LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, we still don't know if Brendel can maintain all those summons at once, or if he just used up a lot of resources for temp gain.

Second of all, there is a big flaw in Brendel's strength that is so spread out. Not to mention the opponent was not trying to kill him at all costs. His main goal was to protect that guy. With that high speed, Brendel is at a disadvantage, even more so since undead don't get tired.

Edit: Though I don't know if the item drop from kadias is something that will make him a lot stronger or not

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't we know that? I'm pretty sure that's the entire point of being a planeswalker. I also heard that class is based on a real card game. There's probably a limit to the amount of cards in his hand but that amount is obviously enough to maintain a group to attack people with since that's the entire point of those sorts of card games. To maintain them he has to pay a certain amount everyday to maintain them along with the summoning price.

He wasn't trying to protect that guy when they first met and was being cornered.

3. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is pretty much the exact reason why he got the Elementalist job, wasn't it? So that he'd generate a greater amount of elemental power each day. He was already generating a bit before, but now he's producing a lot more hence the instant gain of resources.

In fact, this was why he was waiting for that period of time, whatever it was called, since that's the time of day when he gains elemental power (a new "turn", so to speak). So now he's generating around 30 elemental power for each of the elements each day. He DEFINITELY has enough elemental power to maintain his summons.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Luffy1996 likes this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There are limits to his elemental points and his wealth. What he did was save up on a bunch of wealth and points by saving up.

He was trying to protect him. Because his goal was not to kill Brendel at all costs. His goal was to protect that guy. Which meant he was focused on more defensive than offensive.

There is more than just elemental points, he needs wealth. That said even in elemental points, its a bit more complex. Lets say hypothetically he has 100 elemental points pool. If he uses up all 100 points, what is his elemental points recovery rate? He might generate a lot, but it still might take a week or more to recharge his entire pool for example.

5. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the wealth cost of the new cards? None, right? The Angels had none. Neither do the Equipment/Experience cards have any either. The upkeep is low as well. Just look at Ciel who was upgraded to Gold rank. There is no Wealth upkeep for these new cards and he was capable of maintaining Medissa before. The only problem was the high initial cost of unlocking and summoning.
    He gained that much for the realignment phase. So no, there aren't any problems at all with maintenance.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about when they originally started fighting in the city. The baron wasn't there to be protected and he decided to kill Brendel to cut off the head. He was utterly controlled.

7. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    That was before Brendel used his XP. And with his unfair growth speed, that Gap will just get closer and closer.

Also, we still don't know wth being an Planeswalker with territory entails. I'm hoping this novel reaches the point where he is battling other world Planeswalker with their own unique builds.

8. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just blazed through around 50 chapters.

He's got a real power up now, no?

Or he just blew away wealth? (as in its non-rechargeable?)

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the Land cards he owns generates Wealth, I believe. That's why he said this:

10. Justcallmejust

Justcallmejust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the 12 update. Is that really the end of vol. 2?

While waiting for July 15th. Should we discuss some stuffs? Ciel is just bound/equipped with that exp card, right? Meaning, Brendel can enequip it and use the card for himself? If it were used to the Mercenary of Lopez, could it be that each of them will got the whole exp making them gold ranked? Or it's just my wishful thinking and those exp will just be distributed to the 12 of them and they can only reach silver rank?

Anybody got any opinions? Spoilers are welcomed too... :oops:

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The card was said to work on summoned creatures so he shouldn't be able to use it on himself. It might work on the mercs but like you said it'll probably spread out between them all.

12. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If undead exist and a menace then why didn't they just practice cremation. In a world where the dead can rise surely they would have found burying their dead dangerous.

13. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And we're back.

14. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like the kind of ring that would be more valuable the higher your level was, and would be extremely difficult to buy with money.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're trying to recruit a man to your side, its rather important to be more clear about your political affiliations and aspirations, especially when said man is extremely political in nature.

I thought it said in an earlier chapter that the Mercury Staff was a planeswalker item? Has Brendel just forgotten that? Or the author? Or am I misremembering?

"The Four Sages took four Divine Weapons ... Firestorm Staff, Dyrnwyn, Hydra Ring, Holty Staff Oarvolr and the Divine Spear Gungnir." I think someone doesn't know how to count.

I wonder if he's bringing that sword to Brendel (unintentionally of course).

Someone remind me, was the Lionheart the sword that revealed itself when he made that knight's oath in front of the Royal Faction, the dragon and the Silver Elves?

16. Dovaknovel

Dovaknovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes,Lionheart its that sword,i think the sword uses magic to see the heart/worth of the wielder so Brendel will got the sword(obvious),actually he needs the Lionheart because normal sword dont support his power.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps the Firestorm staff is the Holy Staff Oarvolr.

I believe so.

18. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Brendel got the sword "Lion Heart" because of the revelation of riddle on ebdon & Sage slate (prerequisite of the quest in order to get the lion sword) compatibility of divine artifact resonance and the acknowledgement of 2 forgotten hero knights of aouine of the past .()plus the forgotten aoth he passionately recite in front Member of a Royal faction Dragon & Silver elves is also a big factor that he got the approval of the ancestral king of the Wise. The first king Erik. But The problem is that he is still too low lvl. to wield the sword Brendel need to be at least level60+ and that illegitimate bastard child of the Duke tirste already stole the sword! It's gonna be a pain in the ass later on....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like he probably should have consulted his advisor about his tax policies before implementing them. She likely would have known about the extremely high royal taxes and religious tithes. I wonder how he'll pay them (or get out of paying them) when the time comes.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They sound like they'd be quite vulnerable to stink bombs, especially really loud stink bombs.