Well one that I've read that came close was Legend of the Sun Knight, though the MC was a bastard in general but he wasn't totally evil or anything. Since he was supposed to be the embodiment of the God of Light or something.
    But yeah its hard to find good novels with well-written antiheroes, especially ones that fit my taste :eek:

My avatar pic is Fang Yuan :oops: I drew it..

Pomee, phk, Ruyi and 2 others like this.
  10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohohoho~ Well, in that case...

What happens to his brother (in detail)? And how in the world was his entire clan wrecked?

Does Fang Yuan ever gain a deception-type skill or Gu, something that can conceal his appearance or aura?

OMG YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD ARTIST~

*bows down in worship*

Zeraphin likes this.
  11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    i saw @scriptor here and decided to take a look :D (also i faintly heard someone mention LSK *.* <3)

This novel seems intresting o/ (but if its full of tragedy its a big nope for me orz) ....how is the mc personality like?

haweii and scriptor like this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! *hugs*

I'm not sure if you'd like this MC ahahaha~ The MC is a super antihero. Sometimes he can be very cruel and cold-blooded, but there's a lot of development that goes into that personality of his. He'll also orchestrate and carry out some pretty scary things for his own ends. Personally, I'm interested because well-written complex characters like him are hard to come by in novels.

Dunno if you can call it a tragedy lol, it seems to be a tragedy for the people he encounters rather. XD

alexfilia and Sky Farrow like this.
  13. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, whenever I think of Fang Zheng I feel a bout of sadness.. I used to find him so annoying, but I like him at the same time. He's still alive now though, but basically FZ was used by others his whole life. His aunt and uncle used him, his personal servant Shen Cui kind of used him, his twin brother used him, his future teacher(not the clan leader) and the sect used him, then his brother uses him again, then the 'good guys' capture him and use him again. Lol...
    He was always a good righteous person (like your typical annoying justice MC) until recently, but after he got caught by Fang Yuan and was placed in a warzone area in one of his schemes (FY wanted to make FZ into an ingredient so he could create an Immortal Gu) Fang Zheng matured up into a sober person. When the 'good guys' took him back he knew he was being used by them to defeat FY, but he didn't mind.
    Fang Zheng went from losing his clan to being kidnapped by this Crane guy, then he was turned into a disciple of Immortal Crane sect, but they tried to kill him due to an order by the Heaven's Court, and FY took him away and kept him as a prisoner, then FY put FZ into a warzone, then Heaven's Court took him back. That's about it so far.

---

The entire clan was wrecked by a few series of incidents -> the worst wave of wolves in history of Qing Mao Mountain wiped a lot of Gu Masters out, then right after that they were attacked by the Rank five Crane guy. A fierce battle broke out with some plot twists here and there and the entire clan was wiped.

---

There are plenty of Gu like that in future :eek:

Thank you :oops:

alexfilia and scriptor like this.
  14. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome :p
    I think scriptor has the same idea as me... I'm not sure if you will like this MC because he is rather evil and not everyone can stomach or accept the things he does :rolleyes: And like scriptor said, its more like everyone who runs into the MC turns into a tragedy lol :ROFLMAO:

Its rare to see another LSK reader around :eek:

alexfilia likes this.
  15. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww... It seems like Fang Zheng is another character who's shaped by his experiences. He kind of reminds me of the 'hero' character in Katahane no Riku if you've read that jnovel. Starts out not very likeable but gradually matures.

Ahahaha, wow, that's a lot of bad luck for the clan. XD

Fang Yuan the jinx bouncing all bad luck off him and onto everyone around him

Yessss! I was hoping Fang Yuan would get some Gu like that. I felt like it would suit his personality a lot lol. By the way, what are the attack-type Gu like? Or just attacks in general? I feel like it would be set up differently than in regular cultivation novels, considering the Gu system and all.

alexfilia likes this.
  16. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I love anti hero types of mcs *.*
    *rubs her cat while doing a dramatic chair spin *

I dont mind him doing "bad" things as long as he is not over the top or unreasonable or just because he had a bad day or something

One thing i hate is stupid drama and way too much tragedy with no happy end in sight , and from the spoilers it seems that everybody really hates the mc since gets taken advantage off a all the time....does that change after his rebirth?

Kyaaa lsk is one of the best *kyaaa* ...i love all the author's books....they are amazing <3

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    scriptor and Sky Farrow like this.
  17. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still hoping Fang Zheng does something that makes me like him more >_> but Fang Yuan never gave a damn about him anyway :rolleyes:
    But FY probably did love his brother at one point. His past life is tragedy, his current life is fully cold.

I've never read it but I get what you mean :)
    Yes it was a lot of bad luck but I think its not entirely FY's fault.. heheh

Hmm well there are a huge ton of variety of Gu and classes of Gu. They mainly use attacks in a special move that combines different amount of Gu together.

I guess its pretty different in a sense.

scriptor and alexfilia like this.
  18. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you can always give it a try, no harm anyway :p
    Hehe. He does bad things not because it is fun.. he only does something that benefits him. So if it benefits him to kill someone, he will do it. If it benefits him to help someone he will do it too. He is not unreasonable :)

There isn't stupid drama as far as I am concerned, but there isn't much romance so no love triangle drama or whatever.
    I'm not sure about the tragedy part :eek:
    The one that suffers is the MC's twin brother :p the MC is busy manipulating and outwitting his foes :D

Yeah LSK is really good. I bought all LSK books including the comics and the new generation one lol >_>

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes i will try this :D (if i hadnt read the spoilers i wouldnt have known this orz)(why are all the good ones hidden D:)
    If it werent for spoilers i would have dropped/never read some really good ones orz

I dont mind the no romance thing (i;m more into friendship and bromance :D)

(i've seen all the new LSK pics in the re printed books.....so awesome *.*)

btw does the mc in this novel have a side character or anyone follow him? (who isnt an enemy )

Sky Farrow and scriptor like this.
  20. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay a new reader +_+)/

Well I just started translating this novel so things are slow but I think it will have a lot more readers in future ;) this novel has a lot of potential and is really well written.

I bought the old versions :( then they released the new covers -.- damnit!

Hmm he is solo in book one, but he gains a side character in book two.
    Then book three he is kinda solo again, but book four onwards he has 'allies'/characters following him around. Ally is a loose word around him =_=