Discussion need help writing a Cultivation novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by WhiteRoar, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteRoar

WhiteRoar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need Ideas and Characters for a cultivation novel I am planning to write. so far I got the synopsis down:

The God Origin Sect, the Holy land of the Golden Era. It was seen as an unshakable giant in the eyes of the Cultivation world. However, it falls was sudden. Now no one to protect the world from the God beast and Devil that want its revenge, the world falls in into a difficult Desolate era. Jing Elysium, the final Sect master of the God Origin Sect was sealed away before its destruction. This story follows Jing as he once again takes the God Origin Sect to the pinnacle and gets revenge for the past.

General idea: I guess I want it to be like history's number 1 founder mixed with World of cultivation, martial world, perfect world, library of Heaven's path and emperor's domination. so a teacher that has an army that kick ass out of other sects in wars for resources while getting his disciples and himself stronger.

Jing Elysium -28- to be sect master before the fall of the sect, was sealed away for 10million years. Humble, yet has high charisma and uses his head (well I hope it turn out this way XD). his also a lonely person that hopes to have friends.

Cultivation Rank: N/A need ideas

Background Context: he wakes up in the Desolute Era, where rare cultivation arts are limited and rare, only belonging to powerful clans and empires. a savage era where humans are hunted by beast and demons and can only live in tribes.(alot like Perfect World). 9 major worlds and everything is apart of Concept of Law (like Martial World) which people can comprehend to grow stronger. I'll also make it that high-level cultivation arts and techniques need a certain insight in law to use (so he doesn't get kickass op right off the start)

Disclaimer*******
    this is my frist time writing a novel and i did fail WACE english soooo..... don't be to hopeful

any help will be very handy and i'll also mention and list all idea that i used and there respected user

2. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    U need help, if u really want to write a cultivation novel....
    Lol

3. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    you need help writing the entire story? then why write it at all?

sure having a plot is good, but you need to come up with your characters.

a synopsis is a crappy little window that gives vague hints to the theme of the story and rarely any of its major content (often just a portion of the initial arc as a background setting).

what you are asking for is someone to tell you what to write just so you can say you are writing a story.

readerz likes this.
  4. WhiteRoar

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah might write a isekai novel about a pussy mc lol

Indiboy likes this.
  5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Jing Elysium
    Probably 1st make his name to complete Chinese though. Elysium isn't fit for a CN name. Unless you aren't writing a CN cultivation novel

Saikyi likes this.
  6. WhiteRoar

Reading List:
    Link
    i get the idea that my question is kind of strange but i am more looking for ideas on how it can progess and not follow the usual cultvation path all novels share

7. WhiteRoar

Reading List:
    Link
    good point

8. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    Just have them cultivate for a few months before every major battle scene and you'll be good

9. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously dude? It's easy. All you have to do is drop random Joe into cultivation world, give him a rare treasure and let the young masters carry the story for you. Oh, you also have to keep supplying random Joe with heaven defying lucky chances every once in a while so random Joe doesn't become boring

10. Mystogrigen

Mystogrigen 「Clever and Witty Original Title」

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation novels are easy. Just artificially inflate the word count with lots of Mt Tais, reaction scenes, and repeat EVERYTHING. Oh, don't forget the "it took long to explain, but happened faster than a flint spark or whatever" bullshit. I once read a chapter that had that in it seven times. Oh yeah, if the MC isn't called Trash on an average of six times per chapter, you are doing something wrong. Enemies should all be interconnected. So if you slap some asshole guy trying to mug you in the alley, he should by like 20 degrees of separation be related to some sect like four states away.

Edit: Use retardedly large numbers. Shit doesn't have to make sense, just look impressive.
    Edit2: Mt. Tai is a universal truth. It doesn't matter if that world doesn't have it, everyone just naturally knows about it.

11. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    is your cultivation based on qi, spirit, magic, or something else?

For instance, for my cultivation novel "Fighting God", my character uses qi, so i said the ranks were qi gathering, qi forming, core condensing, core expanding, aura, legend, demigod, god, and highgod.

it makes sense as well cuz in my mind, the character needs to gather qi from outside in order to be exposed to it so that after breakthrough, he can form qi internally. After certain amount of qi is formed, he can compress the qi and make it into a core. Then, he can expand the core. Aura is basically being enveloped in qi after the core has expanded past the limits.

Think about what your character will use to cultivate and base it on that.

12. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Mind telling me if you will will harem in novel if not I am out. If there is harem I have original idea for a cultivation techniques that is never been used

13. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I need mroe info on the MC is you want me to help with the culivation ranks. As for characters, well what do you have in mind? what roles do you need filled, so we can then create people to fill those roles?

14. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    shhh you're making sense he/she doesn't need that.

Myriadfold likes this.
  15. WhiteRoar

Reading List:
    Link
    good point didn't think of that

i think qi would be a good start

16. Salokin

Salokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of those cultivation technique names, sects, and special moves are just surface materials. What you need to develop are encounters! Arrogant Young masters, viperous young misses, and jade beauties. There is nothing better to a cultivation story than a well crafted villain the reader loves to hate getting curb stomped by an MC he thought he could beat.

17. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    A gardener who cultivates salad. The cultivation levels are yellow, green, grey, black, wasted

Myriadfold and jlkc like this.
  18. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    create an arrogant young master as a antagonist whit a tragic past that explain his sh..ty actions make him op give him plot armor so that readers themselves want to enter the novel and kill him let him mess whit the mc and later on give him a legendary death ( i m sad that my fellows arrogant young masters just die randomly in 10 chapters for the sake of making the mc look cool or give him a new harem member )

19. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Have it start off that he is already super powerful, but as time goes on his cultivation is slowly disappearing so he has to deal with his strongest enemies off the bat, while simultaneously raising strong followers to re-establish his sect before he becomes no more than a mortal.

20. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple, just make the MC go overkill on all his enemies just because they looked at him funny and kill their whole family for good measure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.