Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatchy

Hatchy 【Shem's Big Bro】【Aiiee's Clone】

Reading List:
    Link
    With eyes of a dead and battered fish, I drag my feet towards the receptionist's desk and wordlessly turn in the report. I said no words since there was nothing to be said. That and I was tired mentally. Oh well.

Completed Quests:
    Delta Town|#GE3|E-Ranked|Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet]

Failed Quests:
    Delta Town|#GE2|E-Ranked|Clean Barnacles from hull [40 G]
    Delta Town|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Chickens [20 G| 5 x Eggs]
    Solo

People always ask me about my name every time they hear it. Although I can't blame them, it gets quite irritating to explain the reason behind it and what not.

Hello, Quickhatch's here. Anyways, my name roughly translates to wolverine which I find ironic since I'm supposedly from the fox tribe. Now I know what it feels like to be the child of a parent who thought it was a good idea to give a unique name to make me stand out from the others. Not that it worked out though. I'm hopelessly ordinary.

~~~~~
    As I leave the Guild Tavern after meeting a few adventurer's there, I glance over the quest details to formulate my schedule.

"Let's see...for cleaning barnacles and fishing, I'll need to take the teleport gate to Delta Town, but the chickens have to be found elsewhere..."

Apparently, the chicken breeders are the ones who requested the guild to put up the quest to gather chickens. The desert habitat makes it hard for chickens to thrive so they have to be taken from somewhere else. I wonder why they couldn't just buy the chickens from other villages but I guess it might cost too much.

As soon as I finish scanning over the details, I roll up the quest paper and put it away. I walk towards the teleport gate for Frontier Village. Frontier Village is located in the Great Plains so I figure there should be some chickens roaming about. As for the specific locations, I can just ask around. Soon, I arrive at the teleport gate and enter it to travel to Frontier Village.

I'm not sure how to describe the feeling of spatial magic. There was no pain but it felt strange.

After asking a few locals, I head south to a spot that supposedly has feral chickens nesting in it. Along the way I see a sign saying: Danger!!! Do not feed or aggravate the chickens!!!

That's kinda funny. What can a chicken do besides eat and lay eggs anyways?

For now, I'll just keep the warning in the back of my head and proceed as planned.

My plan to catch the chickens was simple. With my skill Cannon Fodder, if I make a chicken recognize me as a threat, then the skill should activate and cause it to charge right at me. Then I can just scoop it up and the quest will be done! Easy!

"I hope nothing goes wrong..."

I'm not worrying too much since although the skill name and content is irritating, it says I won't take the center stage in anything so it's not like I'm going to trigger any troublesome flags like the MC would in web novels. Of course, it doesn't hurt to be a little cautious so I decide that its best to find chickens that are isolated from the main group. That way, I won't have a swarm of chickens coming after me.

A lone grazing chicken came to sight just 10 minutes later. I aggravate it by throwing a small stone at it and restrain it with a cloth bag. Captured one without a hitch. Score one for side characters!

Anyways, when I try to put the struggling chicken in the item box, it didn't suck it up like it does with other objects.

"Looks like it doesn't store living things..."

I wonder how I'm going to bring 10 chickens back to town. I won't have to carry them all will I? When it comes to my strength, I'm stronger than an average male but not by much. So while it isn't impossible to carry them all back, it's still a hassle.

"Hmmm.......ah!"

I suddenly get a good idea and move on to test it immediately. I put the squirming chicken into the bag again. I figured that if I put it in the bag, the item box might recognize it as an inanimate object and store it. I'm not sure if it'll work but its worth a shot.

"Let's see...do this....and then......haha! It works!

The item box successfully sucked in the bag without a problem. On my card in the item box section the words Bag with 1 Chicken x1 is written. Hooray for optimism.

"Great! Now I just need nine more!"

I resume the hunt and I capture 9 more chickens two hours later. I wipe off the sweat off my brows and smile at all the hard work I did.

"Phew! Took a bit longer than expected since it was hard to find lone chickens, but its finally done! Ah...but I'm a bit tired now. Guess I'll take a short nap."

I find a dry patch of grass and I lie down and close my eyes. Nothing feels more blissful than a quiet nap on a nice sunny day. Or so I thought before my nose caught a whiff of a foreign smell.

Chickens? But they're in the item box so it can't be coming from them. And it smells like there's a lot of them too.

I open my eyes and see a unwelcoming scene. A sigh involuntarily escapes my mouth as I shake my head.

"Ah....me and my big mouth..."

Before me is the lovely sight of countless irritated chickens poised to attack me at a moments notice. I don't understand why they consider me a threat though. All I did was kidnap a few of their friends and family.

I stand up with a smirk and take a deep breath. With a fighting stance and determined eyes, I firmly shout.

"You think you can take me on?! I, your father, will show you otherwise!!! Come at me!!!"

And so, the battle of the century commenced.

Needless to say, the poor chuunibyou idiot who decided it was okay to take on more than 100 feral chickens with bare hands lost miserably and was forced to free the 10 captive chickens. After returning to town, one of the locals felt bad for him and gave him 5 speedy tuna as compensation. He then went back to the guild inn and didn't bother cleaning any barnacles since he had a slight feeling that he would trigger another flag if he did so. At least he didn't go back empty handed but if you told him that he was lucky for getting free fish, he might kill you with the scolding stare of a poor person. Life sure is hard.

Did you expect a side character to obtain something? If you pity me, give me a legendary sword or something....

@brasca123

Pyoo likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Delta Town|#GE3|E-Ranked|Fish 5 Speedy Tunas [80G | 1 x Speedy Tuna Fillet]
    Delta Town|#GE2|E-Ranked|Clean Barnacles from hull [40 G]
    Delta Town|#GE1|E-Ranked|Gather 10 Chickens [20 G| 5 x Eggs]
    ==============================================
    Ah, welcome back uhn... *takes a look at his card* Kuiku... Hassho... San? Sorry, Hikari will learn to say it properly...

Well... Hikari is sorry to hear it and hopes Ku... Kuiku-san gets better at it next time.

The reward will be of 80G and 1 Speedy Tuna Fillet.

Please take care and try harder next time! >.<

3. Kroenen

Kroenen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]

Solo

@brasca123

Date Point: N/A
    Time: 2100 hrs
    “Kroenen”

The groaning of great steel doors was followed by the lights and the ventilation humming to life as it illuminates a warehouse filled with rows upon rows of racks and crates stacked together containing arms and munitions. Entering the room was a man wearing a black military uniform under a dark grey greatcoat and an obsidian colored mask that fully enclosed his head, drawn on the face hidden under that mask is a smile, brought about by the prospect of being surrounded by a somewhat adequate amount of weapons. Standard weaponry for the soldiers of the Reich filled a couple of the racks with more of them stowed in crates and the same goes for their ammunition, a good amount weapon stands are filled with captured and experimental prototype small arms that Kroenen has scrounged up from inside the Facility with a more limited amount of ammo for them. The non-standard issue ones are to be modified, completed or improved if the situation calls for it or if there’s a need for such firearm and a production line for the corresponding ammunition spared for full production.

The research installation has been brought back to life, at least some parts of it. Power hungry sections were left without electricity while sections that have machining and metal working tools were put back to working order. Assembly line for ammunition started belching their products out as the process for making them are largely automated with the only processes that needs human touch being the setting of gauges, molds, dies and powder measures. Vehicle manufacture and more complex machines were put on hold until the mana powered turbine has been completed and working models for mana based power sources are perfected. Deep within the bowels of the Facility lies technological wonders in slumber until Kroenen has sorted out and restored full functionality of the underground labyrinthine structure but for now it is time to arm up.

Explosives are the first to be hauled from the far corner of the warehouse. Crates filled with fragmentation grenades, bundle charges and concussion grenades were the first to go inside the masked soldier’s item box followed by specialty ones such as boxes of captured No.77 Special Incendiary grenades, stun, smoke, tear gas, and chemical grenades. Interdiction types of explosives were to follow such as anti-personnel and anti-tank mines of different variety like directional, fragmentation, bounding mines and chemical mines with even a couple of Abwehrflammenwerfer 42 flame mine was included among them.

Engineering tools were next to the list, all that will be needed to construct or demolish defensive structures, ease navigation of the battlefield for friendly forces and interdict with the enemy's movement. Indispensable to the combat engineer’s tool box are hammers of different sizes, wood-chopping axes, wire-cutters, different types of cold saws, drills and drill bits, milling tools, leveling and measuring tools, grinders, vises and clamps, jacks and shovels. Also essential are copious amounts of demolition charges hence crates of Bangalore torpedoes, bricks of Composition C, Composition B, RDX, Semtex explosives and a few Goliath tracked mines were acquired.

A soldier can’t obviously leave out guns and ammunition. His dated armoury was still kept in reserve since the guns were rated for nitrous based cartridges, the bladed weapons are still relevant and can be useful for emergency or miscellaneous purposes; for example the sawed-off double barrel is retained because of the need for a form of hand cannon while his sabre was retired but the machetes and knives were still expected to be used quite often. New to his personal weapons are the Winchester Model 12 trenchgun for close encounters, the K-31 rifle to reach out long distances, the StG46 chambered in a more perfected .223 prototype for the in-between ranges of the first two guns and a prototype intermediate caliber light machine gun designated as the MG82 which looks like a downscale of the general purpose MG42 machinegun though it has a different but closely related operating principle that Kroenen had re-chambered for the same round as the StG46 and fitted with a fluted heavy barrel for better cooling under sustained fire when there's a need to feed something with copious amounts of lead. Secondary weapons are also a necessity, handguns have always been the sidearm ever since it was invented and not having one is unbecoming for any officer of an army. Custom Browning Hi-Power with its 13+1 capacity, nickel plated finish, extended beaver tail to mitigate the hammer biting the web of the thumb and improvements for the trigger which means that the magazine safety that adds unwanted additional weight to the trigger was removed making it a light and crisp trigger pull. The Sig-P210 was left in its black finish but had its overall length increased for accuracy, it was also fitted with contoured rosewood grips, flared magazine well, extended beaver tail, improvements to ergonomics like a magazine release located to the side of the grip rather than at the heel as well as the safety and slide release reoriented and lengthened for ease of use with a flick of a thumb. Kroenen also opted to create what will be the first of many custom revolver, basing the first one on the Smith and Wesson Model 27 introduced in the 1930s with a 2 inch barrel chambered for the powerful .357 magnum as well as updating its materials to make a pocket cannon. Kroenen machined the frame from scandium alloy used for prototype aircraft designs, its cylinder and barrel shroud from titanium and an alloy of titanium and stainless steel for the barrel itself making the gun quite resistant to corrosion and fouling as well as increasing the capacity from six to eight due to the added strength of the cylinder due to meticulous heat treatment that the parts have undergone through. A 40mm grenade launcher pistol, two grapple guns and a tranquilizer pistol based on the Webley revolver frame was the last of his personal weaponry. All these weapons will always be in his possession for his use and were molded by his own hands to suit his needs; all of them bear the changes done to increase their performance in relation to Kroenen's preferences and intended use, the ammunition to feed these weapons were hauled aplenty.

Other additional field expedient and specialized weapons were taken next. A silenced P-38k pistol for when there’s a need for discretion, crates of MG34s and Mg42s along with its accouterments including spare parts such as barrels and bolts, a 20mm S-18/1000 Solothurn anti-tank rifle and its S-18/1100 version went as well with accessories and spare parts to account for breakages, crates of anti-tank weapons that can be re-purposed for sturdy targets considering the absence of tanks in this world along with a few artillery pieces, crates of ammunition and all the bells and whistles needed for the equipment to operate.

Next on his list are additional equipment such as machinegun mounts, stamping and machining, fabricating and electronic tools for projects he's planning on doing in the guild headquarters, rolls of barbed wires, sandbags, Czech hedgehog tank traps and deployable barricades.

Another hangar that houses vehicles was raided by the masked soldier. Vehicles that can be operated by a single person are priority such as the Ferret Scout Car which was recently adapted by the British armed forces, the Hanomag SdKfz 251 halftrack for transport on rough terrains or as a mobile gun platform and some armored engineering, recovery and repair vehicles. Kroenen was about to leave the vehicle hangar when he saw a peculiar row of large and familiar crates, definitelylarge enough to fit a vehicle. Opening the first one confirms his suspicion, a Willys Jeep sits on its crate with its wheels tied and stowed in the driver and passenger seats. Probably intercepted supplies from the Americans and is indeed an interesting find he thought, a few modification would transform it into a Fast Attack Vehicle that can operate in a wide range of terrains and bear a good amount highly mobile fire power which was why he decided to acquire a few crates of them definitely not because he doesn’t want to drive a Kubelwagen. Behind the Jeep crates is another vehicle that is covered by a canvas tarp but judging the shape and the eight barely covered tires it seems like an this is an armored personnel carrier or an eight wheeled armored scout vehicle though it’s not the SdKfz 234 judging by the profile and definitely not the M8 Greyhound that only has six wheels. Unveiling what’s under it reveals a relatively flat bodied and turret-less vehicle unlike the hunched-back look of others of its kind, upon closer inspection one can see that the four middle set of wheels were made of metal and are not touching the ground which makes it a rather strange vehicle, not far from it is the documentation that holds information about the vehicle lying on top of an elongated wooden crate. A French pre-war armored car design designated as Panhard EBR that has yet to be mass produced, features include 200 hp 12 cylinder engine that pushes the armored car to about 100kph max, 14 inch wide and 24 inch diameter tires that were fitted with Veil-Picard tubes which are nitrogen-filled cells that enables it to absorb bullets and shrapnel without going flat, the four middle metal tires can be lowered to increase the surface area of the vehicle to help mobility and traction in soft, uneven and muddy ground and can be raised to increase speed. Inside the elongated crates are the turrets made to fit the vehicle, an oscillating design that permits a high gun placement which in turn permits better elevation angle of the main gun and easy fitting for an auto loading mechanism, selection for the main gun is between a 75mm and a very substantial 90mm gun that was designed for a light tank that can be fitted with the same turret. Plans sprouted inside the masked head of Kroenen to convert this contraption into a vehicle that can be fully functional with a single operator in the driver seat, several possible approach to this is to make a fire control system that will slave the turret controls, the main gun sight and the coaxial machinegun to a control column and a monitor on the driver seat as well as another camera to the rear and re-purposing the rear driver seat into a compartment or a passenger seat though those plans are for now only an eventuality.

On to motorcycles, an obsession of the man years before he donned the mask but considering the poor quality of roads and the rough terrain bringing at least one is not that much of a bad idea. Wehrmacht standard issue BMW R-12, US Army issue Indian 841 and the British BSA M20. Last thing to take care of is fuel so Kroenen made his way into another warehouse where trucks carrying fuel tanks were kept and took considerable amount of it to fuel the vehicles that are now inside his item box, he’s on a research complex that has a couple of departments that deals with armored vehicles and aircraft so there’s plenty albeit unreplenishable amount of it to go around after securing the amount needed to fill up the Facility's generators which will hopefully last until his return.

He checks out another hangar where a collosal turbine assembly suspended above ground, its housing covered by a tarp not far from it. The rotor assembly is made of mithril alloy forge welded into a solid mithril axle which can be connected to copper-mithril wires coiling into an applicator assembly and a feeder for quartz rods that will be made into mana stones. Several engines of different sizes that are yet to be completed are also arranged on one corner of the hangar, they are the first prototype of mana powered engines that are set to fit different vehicle chassis. He needed more mithril in order to complete the rotor assembly, a reason why going into a mining centric missions is a necessity at the moment. Full functionality of the research complex will be restored once the mana turbine is finished and properly installed.

Packing crates of rations were the last thing Kroenen did before leaving for the mines, soldiers have to eat after all. Gone are the old half iron and full iron rations that were woefully inadequate for any fighting man’s nutrition, the best and the brightest of the Facility’s Food Research department has created a survival ration that is to be used when the rationing of the usual food supplies were interrupted for some reason. A metal box that’s 3x5 inches, an inch thick and weighs 10 oz. that can easily fit anyone’s pouch, soldiers always carry at least two of them on their kit. One unit is comprised of two pieces held shut by sturdy industrial grade tape, inside is a packet of instant tea extract, a bar of chocolate, a strip of water purification tablets, three caramel bars and a meat bar. Ample amounts of sugar, protein and fat for sustenance regardless of how intact the supply lines in order to increase the soldier’s survivability for at least 24 hours per ration unit. Ample supply of marching rations were also taken, rations designed to last four days marching from one point to another with the expectation of getting relieved by the end of it. Marching rations consists of bread, wurst, preserved vegetables, jam, honey, hazelnut paste or butter, Isotonic sports drinks, coffee, sugar and cigarettes. Boxes that would easily fill three flatbed trucks of Scho-ka-kola were also included; they are items that are not allowed to be left out.

The journey north using the R-12 made the trip towards the Gallant Pass pleasantly short. Kroenen found it comforting to hear the roar of diesel engines, the motorcycle making short work of the woodland terrain as it easily weave through the trees. Parking the vehicle among the shrubbery near the mine’s entrance was done before hiding it with a camouflage net, he then rechecks his armaments before entering the mine.

Turning on the flashlight strapped to the breast pocket of his greatcoat and a shotgun in hand he starts looking for suitable mining spots. The Winchester 12 made short and gruesome work of snow goblins, buckshot was absolute overkill but he’d rather have that than having to shoot a second time. Finding ample space he takes out an electric generator and started setting up electric lamps to illuminate the immediate area, finishing that he examines the cavern in order to examine how the charges will be set. Kroenen drill holes arranged in a 3x3 square along the cave wall with each hole is filled with a stick of dynamite then kneaded a No. 808 plastic explosive into a round disc which he placed in the center of the square before connecting them with a length of electric blasting caps which will detonate them, once the charges had been set he then relocated into a safe area where he pressed the handheld switch that ignites the explosives. The first to detonate was the center charge that was spread in a wide surface area causing a blast wave that greatly fissures the surface, the dynamites that borders the square follows the detonation by half a second which aggravates the fissure into rubble making the wall crumble. Kroenen examines his handiwork and among his feet are clumps of rock, minerals and ores. Using crates as a container for the rubble in order to clean out the site before he started sifting through it where he finds fire crystals and earth crystals which he segregates on a separate box before being swallowed by the item box, even the crate of rocks were included since it will be used eventually as fortifications and earthen obstacles.

Diving deeper into Gallant mine he found a small conclave of goblins huddled right before the next mining spot, fearful of the rumble of the explosions brought by the masked soldier. Two of them stand a bit less than Kroenen who is about six and a half foot tall, hobgoblins that are serving as guard to the smaller ones armed with a pickax and a plank of wood. They charged at the perceived threat and the soldier leveled his weapon against the one holding a mining axe, 12-gauge buckshot carved a cavernous crater on the center of its torso throwing it backwards. The masked soldier racked the pump to eject the spent shell but by the time he chambers another round the second hobgoblin was already upon him with its makeshift weapon raised. Parrying the plank using the shotgun Kroenen pushed it to the side which aligned its buttstock against the large goblin, he thrust forward aiming for the throat making the goblin reel backwards in pain giving him enough distance to clear the gun's muzzle and bring it to bear against the aggressor which he immediately do with an aimed shot to the hobgoblin's knee followed by another to the head. The soldier was about to turn towards the smaller ones when one of them pounced at him, they roll and scuffle and in the process dropped his shotgun. The brave little goblin mounted the prone soldier but ate a fist for its effort; Kroenen grabs it by the neck and pushed away from his body all while the goblin ineffectually scratches desperately at his thick greatcoat and bulletproof mask. Hearing the footsteps of the others about to join their scuffle Kroenen's right hand frees the Hi-power pistol from the holster on his left chest and lift his left shoulder off the ground as he tilts the pistol clockwise 90 degrees to prevent its slide from being caught against his body as it cycle and cause a malfunction before firing two shots to the torso of the poor goblin. Its body was thrown to the side as soon as it went limp and Kroenen who was still on his back lifts both shoulders off the ground using his lower back as the third contact point to the ground along with both his legs started shooting the incoming mob of humanoid monsters. Three-four, five-six, seven-eight. Two shots per target aimed center mass, he'd put a third one to the head just to be sure but there are quite a number of them and aiming for a small target such as one's head with poor lighting condition at breakneck pace would only mean misses which is something he could not afford at the moment. He found a lull in their approach and took the chance rolling to the side before standing up to face another wave. The first of the second wave took one to the chest and another to the head, the second took one to the head point blank, third got plugged twice to the body. The slide of the pistol locks open which signals that the gun is empty, Kroenen reached under his coat for a spare magazine as his right hand ejects the spent one. A fresh magazine was inserted and he thumbed the release which sends the slide home as it chambers a round just in time for another hobgoblin to close the distance, the soldier parries a strike with his free hand and thrusts his pistol barrel first to its shoulder followed by a hip throw and finishing with a stomp to the throat. Scanning around if there are still threats he finally relaxes once it was confirmed that that there are no more lingering threats before looking for the shotgun he dropped among the corpses littering the area.

Once the dust from the second explosion he had set up has settled down enough he examines his handiwork and its yield. Four good chunks of mithril ore, sizable lumps of iron ore and more earth crystals, a good yield but puts him a bit short of what was required and he needs more than what was agreed upon the contract to account for his personal projects which simply means more engineered explosions are to be done. He left the quarry after setting up beams to prevent a collapse to find another which would surely have enough iron, mithril and other things he’ll need to start creating his own contraptions. The next excavation site was found around fifteen minutes and two of dozen dead bodies later and is occupied by goblins as well, a bigger group than the first he has encountered with more hobgoblins included if the infrared function of his mask is accurate. Kroenen was still undetected by the occupants of the tunnel section due to him turning off his flashlight and relying on the Vampir infrared system to hide in the dark this time so he made a plan, that plan simply being fumigation. He produced two olive drab cylinders from his item box marked AN-M8 which is the standard issue smoke grenade for the Allies and pulled out the safety pin. The goblins had a bewildered look on their faces as the first metal cylinder rolled just a meter short of where they were huddled up, half a second after it halted its movement a sudden pop was heard and it started spewing smoke from the bottom, another green canister started bouncing with smoke already trailing from its metallic body. The cavern was obscured with thick white smoke in an instant and breathing becomes impossible without a gasmask which is already a functionality of Kroenen’s head gear. The combination of the obfuscating smoke, the hissing of the grenade and the sudden inability to breathe causes panic among the humanoid creatures which was inevitably followed by a stampede. The ones not seeing where they were running to collided with the cave wall and trampled on the others who tripped at rocks and other obstacles including their fellow goblins, by the time that the smoke grenade were emptied several of them were left with varying amount of injuries all of which doesn’t matter since they have cleared his way. Using a riot control grenade with a CN or CS filler would’ve been excessive as the small amount of dispersion in an enclosed space would increase the lethality of an advertised less-lethal grenade, still all that was left for him to do was finish off the ones that were too injured to vacate the place.

The mineral yield was more than enough this time because of the use of Bangalore torpedoes as replacement to the dynamite and the center charge. The entire yield was trucks worth of stone, a crate of iron ore and copper ore, fifteen mithril ores, a dozen earth crystals, ten fire crystals, a dozen-and-a-half ice crystals, and a dozen wind crystals. The drive towards the Frontier village started as soon as Kroenen exited the mines, the route to Gallant pass can accommodate for carriages and wagons so it should be able to take a motorcycle just fine.

The thick tires of the R12 made all the difference in negotiating the rough terrain though several changes are already swimming inside Kroenen’s armoured head to improve the vehicle to his liking. Slapping a couple of guns to it is definitely involved. His arrival to the gates of Frontier village earned quite a fanfare, not surprising considering that it is the first time they’ve seen a motorcycle though the fact that the guild master is known for his strange contraptions should’ve made this occurrence mundane. After confirming his identity and intent he rode to the teleportation gate, looking down the muddy tires he paused to reconsider entering the gate mounted and making a mess on the roads of Aeternus. He dismounted and stow the bike away inside the item box before entering the teleport gate, once on the other side he took out the Indian 841 motorcycle and rode it towards the tavern not minding the racket he’s inducing because of the loud roar of its engine.
    Kroenen's arsenal is now updated, listed personal weapons will be placed on the weapon list on the AG card while the others will be added into miscellaneous categories.

Materials mined separate from the quest items were
    • crates of Iron ores
    • crates of Copper ores
    • crates of Rocks
    • 10 mithril ores
    • 7 earth crystals
    • 7 wind crystals
    • 15 ice crystal
    • 7 fire crystals

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    ExitedDeviljho likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Gallant Mine - #GE1 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Ice Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Ice Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GE2 - E-Ranked – Mine 5 Wind Crystal [ 80G | 1 x Refined Wind Crystal]
    Gallant Mine - #GD1 - D-Ranked – Mine 5 Mithril Ore [ 60G | 1 x Mithril Ingot]
    Gallant Mine - #GD2 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Fire Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Fire Crystal ]
    Gallant Mine - #GD3 - D-Ranked – Mine 3 Earth Crystals [ 100G | 1 x Refined Earth Crystal ]
    ======================================
    Welcome back!

Seems like everything is okay! Please have those 420G + rewards!

Take care now!

((Sorrry for the super bland reply, I'm barely awake rn, and it's still 4pm... I'll probably go take the bus home and sleep on the travel back... orz

Oh, and don't go making explosions on the mine! What if you make the whole thing crumble on your head!?))

5. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ash Plains|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Frost Spirits [270 G]
    Ash Plains|#SB2|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Frost Giants [300 G]
    Ash Plains|#SB3|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Fire Giants [300 G]
    Ash Plains|#SB4|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Ash beasts [280 G]
    Ant Nest|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 5 Champion Insects [350 G]
    Ant Nest|#SB2|B-Ranked|Slay 5 Flying Insects [350 G]

“I’ll take these Shady.” A strange mixture of a sigh and a laugh seeped in nostalgia followed my words and I looked curiously towards the source. “All this time and you still haven’t rid me of that damned nickname?” Seeing the look on his face as he spoke those words, I couldn’t do anything but laugh.

“Why would I? I think it fits quite a bit actually. Shadow; Tall, Dark, and Creepy.”

“Ah forget it.” Chuckling, I turn to the door and begin my leave when Shadow’s voice cuts through the ‘silence’. “Come back more often ya’ here?” I pause momentarily before a grin I couldn’t stop crawls its way onto my face. “Wouldn’t desert this place if it killed me Shadow.” Departure now continuing, I left just in time to not hear Shadow mumble, “Damn right” under his breath.

Leaving the guild in a fairly good mood, I looked at the quests I had taken. Ash Plains and the Ant Nest, neither of which would pose a challenge, much less a threat. Waving my hand in a downward cutting motion, a portal opens up. It looks like something akin to a tear in space but it’s far less dangerous. Taking a single step through the portal, I had gone from the guild all the way to the ash plains.

As I remembered how I did this in the past, I followed my previous actions and just wandered around. It wasn’t long before some ash beasts popped up thinking I was easy prey. I watched as it got closer and closer, and in response I reached up and put a finger on what I believed to be its forehead. The ash beast simply froze in place and I made a few motions in my hand, carving a rune into its head.

Piece by piece, the beasts time seemed to reverse and in a couple seconds it returned to the ash from where it came. Nodding at my progress, I couldn’t help but be disappointed at how long it took for something this weak to fall apart. It should’ve been far faster if I had calculated correctly. Though to be fair, I had developed this seal myself using my small amount of comprehension on time and space.

I had been wrong to think what I was cultivating was something that taught me everything I needed to know. In truth, it simply gave me a mastery in every element, but finding ways to use those elements were things I had to formulate on my own and it was by no means easy. This difficulty was magnified depending on the level of said element. If I was to give an example, it took me 3 days to figure out how I could imbue my weapons with power but it took me weeks to formulate this small seal and as shown, it still wasn’t as powerful as I originally envisioned it to be. More adjustments needed to be made.

Wandering through the ash plains, similar scenes took place. Something that I needed to kill popped out and I stopped it dead in its tracks before carving something into its head. Depending on the adjustments I made, the seal fluctuated between working faster or slower. However, I still wasn’t satisfied with my best as it took 5 seconds which was an ample amount of time for someone to break the rune.

I figured I could either make the seal work faster, or make it more complicated so it was harder to dispel. Making it faster seemed to be the best choice as I knew some things out there had an extremely high level of attainment in space and time and no matter how strong the seal was, it would take no effort to break it. Thus, I had decided on making the seal work so fast, it wouldn’t be able to react in time. However, the road was quite long so I had to postpone this dream for now.

Without even knowing it, I had reached the quota and even went a little overboard with the quest. I had killed at least 13 ash beasts and only a little bit under that in the rest of them. I had only noticed this when my progress in the seal came to a grinding halt, but it did make me open a portal to the Ant Nest. Just as you’d expect from a nest, arthropods swarmed around doing task after task.

Finding the targets I needed wasn’t hard but it was a little time consuming with all the other things gunning after me. If it was the me from before, a simple massacre would have taken place but not wanting to disturb anything more than I should like in the Ash Plains, I simply killed what I needed before disappearing from the nest.

I knocked a single time on the wall outside the guild before entering into the usual chaotic scene. Familiar faces were plentiful but there was a task at hand. Walking up to the former receptionist now guild master, I waved my hand at him before turning in the quests.

@shad12ow

ExitedDeviljho likes this.
  6. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ash Plains|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Frost Spirits [270 G]
    Ash Plains|#SB2|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Frost Giants [300 G]
    Ash Plains|#SB3|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Fire Giants [300 G]
    Ash Plains|#SB4|B-Ranked|Slay 3 Ash beasts [280 G]
    Ant Nest|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 5 Champion Insects [350 G]
    Ant Nest|#SB2|B-Ranked|Slay 5 Flying Insects [350 G]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Back so soon? Let me see the report....Hmm.....You know, Balthy ol friend, there's a splendid reason why we put the requested amount behind said target. Do you know why? It is so that they don't overhunt! You dolt, why in tarnation did you hunt 13 of them ash beast!? All 13 of them!? We only ask for 3 of them!...Ugh....if it's only 5, I wouldn't give a single complaint. But 13?....Dang it....And where's the other target? The Frost Giant? The Frost Spirit? The Fire Giant? Surely you will find more than we asked there. Sorry, I can't let that pass. Next, the ant nest....Hmm.....not stated in here at all? Too busy massacring them, I suppose? You know what, let me just do this. This is your reward, 150 G. Too small? Of course it is. I only count your ash beast one. And I even have to deduct your pay for overhunting them. Do a better job next time, ol friend."

OOC; Woah there! This is unexpected of you. You know the drill, ol friend. You need to state what you've done in detail. A single line of "I simply killed what I needed before disappearing from the nest." or "...and only a little bit under that in the rest of them" wouldn't cut it, ya know? Of course, no need to detail each of the fight, but you still need to tell the story, ya know?
    And don't overhunt too, unless you're okay being fined. LOL~

AliceShiki and ExitedDeviljho like this.
  7. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, i figured it was time for my record to be besmirched

8. The Forever Distant Victory

The Forever Distant Victory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE1|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Slimes [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE2|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Goblins [50 G]
    Great Plain|#SE5|E-Ranked|Slay 15 Kobolds [70 G]

[Ugh… that was some unpleasant scene...] (Laura)

[You don’t way. And I was forced to watch 3 hours of corpse melting while you was sleeping.] (Eris)

[S-sorry...] (Laura)

[Don’t be sorry, be useful! Check quick the things!] (Eris)

As I was yelled at by Eris, I started checking my ‘Dungeon Rank’ skill.

[Territory, none… Items, none yet, nor traps. It seems like Gobby counts as dungeon monster, though.] (Laura)

[But what does that change?] (Eris)

[Simple~] (Laura)

In the information about the monsters, it was possible to open the details. And when I choose to open…

Name: Gobby
    Goblin
    Rank I (3/50)

[See?] (Laura)

[So, what’s that number beside it?] (Eris)

[Good that you asked. Check our current mana!] (Laura)

Mana Absorbed: 25/500

[What? It increased somehow.] (Eris)

[We some mana absorbing the monsters, so we were at 28/500! But I tried giving some to Gobby, and it became like that~!] (Laura)

[So we can give mana to the goblin? What about it?] (Eris)

[We’ll, I’ll test out after absorbing the mana from those Soul Crystals.] (Laura)

The crystals gifted by that fox were really welcomed at a moment like that.

After I discovered that the Guild was divided in ranks from ‘E’ to ‘S’, I started to wonder, where does out ‘I’ rank would be.

Maybe we were even weaker than a E rank, or maybe E rank was roughly equal to I rank.

Rather than worrying now, it was better to be prepared.

With that said, I absorbed the mana from the soul stones, making my mana rise to 425/500 and quickly poured 47 units of mana needed for Gobby to achieve 50.

As soon as I finished pouring, a new window appeared. The window said to choose the next evolution, or something.

Mage, Soldier, Warrior, Shaman… the ones available were things that looked more like classes than evolutions, though…

In any case, I choose the Warrior one for him.

I thought that there wouldn’t be any major change, but when I selected the Warrior option, Gobby’s body started to shine a bit and make some crunching sounds.

He groaned in pain for a bit before the light disappeared and his body stopped letting out weird sounds.

The result was outstanding.

He, who was shorter than a meter before, was now 120 cm or something tall. His body also looked a bit sturdier than before.

[Truly a mysterious power we have here…] (Eris)

Seeing what happened to him, Eris commented that.

[It looks just like a game. Seeing the light and the ‘evolution’ word kind of made me want to say that I want to catch ‘em all.] (Laura)

[What?] (Eris)

[Nothing~ *giggles*] (Laura)

I smiled, though I don’t have a body to really smile, as I checked the details about Gobby.

Goblin Apprentice Warrior
    Rank H (0/100)

Though I could fill his mana bar again, I decided to refrain from that for now.

I decided to summon a clay golem, that became available for 30 mana, four other goblins and some basic equipment for Gobby and the rest.

In the end, my mana ended up at 217 units…

Geh… the ‘money’ is sure burning up fast…. Let’s leave that aside for now!

[With that, our preparations are over!] (Laura)

[Preparations for what?] (Eris)

Fufufu~ Good that you asked!

I raised two imaginary fingers.

[For two reasons; Firstly, we need to hunt. It seems like we can gather mana by devouring the corpses. Plus the information!] (Laura)

[You are really into it, aren’t you?] (Eris)

[Well, more or less. It sounds fun to be a dungeon. Oh, and that’s the second reason, by the way. We need to find a suitable place to build our dungeon!] (Laura)

[Good to see you pumped up to act, scaredy cat.] (Eris)

I ordered the Clay Golem to pick us up. The golem was able to manipulate its body to a certain extent, so it made a hollowed part on its torso and put the orb there.

After all the preparations needed, we headed out from the Flying Fortress to the village near the place we popped out in this world. Well, I said we, but Eris is actually sleeping at the moment… In any case, the name of the village seemed to be Frontier Village or something.

I thought our small group wouldn’t blend well, but they seemed to accept pretty easily the sight of a five armed goblins walking with a 150 cm tall clay golem with a strange orb in its belly.

Well, we still received some suspicious looks, but most of the people in the village didn’t seemed to care about us as we passed by the streets and exited the village.

Outside of the village, the large plain extended itself as far as one could see. The open plains were better, since it would be easier to find our preys.

The first ones were a group of goblins. They numbered four, three of them carried wooden clubs, while one of them had a dirtied sword.

According to my info, they’re stronger as group, so attacking them would be difficult. Well, it would if we didn’t had Gobby and the others, that numbered more than them.

The current members of the group were Gobby himself and another goblin carrying axes, one with a spear, one with a sword and the last one with a bow. The clay golem won’t count as fighting power, since he has to carry the orb in his body.

[Gobby, take them down!] (Laura)

As I ordered that, Gobby grumbled and signaled with his chin to the other goblins before charging. The four others quickly followed suit.

The enemy goblins, noticing the approach of our monsters, yelled and prepared their weapons.

They tried to resist, but were unable to do so. Not only we had numerical advantage, our goblins also were quite well equipped for goblins. The battle didn’t lasted even a minute, and there was almost no injuries to our goblins.

The loot of the battle was the clubs, the dirtied sword and the goblin corpses (rags included). I decided to store the corpses on the Item Box for now, since they would take too much time if I were to devour them. But the weapons were easier to eat, so I did it now. I only got 9 units of mana, though.

In any case, we continued exploring the plains for a while before we found our second prey. Well, rather than a prey, I should call this a gamble. We had to hide to not be noticed by them, and were currently observing them from afar.

A small camp of goblins, that seemed to be made in a hurry, stood at a considerable distance of the rock we were.

The goblins there, at least the ones I can see, count no less than 15. Also, I saw two of them holding staffs around and a leader-like one stood in the middle of the camp ordering them around with a brand new longsword. I said ‘brand new’, but there’s still some bloodstains, probably of the old owner.

I looked back at my own goblins. Four pairs of eyes stared at me blankly, while Gobby had a severe expression. It seems like the evolution makes them more expressive.

That aside, the number of goblins there is way bigger than the number of goblins I have, and that is a big problem. Not even their equipment can help. And as the enemy goblins are under a leader, the battle can become even more annoying.

My only options now are to either ignore them and try to find an easier prey, or try my luck. My choice is the later. Why? Well, why should I waste such a delicious meal laid in front of me.

With that said, I decided to spend the rest of the mana I had summoning goblins.

To summon a fully equipped goblin costed 30 mana, so the max I can summon now is 7 of them, increasing my troops to 12. Although Gobby can be counted as two, or even three common goblins.

With the newly acquired troops, I started to march to the camp.

It didn’t took long for the leader to notice our approach, as he started ordering the goblins around to defend the camp.

The two goblins holding staffs started mumbling something while the rest of the goblins started to prepare themselves.

Seeing that, Gobby pointed his axe in their direction and the four goblins with bows aimed and shot at them.

Two of the arrows missed their targets, barely grazing at the robes the goblins were wearing, but one of them hit a goblin at its belly, interrupting his chanting, while the other arrow hit his eye. The goblin fell to the ground. The other one, unfazed by his comrade death, finished his chanting and three fireball flew at the rushing goblins.

One of them was dodged, while one hit the frontmost goblin and other was sliced by Gobby’s axe.

Soon enough, the goblins caught up and the battle started. The fight between the goblins was really messy, so it was hard to identify on which side a goblin was.

Of course, there was the difference in equipment, but, aside from that, the only ones that looked different were Gobby and the leader goblin, since they were taller than the rest.

The other goblin with the staff couldn’t do much in such a close fight and was quickly disposed of by Gobby. After killing the mage, he went to fight the leader one on one.

The presence of the leader would make the fight even harder for the rest of the goblins, so he had to bait the leader out.

After that, with the leader out of the combat, the battle progressed smoothly. All the fighting ended with some injuries on our goblins, but not a single goblin down on our side, luckly.

The only thing left to settle was the duel happening between Gobby and the goblins leader, that dragged itself even after the end of the battle.

The rest of the goblins just watched them finish their fight. I also, since I judged that was safe to approach, was watching.

Both of them were quite tired, and Gobby’s armor was even tattered. They both stared at each other fiercely as they exchanged blows. Gobby launched heavy attacks with his axe and the other goblin warded them off with his sword before counter attacking. The range of his sword was greater than the axe that Gobby wielded, but it didn’t seemed to bother him as he pressed on the goblin leader.

They traded some more blows before the conclusion of the match. The goblin leader slowed down for a moment, and Gobby didn’t missed the chance to cleave with his axe in the opening made. The goblin leader’s left wrist was chopped off. He screamed in pain and let go of his weapon to hold the stump in his left arm. That signaled the end of the battle, as Gobby opened his head with his axe. He had a satisfied expression in his face, and even smirked to the fallen goblin corpse. Weird…

In the end, the number of goblins that were in the camp was 19. It seems we overdid a bit, but… in any case, the number of weapons acquired was a bit over it, since there were some stored weapons at one of the tents. It seems like they were planning to expand the horde soon.

In any case, I stored the corpses and devoured the weapons and equipments, except the longsword, getting a bit over 60 mana units out of it.

I was planned to gift the longsword to Gobby, but he shook his head in refusal when I offered to him. Instead, he picked up the sword and gave it to the frontmost goblin that was hit by the fireball, but still continued to fight.

We continued exploring with the small goblin troop, stumbling with some kobolds in the way. They were a bit more tricky than the goblins, but as we didn’t found any large group, the fights were easier than the one against the goblin camp. By the day’s end, we had already hunted 16 kobolds, filling our quota.

And when the sun was starting to set was when we found what I was looking for.

[It’s heeeeeeeere! It’s perfect!] (Laura)

[Hey, don’t be so noisy!] (Eris)

[B-but is here! Is here, Eris!] (Laura)

[I heard it! What is here?] (Eris)

[The perfect place!] (Laura)

I said as I made the clay golem point to a cave nearby. The cave didn’t looked special, but it actually was. At least a bit. It was the perfect place to start our dungeon for a sole reason.

[There’s a small mana vein here! It’s small, but is a mana vein! You can’t find those everywhere!] (Laura)

As a dungeon, I could faintly sense things like that. The cave in front of us wasn’t your everyday cave, but a cave over a mana vein. For a dungeon, that finding was a great one.

[So what? You want to build our dungeon here?] (Eris)

[Y-yes! It’ll probably be enough for now! Until we find a better place.] (Laura)

[Okay, lead the way.] (Eris)

We started to march with the twelve goblins towards the cave.

[Huh? Did their number increased?] (Eris)

Eris commented when she noticed their increase in number. Uh… what to do? She’ll

[Ah, that...] (Laura)

[That?] (Eris)

[Many, many things happened~] (Laura)

[What ‘many, many things’, damn?] (Eris)

I avoided the question as we neared the cave. When we got at the entrance, we noticed that the cave wasn’t unguarded. A lot of small blobs crawled in the ground. Their bodies were blue colored, but a bit translucent.

[Slimes!] (Laura)

The smiles made of this point that was connected to the mana vein their nest. They were feeding off from the mana vein and splitting to increase their numbers leisurely. Without hesitation, I ordered the goblins to hunt down the slimes.

More than a hunt, it felt like a one-sided massacre. The slimes didn’t numbered much, and were unprepared. They were at their home, so how could they expect to be attacked?

In the end, there were only 23 slimes. It seems like the nest was a young one.

For the moment, we decided to use this cave to rest for a bit and organize our plans.

I took the chance to check through the info of the goblins and noticed something new.

Goblin Apprentice Warrior
    Rank H (11/100)

Gobby’s internal mana had increases, but I didn’t poured any of my mana at him. Not only that, the other goblins also had some extra mana on them. It seems that me pouring mana on them wasn’t the only way to increase the number.

Rather, I should be considering it like a exp bar, no? The mana I put is only a helper, so this mana they gathered now was naturally due to the combats they experienced.

In any case, I don’t plan to build the dungeon right now, so I packed up things to go back to the Flying Fortress.

Of course, I also didn’t wanted to give up on that perfect spot, so I left ten of the goblins defending and took Gobby and the goblin with the longsword, that was the one with more mana, back to the Guild.
    Total loot:
    23 Goblin corpses;
    16 Kobold corpses;
    23 Slime cores;
    One almost new longsword.

Mana at the end:
    87/500

A clay golem comes to the counter and hands over the report paper.
    [I-I'm back!] (L)

@brasca123

[OOC] Welp, I can't take Gobby seriously because of that name.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    AliceShiki and shad12ow like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    =======================================
    "We-welcome back uhn..." *looks at the guild card* "Laura-san and Elis-san is it?" *cough cough* "Hikari doesn't remember seeing the both of you before... Uhn... Is Laura-san the one with the axe and Elis-san the one with the-" *cough* "Sword?

Eh? Dungeon core? Those are actually goblins that you two summoned!?" *blushes* "Su-su-sumimasen!" *cough cough* "Hi-Hikari messed up!" >.<

"We-well, let's see... There doesn't seem to be any problem, so... The reward is of 170G.

Take care now! Good luck on building-" *coughs* "Your dungeon in the future!" *waves*

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Please post the report of all quests you took at once, otherwise I'll consider the other 2 as failures.))

11. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ((okay i'll take this one down for now sorry for the trouble xD))

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]

Faisal, a completely untrained warrior who only knows how to wield a sword and has no magic enters the great plains a looks around in awe. "I've got three quests to do i'll start with killing slimes!" he exclaimed. He walked to the area that slimes are famous for appearing in, and just as expected he saw 3 luckily it looked like they hadn’t seen him yet. “Okay so i will sneak up on them and take them by surprise.” he thought to himself, and that is what he did slowly creeping up on the he killed the first one in a single hit by hitting it’s famous weak spot the core.

Soon he found himself with an issue though the other two slimes had realised he was there and were readying themselves to go on the attack. They attacked him with whip like tentacles hitting him hard on the chest, forcing him to retreat in pain, but they weren’t about to let that happen so he did the only thing he could think of he also went on the attack. He closed his eyes and sliced at the left slime with all his strength and luckily he did enough damage to it to make it retreat for a second. Unfortunately he forgot about the second slime which attacked his right arm forcing him to drop the sword. “Damn it I can’t even feel my arm how could i forget about that slime!?” he practically screamed at himself. “Well if i’m gonna die i’ll take one of you freaks with me!” He shouted as he charged at the injured slime pushing his sword into it’s core with all his might.

The remaining slime attacked the poor newbies unguarded back. “Arg!” he shouted in pain. Turning around with his spirits at an all time low he placed both hands on his sword, his vision blurry, his body battered and tired, he faced off with thee last of the deadly monsters known as the slime and just as he was ready to go on the attack the slime’s tentacle was already upon him! “No! I refuse to go down like this he took what felt like the hardest hit he’s ever felt and returned the slice with a skill that he forgot he had ; Rend and it killed the slime in one hit feeling his injuries disappear he thought to himself “why didn’t i just do that in the first place?”

And so he learned the greatness of his skills and how pathetically untrained he is vowing to train from the beginning he went back to hunting slimes slowly one at a time he killed them with much more ease slowly gaining experience over the course of a week. As he fought more his fighting style improved and by the 20th slime he was like a new person.

“Ha i must thank you slimes for opening my eyes to the truth I was and am weak but i can and will improve but i will never forget this.” he muttered after killing the last slime in a single hit. So he returned back to the town with with his fatigue high having not had a proper rest in what felt like months.
    One week after killing slime Faisal is once again in the Great Plains. He looks around, “just how i remember it this time i’ve come prepared I’m not the week person who just joined the guild i’m stronger than ever” he says as he walks towards the goblin area.

Already spotting one on it’s own he creeps up slowly not making a sound waiting for it to drop its guard and as expected it does, and when it does he runs up to it as quietly as possible, he covers the monsters mouth with one hand and slices the monster’s throat using his blade with the other hand. The monster never saw its death coming.

“Maybe i should’ve become an assassin instead of a dual wielder… nah it’s better like this” he thought uselessly to himself. While he was lost in his own thoughts he failed to notice two goblins in the distance armed with daggers approaching and fast! “For god's sake i let myself get distracted luckily I noticed them before it was too late.” he thought to himself as he readied himself for the upcoming battle. “He who attacks first wins!” he shouted as he lunged towards them stabbing both in the stomach. The goblins dropped to the floor holding their wounds they stared at their attacker hoping for mercy but there was none Faisal pulled the blades out of their stomachs and stabbed them through the eyes one after the other. ”No mercy” he said coldly as he looted their weapons

Deciding that the goblins aren’t that dangerous even if he’s fighting multiple he traveled deeper into the goblin territory. As if responding to his intrusion he encountered another two goblins but he dealt with them easily by slicing their throats. “Not even exciting” he announced but soon he would regret saying that.

Surrounded, he was surrounded by no less than five goblins but it was too late to run away so he had one option fight! He first sliced at a goblin’s chest whilst maneuvering his way around a tree so they wouldn’t be able to attack his back while he goes on the attack. “Thats my back covered now to deal with them.” he thought to himself. He noticed the first goblin coming to attack him ahead of his comrades so he stabbed it through the chest ruthlessly. “First i need to separate them it’s no good if they’re all clustered up there will be no way that i can kill them if they stay together.” he thought as he began to plan his strategy. “Actually i can use my skill on them while they are all together doing massive damage to all of them” and that is what he did while they were helping up the goblin who hit first he unleashed his strongest skill; Rend, the effects were devastating killing the injured goblin and seriously injuring the rest. “I’m sorry but it’s kill or be killed and in this case you’re the ones dying!” he said as he finished off the goblins.
    Faisal enters the Great Plains the day after killing the goblins. He sighs “this is going to be a lot harder orcs are known for their strength and brutality.” But it doesn’t matter he picked up the quest and he will fulfil it. So he walks to the worst place in the great plains that and E rank adventurer would dare to go alone... the spawning grounds of the orcs.

Keeping his guard up he sees a orc with its guard down, he tries to dispatch it in the same way he did his first goblin, but the orcs skin was much thicker than he expected and because of that he didn’t use enough strength to cut through it. The orc annoyed that such a weakling tried to kill attack it grabs Faisal’s arm and flings him against a tree. “Ahh” he instinctively groaned. Not giving up he dodges one of the orcs punches and slices at the creatures achilles tendon successfully reducing the creatures mobility, then he stabbed the creature through it’s chest and finished it off with a stab to the eye. “Huff huff that was a lot of work for just one of these things” he said still feeling pain in his back from when he was thrown against the tree.

And so he snuck up on another not daring to fight them face to face after his last fight. He slowly walked up to it as quiet as possible and slashed its throat using all his strength not making the same mistake as last time. “No way am i going to be able to fight more than of these beasts at a time even if i use rend!” he thought to himself. Faisal continued to hunt the orcs one at a time slowly and quietly not daring to make a sound in fear of attracting more than he can handle. “Finally done i can finally turn in my missions” he said as he limped back to the city.
    [I got stronger xD]
    @brasca123

Hatchy likes this.
  13. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ps. it might be a bit bad cuz it's nearly 4:30 here and i'm a bit sleepy xD

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE3|E-Ranked|Slay 10 Orcs [100 G]
    ===========================================
    "Ah, what happened to you, are you-" *cough cough* "alright? Is... Oh, the quest is completed? Seems like... Fa... Fai... Faisal-san! Had quite the hard time...

Let Hikari see it... Uhum, good thing everything went well! It's nice that Faisal-san was careful around the orcs, Hikari thinks they can be quite scary when they're directly after you.

Oh, right! The reward... It's 200G for the 3 quests well done! Keep up the-" *coughs* "good job! Stay safe out there!"
    ((It's not bad, no worries, rather, it was pretty nice seeing someone having an interesting quest when it comes to slaying slimes for once! Good job!))

15. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah miss receptionist you shouldn't be worried about me you look to be in worse condition do you need me to buy you medicine?
    *accepts the 200 gold*
    ((thnx that one i did fully awake then the second i was beginning to become sleepy then the last one...))

16. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE6|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Wandering Rabbits [50 G]

“Here I am, once again.” Faisal said as he entered the great plains for the fourth time. He returned after a one month break, during that break he trained hard after struggling so much against the orcs. To kill those orcs he had to act like a coward and kill them one by one in stealth, but now he has more confidence after working his body to the limits he’s sure he’s up for the harder E rank quests. So he heads to the deeper parts of the great plains to kill his prey, the boar warriors.

Faisal is walking around when he hears something charging at him so instinctively he dodges to the side narrowly dodging a boar warriors charge. He felt his heart skip a beat if he had been hit by that attack he could’ve lost his life, “although it’s scary i think i can use their charging skill to my advantage as long as i get him to charge into a tree the beast will be stunned and I can end it’s life pretty quickly.” he thought to himself. So he lined himself up with the beast in front of him and a tree behind him and taunted the beast by shouting “Hey you dumb beast is that the best you can do? You will never hit me!” and just as expected the beast ran at him with no thought and again Faisal sidestepped the charge. The boar warrior ran head first into the tree stunning itself and like a vulture swooping down on it’s injured prey Faisal struck stabbing rapidly with his skill flurry killing the beast.

“Easier than i thought” Faisal muttered under his breath and carried on looking for more prey and that is what he found. He found a boar warrior sitting next to a campfire roasting some kind of meat so Faisal did what he does best, he snuck up on the beast and slashed its throat killing it swiftly. “Just like the orcs neck these beasts are build with thick skin and muscles it seems” he said to himself. “Now if there's a campfire that means there's more of them near by so he climbed a tree that is near the camp so they don’t see and he can see them from further distances.

Just as expected more of them came a group of three monsters, Faisal wasting no time jumped from the tree onto one of the boar warriors stabbing down splitting the boar warrior’s skull. Stunned the other monster couldn’t react in a matter of seconds a human fell from a tree landing on their friend and killing him. Before they could do anything Faisal attacked again unleashing his strongest move; Rend heavily injuring the two stunned enemies from there it was a piece of cake finishing them off. “I’ve come a long way from getting beaten by slimes but i have a long way to go.” he said to himself before leaving what’s left of the boar warriors.
    Faisal once again in the great plains but this time something is different he is completely relaxed. “Today i’m hunting rabbits what can go wrong?” he said to himself as he breathed in the fresh air of the Great Plains.”mm just love that fresh air” he sighed “oh well time to get to work!”

So faisal went to the rabbit hunting ground to hunt 20 rabbits and while looking he finds that he can’t find any for the life of him so he goes and looks around with no luck. With all seeming hopeless he remembers what his friend told him “don’t be afraid to ask people for help when needed.”

So Faisal went around asking fellow adventurers and hunter if they have seen any rabbits most replied “no” or “why should i tell you?” but one hunter kindly told him “recently they have retreated out of their normal territory because of how much they’ve been hunted” Faisal was sure to thank the kind hunter and went on his way.

Hunting rabbits was supposed to be the easy part but they were so agile that Faisal was struggling to so much as hit the overgrown fluff balls. Getting more and more frustrated he started swinging wildly which got him nowhere what so ever so after about half an hour of missing most his hits he calmed down and started paying attention to where they were going and coming from and soon he found their burrows and killed them as they came out. “Harder than i thought but i got it done”
    Faisal is here once more in the great plains this time he is here to hunt kobolds 15 of them in fact but he is confident mainly because of how easily it was to kill the rabbits in the end. He has had a day's break and now it is time to get back to work. “Time to kill some kobolds.” he says to himself as he goes deeper into the great plains ready to fight them.

Straight away he is ambushed by 5 kobolds “sneaky little pest aren’t you.” Faisal say as he draws his weapon. He slices through them like a hot knife through butter dancing a dance of death chopping their limbs off as if they’re nothing. “You guys are too weak compared to the orcs and the boar warriors!” he shouted as he finished massacring them.

Out of breath from killing the group of kobolds he sits down to rest but before he can even move more of them are upon him “you just don’t give up do you?!” he shouted and went on the attack again this time rather than slashing their limbs off in a brutish way he aimed for their vitals, stab to the heart, slashing the neck, stab to the forehead, stab in the eye and finally a good old fashioned decapitation.

And again as he was about to rest more appeared Faisal getting quite scared now because even though he can kill them easily he’s getting tired and if they keep coming inevitably he will die. So Faisal fled and what looked to be 10 kobolds chased right after him so he turned around and used his rend but in his panic he missed his attack. Now even more exhausted he realises he can keep running and he doesn’t have enough energy to even uses his skills, so he stands his ground and attacks the incoming wave of kobolds.

Kobold after kobold attacked him in his exhausted state he couldn't continuously dodge so he took injuries. They slashed his right arm, broke 3 of his ribs, yet he continued to fight them. Slowly attacking only when the opportunity presents itself he killed slicing only their vitals but even still his vision was blurry and he could barely move and their was still seven kobolds left. So he did the dumbest thing anyone in his situation could do, he got angry not at them, but at himself for letting it come to this and in his blind rage he sliced at them killing another 3 before collapsing on the spot at the mercy of the kobolds.

Luckily his missed rend from earlier had weakened a tree and now after some time had passed the tree collapsed scaring away the kobolds. And so in an extremely undignified manner Faisal crawled into a cave not caring about pride or anything else he collapsed there and then. Only to wake up the next day still incredibly injured but with enough strength to get to the city
    @brasca123
    [I got heavily injured but i made it back alive... barely alive]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Hatchy likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Great Plain|#SE4|E-Ranked|Slay 5 Boar Warriors. [70 G]
    Great Plain|#SE6|E-Ranked|Slay 20 Wandering Rabbits [50 G]
    ============================================
    "We-we-welcome back uhn..." *checks his card* "Faisal-san! What happened to Faisal-san!? Hikari will be-" *cough cough cough* "worried if Faisal-san comes back like that!

Let Hikari see... Please be more careful next time! Hikari doesn't think it's good to lower your guard just because there are no more-" *coughs* "visible enemies!

At least Faisal-san was able to come back alive... The reward will be of 190G, please take care!" >.<

((Oh and... Just some small nitpick here and there...))
    ((Slight mistake here, they're boar warriors, not orcs... >.>

What you meant was obvious though, so it's not like it's a problem! \(^^)/))
    ((I think the kobolds didn't learn how to make planes yet... xD))

18. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ((thanks for the review it helps xD
    i will edit it now :) ))

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    North Mountain|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 1 Cloud Giant [300 G]
    North Mountain|#SB2|B-Ranked|Slay 1 Fire Bird [300 G]
    Delta Town|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 1 Lesser Kraken [300 G]

With @Balthazzar

It was no small shock when I found out that Hikari had lost her memories. We weren’t super close but we were friends at the very least. Being the victim of amnesia was something I was quite familiar with so I decided to do the only thing that made some sense at the very least. That course of action was to drag her along on a quest. With that in mind, I walked up to the receptionist who was working at the moment and applied for the first couple ones that caught my eye.

Filing as a party quest with Hikari, I obviously had to play it off like I had gotten permission and everything. After getting the papers, I went across the guild trying to look for the teenager. It didn’t take me long to find her and when I did, the next part wasn’t as annoying as I’d thought it would be.

Calmly walking up to her from behind, I patted her head which startled her momentarily. She turned around with a childlike curiosity that I remember having after I was casted out of heaven. “Let’s go, we have some quests to do.” A frown that I had expected made its way upon her face and before she opened her mouth to say anything shushed her.

Looking wronged she was about to speak again before I roughly flicked her on the head and when I shushed her once more. Showing her the papers for the quest I saw she was about to say something once more before I cut her off. “Come on lets go.”

Hikari was on the receptionist desk relaxing a bit when she suddenly felt a pat on her head, turning around she saw... Who was he? Hikari doesn't remember... As Hikari was about to ask he said

“Let’s go, we have some quests to do.”

Eh!? But Hikari didn't get any quests!? Hikari was about to answer that when his hand suddenly stopped Hikari from talking! Kyaa!? Help! What is he doing!?

“Come on lets go.”

Go where!? What is-

"Whe-whe-where is Hikari!? What's that about getting quests!? Who are-" *cough cough* "you in the first place!? Wha-wha-what are you going to do to Hikari...?"

The surroundings were all mountainous, Hikari couldn't see the guild anymore, it's scary! Hikari doesn't know what's happening!

Taking advantage of her confusion, I teleported us here but her flustered appearance nearly had me in tears. Refraining from laughing genuinely, I pushed a mad cackle out of my throat and stared at her with madness in my eyes. “YOU’RE ALL MINE NOW CHILD! YOUR FLESH WILL TASTE IMPECCABLE!”

Seeing her following expression I couldn’t stop but laughing genuinely before I returned back to my normal voice. Figuring that the best thing to do was to explain the situation, I did so. “Sorry Hikari but I had the chance to do that and I took it. I’m Balthazar, a former friend of your only returning from someplace a couple days ago.” Her expression softened slightly and thus I continued onwards.

“I heard of your situation so I decided to drag you out here for a quest.”
    The precaution on her face hadn’t left but that was to be expected and I started to slightly regret scaring her. I could see that she didn't fully believe me so my next line was meant to get her to follow no matter how naive she is. “Well in any case, you probably don’t know your way back so you’re stuck with me for now. Come on, we got bounties to turn in.”

After a couple seconds, her hesitation died down enough to where she started to follow me and I couldn’t help but marvel at her naivety. “After today, don’t just follow some random person who abducted you alright?” I raised my eyebrow at her as I continued walking and waiter for her response.

I could see that she started contemplating leaving right now, but ultimately decided not to do so.

Kyaaaaah!? What should Hikari do?! Hikari doesn't have the time to ask for the help of any god and-

Eh? A former friend... Is he someone from the guild...? Hikari thinks it would explain the quests, but... Why would he teleport Hikari instead of just talking to her then...?

“Well in any case, you probably don’t know your way back so you’re stuck with me for now. Come on, we got bounties to turn in.”

Eh? Ah, but should Hikari then... Uhn... Maybe Hikari should follow him... Hmmm... Okay, let's do that!

“After today, don’t just follow some random person who abducted you alright?”

Hikari could feel her cheeks reddening, maybe Hikari should just ask Yukari-sama to bring Hikari back...? No, but there should be a reason that he... What was the name? Hikari was too flustered to get it... But it would feel weird to ask it again after just hearing it...

"Uhn... Hi... Hikari apologizes, she'll be more careful in the future!" *bows*

"So ah... Eto... Bal... Baltha... Bal-san? Uhn... Where are we going and what do-" *cough cough* "we need to do?"

Hikari thought about asking why she was needed, but she figured Bal... Bal-san would probably answer it anyway.
    "Well, first, call me Baldy as it's my more widely known nickname in the guild no matter how false the statement is." I thought it might've been possible that the nickname she came up with might present dome familiarity but I couldn't tell from the look on her face. "Second, we need to take out a cloud giant, a fire bird, and a lesser kraken. None of which would be much of a problem."

Completely ommiting why I took her and where we are going, I snapped my fingers and the wind swirled around us suddenly before it calmed down almost instantly. Following this, I tapped the ground which resulted in a small rumble before everything went back to normal. Now that I was done, I simply sat down and kicked back.

"U-Um, Baldy-San?" The meek voice interrupted the serene atmosphere and I turned towards the source. "Yes?"

"What exactly are we wai-" *cough* *cough* "Wating for? Shouldn't we start goin now?"

Understanding her curiosity, I sat up and started to explain. "Using my control over wind and earth, I sent both out to search for either the fire bird, or the cloud giant. I will be doing the same for the kraken when the time comes mind you." Seeing her seemingl accept my explanation, I decided to continue just a little further before stopping. "I haven't had much chances to practice my new abilities so doing so while on a quest just makes it easier."

After sitting in a puddle of silence for the next couple of minutes, a shine came back to my eyes as a cloud giant was found by my wind recon. "Lets go girl, it's time to get one of the bounties."

Eh? Baldy-san won't explain why he took Hikari? Isn't that common courtesy though!?
    ... Maybe it isn't, Hikari never had the time to learn common courtesy when you kidnap people... Though Hikari wonders if this even exists in the first place...

Baldy-san made some strange wind and then sat down... Weren't we supposed to be on a quest though?

After he explained, Hikari grew silent... Baldy-san is just trying to test his abilities...? Then... Why would Hikari... Oh! Maybe Baldy-san wanted to have some assurance in case things went wrong? Since he is still testing them after all!

Hikari isn't sure on what she can do to help though...

"Lets go girl, it's time to get one of the bounties."

Eh? Already!? But Hikari didn't have the time to-
    No, Hikari should stay strong, Baldy-san is probably trusting on Hikari, so Hikari shouldn't hesitate!

"Alright! Lead the way Baldy-san!"

Somehow Hikari could even avoid coughing this time! Yosh! Hikari will do her best!
    Seeing her pumped up with vigor, I wondered if she was misunderstanding something but it might be for the best. However that naivety would have to go soon, but exactly how I was going to do that wasn't something that came to mind. Deciding to ignore it for a little while, I thought of our destination. I could have simply teleported there but if I did that, we would have to wait for the earth recon to find a fire bird so I took it one step at a time.

After about 30 minutes of walking I remembered that although she was quite strong in her own right, Hikari did have the stamina of a 14 year old guman so I turned around to notice a slightly perturbed expression on her face. "Need a break?"

At my question, clarity appeared in her eyes and she looked at me with a naive expression filled with some form of excitement. "No Baldy-san! I've got this!" Shaking my head with a wry smile, I continued on but after walking for another half hour, I frowned and wondered what was taking so long(MUST REFRAIN FROM DERAILING THE QUEST). It seemed that my answer came to me as the recon became successful suddenly.

Unlike last time, I made a portal instead of teleporting us. It was far more difficult to do then teleportation, but it did come with far more benefits. "Follow me." Casting those words out, I looked back and a slightly pained expression was on Hikari's face and I noticed she started trying to alleviate the pressure on her feet.

Sighing, I took a deep breath and spoke. "Stand still." Curiosity showed on her face as I walked towards her and cut my finger, the blood dripping little by little. Upon her forehead, I wrote a little incantation and disregarded her discomfort. My blood seemed to be absorbed into her forehead and some relief was seen on her face.

"You should now be imbued with a fraction of my physical state, increasing basically all of your physical attributes. It won't last long and once the time is up, my blood will naturally disipate into mana so you don't have to worry about it."

Turning back to the portal I made, I was about to step in before I stopped and looked at the girl who had a newfound temporary strength. "You may want to get used to it before we go into battle."

Baldy-san went on walking, Wasn't Baldy-san able to teleport though?
    Maybe he wanted to save on energy? In this case Hikari shouldn't get in the way and do her best to keep up!

After about half an hour, Baldy-san asked if Hikari was alright, it was somewhat harder to walk on the mountains than it was on the forest, but Hikari will handle it!

After another half hour, Hikari was feeling really tired... Why was it so much harder to... Walk on... Mountains... Than.. On... Plains...

Baldy-san seemed to notice and made something on Hikari's forehead with his blood. Hikari was a bit scared at the sudden thing, but didn't stop Baldy-san. Hikari felt a lot better that was done though. It seems like Baldy-san gave Hikari a fraction of his physical power.

"You may want to get used to it before we go into battle."

Baldy-san seemed really worried for Hikari... Hikari was quite thankful for it, but...

"Hikari won't really fight directly against the opponents though?" *coughs* "Hikari thinks she'll be fine like this. More importantly, isn't it rough on Baldy-san to maintain the portal like this?"

Hikari was happy to receive Baldy-san's kindness, but she shouldn't be a burden to him as well... Hikari will try her best to help!
    Thinking that it'd be pretty bad if she ran off a cliff while trying to dodge because she wasn't used to her strength, I warned her but it seems the misunderstandings wouldn't stop piling and I sighed internally. Well worst somes to worst and I'll just stand in front of her the entire time. Stepping through the portal, I told the girl to stay back before I continued a little further.

The giant wasn't very hard to spot and I teleported behind it before drawing a rune upon its neck. Its movements stopped rigidly and I sighed, the effectiveness of my seals were lowered this way but I suppose it's better than having Hikari jump off a cliff because I helped her. Standing on the back of this 'formidable foe'', I drew a rune intot he body of this giant.

It was a space rune and as soon as it came to form, the cloud giant silently started to tremble before it shrunk, as if space was compressing around its body. Soon a small cube fit in my hand, you wouldn't be able to tell, but this white cube is the cloud giant. Grasping it in my hand, I crushed it and it split into pieces ending its existance almost immediately.

Moving back to Hikari, I watched as she sat and acted like nothing happened and I opened another portal, this time to the fire bird. "Next." A puzzled look came on her face and she looked up at me.

"Doesn't Baldy-san have to fight it?"

"I already did."

She looked puzzled but I simply moved on and pointed her in the direction of the portal. "So?"

Baldy-san stepped through the portal and asked Hikari to stay back, then he suddenly disappeared and... Ano... Why is Baldy-san shrinking a cloud...?

A few seconds later Baldy-san was back...

"Next."

What? But what about the giant... Eh? Already did? But Hikari didn't see... The cloud? But... If Baldy-san had it this easily... Why was Hikari...?

"So?"

Maybe it would be better if Hikari didn't think too much about it? Right! Let's do that, onwards to the next one!

"Hai hai! Lead the way Baldy-san! Hikari will be-" *cough cough* "Right behind Baldy-san!"

Stepping through the portal, we were no longer surrounded by clouds. Our surroundings were empty, the only things that stood out were the heat and the large nest made out of materials that could mostly be found around our surroundings.

"Same plan here Hikari."

"Got it Baldy-san!"

Thinking that things would go as smoothly as before, I left Hikari behind and took step after step, slowly making my way towards the nest. I couldn't see what was in it, but I did realise that it was most likely inside the nest. So I traversed the ground quietly with very little haste.

It didn't take very long for me to reach the nest and I was momentarily stunned when I didn't see the firebird inside. There were eggs, but there wasn't a full grown fire bird from what I could see. Hearing the cry of a bird behind me followed by the shout of a young girl, I hissed in annoyance before turning to see Hikari being targeted by a fire bird. It would reach her in moments and I knew I wouldn't be able to reach her though conventional means.
    After going through the portal, Baldy-san started going after the nest... Baldy-san said he would use the same plan as before... Does this mean he'll kill the enemy alone again? Seems like a weird strategy to work as a group, but Hikari shouldn't have any reason to go against it... Baldy-san does seems capable of doing it...

Hikari wondered what she should do while waiting until... What's that...? It is coming closer...

*shriek noise* "Kyaaah!!"

What should Hikari do? Hikari doesn't have the time to chant and Baldy-san is too far away. Hikari is scared!

The firebird didn't wait and was almost at Hikari though. Hikari jumped away to try and avoid it... Please don't let it hurt Hikari too much...

... Eh? Why is Hikari...

"Waaaaaaa!? Why is Hikari flying!?!?!?"

Hikari was really high in the air and moving up, but... But Hikari didn't do anything, why was Hikari... Eh? Is Hikari losing speed?

... Hikari is falling! Why is Hikari falling now...

Ah! Baldy-san did say that Hikari receive a bit of Baldy-san's physical power... Why didn't Baldy-san tell Hikari she could jump over 50m of height with it though!?

Ah, Hikari is still falling though, what should Hikari do...? Hikari already lost sight of the firebird, so Hikari doesn't even know if it's dead already...

Hikari doesn't even have time to chant... Again... Then...

"Baldy-san! Please-" *coughs* "help Hikari!!!!!!!!!"

As soon as I saw the danger at hand, I teleported instantaneously and stopped the fire birds charge with my hand before slamming it into the ground. I used just enough force to kill it, but it wasn't overboard. It was a clean death for the most part, as long as I didn't look at its face. Looking behind me, I noticed Hikari was gone and was momentarily confused. In the span of less than a second, she had disaapeared.

That was before I heard her screams and I looked up. She was sailing through the sky and I mentally facepalmed. I should've made her get used to it before we actually came here. Too annoyed to exert effort, I simply waved my hand after accumulating enough wind and Hikari slowly started floating down before she landed safely on the floor.

She was panting through a coughing fit and I watched silently on the side. After it seemed to calm down, I looked at the girl with a small degree of guilt and spoke. "You all right? You seem a little shaken up."

Looking at me like I was some kind of fiend, she didn't speak a word and I just stood off to the side not knowing how to deal with the situation. I never dealt with kids before so I guess my hindered reaction was passable.

"I'll take that as a no."

Opening a portal to Delta Town I pointed Hikari to the opening in space but she refused to budge. Not one to deal with too much bull, I just grabbed her and dragged her through. Now ignoring her protests, we landed next to the sea, in which was our final target. Whisking my hand through the water, a small hum and a blue light shone through the murky blue depths and I sat back and waited.
    As Hikari fell, she felt a gentle wind embracing her and slowly helping Hikari descent into the ground... The sudden magic around Hikari seemed to hurt though- *cough cough cough* stop.. *cough cough cough* It hurts...

Haa... Haa... *cough cough* Hikari is... Why...? It doesn't seem to be- *cough cough* harmful magic...

"You all right? You seem a little shaken up."

Hikari looked at Baldy-san and tried to answer, but no voice came out, Hikari just looked at him while standing in place... Hikari wonders what kind of face she was making...

"I'll take that as a no."

Baldy-san opened a portal, he seemed to want Hikari to go through it, but Hikari couldn't move her feet... Baldy-san ended up just grabbing Hikari and dragged her to the sea... Somehow crossing the portal made Hikari's body a bit at ease... Hikari wonders what happened this time...

Hikari was about to say something to Baldy-san, but he simply walked to the water and made a small light at it, then Baldy-san sat and seemed to wait.

Hmmmm... What to do... Baldy-san seemed to have gotten a bad impression of Hikari... Oh, right! Hikari should help him out on the last one to thank Baldy-san for saving Hikari!

While staying a bit behind Baldy-san's waiting spot Hikari started to make a small dance in place and whispered.

"Oh goddess of the sun, answer Hikari's plea. Please grant Hikari a-" *cough cough* "nice help and bring a big boom towards the first kraken that gets near Hikari! Just enough to make-" *cough cough* "the kraken a toasted squid though! No need for a dried lake! Could Okuu-sama grant Hikari's wish? Pretty pretty please!?"

I could hear Hikari mumble something in the background but I figured it wasn't of any major importance. Feeling like Hiakri was still upset, I wasn't too keen on conversing with her at that moment and it didn't seem like she was either.

Thankfully, lesser krakens weren't too rare and my elemental quickly found one and was leading one back. I could see it moving in the water, rapidly chasing after that small little blue light, but as soon as it hit the surface it disappeared. Not noticing that its prey disappeared, the kraken rushed up to the top of sea and as I was about to get ready to jump it, a small sense of danger numbed my skull slightly.

Rigidly halting my movements, I watched the kraken as a large beam of sunlight came crashing through the clouds without any warning and roasted the kraken alive. With a cold sweat, I wondered what would have happened to me if I was the target of that blast, I would've survived but I wouldn't have been very pretty afterwards.

Hearing a thump on the floor behind me, I turned around to see Hikari collapsed on the flor and I exhaled from shock. Lifting her body up, I checked her pulse and I noticed her body seemed to be in an agitated state. Sighing, I teleported us back to the guild and delivered her to our resident doctor.
    In about the same moment Hikari finished her chant, the kraken came out of the sea, Baldy-san was about to jump at it though, so Hikari was about to shout for him to stop... Baldy-san stopped his movements though, so Hikari didn't need to.

The beam of light came from the skies, it was smaller than when Hikari used it on the plains... Which Hikari was quite thankful for, Hikari wouldn't want to see that kind of thing again...

As the beam came, so did Hikari's Holy Energy leave her body... With each bit that left it though, the pain of Hikari's body increased as well... Why? Hikari doesn't understand...

The beam disappeared and the pain on Hikari's legs was too big for Hikari to stay on her feet, so Hikari fell on the ground. Baldy-san suddenly got near Hikari and seemed to be a bit relieved after holding Hikari... Baldy-san ended up teleporting us to the guild in a place with a doctor... But Hikari can't be helped by a doctor...

Ah, thank words, Hikari needs to give those...

"Baldy-san... Thanks for-" *cough cough cough* "Saving Hikari from-" *cough cough* "the fall...

Hikari hopes she could help-"
    *cough cough* "a bit with the kraken..."

Somehow, the pain that flooded Hikari's body was slowly going back to the normal amount... It seemed like the loss of Holy Energy made Hikari's condition worse? Seems like Hikari will have to be more careful with this in the future then...

Hikari tried staying on her feet, she was a bit wobbly, but things would work out somehow...

"Hikari is fine now... Somewhat at least-" *cough cough* "could Baldy-san take us to the receptionist desk? The doctor won't be able to help-" *cough cough cough* "Hikari anyway..."

Hikari couldn't really read Baldy-san's expression, but he simply nodded and opened a portal to the desk. Hikari went in while still walking with unsteady feet and Baldy-san went in a bit after...

@shad12ow

BlancFrost and shad12ow like this.
  20. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    North Mountain|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 1 Cloud Giant [300 G]
    North Mountain|#SB2|B-Ranked|Slay 1 Fire Bird [300 G]
    Delta Town|#SB1|B-Ranked|Slay 1 Lesser Kraken [300 G]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Welcome back....I see that Balthy never changed. Sheesh....Next time, do tell the girl properly, will you? Well, anyhow~ Let's see the report....Oh, good, good. Cloud Giant, Fire Bird, and Lesser Kraken all done magnificently. Good~! Here's your reward, 900 G. Good job and take care now~!"

AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.