who's the dumbest mc you have seen? And why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anhrefn, Apr 16, 2016.

1. amalirom

amalirom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't figure out how no one mentions chu feng. You think Yun che is stupid for leaving that kid alive? Shit chu feng creates enmities on fucking empty space. If not for bullshit plot armor(eggy) he would have died over 9000 times in a single chapter.

ICe and Astaroth like this.
  2. Greed_XVIII

Greed_XVIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came in to say the MC from Reincarnated as a Dragon's Egg, and then I saw multiple people mention it. The reason I think hes stupid is because of a few different things though. Like how he fights as if he was a human and not a quadrupedal dragon, punching and grappling everything. Reading the fight scenes just makes me want to smack him in the back of the head every time he does something that makes no sense. Which is almost everything. It's like the author has never been in a fight, or seen a movie where people fight, or heard people talking about a fight... and then he tries to write about it anyway. I don't even remember whether or not the MC even has thumbs, but just the fact where he hasn't even thought about biting any enemies and it took something like 50 chapters before he used his tail in fights is disappointing.

Kronos and Astaroth like this.
  3. Szatan0

Szatan0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah, Shame that question wasn't poster a bit earlier. I had special tab i reading list with bad novels poster here to not show them in main page.
    About questions - i trully dislike wimpy characters of MC (forgot name of novel) who got space magic and tps between world with princess and mega anniying sister who trashes him around despite him beeing 30yo.

4. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    His personality is nothing like it was in the beginning. To me it's a good novel you should at least give it 50 chapters, that's when the action picks up.

5. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chu feng got the mask to disguise himself, and yun che is too conceited of his strenght, hard working to obtain the power is one thing, but afterwards he go and thinks himselfs as the best,
    letting the ennemy go cause who cares he is too weak for me
    that guy over here is more pirdeful than me? put him down, create more ennemies​

6. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't think that anymore though...

7. KainMori

KainMori in relationship with novels

Reading List:
    Link
    that makoto guy from school days
    maya and joey from maradonia saga. the story itself is partially to blame. haven't read the book but the sporking was gold
    naruto. he's....just dumb...

8. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    mind as well add Lin Feng there

Astaroth likes this.
  9. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Feng is at least smarter than Yun Che.

Let me give you an example:

Yun Che obtains the whatever phoenix ability from a secret location in Blue Wind.
    Fking Phoenix god/guy/bird explicitly tells him not to let people from Divine Phoenix Empire know
    Obviously Yun Che gives no fks cos he's a self-aware protagonist that knows his plot armor will always let him survive.
    He goes all out against his legal wife in some BS tournament, directly exposing his Phoenix fire, even to the extent that he makes it temporaily inactive.
    Like he had to rely on his harem members to keep him safe then.
    And the reason given? Something BS like his pride or being a man.

Chu Feng is pretty stupid at times also, but at least he was smart enough to use a fake identity when he really wants to cause trouble.
    It was only in the beginning when he got his family in trouble by acting as an arrogant, libido-driven bitch.
    After that, I think he's basically sobered up and gotten more realistic.
    Still he's a pretty dumb guy.

10. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    of all the novel i have read 90% of xianxia MC are

nazmulm likes this.
  11. Master_x01

Master_x01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also Emiya Shirou from the Fate branch of Typemoon witch have an impresive record of dumb actions, dumb ideas and dumb speeches...

Between his more famous deeds are:

Launch himself to the giant behemot know as Berseker(Heracles) to be nearlly cut in half because his dumb ideas...

The (in)famous speech: "The People die when they are killed"

An a lot of nearlly machist ideas witch annoyed Saber and Rin for a while until they were forcefull smached out of his mind.

and many others dumb things...

Gadget, Astaroth and KainMori like this.
  12. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Any Mc that just captures a villain that threaten to kill/rape his family, Xianxia included, I mean what the fuck, you have this guy swearing revenge in a nice dark allie and just let him leave alive!

13. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    mc from gun ota. not only is he dumb enough to be tricked into slavery, he was too naive for his true age that was added to his reincarnated self. A coward that abandoned his friend to die and died a pathetic death. If there is anyone who is undeserving of a reincarnation, it is him. I believe reincarnation should be earned, not just given willy nilly.

ICe likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I think that there's two DC comic universes where batman kills the Joker and become a crazy maniac killing people left and right. (Like in the Batman vs Superman movie)

There's some stuff like Joker kills Robin and Batgirl and then Batman realises that repeatedly leaving these people alive just isn't working, he goes nuts and Joker basically get the last laugh. (You know the stuff that if Batman kills Joker, Joker wins because he's proven his point.)

And while I agree that basically every Japanese MC ever is a retard, that probably has to do with that if you categorized them they probably wouldn't even qualify to be Young Adult novels. If anything it should be a surprise that anime/manga/LN has become so popular with people older than 15 to begin with.

15. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh the typical JP protagonist.
    JP protagonists often have monologues where they just say common logic/sense.
    Example: "I dont want you to die"
    yeah, no shit, thats half implied already.
    or "To protect the ones I love.... etc"
    yeah, no way we never thought of that until now.

But I guess those are categorized as tropes.

16. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Na, I can forgive an MC for being wimpy when they are so OP that it doesn't even matter. Plus, there has never really been a situation that can punish his wimpyness. But yeah the sis does annoy me. I don't understand what her angle is.

Instead of stupidity I would say it's more along the lines of naivety and cowardice. Hell he is a self proclaimed coward. But he does learn from his experiences, while true idiots don't.

17. Recklezz

Recklezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The stupidest would probably be the MC from Great Demon King. Thought it would have a dark and evil setting, nooope. The MC is a complete retard and tried to prank the girl who killed the last host of the body Dafuq?

Most retarded MC, Yi Ping from a Martial Odyssey, the guy is a odd combination between a japanse 'summoned Hero' and a classic XX MC from copy-paste Xianxia novels. But something went horribly wrong when the two minds fused. The MC lost the most basic troubleshooting ability, and is basically a martial war machine, who can only fight.

There are many others, especially japanese MC's who are protected by stupid plot armor.

18. Tenor

Tenor Hard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone saw the tags I added to I Can Speak To Animals or something like that then you'd know my pick.
    MC (who is japanese) gets himself killed by an upset gangster while he was on vacation in a foreign country because he tried to cheer him up by yelling "FIGHT!" in his ear. He meets God (or goddess, I don't remember) and she tells him the meaning of the word because dumbass MC didn't know what the original definiton of the word was. But it doesn't end there. MC reincarnates with all-language comprehension ability and all his memories intact, including the ones when he meets God and gets his ability. But MC, who has been hearing voices around him when animals are close by since birth only realizes that it what those voices were years later. He has no redeeming qualities so I dropped it after that.

Attached Files:

Gadget and Astaroth like this.
  19. BlinkOfAEye

BlinkOfAEye Chair C

Reading List:
    Link
    I always felt the MC from Zero No Tsukaima was retarded or just a hardcore masochist.
    The first thing I would do if I met the female MC is run the fuck away as far as you can.

Gadget likes this.
  20. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation exists so that you can repent for your sins, dumbass.