Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that what means? That even if you are neutral you can be dragged into a mess you won't take part in?

2. shellshocked

shellshocked Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if you have the IQ of a fire retardant. Which is non-existent.

3. shellshocked

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously. Still proves my point that the concept of being neutral exists, and neutral is indeed a stance.

4. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Kibor has been saying Tony is wrong to allow drama to happen here and to not ban it out of these forums but people do not mind the drama its happening even if the staff bans it out of the forums. The staff decided to allow it to happen here. since they want to be unbiased and just not touch the drama. They allow QI and WXW to have their discussions here. Qi using these forums as a medium of communication while lying and ren responding to clarify the lies so we see both sides is what started the drama.

edit: All in all we are against censorship the public should be allowed to discuss what they want on a forums even if there is drama. as long as you are not just cursing non stop they will allow the discussion and are staying out of it.
    edit2: ofc beside cursing not breaking the other forum rules.

5. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, come on dont just jump to conclusion like that. why submit to qidian is an evil thing? its just different kind of profit, and its not evil even he did that. all I want to say is, why you dont take stance? why let those two fight in your home if you dont want to take stance? nothing evil for gaining profit, but its annoying when you act like you dont want it but all you did was indicating one.

why let those two fight here, where everyone can see it?-

Tramsloof likes this.
  6. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say you were wrong. I only said you used a bad example.

I agree with you but this thing has brought too much confusion and free hate.

7. shellshocked

Reading List:
    Link
    They need to branch out elsewhere to get traffic. Heavy reliance on a hobby website to drive traffic is bad for business. A bit like putting all your eggs in one basket.

8. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its not very confusing. QI has just been doing what they have been doing which is publicly attacking ren. Then Ren responds and the majority of the public either do not care or are hating QI for being so unfair. While in this thread you @Kibor continue to try and push the staff to take a stance.

I feel like you fishing for something here Kibor. Most people do not care if NUF want to be neutral and judging by your account being so fresh I really find you suspicious and like you are baiting for something more here.

Dunno if its a legal thing or something but you are a real try hard to force Tony into choosing either he supports WXW or QI or Bans them all out. Why can you not accept the fact people sometimes just do not give a fk and are fine with just letting people talk about it.

edit: to avoid double post.
    What I never understood is why QI decided to have legal matters aired publicly on these forums. Its sometime that should have been done behind closed doors and Ren said he wanted it behind closed doors but QI came out here and Reddit and blew it up.

edit 2: Kibor needs to just find a hobby now that you mention that instead of trying to roleplay a reporter trying to be a whistleblower on such a small matter that shouldn't even matter to people outside of WXW or QI.

9. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you said it yourself

What I never understood is why QI decided to have legal matters aired publicly on these forums.

NUF should stay their self away in the first place from involved in this kind of fishy activity. if you understand it that much, why is it so hard for you to see my point?

I never push NUF or whoever to take stance for nothing, its very fishy from the start, yet they let it slip like nothing happen. can you think about that? why take neutral stance when there is something fishy going on. are they related? we never know, thats why I told them to take stance.

I never had anything to blow, I just want to know why they let this thing happened in here, yet they dont take stance. its pretty confusing.

10. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they just decided at that point and time to not care and let the discussion happen and only step in to enforce forum rules. That's all it is dunno why you continue try and insinuate that there is something else without any proof. This on top of the way you discuss this with others just make people dislike you for it.

Tramsloof likes this.
  11. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I come to understand something, no to be liked. when I have my answer, I will go. its always that simple. but i dont know why, no one want to answer it. ;)

12. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is they want to stay out of it. I think you want a answer you want to accept. No matter how many times they tell you they just staying out of it to be neutral you will not accept that answer because you want to force a answer that fits your views. Whelp its final I think you are just str8 up a douche bag.

13. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I direct everyone attention to another matter pertaining the whole double hosting by QI?

Now then there are several instance that mods assured everyone that those re-hosted novels won't appear on NU release page. (On this, I'm stating the correct facts, right?) However there have been several instances of the re-hosted novel by QI appear on NU release, is there any explaination of why it happen or more importantly are there steps taken to prevent such promise won't be broken against? Or it's up to the users to report it when such incident occurs again?

I believe these are fair questions to ask, right?

14. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Questions that were answered before...the bot isn't perfect so sometimes releases slip through. We do delete them afterwards.

Tramsloof likes this.
  15. zentetsuken

zentetsuken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So its only a slipped up by bot? Nothing insidous by QI, no blatant renumbering chapters or changing title name so QI chapters got listed? Well, I would assume there is a warning to QI when there are evidents that QI is trying circumvent the bot & get their chapters in... right? If there is no evidence then hopefully anyone that don't blacklist QI will report to the mods.

16. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's so "fishy" about it? Qidian pulled a dick move, now it's a legal matter and this website has nothing to do with it, they're an independent directory of links, why should they take sides? That's just asking for trouble(possibly legal trouble).. The fighting, the slander and so on on the forums doesn't change a thing really.. it's still completely irrelevant which side anyone here sides with, it will be settled in a court of law if nothing has changed, haven't checked up on the drama in a while..

kenar likes this.
  17. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    But, don't forget, that the people whi read it are us.
    Even if they win the court case, they lose many potential readers.

GonZ555 and Mangochic like this.
  18. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    How would there ever be legal trouble for NU if they decided to not host the links for someone's translation?

There would be absolutely 0 legal fallout for making such a decision.

It isn't like NU signed a legally binding contract and would be in violation of the contract by not hosting their links.

That would be like suing me because I don't re-tweet you. The judge would laugh at you then tell you to grow up.

19. Xintest

Xintest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian have a library of more than 900k novel
    the translators pick the worst to translate XO
    I feel like sh*t when I start to read a novel .. then every chapter
    I say " this will happen" .. few chapters and boom it happened
    it got generic as fk .. I tried reading from qidian directly but I failed Because MTL is Toxic
    I finally learned some Chinese to read and I saw novels that R so good
    but never translated..

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  20. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    D:
    *sends @Xintest to the translator dungeon* translate for us!!

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.