LCD Taming Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Oct 24, 2016.

1. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ian or the author already said the plot... First is a throw second is a throw/being alerted third they will fight it out... Which means he has chance to get two wins.... But will Ian and his retainers be able to join the siege though? Forgot how many chances or tries a player can join lol...but still this guild siege thing is stupid I played ragnarok and m.u. The siege is all you can join Buffett anyone can join and has ALOT of tries and guild skill like call which Tele all online members to the caller which makes defending really hard and all kinds of guilds attack not fucking 1 on 1 like dipshit browser game... The author didn't even explain how they can siege guilds even lol... Lots of guild and only 1 has a chance to attack lol.... Lol author plot armor Is too thick... Thin it about pls?? It's easy to defend this kind of guild siege just make another guild then make challenge you then make it loose then ta ta da!!! 1 week safety lol... Afterall you can pick who you fight >.> so stupid....their is even no alliance such joke much wow

2. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    players get 2 tries total per 24 hrs but npcs can go as many times as they want and i also doubt that any gulid wars will last more than 12 hrs 16 max

3. p_chanyeolxoxo

p_chanyeolxoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can the guild war last more than 6 hours with this style of siege? It's only 30v30+unlimited Npc...
    I've played game where siege last two hours and it's pretty much guild vs server for the two hours. They should've done siege more large scale x.x would've looked more awesome and they can't pick/choose who to accept battle from cause people do have branch guilds that can bait for the safety week -_-

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, that means that Ian will get 100% of the fame from two rounds. I wonder how much that adds up to? And if that was one of the reasons he proposed this strategy?

“What the hell? This. That dude was a Summoner?”
    Why are they surprised? Didn't he just summon Ly, Lake, Pin and Halli right at the start of the battle? How was that not enough to tip them off? Its not like they had anywhere else to look but at him when he did it. Did they think those four just magically appeared due to the games whimsy or something? Or did they somehow fail to see four gigantic monsters suddenly appearing right in front of them?

5. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they thought it was npc summon lol

6. Zyst

Zyst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they just seriously let him mob them?

Have you ever seen any kind of guild war be approached with that laissez faire attitude? It's also the basics of fighting many vs 1 to sort of spread out around the guy, I've literally never seen people just group up as if they were weird ass marching soldiers.

I mean I get it they have to find a way for MC to win, but this is still annoying as hell.

7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    WTH? Polaris fielded 27 out of their 30 players on an expected gimmie round? Are their other 3 players ringers that can handle a 2 rounds that are expected to be heavily defended on their own?

8. p_chanyeolxoxo

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like the guild sizes in this game is actually reasonable compared to other novels with 100k+ members and apparently they actually listen and can follow commands...like 100k+ of them when my guild of 95 can barely manage to folllow orders to group up in one location since always 5~10 teleport to wrong spot....

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They were severely underestimating him and figured he'd probably die in one or two blows. Given how the rewards would be distributed, they were more concerned with kill-stealing and being kill-stolen than they were about the actual killing.

Also, these people are likely the dregs of the guild. Its unlikely that they'd normally be allowed to participate in a guild war.

10. Zyst

Zyst Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes, "they were underestimating him", the web novel get out of jail free card.

Lets put that aside. these players are all around level 100, from what they say that means they are something like the top 1% of the player base. The dregs? These guys are playing like 12 hours a day, they obviously take the game seriously, how the hell do you end up with "dregs" in this scenario.

Also, what about the ranged classes? Were all 15(?) of them melee? Did the Mages decide to bludgeon Ian with their staff because of their hubris?

All in all, the author has a bad habit of making the MC overly strong. In normal scenarios we get to see other players shine along the main character, but then he conveniently drops that when useful.

Lets be real, he is just fighting a group of straight up mobs. They don't get to use any cool skills, which we know exist, they just all clustered together to rush him down, including all the ranged guys, and got caught into an abyss hole and full combo'd.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Level 100 was the top end like half a year ago. Now, upper 90's (which is what they were stated to be) is probably average level, or not far off. Also, it was stated that the guild was a pay-2-enter affair and people who are willing to pay for that are also willing to pay for a bus, so there's no reason to believe that they have skills equivalent to their levels.

As for the mages, I'd assume that they have a maximum range on their magics, particularly the ones that could be cast fast enough to actually contribute to a fight that they expected to be more like a lynching. Or, like you said, they may have all been melee. The ranged and AoE classes may have all been reserved for the later, (presumed to be) harder fights.

I'm not saying that Ian isn't excessively OP, but I don't really find this sort of behavior from his enemies to be hard to believe given the way they were described and their (relatively reasonable) expectations for this fight. Should they have been more cautious? Of course, and they will be in the future, but there's no reason why they would have known that beforehand. Well, unless they managed to notice the dragon, griffon, massive wolf and giant tiger that all suddenly appeared from nowhere, but we've already established that they didn't, for reasons that can only be attributed to author induced blindness. Now, if you want to get upset about that, I'm more than happy to agree with you.

12. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read again it totally said the range are safe but 70% of them are melee so yeah most of them are caught so while those melee are immobile the range thought that they should attack the golem as so it happens all their attack only manages to bring it down to 60% hp when that happened the recruited unique summon healed it back. To 100% GPS since the heal is in percentage that actually heals 60% of max hp so those range actually got scared lol

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't really fully read the chapters, just skimmed the latter half of the translation but i think the PK'ers targeted him exactly because of Ly, assuming it couldn't be a summon because it was too strong / high level for a 'newly released class that was impossible to level up'. They thought it was an extremely expensive relic or item that could drop if they got him killed.

So the 'what, he was a summoner?!' is just them finding out how stupid they were at the time and how pointless this whole feud is.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with them saying it was that they didn't say it until after he summoned the golem. And he didn't summon the golem until long after he'd summoned four other, very large monsters. Basically, there'd have to be something severely wrong with their brains and/or eyes for them to have not noticed that he was a summoner before that moment.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the purple light has to do with the hatching conditions for his Dragon God Egg? If so, I expect lots of guild and territory wars in his future ;)

16. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I never thought about that. A dragon and Griffin causing all types of chaos. Funny thing is if they kill Ian they would probably become a traitor to that kingdom.

17. p_chanyeolxoxo

Reading List:
    Link
    Would that actually happen? Or it could happen because he hatched the griffin that would grow and be the symbol of the kingdom? Or would he become the enemy cause he didn't give both griffins to the king...

18. JadeBunny

JadeBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait till he realizes that Harin thinks of him as her boyfriend.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't have to attack guilds from his own kingdom. Honestly, I don't think he's even allowed to. Not that it matters, because there's tons of enemy guilds that signed on with the opposing empire. Which means that he's probably going to rack up a ton of achievements with his own empire and start ranking up as a noble.

20. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems you are a Sage :cool: