Spoiler I've led the villain astray; how do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese title: 把反派养歪了肿么破
    Author: 湮叶

This novel was suggested by @scriptor

Special thanks to @lalalyly for helping us with the tittles <3

Raw status: Completed (long-ish novel at total chapters + extras 475)
    Notes: MC is transmigrated into a danmei harem novel. Only cheats he gets are 1) copy of the novel and 2) dimensional space. Later his character's natural halo starts giving him luck, but that's much further into the story. Person MC transmigrated into is one of the danmei novel protag's harem (3 guys in the harem). MC is supposed to be an arrogant noble son and protag is supposed to be like a white lotus character (but we know what that's slang for, and that's how protag actually is deep inside, as we find out later......). In original story, MC's little brother (ML) is bullied, framed, and all kinds of bad luck go to him but he still manages to become #1 most beautiful/handsome person in the world and demon king. He is last BOSS sacrificed killed by the protag's party. Since the character is now our MC, our MC is determined to be nice to this poor little brother, a decision cemented when he first meets him and sees what a cute little bun he is. BROTHERLY LOVE FTW~ Unknown to MC, little bun brother has also transmigrated, back in time...

Little brother is suspicious (secretly) of the MC for a while but quickly figures out that MC is not the brother he knew, and latches onto him in true yandere fashion. MC indulges in little brother a lot because what a cute bun~ But later he can't get away lol: he has a huge soft spot for little brother and has MAX level ostrich mentality. By the way, this is NOT an incestual relationship (they aren't biologically related), but MC at least does go into the relationship believing that it was incest but caring about ML enough to do it anyway. I rather liked them despite the yandere because MC and ML are able to balance their relationship. MC isn't helpless like most bottoms and he gets back at the ML once in a while (like threatening ML with a smile that he'd chop off his 'third leg' i.e. dick if he ever betrayed him. LOL)

Despite the yandere, it's a fairly cute and funny novel. They also have the most hilarious magic beasts. MC and ML both get dragons (in disguise), a little white sheep (who'll eat anything, no matter how deadly because he's OP and is a foodie) and a pink rabbit with antlers (who is actually super bloodthirsty and will slash things to bits).

pokes @LaDyViL @kiara8 @winter-t @krrizis @Kittsune @Shem @Toyo @Hotato @Novel otaku desu @readerz @Matsurika @kly @sinyueliang @SnowTime @ludagad @Luen @DarkBlue @Yuslia @clear @dustmite @smr85

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tony requesting half-dead blob

kly and alexfilia like this.
  3. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me what spoilers you want from the summary and I'll give~

vesperia, Aeli, kly and 3 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    how does the mc spoils the little brother? (do we see the little brother being suspicious?)

Dayong9909 and kly like this.
  5. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and yessssss. This novel is pretty balanced in POV (very 3rd person), so we see both sides.

How MC spoils the brother (a lot of ways, but I'll list some of my favorites):
    -little brother ML trolls tests MC at beginning by saying he likes pink. Being MC and not the original character, he's taken aback but comforts little brother and says it's fine, then decorates little brother's room entirely in high quality pink things. Ex-demon king little bro is not amused at his trolling backfiring (he decorates in red and black), but has to bear with it because of the cute kid brother image he's putting up. XD
    -ML wheedles his way into MC's bed by playing off the needy little kid appearance. MC gives in, but this backfires on little brother too. MC is a restless sleeper and described as rolling around 360 degrees a lot during the night. Only later does ML figure out a sleeping position that restricts MC to 180 degrees rolling. LOL
    -MC wondering about whether to give this cheat jade from an ancestor to ML. It's more suitable for him, but he wants to give it to ML
    -letting ML stick to him a lot
    -MC accepting ML's dark side (his possessiveness and his killing and all), but guiding ML to be less... dark. So ML is possessive but won't make MC unhappy, will kill but won't do it indiscriminately, etc.

ML's shadiness is seen a lot. LOL. Even if our MC doesn't see it a lot at the beginning. But later on ML reveals it to MC or MC makes him show it to him but gives him unconditional love. Or MC bops him on the head. XD

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Nomnomnom. I'm not even gonna read the spoilers, because this novel is next on my reading list~ It hit three of my most important strike zones: yandere ML, younger seme - older uke, uke who's not a doormat.:blobmelt:

7. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious. What happened to the original protag of the novel and his harem? The MC was originally a member of the protag's harem right?

8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I'm still reading, but what happens so far:

-protag seems to have also transmigrated back in time
    -protag works on gathering his main harem members immediately. This is derailed by MC in various ways
    -MC refuses to be in protag's harem, making protag indignant
    -after a while, protag sees ML and somehow gets fixated on getting him instead of MC. Protag is also super jealous of MC and how MC seems to be 'getting it all.' (cough, LIE, MC worked his butt off)
    -because of protag's fixation on ML and MC and ML's planning, protag ends up losing like 99% of all his previous life's cheats and fails in seducing the harem members. (MC and ML came clean with each other eventually about each other's transmigrations and MC's few 'cheats')
    -protag is white lotus, slang version. He doesn't attract harem members on his own merits, he's actually using this treasured dragon jade thing and some kind of seduction/attraction technique. ML in previous life never reacted to him either, because ML has an immunity to this kind of thing (think it has to do with the demon/blood cultivation he practices). MC doesn't react to him this time because he has tunnel vision and on other side of the tunnel is ML. LOL
    -harem member#1: MC (refuses right off the bat). Harem member #2: Mo-something, a business empire heir, sees through protag's scheming after MC and ML manipulate things so he gets a front row seat to protag trying to seduce one of their friends. Harem #3: Lin Xiaotian, most difficult to get and protag is made to abandon trying to get him for the moment. A bad mistake on his part lol, because during that time Lin Xiaotian gets wooed by someone else...... Not that he'd have succeeded anyway with MC and ML interfering, since MC feels bad for the harem members and feels there's something fishy going on with protag.
    -protag is still around and failing a lot. Where I'm at in MTL, he's disappeared like a cockroach but will likely show up again in the future...

9. Luen

Luen One Who Silences The TMI Onigiri Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading this! But I only got up to chapter 100 something. @scriptor, those pets are two of the nine sons of the dragon. I know for sure that the rabbit is Yazi who was known for his bloodlust while as for the goat, based on his characteristic I think he's Taotie who was known for his gluttony although I feel like the author said something in her author's note about using a less well known personified version of gluttony.

Blood A, wraven881, Aeli and 7 others like this.
  10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! And we meet the other two as well (up to where I'm at), the cute black kitten and the poring jelly thing thing with a shell that keeps getting beaten up. XDDD

11. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, it's like these things exist to get abused by their contractors. As Yazi always said, what happened to your dignity as a son of the dragon? XD

Blood A, kly, alexfilia and 1 other person like this.
  12. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially poor sheep and jelly lol. Both of them get kicked by ML when he's jealous, ahahaha~

13. Luen

Reading List:
    Link
    Better them than other humans. Not like the ML could kill em anyways :V. They're basically the ideal punching bags.

Blood A, Ease, kly and 2 others like this.
  14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. ML knows MC would be upset if he actually used someone who couldn't stand it as a punching bag. Unless it's someone MC really doesn't like and wouldn't mind punching himself, ML generally doesn't do much other than stick to MC and give them a death glare. But his death glare is world-class, lol.

15. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait! Is this a modern day or fantasy setting?

kly likes this.
  16. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy cultivation setting

Seductive_Cucumber, kly and scriptor like this.
  17. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    As @Fuyuneko says, it's a cultivation setting. Our MC transmigrates from a modern world into cultivation setting. Nothing modern is mentioned afterward, it's all cultivation from then on.

kly, clear and alexfilia like this.
  18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    So... protag showed up again. Clearly still obsessed with ML, but not like MC or his bunch care.

More on protag's backstory, because I forgot to write it:
    -protag grew up in a brothel
    -he's... kind of used to using his body to get what he wants. This makes the 4P ending in the original story make sense.
    -he uses dual cultivation (sex cultivation) to advance. This requires sleeping with people stronger than he is and also by quantity.

In Chapter 300-ish when he shows up again (where I'm at in reading), Lin Xiaotian already got devoured by someone (pffft, black history) and is an all-around calmer guy. As MC observes, Lin Xiaotian used to have this overbearing sword-like aura like he'd cut you any moment; now it's like his edge has been at least stuck in a scabbard, making him easier to get along with. This missing 'sweetheart' of his is why MC begins to guess that perhaps all the people originally in protag's harem already had sweethearts before protag hooked them in the novel. Protag's aura (MC and ML are now powerful enough to be able to see it) is messy --> he must have slept with a ton of people to get to his current cultivation realm. MC and ML are even more suspicious of protag now.

19. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized this reminds me of JP/CN novels and their reincarnated villainess/mob characters/etc. changing the plot and protagonists revealing to actually abusing their cheat or pieces of trash that they are in some novels(not bakarina though the protag is a nice girl).

20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda similar, but there are differences:
    -everyone other than protag (well, except for some people) are all pretty regular, decent people. They're only unfortunate for getting drawn by protag's halo.
    -girls get treated all right, though there are a ton of BL pairings since this setting is a danmei novel lol. The girls are either regular, surprised at the BL couples not noticing their beauty, or fujoshis who totally ship it.
    -you get a lot of people randomly shipping it and it can be super funny. Like the dragon dad (who has the nine dragon sons) gifts MC with a huge bunch of spiritual power but makes it so he can 'share' it with ML through dual cultivation. It's supposed to be a gift they can both enjoy, wink wink. [though MC is getting a better hang of handling ML and often makes him grow mushrooms in a corner before letting him eat him, lol]