Wuxiaworld's Formal Response (With Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is known as HighJayster old account from reddit. then switch to Goodguyperson

HighJayster, Goodguyperson are same person who made Gravity Tales.

2. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    No, from what the GravityTales people said Austin is/was a tech guy for GT. GGP and @HighJayster are not the same person.
    Even if this is a troll, misinformed people might believe it.

doubledd and Myriadfold like this.
  3. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

4. syc

syc [ 空白 ]

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

5. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I see. so having a brother who can tell me how the law works isn't good enough to know what is valid in court. Also, I notice how you accused Ren, an ex-chinese diplomat of being unable to converse in a professional capacity. If you want to criticise my response perhaps you should actually read the entire thing? maybe you would have noticed that logic and civility is lost on some people when they insist on making up facts.

now I do have to correct you, because we already know where WW is based and where QI is based. makes it quite obvious which courts would have to be used if not the US courts (based solely on the URL domains.). also, the laws being broken are not just american, they are international which is something china had to agree to if they wanted to be allowed to trade with the rest of the world.

so as far as your facts go, you haven't actually countered a single one of my points. you have merely argued them in a limited fashion.

p.s: verbal contracts are actually much more binding than you give them credit. especially between parties with additional previous written contracts and agreements.

Pizz0011 likes this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    this would not have exploded so big if everything was exposed as it was happening, but with so many contract and NDA in them not many could talk about it.
    qidian is just making these moves to sweep all the novels into their library in one swoop. and with all these underhanded moves they only succeeded in making themselves look dirty backstabbing crooked and the west has no time for your plots and schemes.

Pizz0011 likes this.
  7. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    This is 100% false.

HighJayster and Austin are the same person, and an old website admin for GT.

Goodguyperson is the creator and owner of GT and a totally different person.

8. HighJayster

HighJayster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is that exact stupid wrong information spreading that starts rumors. Me and GGP are completely different people.

9. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no country where a translation gives you direct publication rights, unless the source material is public domain.

Translations are separate derivative works, the translation iteslf has it's own copyright, owned by the translator, but it can not be published without authorization from the original's rights holder.
    However the original's rights holder also can not use the translation, as they do not own the copy right to it.

In WW's case, their contract with the their translators only grants them publication rights, it doesn't transfer it to them. Furthermore it's specific to WW, and and specifies that any other use must be approved by the TL and will have a separate contract covering it.

Stormingtiger101 and Sherrynity like this.
  10. Rinchan

Rinchan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did read the entire thing, but I still don't see why it should make anyone drop away from civility.

My only thought, regarding your brother, is that he's doesn't actually care about this and thus only knows the limited scope you've conveyed to him, and as such can only give some limited information.

I don't really know much about Ren, and frankly I don't really care to find out. I was just typing an example of what QI could be doing, but I don't see why you're taking it so personally? I stopped reading WW when I finished all of their translations, couldn't be patient enough and killed my brain with MTL, and recently I only ever really read AC from WW... which now moved from WW, and after the ad wall, all interest kind of faded... So... if there's more to learn about the people of WW, from WW forums or here, I haven't been on NUF or WW long enough to be that invested.

I'm just morally offended by QI simply because, shoot, it's bad business practice to so publicly and flagrantly attempt to slap someone with your wallet like QI is doing.

P.s. verbal agreements are much more legally binding when there's physical proof regarding their existence. Pre existing contracts and agreements give higher credibility to the existence of written agreements, but not as to the exact nature or wording of the verbal agreement itself.

All of this is true, but...

:oops:Sorry, to be honest, I don't really recall what I was trying to prove with my paragraph there :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:. I think I was trying to give ways in which maybe QI was trying to argue but god, I should stop typing posts while on the toilet :facepalm:.

Time to return to the popcorn sect. :blobpopcorn:

Sherrynity likes this.
  11. Yggdrasil108

Yggdrasil108 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, didn't think that this thread would still be alive

12. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, man. Can you just, I don't know, splash your head with a bucket of water to cool down? I somehow get a bad vibe as if you guys are trying to bash each other?

....or maybe it's just me who get it wrong.

13. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    That's mostly DaoFox taking everything personally and treating Ren like a god. Ren is the better alternative, we know Ren won't intentionally fuck us over. But in the long run things aren't looking good, QI can retaliate easily but wuxiaworld is stuck on the receiving. This looks like it will most likely end up with wuxiaworld having to take down all 31 qidian novels. What the translators do after that is up to them. But the change won't necessarily be bad, wuxiaworld would be free of the qidian bullshit. I am just scared about 17k and zongheng, although they authorized it. They could always pull a qidian, the best sign of that would be building their own site. Which currently doesn't exist, and lets hope it never does....

Sherrynity likes this.
  14. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your statements were more akin to "Dead is looming on us , so lets not live."

zentetsuken and Haevrus like this.
  15. zh0lvin

zh0lvin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. It's not 100% bad, but it's still 99% bad haha
    Problem is, like you said, NOTHING can stop 17k and zongheng from doing the same thing once their novel become popular... thanks to WW.

The patern is always the same : some unknown novel/editor receive free advertising (thanks to japtem or WW for exemple) => become popular => licencing problem => the "free comunity" is doomed to find another unknown novel/editor... loop loop :rolleyes:

16. kineticblast

kineticblast Very Unprofessional Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to agree this is the problem of working with big companies. Wuxiaworld just doesn't have the power to negotiate for much. I would want wuxiaworld world to do what gravity is doing. Shifting more towards original creations, if the webnovel scene internationally improves. Then a lot of this bullshit will disappear but right now original creations is a small scene.

Sherrynity likes this.
  17. Viddvik

Viddvik Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May be i am not quite a lawyer (only 3 courses of the faculty of jurisprudence), and I live in Russia, and I know more only with the Russian legislation. But, since I have already been on WW a year and a half (well, yes, just a little time), i am very attached to WW, and still want to express my opinion.
    There will be a lot of text, my own English very badly, and i use google to help, so I apologize in advance.

I do not know much of the situation, so I will write only from what I understood and read. If I understood correctly - Qidian, without the permission of the WW and his translators, transfers some translations of his novels to his site. In this case, the Qidian himself does not agree with anyone, even with the author of the work itself. I do not know how abroad, we have a branch of law called "intellectual property right" (like it is everywhere, but I have no idea). There is a kind of this right that is important to us right now - Copyright. Let's drop everything that we do not need from him, and pull out this - in accordance with this right, the author of the work has a group of rights called "Exclusive Rights to Works", according to which he has the right to use his work on his own Discretion, and to do with him any actions that do not contradict the law. From this right we see that the author has the right to act in the form of "translation or other processing of the work."
    Also, there is a certain type of contracts - a license agreement. Under this agreement, the author of the work may transfer part of his exclusive rights to the work - to another person. In particular, the right to translate or otherwise reproduce the work. In Russia, this agreement is concluded in writing between the parties, as well as subject to state registration. As far as I know, WW concluded similar contracts between each other (a group of translators) and each individual author, thereby acquiring the right to translate the work.

But everything depends on the content of the contract - if the right is "exclusive", and in the contract it is written that only the WW, or a specific translator, has the right to translate this novel - then there is nothing to catch Qidian, and everything is easily proved. If the right is "non-exclusive", then Tsidian can easily begin the translation of the novel on his own, HOWEVER! The translation of the novel is also an intellectual property, and without the approval of an interpreter they do not have the right to use this translation. And then even the opinion of the original author of the work is not even important - even if he takes away the right to translate, the intellectual property obtained by his right (that is, the translated text himself) is already the intellectual property of the translator.

And about the court - I know that under the World Intellectual Property Organization, there is an Arbitration and Mediation Center. He solves most of the problems associated with intellectual property.

If I made a mistake in something, or I made a complete mistake in my judgments, ask me to forgive, I do not have much practice, so I judge very mediocrely. And I do not know much in international law, and certainly in civil law and intellectual property rights of other states.

Pizz0011 and shellshocked like this.
  18. Lemonadez

Lemonadez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should i believe you?. why not Login on your @Qidian

19. doubledd

doubledd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um Dude. They are different people. I am ex-Gravity Staff. I know for a fact that they're different people.

20. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While they are different people,

They are clearly cut from the same cloth!

Can anyone be blame for not trusting or believe anything that came out of their mouth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.