LCD Terror Paradise

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/terror-paradise/

A novel about a VR Horror game called Terror Paradise.

It has RPG elements (levels, stats, skills, items, etc...), although I'm not sure if I would call it an MMO... there's multiplayer, but no "open world" to run around in. Players are put into teams and sent into unique instances to complete quests. These instances are a bit like being dropping into an ongoing horror movie. For example, you might spawn in an abandoned building and be told that you're being hunted by a monster -- completing the quest would require either defeating the monster or escaping the building alive.

The novel's MC is a young man who, due to a brain injury, can no longer feel "fear". He's also very intelligent and uses deductive reasoning to solve the game's quests in interesting ways. The author modeled him after Sherlock Holmes, apparently.

2. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel its too much a copy of terror infinity
    you should read it thats the original i think

3. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    So the MC is basically Xuan from terror infinity?

4. Gentlemens laugh

Gentlemens laugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a brain problem from this manga I read called garden of Eden kids were stuck on an island with all sorts of prehistoric animals

5. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick question. If the MC received a brain injury then how is he so smart? Did the injury boost/unlock a part of brain or something?

6. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh...

Terror Paradise and Terror Infinity aren't that similar, IMO. There's nothing magical going on in Terror Paradise -- it's just a video game. Hard for me to describe, but read a few chapters and I think you'll agree that it's really not copying Terror Infinity.

I only read a few volumes of Terror Infinity before dropping it (and that was quite awhile ago so my memory's not great). Was Xuan the government spy who was killed by the Grudge? If so, then no. The MC of this novel isn't a cold and ruthless person. Just analytical.

The author kept it vague, but the suggestion was that the MC has a brain tumor which (as a side-effect) is inhibiting the part of his brain which normally regulates "fear". So he simply can no longer feel that emotion.
    It's basically plot-convenience.

7. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay but how does
    no fear=intelligence?

8. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I didn't make it clear.
    The MC is both fearless and intelligent, and these two qualities help him in the game in their own distinct ways.

There are usually multiple ways to complete a quest - often, there will be a hidden solution which will grant higher XP and rewards. The MC's intelligence and deductive abilities helps him here.
    When a quest is ongoing, the game monitors the players' heart rates and brainwaves, basically measuring their "fear level". And the fear level is a factor in the final rewards after the quest is completed. The MC's fearlessness helps him here. (Not to mention that his fearlessness prevents him from panicking when he gets attacked by monsters, etc... So he always remains clear-headed.)

9. feyrin

feyrin Night time tyrant

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I read both terror infinity and paradise, and in my opinion they aren't similar. One has a deductive mc who goes the vrmmo route with a personal illness affecting his mental state. The other is placed in a high stress situation where he can't afford to lose. Going to be a more frontline and physical leader who leaves the thinking to others. Both are very good but not really similar(besides the title). Give em both a try and remember to luv yo translators.

10. mat1809

mat1809 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Help!!!
    I can't find first few chapter of terror paradise. I think gravity tales already deleted it.

11. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, about that, since it was formerly my project, I moved it all to my site.
    https://fluffysnowtime.wordpress.com/

I feel sad losing TP ;-; (I wouldn't mind working with them since our speeds are so similar lol)
    It's such an awesome novel.
    @Shio Would you mind amending the first few links of Terror Paradise to mine since it's not in Gravity anymore?

Edit:
    Well, reading the above comments, I will add my own two cents~

Terror Infinity and Terror Paradise do seem very similar at first
    However, Terror Paradise reads more like a detective mystery novel than an actual horror one due to the MC, with his lack of fear, he can think about the situation without little things like fearing of his life and stuff clouding his judgement. And since he's also a novelist, this also helps him lmao.

Finally, I prefer Terror Paradise because Terror Infinity is a little too extreme for my taste about certain things.... like making people.... and a lot of other things I don't remember since I haven't read it in a while....

Terror Paradise is a lot more light hearted :p
    (I like the MC more)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  12. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah thanks for picking this series back up @SnowTime it was a series I was hopping had a faster release date.

Review of chapter 34:
    I would usually complain when an Author just starts randomly talking to the reader in the midst of the story but I was so excited by the 2 female leads intro (as I took quite the fancy to them) and the candid dialog the author wrote afterwards I just couldn't careless. An author that doesn't beat around the bush when getting to my fav things is ok with me! Plus he called his readers bastards and directly told them to shoo to another genre of novel lmao, how could I not support this?!

13. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres technically 4 leads in this novel. 2 males and 2 females, only that 1 is more focused than the other 3.

14. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    There are actually 5 main leads as there are 3 men and 2 women (the 2 women were just introduced). I only mentioned the women as I was super excited that these girls were introduced with no "are they" to whether they are the 2 females that will be paired with Fang bro and Lil'Tan as Long Bro ( :ROFLMAO: ) has a wife. I think the personalities fit each other well considering Lil'Tan is always with Fang an used to being outsmarted and such so the gun chick would be his bae while a man who doesn't fear anything couldn't rightfully be intimidated by a woman who exudes a murderous air lol, so~ perfect couple :love:.

In the end I don't know if Long bro ( :giggle: ) will stay or only appear every now and again but as of chapter 34 part 1 there are 5 main leads and 1 of which is the protagonist. There are still a possibility of 2 more characters joining in the future though as a group match is what 6? And if Long is an occasional character than its likely for a few other occasional characters to join in in the future.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  15. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Aotian reappears pretty often, but when they later form a guild, he is not part of it since he already joined another one. There will be 5 people in the group though, but at first, it was always the 4 until the fifth one came along. Feng, Wang, Rain and Sorrowful.
    @Saint Can I ask you to change the lcd name to Thriller Paradise?
    It's a good change because later, the more you read, the more you notice terror isn't right lel

16. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah that's sad... I kinda liked the big brute, well a 2 girl 2 boy team isn't bad at all

17. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading today and I like it, its witty and interesting, it feel like a Korean novel.

18. Lineage

Lineage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i find c. 9-24?

Edit: nvm. Found it

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  19. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally we get some speed on this novel, 10 chappies a week are promised :)

20. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidians promises aren't worth shit though. Plundering the Heavens is updated once every few days, twice a week at most... I understand the TL is a new mom but Qidian is a corp right? Don't they have backup TLs or assistants TLs? Some other novels have even higher releases schedules but updated barely. I'm just saying don't get to invested with the pretty gem of a number; ultimately its up to whether the TL is able to do it consistently for a long time. Fingers crossed.