Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ever heard sponsorship? investment? ive seen some forum growing miraclously because of traffic, not ads, and its happen because those investment and sponsorship. more traffic means more people come and bye, it will increase the site value.

well, I never talk about you get any profit. I know most of growing moderator forum wont get any pay. thats why some people dont want to get it hard for them. I come to say my statement and clear my confusion, well thats all.

2. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's talking about non-ad traffic derived profit, the only answer is selling the site. And you'd need an actual lasting trend for any such valuation to increase.

Hotato and shellshocked like this.
  3. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay sure. But why should we ban Qidian from NU when they themselves have legitimate translators that have novels that people want to read.

The main purpose of NU is for users to keep track of their novels more easily. As for the matter fact many NU users don't give a dam about the QI drama. Sure a lot nuf users care but the amount of NU users compared to nuf is huge. Why punish the users for things they didn't do themselves?

Hotato and Logicsol like this.
  4. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but i think that guy is saying to not host other QIvsWW topic. But maybe i'm wrong. It's not in forum topic that you can solve an issue as big as it is between those site.(But that's my personal and opinable opinion).

5. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dudee, I just say state your stance, stay true to community or become qidian. I never say you should ban qidian, why I would do that? all I say is state your stance, dont be a neutral after all the mess that happen here. its more wise if you start censoring things that happen betwen them, why you give those two stage here? most people dont want to know, they want free stories to read and translators to tip.

well in my opinion you punish all of us when you let those two take stage here. why you let them did this to us? its better if you just become aggregators, a very good one at that, is my point that hard to understand?

its pretty tiring, two days staying on NUF, just to get an answer from all things that happened.

6. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You understood my 2nd point loud & clear. NUF mods have in the past censored/edited/removed any links to agg site (that copy-paste translation on agg site instead of linking it to TL site), that said I'm not so sure what's mod attitude toward agg site thats only links to tl site, so 1 would infer (from mods action) agg site is a banned subject in NUF. Hence agg site (1 host novels) are bad & we don't talk about them (their links)

7. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Is neutral not a stance?

8. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well it's easier to just blanket ban first then check every single website. Also I think most forums have rules against advertising or promoting your own website. I think this sites mainly for promoting translation of novels and original novels. But in the end agg sites probably just get a blanket ban to save the hassle of going to each site to see if its like NU and if its Like NU might as well use NU.

I think his problem is there is no such thing as being neutral. its either you pick a side QI or WXW or you ban both out of the forums. No staying out of it and letting people do their thing and have discussions. Pretty much that Poster is saying it's his way or the highway but people or at least me are like Fk off with your bullshit of trying to teach others your "right" way.

9. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, my point is dont disturb the community anymore by hosting those two fight here. its better if they settle it in court, not in forum that the community can see. as for stance, no, neutral aint stance. especially when the mess happened in your place, and you let it out, even impacting the community.

10. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    This forum is suppose to be chill with many things. This also why you see a lot of "shit post" threads, do they get locked all the time? Ofc if things get out of hand and that is where we step in. The drama between QI and WW and its users is perfectly normal. The only time we interrupted the discussion is when users started using vulgar language and flaming each other.

You know what my personal stance is? I don't give a dam about this drama. I don't even read any novels translated by Qidian or Wuxia World.

11. shellshocked

shellshocked Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one's disturbed except you.
    Everyone else is munching on popcorn. Or holding their heads, because conversing with someone who is not only bad at English but bad at conveying their ideas is rotting their brains.
    And yes, neutral is a stance. See: Belgium in both world wars.

Hotato and NeaxD like this.
  12. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeag sure, said someone that say "because conversing with someone who is not only bad at English but bad at conveying their ideas is rotting their brains.". please dont embarass yourself any further.

are you saying QI vs WW at same level as shitpost? wow, many people affected by it and you said it is a shitpost. well, I know you can act shamelessly, but to say something that become a concern for many people is a shitpost? aint that a little too far?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  13. shellshocked

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone in China knows that western barbarians are shameless. So how can I be embarrassed.

Hotato and NeaxD like this.
  14. kaisersose

Reading List:
    Link
    Again with the war, where 100 milion people died, what this have to do with this topic? enlighten me please.
    Go and see what your example bring to
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_Belgium

15. shellshocked

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, just a little matter about how neutrality apparently is not a stance. Except it is. From the article itself:
    "The neutrality of Belgium had been guaranteed by the Treaty of London (1839)"

16. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean I think he just pointing out neutrality is a stance might not have worked out for belgium there and might not always be the best stance but it's a stance a person or group can take. I do not think the actual history was his point.

shellshocked likes this.
  17. kaisersose

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i know that but his ex is a bad one. And the link above prove it

18. shellshocked

Reading List:
    Link
    Being neutral doesn't mean being safe, you know.

19. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he dont even know what he writte. what do you expect?

20. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get you. It might not be the best way but it still points out netural is a stance that can be taken. it does not need to do much other than that to prove his point. People or groups can be neutral. only thing that history does is sometimes being neutral can blown up in your face but you can ignore that part for the discussion happening here.

edit: well actually now that I think about Kibor is saying tony is the devil that will submit to QI or to greed? So it might apply in a derpy bullshitty if you delude yourself way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.