Spoiler Various series MTL text

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dragonkin550, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonkin550

dragonkin550 Well-known lizard-eater

Reading List:
    Link
    Cloudy Eyed Lilianne
    Dragon Maken War
    Everyone Else is a Returnee
    I am the Monarch
    Kenkyo Kenjitsu
    Master Hunter K
    Seoul Station's Necromancer
    Sovereign of Judgement
    Taming Master

If you read any of these series and are willing to read Google Translate / Bing Translate translated text, you may like this:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2IDKEfatJt0Zk01UzRkcmgyM1U

Note: The names and places (things MTL does poorly) have been translated to english already, so the Google Translate / Bing Translate translated version of the text is much more readable.

2. Noble Virtue

Noble Virtue Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when some mtl doesnt translate names properly xD

3. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I am the Monarch is now complete :D

Sai101 likes this.
  4. nos4r2

nos4r2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any plan for god of music?

DelightLetters and JemBlem like this.
  5. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    I really only do series I read, and I don't read God of Music, so probably not. Korean series also cost money to read...

thymee likes this.
  6. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey how do i use this copy your text and paste in google translated?

7. vide

vide M E T A L H E A D

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that mean you are already finished reading I Am The Monarch?
    Could you give me some spoilers please?!

8. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    if you use google chrome then you can simply download any of the .html files, open it in google chrome, and google chrome will ask you if you want it translated to english or whatever language. If it doesn't ask you automatically, there's a setting you can change to have it translate websites automatically somewhere, or you can right click and click the 'translate to english' option. Otherwise, there are extensions for firefox and other browsers (I think?) that will do the same thing if you install them.

9. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    ...you can just go read them from the drive link. Honestly, if you use google translate to read the versions from drive, I already translated the names and such to english, and it's pretty readable.

vide likes this.
  10. mark.is.daisuke

mark.is.daisuke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    man, saw that its now updated.. it only have 4-6 novels when i last saw it.
    are you planning to complete life mission, soj, kotb, and lazy swordmaster?? i know im only leeching, but please do tell.. if you have already, but cant share in public, please pm.. done reading those, and only waiting for the last bit in the endings.

ps. i read my post, and sounded like a prick. sorry. i just wanna read but dont have the money. xD

11. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't find the raw for SoJ in text format past what I have already (I can buy it as encrypted epub, but it's encrypted...), I lost interest in KoTB, Life Mission is already 3/4ths done so I'm just going to wait for the official translation, and while I like Lazy Swordmaster, I don't feel like doing it for some reason. Also, the korean chapters aren't free and I'm broke right now so I've been focusing more on doing Japanese series lately... working on "By a slight Mistake" right now, somewhat similar to Kenkyo Kenjitsu

Ran ahzu likes this.
  12. mark.is.daisuke

Reading List:
    Link
    Life mission is actually not 3/4ths. Unfortunately, the translator had the genius thinking that its fine to mess the chapters up. He cuts it to smaller pieces. What is 160 on myoni is just 120s on raw. Thats why im peeved while looking for where the chapter is.
    What about infinite competitive dungeon society? Any thoughts? XD

Oooh. Well, atleast i tried. Hahahaha.

13. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, he does? I stopped reading it a while ago, and figured I'd finish reading it when the series is fully translated. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the translator does that with Life Mission though, they did the same thing with Evolution theory of a hunter...
    As for infinite competitive dungeon society... never heard of it lol. Honestly it's not like this is difficult though. If you're interested in doing it yourself it's pretty simple.
    1. Get a ridibooks.com account, find a series serialization (not the books, those are encrypted epub...) you want to do this for
    2. save the .html pages for each chapter from ridibooks to your computer, you do have to pay for each chapter
    3. parse out all the html and other things that aren't the chapter text from the .html pages you saved in step 3, and combine all the raws into one big file
    4. make a google sheet setup the same as the one I have on my Drive account
    5. go through the english translation side by side with the Korean raw and find terms / names you want to replace with their english equivalent
    6. replace the terms from 5 in the raw with their english equivalent
    7. tada, you can go read the resulting text from 6 in google translate

Of course, writing some scripts to automate steps 3, 4, and 6 make things easier... but isn't 100% necessary.

14. mark.is.daisuke

Reading List:
    Link
    icds is from toika, the author of eer.
    unfortunately, ridi does not have the serial of life mission. only the books.

@dragonkin550 how'd you do the life mission? i cant see by chapters.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  15. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, well in that case I couldn't do the last 20 or so chapters of Life Mission even if I wanted to... Need the raw in txt format to do what I do after all. I haven't found a way to decrypt the epub ebooks so I can play with the raw text, so that's why you need it to be a serialization (when you buy an individual chapter the online reader is just a fancy html page with javascript to prevent copying, saving the file and then stripping out just the chapter text is simple).

If you google the name of the series you can sometimes find the raw in .txt file format hosted on baidu or something (should've found the raw I have of Life MIssion like that), but more often if you find the raw it's a bunch of .jpg image files, and while OCR is technically possible, it's just not worth the hassle...

16. mark.is.daisuke

Reading List:
    Link

hahaha. oh well, i guess ill just wait for things to happen then. thanks again for the great raws! xD

17. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it ok to ask how much roughly is a complete korean series? Just curious.

Also is there a way to quickly MTL the big .txt files instead of copying and pasting parts into Google translate? I tried google translating as a document but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong lol

Also THANKS A LOT!

18. dragonkin550

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the length of the series. It's like 100 won per chapter, which isn't much, unless you have like a 300 chapter series, in which case it's 30,000 won, which is about $26 (actually, if you charge your credit on ridibooks ahead of time with a large amount, you might only pay around $20. They give you a percentage bonus when you buy their credits in bulk, and 1 credit = 1 won). Now, admittedly that isn't a huge amount to pay, but unfortunately I'm rather broke currently.

Yeah, the way to quickly mtl the big .txt files is to drag and drop the file into an open chrome tab. Then you can have google translate translate the whole file in the browser, though it will take a large amount of memory and a good amount of processor usage.

luckyman89 likes this.
  19. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Never paid for any chapters so just curious how much the raw sites charge. That seems fair.. if only I can understand Korean I won't mind paying I guess, almost same price as a book anyway.

And thanks for the chrome trick!

OnlyHurts likes this.
  20. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I've seen a notice on ridibooks (IIRC) that people won't be able to pay for chapters after end of month (09-31), something like that. So it may be not working at some point - the method to get raws.
    Do you accept some stuff into your vault? I accidently stumbled upon green skin raws (up to chapter 4xx something. quite a lot of missing from the latest, but better than none) so I could share it later (when come back from work).

Sai101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.