Discussion The King's Avatar Anime sucks - fite me

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by FatalStrings, Jun 2, 2017.

1. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much McD in the anime, it gets really annoying in recent episodes. I wish we can have a version without McD and more plots....

2. Damyabo

Damyabo [Butcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they take sponsors from McDonald and Gaming wares. I think I saw the ads at the end of songs.

3. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I know McD is the official sponsor of the show. They have the ads everywhere here...I even brought the ice cream Zhou Zekai did the ad for....Zhou Zekai's commercial for them is real and I heard that it's actually airing on TV right now.
    It's fun going to McD and see all the TKA stuff but it's different when they put in meaningless scenes in the actual anime when so many plots are skipped.

Damyabo likes this.
  4. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you read the LN they do have CD's and even the timings are noted as the mc use's them to pull off a mad trick in a fight, (would put a spoiler here but cba )

like i've posted before in a diff anime post, they cut loads of stuff out or move the meeting of players inside and out the game as they only have 22 mins of time for a show due to adds \ money or the maker cba to deal with something as it would cost to much screen time to exp[lain, also TKA is a huge add for Qidian parent company and others as they all use their chat service add's for Mccy D's etc ..its a anime for god sake to sell crap

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you watching for animation or story?
    I find it laughable to be honest, since 20 years ago the same animation would be seen as groundbreaking.
    It is a story medium not a bling contest.
    Not everyone will pull a Final Fantasy and lose money.
    I doubt you paid to watch it.

Damyabo likes this.
  6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Well product placement pays the bill. Given that you have had Korean producers commit suicide because of unpaid bills. I won't fault anything for paying its bills

Damyabo likes this.
  7. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there really was no way that the anime would ever be a faithful representation of the story in terms of showing the game.
    I've not watched the anime myself but in the novel while APM is mentioned as important is still only part of the reason why the mc can stay on top, just as important if not more so is that he have memorized most if not all skills in minute detail, including cooldowns, durations, range and bonus effects, and the ones that isn't completely memorized he is able to at least calculate.
    I can easily see how that would be left out if the anime is too busy trying to show off the action.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the anime and all that was explained. I think the biggest issue OP has is the quality of the graphics

strayCat0 and Nimroth like this.
  9. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. he does NOT have a harem...
    2. being a professional gamer DOES make you more of a gamer
    3.you actually somewhat have a point there if we go only on the anime it skips alot of technical stuff and replaces it with flashy stuff but really would you watch a 20 minute episode where all he does is run around and kite a superhard boss? because i sure wouldn't
    4.glory is a very balanced game in some ways but there is one thing that is unbalanced and that is skill point gained from missions at random. while you might argue against silver equipment actually they are not unbalanced as the silver equipment that players have to spend LOTS and LOTS of resources into that might be worse than the stuff you put into it but if you do it right you get super good equips.

also apm DOES make a difference even if there are skill cooldowns as there is no point and click skills like wow, hell the game is not even third person so they have to actually aim everything themselves. not to mention like someone else said: aiming will be like a game of osu on hardest insanemode difficulity.

10. FatalStrings

FatalStrings Admiral: Third Celestial Armada

Reading List:
    Link
    why should I pay for something that is free?
    they release the episodes in youtube
    look it up

also i dont care if the show looks 20 years old as long as the animation and production quality is good

recycled animation is a sign of LAZINESS, the production team is cutting too many corners in this one
    top it off with product placements and this show ends up insulting

compare this shit to an actual 20 year old show like Neon Genesis Evangelion and you will know what I am talking about
    eva did a better job, without McDonalds pop in the show.

not to mention that the constant ass pulling that the MC is doing, people burned SAO for Kirito for the same shit but somehow this garbage gets a free pass?

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    To each his own, Evangelion did not impress me.SAO was creepy unlike Eva I watched it when it was on air, was disappointing.
    Your opinion is not the law of the land, don't be so surprised when others don't agree with you.

12. FatalStrings

Reading List:
    Link
    1. harem member #1. the bitch in the opening scene that is with him when he was terminated
    she defended him when he was getting booted out, obviously she wants the D
    harem member #2. the bitch that owned the internet cafe
    Hired him, on the spot, and let him sleep inside her cafe. its either she is asking to be raped or she actually believed the MC is gamer Jesus when he introduced him self earlier, and she wants to be raped by him
    Harem member #3. the bitch that is friends with the cafe owner.
    the total noob that dominates veteran players, because #360NOSCOPE_APM!!!!
    she trash talked the game saying that it is 'too simple' (which is not trashtalk by my standards), but the MC got pissy anyway and ripped her to shreds in pvp. Now being mentored by him, if nothing happened between those 2 the MC is gay

2. ok, every one has a definition of gamer fine by me

3. a short run time is not an excuse, especially here. with all of the recycled animation
    if they removed the recycled animation they will have more time to explain how the game works.
    for example, the the umbrella gun transformation scene. they repeat that every single time he shoots a gun.
    why not show me the player screen? give me the players perspective I want to see the monitor display when he do his crazy combos. that will provide more information on how the game works with out uttering a single word, and it will only take seconds. but no they choose to be lazy

4. the last fight scene in episode 7 shows how imbalanced the game was
    MC vs 7 Pro players - the pros ambushed the MC one of the pros is a guild master that is in the top 5 players of the game
    there is no way the MC will survive that in a balanced game.
    first of he is up against pros, you are telling me pros don't know about silver weapons? and they are not using it?
    they are a have the resources to craft those things.

also they are playing in a new server meaning their levels are relatively the same
    one player killing an entire team is the very definition of imbalanced.

13. FatalStrings

Reading List:
    Link
    no, you are lying, its not explained.
    give me the episode number and the time stamp when the game's mechanics was explained, i fuckin dare you

also all of the things i say are facts

Glory, as an e-sport MMO is buggy and imbalanced - fact
    APM, not an adequate explanation why the main characters are dominating the game - fact
    the anime has too many recycled animation - fact

if the law of the land is hypocrisy, then call me a bandit, I am not doing that shit.
    you are disappointed in SAO but okay with TKA? even though they have the same fuckin issues?
    hypocrite

14. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing happened between those 2. The MC is gay. His harem is the entire league. Big Eye Wang(the magician), Yu Wenzhou(the mage in ep10), Huang Shaotian(Blademaster who talks too much).....are all his ukes!

Wujigege likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It is explained rather well, you were not paying attention. Someone else already pointed it out : cooldowns etc

Stop thinking your opinion is the law of the land, as I pointed out before unlike you graphics is not the priority for me, SAO was creepy and disappointing especially the in game torture of the female MC. You need to grow up.

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible spoiler? I haven't gotten far :cry:

17. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    - -Would you still read TKA if it's yaoi?

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it, the female characters are not even enjoyable, I was disappointed

19. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I was joking. TKA is not yaoi.

Wujigege likes this.
  20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    you need to stay away from harem genre(especially to love ru kind) cuz IMO your brain have been damaged so bad till point you can't recognize what harem~ even your reason is similar to someone who watched to much hentai~ like someone who think using his dick than a brain~
    no wonder I find it weird when I see you stated harem member~
    seriously not everyone think with his dick like you so every girl pop up automatically consider as harem~
    stay away from hentai for awhile~

Aiiee likes this.