Spoiler The Path of the Cannon Fodder's Counterattack

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 12, 2017.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it ever told why MQ poisoned MC? Or is it simply because he has served his purpose so she just got rid of him?

alexfilia likes this.
  2. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. Because even after everything (before the poisoning) how there were other men attracted to her, he was still devoted to her so I doubt he did anything to 'offend' her. MQ thought she was going to finally become empress cause she thought the emperor took notice of her after all of the scheming so she probably thought she didn't need him anymore but of course not long after the MCs death, she died too.

3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :LOL::LOL::LOL: I'll be looking forward to that in the translation

4. Matthew9999

Matthew9999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was revealed later on that the Emporer only liked MQ because he was interested in LX. When he found out that she poisoned him, he put her to death. After that, she takes over the body of the currently dead MQ but she still ends up dying again and having her body burned to prevent her from coming back to life.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Peachiii, Nokita, Gav and 2 others like this.
  5. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you might of gotten the names backwards.. LX is the MC while MQ was the woman poisoned him.

6. Matthew9999

Matthew9999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whoops, fixed, thnaks

7. caffeinefocus

caffeinefocus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the raws using google translate and syntranet... Man, it was hard!! So for those who read raws by MTL and share the spoilers-- Thank you so much!

My head hurt afterwards :cry: But it was soo good!!! I had no regrets.

Plot-relevant details were already shared but my favorite suitor for Ling Xiao was actually Lan Wei. The emperor seems like a jerk to me and has a load of trust issues, which is pretty understandable considering his history. But Lan Wei
    his "like/love" for the MC was pure (I think) and didn't really obsess over him like the prince Fu Yujun (?) from another country. He gave MC advice, esp in thse intances when the emperor was testing him. LW even sneaks in a few times in MC's room when MC was put on house arrest by the emperor.
    That prince, on the other hand, obsessed over the identity of the silhouette dancer (the MC) and he obsessed even more when he found out that it was Ling Xiao. He even wanted to marry him in three days after he found out, promising LX that he'll be the only one in his life. I admit that actually made my heart go dokidoki, LX was the same, he admitted it in his thoughts. But then he already has some confused feelings for the emperor at that time (also, the emperor has just given him a hand job the night before, lol ) so he really doesn't want to. He still hesitantly agreed to olay along though for some reason.
    Fu Yujun was quite pitiful afterwards, though, when he met the MC again in the palace, cause the MC was already beyond his reach...

Tbh, I don't like the emperor that much.

Peachiii, MikotoP, Ease and 3 others like this.
  8. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I fucking tled 3 chapters in 5 hours yesterday in the middle of finals because I didn't want to write my essay...
    =-= So amazed at myself... I cleared the cliffs hahahahaaaaaa, Ling Xiao Sick chapters!

alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  9. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the emperor came back to his old life too?....what was MQ reaction when she found out he works for the emperor instead of her now? (did she try to take advantage of him again?) ...also what happens to the head eunich?

10. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Last question shall be answered in the next three chapters~
    And I had to change some terms... like Head Eunuch was wrong... it was partially his name T-T So I changed it to Steward Xu. Show girls, I changed it back to Xiu Girls.... because damn it, no matter what it sounds wrong in english :mad:
    MQ threaten to expose him to get him to work for her... he sorta 'helped' (in getting her becoming a laughing stock)
    Emperor never came back to his old life

Ease, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats* *gives cookies*

How did she become a laughing stock? :D
    Did the mc take that eunich's place?

Do we get any point of views of their previous life? ...like how did the mc enterned the emperor's eyes

I really dont get the old MQ....she killed him for no reason and is useless so why exacly does she want revenge again? o_O (he never did anything to harm her orz) was she jealous the old emperor liked him?

Ease and kiara8 like this.
  12. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Forced MC to teach her something flashy... she was flashy alright, by failing XD and catching on fire
    Yes, MC became Steward Ling
    I don't remember about other point of views... I think there was one... :/
    She killed MC to prevent leaks about where they came from and just plain jealousy once she thought she didn't need him anymore. The MC is like a burden from her point of view that must be rid of for her to become the empress smoothly

13. busyoldfool

busyoldfool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask when does the Emperor discover MC is not an eunuch? How did he react?
    Also, when does Lan Wei realize Mo Qi is a manipulative little fake?

CarinaNovel Updates likes this.
  14. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: Looks like I mixed that up with another novel

Lan Wei "woke up" when some king of another country came around and wanted to take her with him (mistaking something Ling Xiao did as her again lol) He tested her since he had gotten a letter that showed Mo Qi's true character and thought it was fake even though it was her handwriting. He also found out it was Ling Xiao that saved him and not her from her own mouth and that cut the deal. He though Ling Xiao was planning to kill Mo Qi and suicide when he found the note on Ling Xiao saying goodbye to the Emperor... Ling Xiao was like hell like I'm going to die, it was just so he could run away. But Lan Wei didn't know and killed his plan lol

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Peachiii, Ease, alexfilia and 2 others like this.
  15. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did LX admit about not being an eunuch towards the emperor? Or did the emperor cornered him into confessing?

Did LX run away after all?

16. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    He laced the Emperor's tea and tried to use that time to run away, but the Emperor's body was super resistant against drugs so his plan to run away failed. The Emperor was really mad and dragged him to bed, and after pulling off his pants, the fact he wasn't an eunuch was revealed. The Emperor was actually surprised b/c this was actually something he didn't know beforehand.

Later, the prince from another country took him and ran away, though it wasn't so much running away as the Emperor letting them run away.

17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    what did he do that caused him to want to run away?

18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Running away from the palace after getting rid of the girl who screwed him over was always his plan. Also at that point, the Emperor was pretty blatant about wanting to sleep with him, so he had to escape before that happened to hide his not-an-eunuch secret (which once discovered, is pretty much a death sentence under normal circumstances).

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    did they end up having s** after his secret was revealed?

also what happened to his assisant that is close with the emperor?

20. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cough When's the first smex scene?

alexfilia likes this.