You Tired Of This QI Shit Yet?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suryadiiii

suryadiiii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm ur courting death mblo...

2. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has it's foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will nor appreciate your neutrality"

Desmond Tutu

mrttao and Mangochic like this.
  3. Incarneous

Incarneous ☕ [Transcendent Eternality] [Alexfilia's Dad]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd think NU is being fair. They have introduced the filter function so their services remain convenient for those who don't want to get flooded by QI novels.

4. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link

your name really suits what you are doing... and btw, did you just made an account to post this rant? so, is it worth it?

5. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that filter can also be used to filter every other work beside of qidian. with NUF neutrality that they wont involved in any conflict betwen xxx vs QI. it will be very easy breezy for QI to playing issue of owner to the masses. at that time, who can say NUF stand about this? are they gonna support QI with their neutrality and let those people slandering other translation work?

remember, NU only an AGGREGATOR site that reaching this point from other people work. not like those translator site with their translation. dont forget about this and claim you are a neutral when this community did so much to you. NU wont reach height without them.

6. Incarneous

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm... what's your point? NUF's responsibility is to provide a platform. I am a translator that gets a majority of my traffic from NUF. Sure people can use the filter to exclude me from their updates, but those people wouldn't have read my novel anyways, so isn't it fine?

kenar, Nom de Plume and Riftwalker like this.
  7. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its never worth to vent my rage on someone or something. but something should be let out. and in this drama, I am pretty sick with NUF stance of neutrality. the community already do so much to them, yet here we are in the verge of collapsing from high blood pressure. in short, why let those two create this stage in this forum? did they want to create more profit from it?

damn it.

well if you think its fine. then its fine. I dont get your point from saying this. if its your subjective value, then its fine. why you say it out loud if you think my point is irrelevant to you? are you trying to prove something here?

WishMaster likes this.
  8. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    NU is specifically NOT supporting QI by remaining neutral.

NU supports the Translators, which is why the WW links are the ones that will stay. No chapters rehosted by QI will be linked.

kenar and Westeller like this.
  9. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i argee with only a bit of your main point , but i'm totally confused by your ps re ren ,
    all he's tried to do is make it that cn tl's legal and tried to stop the crap that yen press dose with jp tl's , without trying to rip the tl's off ie no slave contracts , he's never used or forced the idea of paywalls so you can read for free if you can't afford it , only used ad's or donations etc , he created a place where you can still read for free
    so can you please explain your reasoning about the comment " but cant really ignore what he did to the translation community. " as it makes no sense or logic behind it in anyway that i can see or think off
    i'm will to listen to your idea as to why you think this ?
    he even give up a good paying job to do this only to be screwed over

10. Incarneous

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically. NUF hasn't helped Qidian? =/

11. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats not support. thats what aggregator did. get your fact straight here. learn a difference betwen supporting and doing their job.

exactly because he let the job go, I hate that because it means ren will exploit something more to make up the loss salaries from the job. its a common sense if you let go your previous work, you should expecting more thing from your next work.
    too ambitious.

should read some post above you. the thing about mouse and elephant. thats the point.

12. Logicsol

Reading List:
    Link
    NU's "job" is providing readers with links to the new chapters. That's it.
    They'll always point to whatever source the translator prefers.

kenar and Nom de Plume like this.
  13. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    exactly! thats the work of aggregators! and that mean they didnt support any tl just by doing this! its their job! not because they want to support it! thats how they fill their web!

14. Logicsol

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, going to ignore the crazy person now....

kenar likes this.
  15. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :giggle::giggle::giggle: He understood nothing. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

16. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats a personal insult! hope a mod read it! my advice is learn difference how they gain money and how they show their support to something.

17. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry but once again your point makes no sense or you don't seem to know of ren's background ,
    now i will not say i know a 100%, i only know from ww , his post's and the websites i follow etc ,
    there will be better people that can say if i have this right or not but he started out doing both working and tling CD one of my fav books of all time and that's what got me in ti cn tl's , as he got to the point where he want to follow his dream ie prob reading ln's and translating , he decided to make sure that the tl's and other wouldn't get dmca'd by getting rights and working towards that once again so the yenpress crap wouldn't happen and we all would be waiting 6mths plus for a book etc or each time a jp ln get's turned into a anime , yenpress buy the rights and screw the readers over where the tl's do the work the love the work (and money,let me honest as some do do it to make a living , but still will below what would normally be paid by for say a uk company etc ) and then basically got lied to by qi
    so i don't see you point at all it just seems to be a dig at ren for no reason other than trying to stop as i said the same crap with yenpress

18. Logicsol

Reading List:
    Link
    First time I've had to use the ignore function here. I don't even have Qidian man blocked.

kenar and Pizz0011 like this.
  19. Ananse

Ananse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all you placing NU in the same vein as every other aggregator is completley wrong. NU does not host any translations it merely links to the chapters found on the translators site which is nothing short of a service to this community. Yes NU is technically an aggregator but it's the best kind. How can treat it like other sites that literally rip the chapters from the translators site? As for the neutrality issue...what do you expect? In this certain issue, we don't really know all the facts in this WW vs QI thing due to the NDA contract and such so picking a side without having all the facts would be nothing short of utter stupidity, not to mention that if NU would pick a side now then that would mean people would look to them to pick a side in any future scenario's which would be a huge mess in of itself. NU's job is to link to chapters, it's best to keep it at that. The new feature wasn't something that got implemented all of a sudden, it was in the works for a while if I recall correctly, make what you will of Tony releasing it during this fiasco but it wasn't some new idea that popped up just for whatever is happeneing now. Blocking groups. There's nothing wrong with that. You can dislike a group due to their translations/edits/site; for a lot of reasons really, it should be up to your personal preference and there's nothing bad with that. Your english is horrendous, your points are nothing short of mistaken and your digs towards NU being some sort of money machine that'll bow down to Qidian are offensive seeing as how much this site has done for the community.

You just insulted the integrity of this site, I doubt a mod will care for that.

kenar, Carm, Nom de Plume and 8 others like this.
  20. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive been on ww since 2014. I know how ren was work in embassy, his photo with hillary clinton. how he want to create a something like paywall, how he want to made an app. thats too ambitious for me. almost slip to the qidian way of work.

agre with your word, he do so much to the translation community. I never disagree with that point. and thats also the reason I said all of those thing to NUF. because in a way or another, NUF had that huge debt to ren. every debt had its debtor. hope its not a bad karma. so sad if thinking those neutral bunch face same thing with ren in the real world.

you cant get rid of a fact that NU is an aggregator. it dont need to be like you said, it dont copy the translation and all, but still, they gain profit from the community. you start to grammanazI me? lol, are you really try to kill my character? if its in my native language, I will made your mouth fall off before your brain can even think.

yeah I used to love NUF so much, but now it dont have any integrities to speak off.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.