Discussion Danmei Room

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by makenai89, Dec 13, 2015.

1. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Grubby hands, time to read for now :blobpeek:

readerz likes this.
  2. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    friggin yuri ending between snow white and the queen :sweating_profusely:

readerz, alexfilia and ludagad like this.
  3. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, is there like 20 or 30 years between them? Nothing makes sense in fiction, so *shrug*. (Hope Snow white isn't 14 tho.)

readerz likes this.
  4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me a short samury so i can make a spoiler thread? *.*

Thank you! <3

readerz likes this.
  5. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    How many of these stories feature a seme MC? I am interested in variations in stories :LOL:

readerz likes this.
  6. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Neelambori and readerz like this.
  7. Neelambori

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz likes this.
  8. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, seme protag has about as much appeal to me as a male MC in a shoujo romance manga - almost none. I'd basically postpone reading a BL novel with a seme protag until I even forget it's in my list. I'd rather MTL some other novel if I have the free time and no other BL novels to read...

I can't change my tendency, even if I know it's too biased. (guess I'm an uke at heart)

BTW, I'm reading 'Raised the Villain Bent' right now and it's an awesome novel. I don't even mind that there's no smut, lol. The relationship between the leads is described beautifully and it's a delight to witness. The plot is interesting and kept me reading for 300 chapters now, even though I'd normally have given up at such a count... There are good side characters too, that get revisited and not just forgotten in the background. There are no filler chapters. When I need to detox from certain fMC novels, I go to read this one :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:. The ML is as yandere as they get, but he's too much in love with the MC to cause him any grief - there's no abuse; and although ML tries to act pitiful and manipulate MC to get him in bed, MC knows very well what's going on, but he loves the ML too much, so he lets it go... When the ML gets too possessive and starts throwing murderous glares at people just for being friendly with the MC, MC chops his head and reigns him in. Huu, I just love those two.

Ease, Akkachu, readerz and 2 others like this.
  9. Neelambori

Reading List:
    Link
    I see,it seems I prefer to read about seme protagonist since I like taking the initiative myself lol. Jokes aside since in danmei two people are the same gender I want to see different things. 99% stories are from the uke perspective so....

saekicchi, SummerX, readerz and 2 others like this.
  10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tags on NU are edited by NU members. If no one tags it, then it won't be listed if you search the tag.

Though I think Ice already tagged the Some Protagonist novels on NU. Which one are not tagged with it?

readerz likes this.
  11. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    There was this JP yaoi novel, where the MC was really sickly, was it in an otome game?, there was some sickness related to mana and the MC was supposed to die from it, but he recovered and found a cure? I thought he was a seme, judging by how he made everyone M for him... But I didn't read till the end since it wasn't my type. Anyway, if anyone knows for sure whether he's a seme, tag the novel xDD;;; Sorry I can't remember the title. I'll count on the rest of the fujo readers around here. *lights a candle for my memory* :blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless:

Edit: Found it after some looking (Thankfully the title starts with 'D', fairly early in the yaoi list...) http://www.novelupdates.com/series/dare-ga-otome-geemu-dato-itta/
    The cover suggests he's the uke, but when I read the story, he gave me seme vibes... Anyone read it till the end?

Glimpsed this novel today: http://www.danmeila.com/chongsheng/20809.html The title is (very roughly translated) Have to Marry Seven Men, How to Bail! Woah, I'm proud of coming up with bail... the literal translation is so broken lol (so pun-ny of me x_x).

So yeah, it grabbed my attention with the title (wonder why...) but it's a 1 on 1. Not sure I got the MTL right, apparently the MC wrote some rotten (not in the fujo way tho) novel, then got transmigrated inside it with a system and has to marry seven guys? But the seven 'men' are actually split up soul and personality, and together they make our ML... I'm still wondering whether it's one world or seven worlds... Doesn't have the [fast transmigration] tag. I'll read this some time soon and find out xD. Unless someone is faster and spoils it for me~ <3. The author promises comedy, the poster in the site promises an MC with a high IQ and EQ and a straightforward personality, as well as a plot that hooks you in, so I'm sold.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
    Ease, readerz and alexfilia like this.
  12. Neelambori

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone said that many are not tagged

I read till the latest chapters and he's definitely an uke. The seme guy is obvious. I mean he is girly from the beginning....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
    ludagad and readerz like this.
  13. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can point me there, it would be much appreciated. AFAIK all the novels with Seme MC are tagged.

alexfilia, readerz and Neelambori like this.
  14. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have read more than a few seme protag danmeis here and there so I assume there will be more than 5 being translated? It's possible that they are not translated and that's as many as we have currently. Also some novels are not in the NU catalog, like jlei's works...(but I don't know if they are seme protag or uke protag)
    woa I think I don't care very much about uke or seme protag in novels and I mostly read uke protag danmeis simply because 80% of danmeis are uke-centered, but somehow my works consist half of the CN seme protag novels here?? And my other novel is not uke protag either since there's basically no ships. Hmm. Weird discovery about myself.....

15. Neelambori

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I don't care about uke seme either but since all I've read is with uke MC I just wanted to read the opposite. It is a bit strange that you ended up with most of the seme protagonist ones. What does it matter tl away ;)

readerz likes this.
  16. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just translating the novels I like lol I like seme protags but I don't go out of my way to find and read them.

FWB is written by an author who only does seme-centered novels. Among Chinese fujoshis there is a term 攻控(seme-con) which means strong preference of the seme over uke and seme-con novels will focus or even show strong bias towards the seme. Some of them will have harems. (note that FWB does not have a harem)

TUP is not a seme-con novel; in fact, it's a traditional uke-centered novel. However, the MC is the seme. The novel tells the story of the uke from the seme's perspective, (actually it shifts between the current-seme view and past-uke view) and we readers are supposed to find out about the past stories of the uke layer by layer with the seme.

If you want something different, I will actually recommend the other novel I do - Intense Radical Behaviors - to you. There is no one clear center character who is seme or uke, but several major characters who DO NOT have romantic relationships with each other. There are a lot of hardcore sex and some of the major characters are raped, so you can argue that they are ukes. So this makes it an ukes-centered novel? idk LOL

Neelambori, alexfilia and readerz like this.
  17. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes it a rape-centered novel if you ask me xD;.

readerz and alexfilia like this.
  18. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:
    :blobunsure::blobunsure::blobunsure:
    :hmm::hmm::hmm:
    :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

.......sounds logical

readerz likes this.
  19. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. We can't have only fluffy stories (tho I'll stick to reading those). :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

readerz likes this.
  20. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really not that dark :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: It's even comedic at times. People can be optimistic even in bad environments......

readerz likes this.