Wuxiaworld's Formal Response (With Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    They certainly could have. But the scene has been pretty low key, so it wasn't really noticed by them. Only in the last year has it really taken off, meaning that sooner or later it would have been a problem.
    Which is why WW entered a contract with them to make it legal.
    If the rights where in the Authors hands, then QI would have no right to grant permission. Plus the typical terms are well known.

2. Zitka

Zitka New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no you don't own Shakespeare in Spanish, everyone else is entitled to do their own translation in Spanish should they want to. Though you own the rights of your translation work, in France translators have the same rights as authors afaik.

3. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, good job Ren and good luck. Never ever lose that fire even in court even if it's hopeless and evidence is stacked against you.Just keep on doubting and keep on questioning.

4. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopeless and evidence stacked against him? nah..

Doesn't need to doubt when he has the contract with him and definitely needs to question all of the time.

5. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    WW is a translation company. Their works are approved by original authors by contract stated that WW can do publish their translated works. If third party try to publish the contracted work on their site, WW can sue them big

6. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link

The most shocking news to me is how low GravityTales has fallen if they got one of their brainless sellouts doing PR for one of the most notoriously shady online novels companies... damn.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    TheOnlyRavenbrand likes this.
  7. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What? Who says anyone "got" Austin to work for QI?
    Who he chooses to work for is his own business.

I edit Martial World on Wuxiaworld, does that mean Gravity "got" me to? Our web developer is helping to build WW's new site, does that mean Gravity "got" him to? A couple of our editors work on projects for Volare Novels, does that mean Gravity "got" them to?

Ren himself has said that Gravity has done "Not a darn thing, and people who read on Gravity absolutely should continue to do so."

8. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, what I meant is that Gravity seems to be actively associated with at least one member that works for Qidian, doing their shady PR for them.
    He should be an Ex-Member of Gravity.

9. Jaspaaar

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fair enough.
    He doesn't actually do much on Gravity, he's not a translator or editor. I'll link to GGP's comment here. He used to keep the servers running last year and the year before.

Edit: I'll also link to Ren's comment here.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  10. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, seeing him calling himself a member of Gravity got me to misunderstand his role in Gravity... seems like he's barely involved now, although he's still technically a member. Was still shocking to me.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

TheOnlyRavenbrand and Jaspaaar like this.
  11. Jaspaaar

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, I can totally understand why it isn't too clear. I overreacted a bit so I'm sorry for that :)

TheOnlyRavenbrand and Kylarin like this.
  12. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate Era is not even owned by Qidian.. Yet they still upload it on their chinese site.

13. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure? Do you know who owns the original?

14. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Green Apple likes this.
  16. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, clearly me leaving for a short while invited the shortsighted fools to speak without looking up facts first. nevermind that the arguments posed above are based purely on the conjecture of an individual who has no knowledge to speak of in the topic he has chosen to contribute. why not do a little research? the guys who made the chinese qidian, left for certain reasons, formed another company, came back and then bought out and passed through a merger with the company they previously had to leave. ALL of this has been reported on before and shows exactly what kind of shady shit to expect from the people now ruling the QI portal. The big chinese companies don't care about money that's simply in the low millions, because wiping out a competitor is enough to ensure a much larger return to their own portfolio in the immediate future. do not try and support your narrow-sighted argument with CONJECTURE.

Also, WW has nothing it NEEDS to prove, not to people like you who still wouldn't be satisfied if a brick hit them in the face telling them to stop... NDA means that anything in the contracts can not be talked about. announcements regarding the deal was only made on one side and does not contain anything that would constitute a breach of NDA terms. Ren can talk about stuff not in the contract because they cannot be placed under the NDA rules, but that doesn't mean anything to people like you because you still won't be happy without proof, proof that you simply will never get as defined by law. proof that only the relevant courts and lawyers will be allowed to possess knowledge.

Now, in a previous post you claimed to be a graduate engineer, which no offense, but I doubt simply because I know not a single self-respecting graduate that would ever think that "spuf" is the correct spelling of spoof. And since I know you are going to slide back into this thread at a later date continuing to repeat yourself once again... I am just going to say it here and now, stop. no speculative argument you are capable of coming up with will merit QI or WW coming to YOU and explaining themselves. If i didn't know any better i would use your own words and assume you were a "corporate whore" who has been offered a worthless sum of money to come along and help a bunch of anons stir shit up just to make sure less people knew the facts of the situation. but I do know for a fact that any self respecting company (which DOES include chinese ones) would not hire a bunch of grade A amateurs to try and stir shit up. they have contacts to professionals, thus I know you just speak your own opinions. misguided though I may find them.

THERE IS NO CO-HOSTING AGREEMENT. <---- that tells you everything you need to know about QI's latest insane attempt to justify their actions. Stop asking for more facts to a fictitious agreement. people who actually pay attention to both sides involved would have seen WW's template contract that states exactly the function of the site and the rights of the translators. Anyone who has followed the hordes of QI vs WW threads shoved into the "mega merged" graveyard of ignorance, would have seen copies of the leaked default contracts that QI sends to its "prospective" new hires, the ones who I may point out, were NOT approached with lucrative deals promising 4x their going rate to other "typical" translators.

If a person cannot first dedicate themselves to reading up on a matter that is NOT new by any means, then they forfeit any right to throw about their uninformed opinions. >.>

I quite frankly don't believe that the BS going on so far is the stance of QI as a whole, to me it just seems like a bunch of money hungry pigs lost control of their own greed, stirring shit up in an attempt to prove themselves worthy of a promotion or pay-rise should it somehow manage to "succeed" as set a precedent. but that's my personal beliefs based on having seen everything happen as it played out, practically live on air.

The only people I believe should have any qualifications to continue making future QI or WW related threads, should be those on either side making their own announcements when something has been drawn to an accord. not community people seeking only to continue to rile up everyone...

18. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like WW should also start posting QI novels on their site. I bet 90% people will go to WW to read those novels. If QI are doing it so shamelessly WW should too.

19. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but I doubt lnmtl.com consider QI novels to be properly translated.

20. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really get your point there involving lnmtl.

Shadowdracul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.