who's the dumbest mc you have seen? And why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anhrefn, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's decided to be quiet until he was older, time flew by, by the time he realized he was old enough to talk without being questioned he had the communication issues. Not to mention he would have to imitate a 6-yr old way to speak.
    Six years of basically talking in your head will really fuck up your communication skills especially when no one else talk with you. Same thing happened to Ryouma from Picked by the Gods.
    He has nothing to compare his power too. He isn't aware of how much power he has. No stats, no one exclaiming why he's so powerful. Nothing. As far as he knows everyone can do that type of stuff.
    He has no idea he's a prince. I haven't reread the story but he IIRC he decided to open a coffee shop early on and is sticking to his goal.

2. vaibhavjag

vaibhavjag Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I guess there may be reasons for everything but i could never come to terms with them. I just couldn't finish the second volume because I remember reading somewhere that he stays the same.
    Even Ryouma started speaking and soon got used to it instead of pretending to be mute. This guy is still wasting all his time and repeating all his mistakes. IMO no one would go through so much trouble to stay invisible in life. I mean he was tortured for god's sake and even after that his behavior hasn't changed.
    i think he leaves the palace to go to his subordinates mansion where he is repeatedly dressed up as a girl. maybe i'm wrong.
    BTW he does realize he is a prince at some point in volume 1 itself, can't remember when though.

3. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is very dumb and i am not just saying this because of the anime ( i have read spoilers about the novel)

4. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a dead novel anyway. No updates for years from the author.

5. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    tell me plz

6. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Umu now I am scared to find out...is it really that bad?

7. Larkan

Larkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime will probably cover all volumes of the LN(out atm) it might have an original end though like Akame ga kill(same studio).
    I honestly thought that he acted foolishly way too often but it might not be the same for you.

8. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    Subaru is a full-blown dumbass but the plot of the novel is great. If you like tragedy.

9. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I refuse to believe this and I disqualify this every time its brought up. In the manga, he actually chose Shizuku. I hear the light novel went differently and he chose someone else, but in the manga he started going out with Shizuku. The very fact that he chose someone is ENORMOUS compared to so many other MCs that just go "uh....etoo.......Oh, LOOK OVER THERE! Literally anything else!" when confronted about their feelings.

Welcome aboard the Ichika hatewagon. We have cookies and milk.

As much as I like the meme, that line in particular doesn't actually show his stupidity. In context, it was a very valid point. What he was trying to say was "People die when they are killed. That's the way its meant to be". This is because he was constantly being saved by Avalon, the item that was enabling him to like...not get killed by all the OP servants he encountered.

Sure, fine, he abandoned his friend but that guilt itself is whats stuck to him. Sure, if it was like Rudeus or the MC from Souen then they could just take it as a second chance at life and give up on their previous life, moving onward. However, as you said, its for that reason that the Gunota MC is the way he is.
    The main reason he was able to push himself after reincarnation was that he absolutely, under no circumstances, wanted to go through that again. Unlike the MCs in Mushoku or Souen, he doesn't have a clear conscience from his previous life. While those MCs decided to just go onward with their life doing as they please (Rudeus just being himself mostly, and Souen's MC serving his osananajimi), Gunota's MC still has to live with the guilt and sin that he did in his previous world. When one of the heroines
    the dark elf slave they buy, when she mentions the name of that friend, the MC is so shocked he literally faints
    . He clearly hasn't forgotten and he clearly isn't forgetting anytime soon.
    His very purpose in life in the new world, his dream, is to make an army legion corps that saves and protects the weak, because thats what he feels his duty and obligation is to his friend who he abandoned. Unless author pulls something else later and just shatters that dream, the Gunota MC is definitely atoning properly. More than enough tbh, with that dream he is working towards, he has essentially declared that his entire life will be dedicated towards making up for his sin.

10. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    The dumbest main character for me would be the mc from tilea worries.

I didn't mind how dense or stupid she was in the first few chapters but it started to excessively nag at me and then all of a sudden the girl basically loses control of her current personality and reverts back to her pre-reincarnation to lick a elf's ear. Its like you gained self awareness of your faults and tried to change to a better and new person in the span of what 16 years? But revert on a moments notice.
    Then there how oblivious she is to gossip and news while she works in a restaurant where news can easily be heard.

Idk i just couldn't immerse myself into the novel because mc was hella stupid and focused in on that trope so hard there wasnt any real character development.

Even the omega harem girl wasnt that bad and she considered a blackhole.

11. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    fair point. In the end, the final boss will be his friend in some form who likely reincarnated there as well

12. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I read the later chapters and it becomes better later on. There are some annoying parts but it doesn't occur regularly.

13. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lin feng. Your mums alive duh!!!! How else are you still protected

14. E.gr

E.gr Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Main character of my Fox kitsune waifu.
    Just barely beats out ichika from infinite stratos.

Gadget likes this.
  15. Astarte677

Astarte677 POHHHTAAAAHHHTUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc from Chaos;Head