LCD Immortal Mortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the story, even though only 16 chapters.

But if it's like Gate of Good Fortune (or misfortune), I don't want to go through such torture anymore.

2. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, this is going one way or another like Gate of Misfortune.

Every time he hits a jackpot, he actually gets smacked with a bigger calamity.

case being
    1) develops penicilin - gains gold, but forced to flee for his life.
    2) gives away penicilin - gains entrance to a household where there's a big umbrella where he can take shelter, only to meet a mistress that's already ill-treating him on day 1, not to help him (as promised)

3. mmdock

mmdock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys.
    Chapter 4:
    As a top biologist, Mo Wuji was confident in appraising minerals and determining their composition.

.... how..... does this make sense? translation issue or author issue or is there something i am missing?

4. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems as if your biology classes missed some subjects ... mine naturally covered geology, mineralogy, pharmacy, anatomy and human medicine ... and the usual useful stuff you need to know if you transmigrate/reincarnate

5. mmdock

mmdock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I re-incarnated I would probably die. I wouldn't have the willpower to cultivate steadily, the aggressiveness to annihilate my enemies and their families, nor the intense knowledge to be a super expert at everything. Unless there is a way to apply my programming skills (maybe arrays or formations?) I would basically be fuuuuuuuuucked.

6. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh the only bad thing about this novel is slow update ....

7. Danis

Reading List:
    Link
    another fucking young master need to be killed !!!

8. Arcelia

Arcelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't help but say "roll credits" when chapter 50 mentioned immortal mortal cultivation technique.

strixflash likes this.
  9. Danis

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope this novel will get mass release like other @Qidian novel this is one of the best novel i read in there

10. openbookworm

openbookworm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So got a question for us readers. Is it weird that this guy has no pride in his previous occupation as a drug refiner? He was a genius in his previous life in the manufacture of drugs, but in this life it's like his past holds no significance. You would think that he might be eager to challenge the practice of pill-refining, but it just kinda seems to play into the cliche that pills are little balls of miracles.

11. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    He refined the meridian opening drug, and all for the sake to be able to cultivate. Now, he just opened his 27th meridian despite being told that he has no spiritual roots.

That is pretty impressive for a "mere mortal" , and for somebody like him who's been trying to chase cultivation, I think he's too drunk in it to even bother challenging the drug refiners.

12. orig27

orig27 Everlasting Monarch

Reading List:
    Link
    first of all he isn't a pill refiner but a botanist; One of its subject is pharmacology. So it wouldn't interest him much challenging their worlds standard beside just like above said he is too drunk for cultivation that he doesn't care as long as it help his breakthrough. Probably we'll get a chapter about alchemy but that wouldn't be the issue as right now he still considered as a "mere mortal".

13. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doggie Paddle technique of stirring the ingredients, why does it sound like a human trying to imitate a dog's swim style

14. VingadorV

VingadorV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the raws' link?

15. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Picked randomly didn't think i'd like it this much.
    Smart MC. Knows when to advance or retreat. The world is huge and long periods of times are not spent on just one location. The story always has different goals to achieve and they are all critical to the MC. But before he gets to them even bigger things crop up. Those plots usually aren't left behind but are solved in ways you don't expect and even the benefits from them aren't all just good news. It's a roller coaster sometimes to be honest. Got issues with money and he solves it pretty quick but then right afterwards he almost gets killed by the plan that gave him the money. Reincarnated folk got this advantage over people but time and time again his cheat is kinda basic and doesn't help till later so he is very weak throughout but thankfully this novel doesn't concentrate on fights much.The relations he makes are both important and others are just for benefits. In most other novels when something bad is done to the MC or someone they now is taken by someone way beyond their capabilities(like in this) the novel makes this a long reaching plot where the MC starts from the base and cultivates all the way till he gets strong enough to reach this powerful enemy's camp and take their family back by force. This would ofc take hundreds of chapters at the least but here she shows up randomly and the goal is intensified due to the cherished member being hurt badly.
    Another roller coaster is when an MC finally manages to get into a sect and is of the poorer/weaker side of the disciples(not even a disciple this time but just a servant) but he still manages to get an easy job,befriend the person giving him easy jobs,easily get acquainted with higher ranked members where usually they look down on everyone and even more so with the person who he got to befriend and even do several other things. Mind you this is only 80 chaps in and he has already changed locations several times,met several people and gone through alot. Even when he picked up a new profession in pill refining he got some good luck but then you'd think he'd use his skills to get over being a servant but he doesn't based on morals. Didn't expect that at all. All in all it's pretty decent and refreshing

16. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    what's that? you say this high level person is gonna wait for me to be alone before exacting his revenge? wonderful, this sounds like the perfect time to go on a journey. by myself. to some other city where misunderstandings, fights, and even deaths are most likely common place.

[​IMG]

BarriaKarl and FlameE like this.
  17. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this is the most easy going guy
    Has ability to keep getting new roots but takes his time. Offered position to be a refiner but instead declines yet still gets to be a guest after. Straight up offers the OP skill he got just because he is thankful? but then it turns out that doing that saved him from lots of trouble. Going into a realm is brought up requiring special entrance but then literally the plot runs at him and makes him a guys assistant to go there with him. All these artificial barriers that easily get resolved are ridiculous. The continent with the 5 empires he is currently on seems to lack the heavenly stuff. We probably won't get into the real stuff till he leaves this place.

Someone compared this to The Gate of good fortune. Not even close.

18. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at the supposedly "gains" he could have gotten, only to lose it.

1. His servant is still a cripple. Mentally a retard, and physically a cripple.
    2. He still hasn't got his base / foundation.
    3. His so called "cheat" is no longer a "cheat" that is 'useful'. The basis is there (after all, its the recurring theme of the story, at least up to the translated chapters).
    4. His original plans all thwarted and he's forced to react to circumstances, instead of being in a position to proactively determine every path.
    5. He found new fortunes, only for him to console himself saying "its not the right one for me".

The only difference now, which is quite subtle, is that all the female characters doesn't go full NTR on him (unlike gate of 'misfortune').

So how is it very different from gate of good fortune? (the novel)? It is still him being kicked around left and right.

19. Ironfist Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    The threats of gate were actually real threatening
    This guy can like see the future and immediately stay clear of them. His penicillin gimmick he realised which what it could bring and somehow did the perfect manuever to escape someone who would kill him without even bothering to see him explain himself.

He is chilling in a sweet spot even tho his cultivation isn't high enough. And he got it super easy. He has an amazing job that now he realises gives him lots of money(he didn't even care about pills till he had to make some for his servant and immediately afterwards he got a nameless pill formula fall in his lap that goes around years of regular people training with a way higher percentage than the best pill maker in the sect) that he can use to buy more ingredients to lvl up his chest. Ofc everyone knew that his soultion wasn't gonna to work with the regular non spiritual ingredient as he got stronger so all this solves itself and his cheat which might have seemed threated and no longer worked was actually still perfectly fine.

All these fortunes he is avoiding on account of them being risky I wonder how many MCs didn't care and still went for them. Everyone says fortune us found in the mouth of danger and our greeediest MC(Meng Hap) has a motto that every fortune you find that you let go off is a fortune you lost. People don't just get gains and live happily ever ever after they footage fight to protect these gains.

20. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    all those pills he was downin... i think it's time for an intervention. he's got a problem.

Demonic Spoon likes this.