Recommendations RoyalRoadl overrated novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MiP, Jun 29, 2017.

1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok now I am not.

2. Alpcake

Alpcake Sleepless Pillow

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that tgs is pretty good amd warrants it's popularity

3. paradigmfriday

paradigmfriday Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I feel so let down?! I hadn't even decided whether I want to read it! T_T

4. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    re:hamster .... it feels that it's not as overrated as it should be , beause it should be super duper mega damn overrated and known by everyone .

now stop be here and read that overrated by myself novel

5. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Try The New World. It's inspired by Ghosthound but didn't fall for some of the problems Ghosthound did. He didn't split his build to be some cringey mage-warrior, and he doesn't have that chick who exists for the sole purpose of negging the MC. Also the skills and stats have actual math behind them so the strength of the MC isn't just whatever the author decides it should be. It has it's own problems but w/e I like it.

On topic, The Gam3 was hot garbage. Some nerd loser with no backbone who gets bossed around by what's supposed to be his own AI, though the master-servant relationship seems swapped. That's basically the entire story. You could replace every scene where a decision needs to be made or a fight occurs with "MC did what the AI told him to because he can't think for himself." and "MC relied on the AI to fight because he personally has no talents or skills." and nothing of value would be lost.

sapassde likes this.
  6. prav92

prav92 ZeusKing

Reading List:
    Link
    So .. minions are not females ?? ... Too much sex content is a bit off-putting .. but I was recommended to read it
    Plot holes are fine ... Most novels have them ... They seldom affect me. So .. I guess I'll give it a try
    Well .. I wanted to be sure ... I once read a high rated novel on Royalroad called"Age of Heroes" ... BIG mistake ... The NTR content in it was revolting ... ( MC's wife has an affair with his best friend even when she is pregnant with MC's child ... And MC is aware of this)
    Overrated novel - Age of heroes by keikokumai

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    sapassde likes this.
  7. tekkage

tekkage Childish Boomer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry if i sounded bitchy I just got bit defencive.

8. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no. His minions are female. All of them

9. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    Savage Divinity ... The pace if f*cking slow ( there's lot of words every chapters , but it's just that the author know how to write very well , doesn't mean there is content inside though, lot of useless person pov , most of the time the useless person isn't even related to the MC.
    There's also some foreshadowing of ntr (1 body 2soul) , and the author hide his lack of original worldbuilding by making the MC a clueless idiot (he's reincanarted yeah but he still spent more than half his life with the strongest teachers in the region ) and the cultivation system isn't explained and when it happen it's explained why it wasn't explained before by " Yoh everyone has his own feelings about cultivation" like some hippy cult.

The Vespidian
    It's depicted as a dark world , with secret organizations , mutants , a MC that's ugly as f*ck because of mutations (half human bee) , harsh training and all.
    Then 10 chapters later it's all about getting laid and female pheromones and the size of the guy d*ck and his abs or f*cking her other personnality in her own mind (I'm not even joking, there's tentacles and stuff )

The Zombie Knight Saga by George M. Frost
    It start well , he was immortal but that was it , then he unlocked some powers but it was still okay and it necessited training and all.
    But then the author depicted that the powers were shonen-like basically , the MC only need to be in trouble/be pissed off like in shonen to gain a massive power-up (like he's basically a metal bender , he spent like 2 months training to produce metal dust at will , and then someone killed his family member and now he can form 20meters metal pillars at will (?)
    It's a shonen plot armor , and I don't like the writting either.

10. Conviter

Conviter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is the only thread were i would recommend the "everything by andur" that is being recommended in every thread about rrl novels.
    After his first or second novel it just gets boring, i admit his writing is good but its just all the same with the same boring chars and boring plots.

sapassde likes this.
  11. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    comrade

12. My Pen is Mightier Than Swords

My Pen is Mightier Than Swords ["Questioning the firmament"]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the novel itself, without all the NTR and sex and other stuff isn't that bad itself. The author, in the first part of the novel, is really good at misdirection and there are some surprises here and there. But no one, mostly me, wants to read about how the MCs minion are having an orgy party so I dropped it.

sapassde and prav92 like this.
  13. nos4r2

nos4r2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody Loves Large Chests First few chapter it really interesting but after mc start summon the slut demon it going downhill for me too much pointless sex scene too the slut demon that he summon are just fuck with almost every adventurer she come across after that i just drop it i don't see the point reading this anymore i feel like it lost it charm already, early really got me hook it since it somewhat surprised but end with disappointed

14. Ninth Mountain

Ninth Mountain Bezgranichnyy

Reading List:
    Link
    It was okay at first. Then after the whole city blowing up thing, it becomes a traveling orgy. If you are a pre-teen lil boi who likes jerking off to everything, it should be a decent read.

prav92 likes this.
  15. Ninth Mountain

Reading List:
    Link
    sapassde likes this.
  16. prav92

prav92 ZeusKing

Reading List:
    Link
    Get past first chapter or two ... they felt a bit boring and dragging for me .. but I stayed and read .. and am glad that I did
    Once he gets transported to another world the story picks up ...

17. Ninth Mountain

Reading List:
    Link
    I would read it further but there's also another thing that really kills my drive to read it. The formatting is ugly as hell. It's so messy to my eyes. Is there any edited version of it?

18. Daoist Deux

Daoist Deux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spectral is really hyped for nothing. It started really good with prologue then it went down the gutter

19. prav92

prav92 ZeusKing

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is an epub version online ....
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/7yib717k9xb9knn/

20. Ninth Mountain

Reading List:
    Link