You Tired Of This QI Shit Yet?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you want NU to do? Are you saying that NU should pick side (and in your opinion, they should side with WW)? Why? Because RWX contribution to the translation world? Why should that impact NU stance?

It like saying my country (Indonesia) should treat US like a king since they bomb Japan and force them to end WW II. Sure we apreciate what they do, but we have our own stance.

So does NU. Their stance are neutral, as long as both side are not proven guilty they can still post in NUF and their link will still shown (following the TL wishes). You don't like it? Too bad, you can't change it. If you don't like it, feel free to not using NU or NUF, pretty sure nobody gonna miss you.

About the block group feature, do you know how long it take to build that feature? Is not that Tony see the war and then "Let there be block group feature"

It took times to build and test the feature, it is just coincidence that the timing match the "war".

People blocking other group (beside QI) with that feature? Well, flash news: people are entitled to do what they want to do as long as it doesn't hurt others. If I block WW, doesn't mean you can't see their update, so why do you care?

kenar, Hotato and runsing like this.
  2. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    k thanks for explaining your reasoning abit more it made a bit more sense this time i do think the reasoning is a little off , but everyone can and has their own views so np , :)
    but one thing i've never heard of is ren having the idea of a paywall as i've been with ww for about the same about of time
    as i believed he was always against that type of idea and it was always ad's ( which can screw up sometimes as i've been hit myself and posted a few times but that's the ad company's problem they are looking into and not the site's)
    or it was always donations etc

also in someway i can agree with you about NUF as i had a huge row with the staff when this happen the 1st time as to me they were a bit more to wards qi but with the new blocking that can target QI to block them ( reddit's even blocked qi as off now if you didn't know) and was put in due to use requesting it so it shouldn't be a problem now

3. Incarneous

Incarneous ☕ [Transcendent Eternality] [Alexfilia's Dad]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oi, ya NU makes profit from ads, probably quite a bit. But you know, they also represent a way of getting novels out there to their intended audience, a platform to raise awareness that those novels even exist. NU also gives traffic, it's not a leech.

4. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt it offending to judge things with biasim and ignorant and I will not try to judge your idiocy and opinions as I written this.

Basically like most people said, NU is an aggregator site, but it do nothing wrong to the community, to the readers and the translators. NU only exist to gives traffic to the translator's site. Tony is only fulfilled the request of the community by implementing the ignoring function, probably before the Qidian and WW thing happen. At least in comparison, is better than webnovel, that take Qidian down, that hurt the translator community (this means they are also able to take website downs in the future too). Does this make NU a lesser evil Now?

Now with NU and NUF being neutral, I wholeheartedly support it. NU being neutral is the best thing it could do. Aside with some of the pieces missing from the story btw Qidian and WW. With NU being neutral, it could gained the readers trust and stand firm in it policy in a long term run. NU and NUF would gained nothing from siding with Qidian or WW. But this will create several drawbacks to NU if they sided. Now, why should you care? None, obviously, since you hate the community.

If you said NU have a huge debt to Ren, then i could have say Ren have a huge debt to NU and Tony. Tony for creating the site, and NU for giving traffics to WW. The site need translators to survive and the translators need the advertisement and traffics. That is to say, both side benefits

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    kenar, Miss Ruby, SnowTime and 6 others like this.
  5. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a good analogy with ww2 there at all. The war was pretty much over when US decided to show their big dicks to the world.

6. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your example of american bombing japan is missing so many point. what can I expect from your example? are you saying qidian is saving the NUF that slaved by wuxiaworld? so funny.

so you mean NUF is an ungratefull bastard? someone that moved by profit? its you who speak it. I just draw the line.

well, you mean its ok if one day qidian slandering other people translation thats not in their circle and encourage them to block it? such a good thinking, your country must be proud of you.

yeah, you must be one of qidian supporter that want to make a community become commodity.

but its a seed of problem in the future.

thatss their work! omaigad. should I repeat it over and over. stop sugar coating their work as a philanthropy act. they get money from it. thats the fact.

7. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, you gotta learn that there's nothing free in the world. NU have ads, they make money off of it, does it hurt anyone? None. So stop making NU a bad guy.

8. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, thats my point. most people dont even know that it was their job, not charity job. NUF become the bad guy because they become so ungrateful to the community, their fist wrong doing was letting wuxiaworld and QI in here. what are they expect to gain from this except traffic? and the next thing is they become si ungratefull until rwx create this thread. where do you think these much people come from if not from tl novel community? they should thanks rwx for what they gain till this day, at least some of it. dont anyone see my point here? NUF should be only aggregator web, not a stage for those two fighting. do you think its neccesary? dont be greedy and play two side at the same time NUF. you shoulf choose where you stand. its too late to back down now.

WHY THE HELL YOU LET THOSE TWO FIGHTING IN YOUR FORUM? everyone can see it. if you really the good guy, you should know it will lead to more trouble and trouble. now you should clean your mess. not worth for your traffic gain.

damn, novel translation community already did so much to you. and now you cant eveb grateful to them by choosing stance. if you pick qidian, at least we know where you are heading.

well, you should know the fact that ww much more famous even there is no NUF.

so you say NUF should neglect what they gain from novel community before this WW anD QI thing? most of you said NUF wont get anything from involved, but what about the thing they got before this fight happen? thats the point when I say NUF become ungrateful. do you want to neglect this fact for glorifying an aggregator site? come on dude, who is the ignorant one? and where is the stupidity in it? so you mean being grateful only for stupid people? nice environment you grow with.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF is a place of free speech. And should NU be grateful to the novel translation community? I would like to think that both side both benefits from these, if it's not for NU, I couldn't discovered the new novels and meet the translators. If it's not for NU, I would spend a lot of tabs bookmarking novels. If it's not for NU, people couldn't find new works easily, and for the translators? It a great platform to promoting their novels and getting traffic for free, NU couldn't take money from the translators, so they make it off of ads? And what's wrong with? Just for you know, NU is a site created for fans to fans. Tony need some profits to keep making NU more easier to use. Hell, if you dont like NU, just go to some other place.

kenar and AliceShiki like this.
  10. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hotato you're missing the main point
    in this he is absolutely right

11. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF is a place of free speech. Beside that Reddit ban Qidian lmao. And NUF is popular and sorta well-known.

12. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Free speech is one thing but this is clearly a private thing brought to public attention in such unprofessional way...

13. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, it's unprofessional. Though Qidian the one that brought it up.

Got to wash my hand off this topic, I rather not be closed to the QI and WW war

kenar and AliceShiki like this.
  14. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats what aggregator do. if they cant do it, they better put some baby goat in it so we can watch baby goat crying.
    for fans to fans? whats the difference?. if you think NUF is so freedom to speech, why I cant made thread to post my rant. well, providing a place to people have some conflict isnt freedom of speech, its an act to gain profit. even in internet. are you even that dumb not to realize it? why the hell they provide for those two fighting if not for some traffic? its so ugly to see yet they still show it to everyone when they can prevent it. can you realize this point? why?

thats my point. yet some people really can see it. so sad.

15. Hotato

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, if you dont like it report it to the mods, why complain then? NUF is powerless, and beside that, it didn't go against their policy.

16. Ananse

Ananse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have any proof for your claims? It's like when people started saying that Qidian would do a paywall sooner or later- it might be true but until there's some hard facts to back up what you're saying it's just gonna get dismissed as mindless ramblings.

The real world does not work like that. RWX made the CN WN scene pretty big and yes, it's only natural to be grateful to him for doing so but this whole talk of repaying "debts" by picking sides is just down right ridiculous.

The money that Tony gets from ad's goes towards the site so that we can continue using this service. Have you ever tried to maintain a site this big? It's not cheap.

I severly doubt that seeing as how its not just your english that's terrible but your points too! :D

It does. You're just insulting NU for sticking to them.

kenar, Hotato and noob_senpai like this.
  17. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda curious why you said you cant get my point. you say you cant get my point yet you dont what you get from my post. are you trolling me? sorry I want to talk with civilized people, not some mindless troll like you. if you cant even point out a point, what is the point to reply my post except trolling.
    what do you expect from being aggregators in internet. sure its pricey, they should know the loss and gain from doing things like this. so your whole point isnt valid. maintenence was something crucial, if they dont maintain their web, they cant get ada revenue. I cant see yout point saying it to me. such a troll, leading my previous post to talk about it. cheap.

18. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a proof about Ren planning to create a paywall? You still haven't answered that. We would need to see something that backs that up to believe it.

Pizz0011 likes this.
  19. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was happen long time ago, the first time ren said he want to create wuxiaworld app. yet they cant find method of payment that everyone around the world can use freely. or something like premium app that contain no ads, the ads one is free. something like that.

20. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what you call "paywall" is actually just an additional option in an app that will just switch off the ads, but besides that it will grant you exactly the same access to the novels as the free version.
    I will have to break it to you: that's not what paywall is :blobexpressionless:

kenar, mrttao and Hotato like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.