GGP is Lying; Gravity Is Owned by China Reading (QI)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Truck-kun, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonnen

sonnen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smoke a lot of cigarettes

2. BlazeKing

BlazeKing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean its not like QI can tank more than it already has. QI pretty much relying on Gravity for their traffic seeing how they've already moved half their novels to GT.

3. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

sonnen likes this.
  4. revenantone

revenantone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

man i use to love the Game boy TCG for pokemon

Kahzel likes this.
  5. Kahzel

Kahzel [Translator of pure fluffyness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Steal it from the counter. :blobfearful:

6. Vartio

Vartio The original Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh if QI tanks it's no huge thing off Tencept or whatever that company's name is is arse. They'll just force terminate, pay WuxiaWorld off for the forced breach of contract, then C&D the everloving shit out of every Qidian/Tencept Novel translation so that nobody in the West can publish it. I mean China is already an isolationist country, they could give a rat's ass about losing some cash. I mean, I won't lie, I worked for an Online game ran by a Chinese company for a while as one of their moderators. Was not pleasant hearing what their PR person thought about us Americans. We're a cheap buck where even the poor have a spare $40+ at any time to blow on even the most mundane things.

7. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure that THAT really isn't healthy ...

8. CvkHawk1547

CvkHawk1547 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that is the fastest way to get cancer.
    XD

9. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, Nintendo canceled Starfox 2 that was 100% completed, stole the code and assets from the developers they contracted, Argonaut (outside of Nintendo). and then released their own version of it later using (according to the developer working on Starfox 2 at the time) 30% of their code and assets. :D They did a few other dodgy things too and there was a bit of Drama between Argonaut and Nintendo at the time... if you wanna know more just PM me, maybe I can find the sources, been a while since I read up on that xD

EDIT: Also! Completly forgot xD ... Starfox 2 is just now being actually released on the SNES mini that Nintendo is bringing out, even tho they cancelled it and cut ties with the creators, Argonaut Games.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Kahzel likes this.
  10. revenantone

Reading List:
    Link
    i understand that entirely.. i did an apprenticeship at Gravity Interactive back when rose online was being developed. i had to spend alot of time around the developers and often had to listen to them make cheap comments on american gamers to them were nothing but piggybanks they can cash out at anytime if they manipulate the game for it.

11. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though it's an initial offer or a draft, I'm pessimistic about it since the initial offer was 90%. I know someone who negotiated contracts and could move that by 20-30%. Too far from less than 50% so GGP could retain control. I'm just waiting for GGP's word about this, though.

@Pizz0011
    Remember to archive everything. archive.is or waybackmachine

Pizz0011 likes this.
  12. BlazeKing

BlazeKing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah they probably don't care if they lose money from this industry. They have plenty of other things that can make up that loss in a few minutes.

13. revenantone

Reading List:
    Link
    you may be waiting a while i think GGP is still on the toilet, that document is cleaning him out

Kanna Kamui likes this.
  14. Vartio

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I was working for that SD Gundam "Card Game" thing. (Found it's website just now, wasn't all that hard). I was one of the more experienced/helpful members in the community on the F2P end for my server. Hooo boy.

15. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GGP should just state whatever the truth is (whether or not he sold a % of GT to China Reading/QI).

In the end, whenever China Reading does make statements about its assets (in future earnings statements), it will reveal the truth, so just getting everything out in the open is in GGP and GT's best interests...

Mangochic likes this.
  16. revenantone

Reading List:
    Link
    for me i quit 2 months in, i couldnt deal with how they handled things. developer tools were handed to the GM's who near daily screwed code up left and right on server files leading to apprentice or not having to help fix the problem daily while devs continued work as normal... it was exceptionally shitty to deal with.

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp... gravity is dead anyway..
    So who cares?!
    With most of their translator being absorbed to qidian or just leave right away..
    Were in the space era now!

Araska Mada likes this.
  18. Vartio

Reading List:
    Link
    Said this a bit ago, but we're suspecting the guy of lying to our faces. We can't trust if he's going to NOT lie when he 'states whatever the truth is'. The only 'truth' at this point a good amount of the userbase would believe is "I sold out", because that doesn't favor him, and it's more believeable when someone (editted: Accused of lying) claims bad things happen to them.

As I said last page: We've already all made our opinions, and being accused of lying with a very good basis for the accusation, it would take serious proof to legitimately convince the pragmatic/realist individuals otherwise.

19. sonnen

sonnen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Off topic question: is there a dao of virginity or a dao of blushing because almost every novel I read the MC performs these mysterious techniques well except Yun Che he goes beast mode on the female protagonist then he uses the dao of deflection to evade prosecution

Araska Mada likes this.
  20. revenantone

Reading List:
    Link

unfortunately ggp wont produce any evidence of the contrary becuase it would be a conflict of interest considering how qi's parent company also abides by if you sign with us we own you and your opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.