Wuxiaworld's Formal Response (With Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm Where did Lnmtl come from in this conversation?

2. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damnit I failed to get my point across.. I meant WW do not host subpar or low quality translation & QI translation quality is so bad that not lnmtl.com want to host them along with their machine translated chapters.

3. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lnmtl though , never regards quality of the overall work as a requirement.

4. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I guess I also forgot to mention that it was a joke on QI translation quality.

oblueknighto and Kylarin like this.
  5. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    As we've found out multiple times in this thread, sarcasm is not very appreciated here in this forum... ppl take things literally 'round these parts :D

6. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpats: Thank you for reminding me. :sweating_profusely:

7. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that we dont appreciate it , but that its not always obvious.

8. ShojiroKatsuragi

ShojiroKatsuragi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sarcasm tells lie in the tone of voice, as such sarcasm isn't all that easy to spot in text formats.

9. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    well... text savvy people know to use italics to convey sarcasm on the words of choice >.> but you can't expect the typical forum goer to be able to tell you are being sarcastic. hell, my family uses sarcasm all the time and my little sister STILL doesn't notice when we are being sarcastic, even when we make it blatantly obvious we are mocking her xD

10. Shratath

Shratath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is Austin ??? :blobunsure:

11. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    A nobody that used to do some work from Gravity Tales back in the day.

Shratath likes this.
  12. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    QI is teaching us the incantation. Not with poses nor songs but by lies.

13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's machiavellian alright. At the end of the day, the user of such account is just a user on the whim of his/her employer. Skip to 6:09 of this video:

14. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before this co-hosting scenario, I wanted to cheer for every group (including Qidian), but now after knowing all this, it's hard to believe how anyone can support them without their conscience bothering them.

Hope Qidian gets torn to pieces. I am activating my ad-block.

15. zentetsuken

Reading List:
    Link
    QI want traffic not revenue, turning ad-block on still gave QI what it wants. Only by boycotting QI in entirely can we as users hurt that thing.

Mangochic likes this.
  16. HKfilmer

HKfilmer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Warned for spam
    From what I gathered

1. Wuxiaworld broke Qidian contract by refusing to take down stuff from Patreon. The Wuxiaworld contract with Qidian only allow Wuxiaworld to host novels on Wuxiaworld. Qidian lawyers asked Wuxiaworld to take this down and Wuxiaworld said no. Ren said that "they do have a legal point there."

From that long thread about the Voice Recording

Voice Recording 1
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s08WpFomfmLj

From the audio: "

the authorizations only allow you to put on Wuxiaworld and you are putting stuff on Patreon. And I said no no I am not. No, these are translators doing it. So there is back and forth and they want to take the stuff down. For the new guys without know. Eventually we are going...

They do have a legal point there. Take down Patreon stuff and move them in house. So that would be part of 1.0 or 2.0 of the new website.

We will be moving in house. But They might be a fast about being a little bitch about this thing. They are saying oh our lawyers are going after it, we can't stop the lawyers, nobody can stop the lawyers. Whatever. Let's see. I don't know.

There are a lot of ways we can play. Ways we can play around with this stuff. Like moving stuff into Wuxiaworld server and just have account on Patreon then pages on Wuxiaworld and the pages of Wuxiaworld are still free to read but just limited books but look if they want to fuck around they are let us fuck around with them because I don't.

But yeah. I will do.

Eventually we want everything in house but there are a lot of ways we can play with them and if they want to play nice we play nice but they are being bitches so let's do what we can within the scope of the power that we have.

The copyrights things going to bogging down. I don't think they will start DMCA anytime soon. If they do, I have many ways to deal with it. You guys don't have to worry about that. I will assume the legal responsibility as well as take charge of fighting against anything they are doing.

Slow down with copyrights and Patreon we might need to do some funkiness in the coming months.

Anymore questions about the effect of the Qidian investment breaking down and the ripply effect of that

Voice Recording 2
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1poFvsBLTwC

Ren said something about how Qidian was going to invest a lot of money into Wuxiaworld. But Wuxiaworld backed out because it was unfavorable to translators.

http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/2398547/

Love to, but he seems to have deleted everything? Reading from your screenshots, here's a few brief replies -
    1) I've never called those contracts 'slaves contracts' (check my post history, I don't delete anything); what other people want to call them is their business. All I have said will say is that I believe the Wuxiaworld model is better, and that disagreements with them about contracts with translators was one of the reasons why we opted not to accept their investment. To put it another way - they offered to put lots of money into Wuxiaworld, but I declined because of this issue.

2. The negotiation broke down.

3. Qidian 1st Announcement about how the 20 novels on Wuxiaworld should be dual-host on Qidian. And asked Wuxiaworld to remove the 11 unlicensed Qidian novels.

4. Wuxiaworld Reply that he has an oral agreement on these 11 unlicensed Qidian novels.

5. 4 Qidian novels moved from Wuxiaworld to Qidian because Qidian hold the copyrights. The other 7 novels stay on Wuxiaworld.

6. Wuxiaworld DMCA Qidian Android app (early July I believe)

7. 3-4 weeks later, Qidian announced that per the agreement with Wuxiaworld for the 20 novels license, they can dual-host the novels on their site.
    As part of the agreement Qidian has had the ability to host the novels translated by Wuxiaworld, up until now we have chosen not to, as this time "we", Qidian international, have decided that it would be in the best interested of the novel community if we offered an alternative for reading the agreed upon novels.

8. Qidian also DMCA Wuxiaworld over unlicensed novels

Anyway, a lot of drama. When the trial is over, all the juicy details will come out.

17. DoumaSomi

DoumaSomi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, he needs to pretend to be another supporter for QI in his own account. I mean like have u seen their supporters how they join in their lies.

18. Kraithen

Kraithen New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looks like Qidian is now forcing ads on user to read the novel
    i guess now WW has the way better ad application on their side =D
    @ Qidian Fans because of the low profile ads i guess it your argument ist now killed =D

19. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    The destroyer of worlds... :blobsmirk:

Shratath likes this.
  20. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    From this giant set of random comments all doing personal attacks the issue is really simple. Qidian has the rights to the untranslated version of the novels. Apparently their was a dual hosting part of the agreement in the licensing of the 20 qidian novels on wuxiaworld. So that means under that agreement you get to dual host, and wuxiaworld is licensed for those 20.

Now for whatever reasons qidian acted against wuxiaworld for adding more novels. They annulled the agreement and decided to start on their legal campaign against wuxiaworld. The motives are irrelevant at the moment what is important is the agreement was annulled by legal action. Using the car analogy that was brought up. Qidian owns the plans, they don't own the steel, nor the actual cars themselves.

Qidian is entitled to stopping all translations currently happening as they own the untranslated versions. But they are not entitled to the parts of the car nor the actual car themselves. That is protected, so they are currently seeking to buy those. If Qidian wanted wuxiaworld to stop all translations and they themselves start from scratch that was what they are entitled. This started the moment they annulled their agreement with wuxiaworld.

The best choice at this point would be for someone to back down. Wuxiaworld or Qidian needs to cut losses, because regardless of where this goes it won't be pretty. From a business point of view, Wuxiaworld will ultimately lose. They are based in China, and China loves to help out big businesses.

But Qidian international has done nothing short of rash and wishy washy actions. If they wanted a monopoly they should have forced it from the beginning. They should have said no more translations, then served a DMCA on everyone translating Qidian novels. Then those that adhered would be given safe passage to qidian, those who didn't would be scraped. Then they could cut their losses and start translations over or even drop them.

All they have done is made themselves seem hypocritical, drag things out unnecessarily, and attempted to humanize themselves. But fundamentally a company is not human at all, it's money and they should act like it. No need for personal attacks, nor lies just say it is business. The best provider would ultimately be Qidian international, they just need to hope that over time wuxiaworld would decline. But in their wishy washy actions they've just built a strong reputation of hate.

I hope that the translators at wuxiaworld, and Ren either drop their works or bring it over to Qidian. No more wishy washy actions, no more half measures, Only full measures allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.