GGP is Lying; Gravity Is Owned by China Reading (QI)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Truck-kun, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zg44

zg44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your uncle was a smart man and a good negotiator if he managed to sell the majority of a business' equity but retain majority control through supervoting rights.

That's impossible to imagine in a situation like this though when you're talking about selling 90% of GT to Qidian. I don't think I've ever seen a 10% shareholder retain control over an enterprise.

ORoger likes this.
  2. ORoger

ORoger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right I just wanted to say that technically it is possible

3. MoshGoss

MoshGoss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well ... We can only block GT too now. Should we say GT or QI ?

4. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    GT still claims they are different from QI (funny because they are owned by the company now).
    You might need to update your avatar though.

5. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    GravityTales is different from QI as much as YouTube is different from Google.
    ...some could play the semantics game, but calling GT GT is still valid, 'cause people don't refer to YouTube as Google either, except under some circumstances when talking official business, right?

6. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if GT decides to run their site similar or the same as QI, it wouldn't be a stretch to just call them QI.
    YouTube is different than Google because YouTube isn't an all encompassing search engine. GT and QI share the same platform in the sense that they are taking CN novels and translating them. They are doing the same action, but their way about it right now is different.

7. Logicsol

Logicsol Proud owner of a Toyota Lernlaw

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this in unfortunate. A lot of bridges just got burned today.

sonnen likes this.
  8. Kylarin

Kylarin Prinny

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you understand my point tho?
    I did say same could play the semantics game and you seem to want to play xD
    GT offeres Korean novels, a manhua as well as original non-CN novels which might be the biggest difference between QI and GT right now in terms of what they offer. Not to mention the forum/account system with badges/layout and all that more minor stuff... I don't really care about how different one is from another tbh, my point was simply this: Still different sites at this moment, one was bought by the other,so they're now under the same umbrella, like YouTube and Google. If you're the kinda guy that likes calling YouTube Google, then go for it, I guess. :D

9. zh0lvin

zh0lvin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since QI own 90% of GT, a CN editor receive money thanks to non-CN novels as well ?!? Can this cause another drama ? CN-editor versus non-CN editor inc. ? hahaha :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

10. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There wouldn't be drama between that though....

11. Arcares

Arcares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't work becuase youtube is for an ENTIRELY different purpose. Don't start being rude because your comparison doesn't work. GT and QI are both translation sites at the bottom line despite the few extra things added on like english novels mangas etc. That doesn't change their purpose in being a publisher either. they are the same thing with different names. Google is a search engine where as youtube is a provider for mass entertainment not even remotely the same ballpark here..

12. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that an official response is up, please go to the thread for it over there.
    GGP Official Response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.