Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if the player base is large enough some of those game devs will add a color blind option to swith colors around so at least those players can see the other player's outline so its not unfair in PVP.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kibortwaria could you apologize for the nonsense I just had to read?
    @2835476 Do not ever call yourself Artemis Fowl.

Lonelycity, TrueLiesLost and NeaxD like this.
  3. 2835476

2835476 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that depends on who and how they are asking or commanding... I am a rather rebellious guy
    By Artemis Fowl

4. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> I'm being quite serious. That is quite literally painful for me to see. (I am not even using my authority as mod, as a human being, I do not want to ever see that ever again)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. 2835476

2835476 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you should put me in some kind of ignore list or something because i don't feel like i have to stop just because you feel that it is painful to see it(In what way you haven't explained)

I find it rather fun to say Artemis Fowl and sounds kind of cool, so i think i will stick with my decision.

By Artemis Fowl

6. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    @kibortwaria What possible profit would we have from this nonsense? The ad revenue generated by NU is spent primarily to pay off server costs for NU and NUF. NUF makes literally nothing. The rest is for Tony is to use as he sees fit. Neither Qidian nor WuxiaWorld has offered us money or anything for that matter. If we were dumb and greedy enough to accept money from either side, you wouldn't be seeing the opposite side on NU.

If you think we're keeping the drama around just for the views on the forum, our viewcount for NUF went up maybe 5% the first day of this drama, and then fall off to normal levels. People get tired of drama quickly. As to why we don't ban Qidian or Wuxiaworld from NUF, there's no reason to. Rather we're providing a essential space for there to have communication back and forth. NU is separate from NUF. NU follows its own rules and is meant to be neutral. NUF on the hand, can never be neutral and is meant as a place for discussion. Unlike Reddit, people can actually inform themselves here.

As for us living off the crumbs of the translations community? uh...dude, it's a mutual relationship. If we wanted to we could charge people for stuff or put a ton of ads in, or hide links behind adfly. We don't cause we aren't dicks.

If you can't tolerate how NU/NUF is operating, there's plenty of other sites that do the same thing NU does. Go to them instead. Also, without proof, please do not question the integrity of the staff here. You'll embarrass yourself.

Artemis Fowl is a brilliant criminal mastermind who managed to defeat beings that possess technology beyond humanity and magic. You are clearly not a criminal mastermind from one of my favorite book series.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
    Lonelycity, Hotato, Bottle and 7 others like this.
  7. 2835476

2835476 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i was not trying to please you in any way, so i don't understand the dilemma here.
    Artemis Fowl books were some of the earliest books that i started reading and one of my favorite MCs. I can use his name if i think that is interesting to me. And i have never claimed to be a mastermind or even a criminal one....

I guess you just wanted to find some fault with me, well there is plenty of faults to go around i am not perfect :)

Lonelycity likes this.
  8. Daruda

Daruda [Heavenly Frog] [Grumpy] [Contemplative]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't understand what's the problem guys, really.

NU has no relation to WW/QI.
    NU is neutral, they won't take parts in any dispute, so don't try to annoy the mods about this.

Wrong, right, it's not NU's problem, it just shows links and gives a space to discuss things.

Hotato likes this.
  9. gr8 b8 m8

gr8 b8 m8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey lads, don't talk with crazies.

Aiiee likes this.
  10. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the last 5 pages, all I get is

• NU is an agg site BUT it is a good agg site that provides traffic to those it agg.
    • Agg site that hosted releases not links is bad & in NUF we don't talk about bad things
    Then there the whole semantics argument about opinion.

For me, the most interesting thing was someone didn't ignore junglelucian but instead ignore another user..

Man, I seriously thought junglelucian was the worst.. was I wrong?

11. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dudeeeee.... I never said about ad revenue. I said about traffic and how much the website worth. dont you see the point here? you will gain profit from hosting those two fight no matter what the result is.

and yeah, you can talk all you want about statistic, but lets get real here. every fighting thread about those two will create amazingly number of views compared to other thread here. did your statistic mean anything here?

dude, sory. just dont sugarcoating what you should become what you could. its your choice to run the website, you dont need become a dick to get profit. can you see what I mean? its not about how you work your website, but why you let those two host the fight here. and here, I hope a senior staff could see my point, but seems like he cant. and stop trying to separate NU and NUF just because things get messy here, some people try to defend NU because they are hardcore fans of NUF, at least respect them. I lost a friend because of this, and now you want to cut off the cancerous part that some people defend it like their life? sure, pretty nice of you here.

12. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF has no ads. Tell me how we make profit.
    Again, NUF has no ads. Tell me how we make profit.
    I truly have no idea what you're trying to get at near the end of this paragraph (?). As I've said before, we let them argue it out cause that's how we obtain information about what's going on rather than relying on hearsay. There's absolutely no reason to not allow them here. This place would have inevitably become a battlefield regardless cause of the fans on both sides. Are you telling me we should have censored and suppressed all news about the current drama? As for separating NU and NUF...why not? They are completely separate entities.

Lonelycity likes this.
  13. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude.... why are you still pointing ads as the mean to get profit? what I said is traffic, are you this ignorant? and if you ask how traffic can be a profit. well just think about it clearly, its pretty much like an investment, you wont get it now, but you will definitely get it later. the profit I of course.

just like you said, this place should host the fight betwen fans vs fans. not the one who involved in it directly. think about it clearly, you let those Qi and WW fight and directly involving them with the community by hosting those fight here, what you should expect? are you hoping you can take clear stance without getting involved? thats the reason why I question NUF about it. you cant become just a by stander from hosting those two fight and present it to community. if you did things like these, its a common for people think you have ulterior motive, people keep their quo status because they want to observe those sides who fight. so I ask, what NU reason for the quo? what are you expect from did this thing?

14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> Seriously? Like I said, the traffic went back to normal in the days following the start of the drama. Perhaps I am ignorant, because I can't seem to understand why you think we'll randomly reap profit from this in the future if it didn't change our average traffic.
    yep. that's what we've been doing. unfortunately, other people prefer making conspiracies.
    well...seeing as how only 3-4 people have ever said anything about so far (excluding Reddit), I don't think it's that common.
    Our reason? For one thing, it's not something for us to interfere in. Also, as I've said numerous times already, NU is separate from NUF. For our NU users, we remain neutral so that they are not affected. As for NUF, I will reiterate. We just want the facts directly from the people involved. There is no other benefit for us. There are also no demerits to allowing them to fight it out here, regardless of what you say. Our intentions would only be called into question if we prevented one side from making any response here. Either allowing both of them to respond here or neither should not elicit any of the issues you believe it would.

Lonelycity and shellshocked like this.
  15. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kibortwaria entire argument seems to be based on the "Might one day.." imo that kills his entire point. Trying to argue the What ifs of something that may happen is a fail argument to start with. Pizzagate level bullshit going on here with his conspiracies. I think he should just shut up till it actually happens then he can come in here all gungho saying he was right till then he just spewing out bullshit like most conspiracy theorists do.

From what he is implying so far he seems to think Tony is going to one day sellout to QI and become its lapdog and start heavily supporting it on these forums. So like I said earlier he is making fail attempts at rallying people around his banner to unite against this before it happens. God damn delusional blind idiots. I hate conspiracy theorists for this reason.
    your 2nd point? I do not understand. People here do not link to the bad aggs or talk about it so people do not visit those sites because they usually actually steal translations and host it on the agg site itself for ad revenues. I am still not sure if I understood the point you were trying to make correctly.

16. Bottle

Bottle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I can't believe this is still going. kibortwaria has been going for days. Honestly, NUF has nothing to do with QI or WW's choices. Why the hate?

17. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so are you saying that you let those two fight because you hope for that 5% spike to happen again? I just draw some conclusion from what you are saying. just like people above me saying that all the thing I said is invalid because its an assumption. well. everything start from assumption, if you all people assume that I just saying my assumption, why I cant do that too?

well, just because you dont see it doesnt mean it isnt there. are you preffer 200 dynamics ip saying same shit? well, in my little circle, most of them agree with my point. if you want all of them to post here, maybe i can convince them. but why I should do that? it wont help anyone, just a mass flamming, and considering your staff, it might not enough.

well, you can say everything you want. but dont forget you can use NU id for NUF, you cant deny it, its the purpose that different, everything else is the same.

18. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Again you never told us how we make a profit. Are you saying that NUF and NU use the same ip address or something? Because they don't.

Btw all mods make no money moderating both NU or NUF so we gain literally nothing from the "increased" traffic from this drama.

shellshocked likes this.
  19. Bottle

Bottle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get it right. The forum doesn't have ads. It doesn't generate revenue.

20. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lonelycity, Hotato, Rule71 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.