GGP is Lying; Gravity Is Owned by China Reading (QI)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Truck-kun, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if i have to tell you guys the truth i'll admire him. You Know, starting from a fan site, doing something you like (illegally) he hits tha frigging jackpot and now he can even work for/with the major CN novel Company.

2. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    They do tl-ing and keep the already tled chapter on google doc. Only their tler , editor and some chosen people can view this. What latest chapter you read currently might be from last month :whistle:

3. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is that relevant at all? having chapters saved up and ready to post just means he worked hard translating more than the required amount per week. Id say its smart have some in reserve in case there are delays.

4. Vartio

Vartio The original Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is another nail in the coffin of not only public opinion about QI, but GT as well. I really am not all that surprised. Flags were popping up worse than an episode of Iron-Blooded Orphans, and GGP was due to be Shino'd. For those who don't get it: Guy tried to appear a badass, he damn well could have been a badass... annnd then by sheer luck, his pooch got screwed, and he had to come clean. And depending on POV from a scene after that, well, Shino probably don't have many fans amongst conservative Christians, just like GGP no longer has many fans after one of his own translators confirmed he lied to their face when he came out of the closet.

I honestly wish that all this bull wasn't going on, but I think this goes to show how deep corruption runs when it comes to monopoly-class entities thinking they can run the whole freaking virtual world, and the greed of those wanting in on that monopoly.

Well, on a good note, hopefully the manga translators for BTTH don't hire GGP.

Hahhaa and noob_senpai like this.
  5. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    When you have more than 100 stocked chapters but charging exorbitant patreon goal to your fans on the name "for community".

6. KIZUKI

KIZUKI 〈Shem's Minion〉《Fish licker》

Reading List:
    Link
    Truck-kun......investigating is not your forte, go back making some character be teleported or reincarnated to a different world, that's your forte

IOUmoney likes this.
  7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    well, I stand by my previous comment. For now I will continue to read my limited titles on GT solely for the fact they are not QI.

It's a bitch to find such open two-faced behavourity, but ultimately I never cared a whit for GT in itself. I simply have a momentary interest in a few of the series they host and at the first sign of things changing drastically I can just add GT to the group exception filter like I did QI.

ps: if there is really so many chapters in storage then the patreon should simply cancel their support for him. this is no longer "supporting bonus content" but simply "milking the customers dry"

8. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only light hearted joke i can make from this is Truck-kun claims yet another victim. (reference to OP and how most isekai get started).

Maybe truck-kun will send GGP back in time (2nd chance) and build his light novel empire.

Sigh........

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    kibortwaria and Hahhaa like this.
  9. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And now it all becomes clear as to why Qidian was so aggressive against those 11 novels WW added beyond their original 20 novels. Most of those novels came from GT. A company it already (or would soon have ) 90% stake in.

It seems Qidian is bound and determined to lose all credibility or positive reputation within the international community. The international community is not stupid nor does it like being treated like it is.

I'm finished with GT and Qidian. Any novels I like reading that are published on their websites I will GO OUT OF MY WAY to read on aggregate or any other site that does not give revenue to GT or Qidian.

I apologize to the translators of any series that I will keep reading illegally. Your hardwork is appreciated just not through your publisher choice. With the current status of Qidian and GT I won't even feel sorry about reading the translations illegally! You have ruined any goodwill I may have had previously.

10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    We might as well lock this one since irs been answred and there's a new response thread.

Kylarin likes this.
  11. Dark Omega

Dark Omega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as Qidian owns probably 90% of the shares in GT, GGP's claim of being "autonomous" is quite laughable.

FromAboveHeaven, Mangochic and Hahhaa like this.
  12. Vartio

Vartio The original Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    For a lil bit of humor...

[​IMG]

'Qidian' knows that GGP has talked, and Qidian hasn't spoken once since Austin posted the above. I think Qidian knows they're losing more face than Two-Face.

Hahhaa likes this.
  13. Rexxxxx

Rexxxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GGP can do what he wants, but he lied and this was bad, he could say that he couldn't speak because NDA, but lying, saying that he had 100% is different.
    We can follow him, but how can we trust his words, even if if he will say a lie at the end he could say that he had to.
    And it's easy to have rights of QI novel when they own GT, if a translator make a non qidian novel GT is not more a good place.
    GGP has done the better for him (RWX instead renounced big money) but Lying is good for doing money, so I can understand (all company lie), but you cannot more show yourself like a community's paladin.

14. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian owns 90% of GT. Make no mistake, but GGP has absolutely no ability to reverse or oppose decisions that Qidian makes for GT.

With a 10% stake, GGP is just participating in upside, but at any time Qidian can buyout or force him out of managing the site.

GT is fully an arm/extension of Qidian. These things should be made clear in advance.

Mangochic and Lisstr like this.
  15. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Abosultely true!
    This is my issue with Qidian as well!
    Go and fight against WW, go buy out GT, go do all the things you wanna do, but at least be honest about it. Greed is motivation enough, at least it's honest. Don't hide behind a veil of righteousness when there is none to be found.
    If WW turns out to be lying just as bad in this, I'll probably lose all my faith in this community and not care anymore, until then... the drama continues to unfold.

Hahhaa likes this.
  16. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think with 90% they can even merge QI and GT - and they don't even need his approval. Anyone: feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I am not 100% sure, just about 90% :whistle:

17. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are correct. (I work as a lawyer dealing with these types of things).

At majority ownership, they can control fully subsidiaries and consolidate/merge them as they wish. At 90%, their control over the subsidiary is basically nearly complete, the other shareholder (in this case GGP), basically can be forced out at any time if they are unhappy with his managing of GT.

18. Destinyklien

Destinyklien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct, frankly I found it funny it giving up majority shares = equates to being better for the translators. He does realize, the translator's boss is no longer him, but China Reading correct? He's currently CEO/Director of GT but how long until they decide, "We don't need you. You keep disagreeing with us so you can get lost and we'll install someone who will listen to us in your place. Those translators we have to wage exorbitant wages for, we don't need them either. There are others who do the job for cheaper."

Frankly, it's funny how stupid he takes us for. Being majority owned by China Reading makes GT a subsidiary. That means GT follows China Readings (therefore QI)'s M.O. and he shouldn't claim otherwise. Him claiming GT will still be completely operated by him therefore no paywall. Let me ask, what is your measly less than 49% going to do to their majority? Did you his brain cease to function when he thought he was still in charge when he sold majority?

19. Hahhaa

Hahhaa hereby irrevocably & perpetually waives all moral

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread title need to be updated, need to add something like (Mod edit: Confirmed)

20. Destinyklien

Destinyklien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct. If QI wanted to merge with GT, they'd hold a shareholder's meeting. Since only China Reading and ggp owns shares, it's just two entities. China Reading votes "for" the motion and ggp can vote "for/against" but he is screwed either way. Majority rules afterall. In the business world, 51% is the magic number. Anything more is just for dividends.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.