[Rant] Isekai smartphone is horrible

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Expatamoeba, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this anime though. I've never read the novel but now I'm thinking of actually reading it because the anime is nice and funny.

2. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoyed it too. \o/ I'm looking forward for more.
    Eh? I don't think so though o_O It looks really nice to me..

fuzor100 likes this.
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Drugs are bad, m'kay? I mean seriously what exactly is there to like with the anime?

4. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    EH? It's really fun though ? I really enjoy every episode. :D Oh wait, must be cause I love harem a lot.

5. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    That must be the case, cause they even cut out 90% of the harem's character development. It is literally a giant recap episode.

6. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh ? Well I've never really read the novel so I don't know .. And I'm pretty contented with the anime.. but I guess for the people who read the novel it has a big plot hole...

7. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to read the novel to see huge issues and plot holes. Let me name some quickly.
    1) Remember when that guy was shot with an arrow, notice there was no archer?
    2) Not to mention the duke's daughter had I think 8 guards die but she shows 0 care and instead of saying lets bury them or bring them back to the families, she starts flirting with the MC off the bat.
    3) Why in the world would that person be carrying elemental testing stones in person?
    4) Why would a restaurant owner be at an Inn asking for food advice instead of customers in the restaurant?
    5) Notice how the duke did the whole king bow to the MC out of nowhere? (not the noble bow of thanks but a bow a retainer does to his king)
    6) When the samurai joins, after being attacked in the middle of the street and they countered. Why run away from the guards? (In the original they messed up the Inn so they ran)

I can literally go on all day about the issues that don't even need to read the novel to see.

8. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh one more I just HAVE to add.

Remember when the MC tells you that he can't use the search magic on things he can't identify? So when he looked for treasure he couldn't find any. But when he looked for artifacts he found something?

Now then remember when he uses the app to search for the little girl's mother. Without even knowing anything about her!

Then in the same episode, he asks the samurai how her brother looks like so he can identify him?

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps are you starting to watch anime for the first time in your life? Isekai smartphone is full of plotholes and cliches.

Don't get me wrong, it can be interesting to watch but it will be forgotten in a couple of months after its end.

10. Ko

Ko "The Corrupted Queen"

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. I've been watching anime for 25 years of my life. ^^ I really like its calming feeling so.. I don't really don't know what you guys dislike about it...

11. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, its an ok anime.

BUT as an isekai anime adapted from a novel, I wonder how it got an anime adaptation in the first place. Dude, Mushoku Tensei deserves an adaptation 100x more than smartphone anime. And he didn't utilise his smartphone that much anyway.

That's just an example btw, I'm sure there are a lot more other that deserves an anime.

12. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link

[​IMG]
    Another one, why the mc is so ok with being killed off?
    God: Sorry, my plant pot fall from heaven and did not disintegrate in the mesosphere, resulting in your death.
    MC: Oh don't yah worry about, I don't care about meh family, meh friends and all the things I left behind. I was too plain so getting killed by God is just perfect.
    God: What about getting reincarnated in another world?
    MC: Cool.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  13. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Handa-kun

Handa-kun Partial Nudity and Suggestive Themes

Reading List:
    Link
    Cant help laughing when people pointing mistakes about this anime, do you guys actually watching with that much attention just to find plotholes? on a japanese cartoon?

There are really different kinds of people in the world...

15. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, not even trying. It just sticks out too much like a sore thumb. I personally ignore most issues in most anime, just this one makes it a bit too obvious.

16. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now imagine the anime, if the guy reincarnated into a smartphone. A harem of connectivity, adventure all over Google Maps, the constant tension whether he would fall down and break his screen!

Well, I guess not everybody gets to be reincarnated properly...

17. Avarrencus

Avarrencus 『Tier 0 : True Infinity』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would've love to made a conversation with a cat.

18. Aeiddius

Aeiddius Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They should invest their funds on LN's like Tate no Yuusha, Mushoku tensei, tensei slime or something. I mean seriously, LN like tate no yuusha are far more meaningful and definitely worth it.

19. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Animating those LN need a lot of money... More than SoL series like smartphone...

20. Aeiddius

Aeiddius Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's actually yukkuri oniisan! Well, i have to agree with you. Just imagining the vast fighting scenes those LN had will already be a pain in the ass already. Though, i'll still keep my hope up that some kind of world-miracle occurs and these LN's gets their adaptation just like how Re:Zero got it's anime. (WHich is one of the bests of the bests out there)