LCD Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Feb 21, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll start an Adventurer's Guild? It would be more convenient for quest givers and quest takers and it would create a strong, visible power base for him that could hide the Buda Clan's activities. The biggest problem would be deciding who to have run it publicly. His two strongest retainers couldn't do it because they'd be recognized, Meg is too young for people to respect her and doesn't really have any experience running something like that anyway and putting his black mage persona in charge would make him a target.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be seriously worried that high level undead would be harder to convert. Even if it only took a few minutes longer, that would be more than enough time for them to wreak havoc amongst his people. There's no telling how many would die, but 90%+ fatality rates would be totally reasonable if his most powerful vassals weren't able to restrain them. And honestly, I'd be pretty surprised if they could.

On the plus side, once he's converted one, it should be much much easier to find (if they aren't together) and convert the others.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Six down, two to go. I wonder if the other two will run? Also wondering what the people on in the caravan think they just saw.

4. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    A black mage doing some strange magic they can't understand? Like all magic from black mages in the setting? Since he is going around with a level eight warrior and mage as servants, people probably think of him as a high leveled black mage, around level eight or nine. As black mages are discrete and only get famous when doing bad things, and he is helping people, they will think that he is one rare good black mages that maintain his distance from people and is not famous even being so powerfull...

5. SaberWolf

SaberWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That, or (the larger probability) that he is the cold researcher type, more interested in the study of Dark Magic than it's application. After all, Zhao most likely won't be generous enough to help people left or right; it'll ruin the whole black-mages-are-evil-stay-away image (which is the whole point of the disguise). A researcher would also:

(a) Set up a lab as far away from 'distractions', and as close to the point of study as possible (Read: Poisonous Undead.)
    (b) Feel greatly threatened by anything that would waste their time / ruin, expose their research or generally, anything that proves to be a great nuisance. [In this case armies storming > Defeat undead mages + probable benefits in specimens].

I fact, the fact that Black Mage Zhao doesn't speak actually plays up to that image. Not willing to waste energy in any needless actions. ;-)

6. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?
    Alien is evolving!

7. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF!? Taylor Swift? A buffed Taylor Swift? I can't imagine how that would be. XD

8. Starvenus

Starvenus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol this world is quite accomodating, giving Zhao's dream girl, Taylor Swift.
    Also 'don't be fool Laura, he's using febreeze!'

AkeShiro likes this.
  9. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh I mean seriously getting worried where this story is heading too. Its farm fantasy not some magic action fantasy! Lol

10. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, 10 chapters released?! That was a surprise!

11. Starvenus

Reading List:
    Link
    I just thought of something. If he can procure water of nothingness and toss it to his space, will the AI find an antidote for it? Cause it will be registered as toxin.

AkeShiro, Gadget, neogamer and 2 others like this.
  12. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I never even thought of that. .. but it still seems unlikely because if he can fix this problem then that would take the main point of this story away.... which is him being weak as hell and only had this weapon to fight back

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I seriously doubt that something that dangerous is easy to obtain. Its likely not possible for anyone but the emperor and his puppeteers. Of course, even if he did get it, it may not actually be a toxin or it might not have an antidote. And even if it was a toxin and there was an antidote, by the time he had enough power to actually get the water, the story would likely be almost over.

AkeShiro likes this.
  14. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    Also If he did get cured he might in reality be a very poor at cultivating like little to no talent. If he did the story is dropped for me at least

15. Starvenus

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't this the first time the AI took initiate itself to do something outside the space? Usually has to be initiated by zhao (putting stuff in the farm or asking).

16. Bell

Bell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well the radar works 10(20?) Meters outside of him so im assuming the space can work within that area

17. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he actually need the water though?

When he created an antidote for the poisoned water, he did not collect the actual poison, just the water in which there was poison.

So, seeing that he drank the poison, it shouldn't be impossible for the farm to make an antidote using his blood. I always thought he'd be cured at some point when his farm level is fairly high.

AkeShiro likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Having the poisoned water is the same as having the poison. Its just heavily diluted.

As for getting the Water of Nothingness from his blood: it really just depends on how it works. If it just does its thing and then leaves the body normally after permanently altering it, then there wouldn't be anything in his blood to analyze. Same thing if its purely magical and alters his soul in some way. Its also possible that it just can't fix that particular problem.

Though, honestly, I expect him to find a work around of some kind if not an outright cure shortly before the series ends. No point in building his empire if the only kids he can give his harem are weaklings that could never hold the throne.

AkeShiro likes this.
  19. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I found some spoilers a few minutes ago lol. @Slimikyi .....your spoilers broke my heart.

Slimikyi likes this.
  20. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers always break the heart when it comes to series you enjoy.