LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can probably leave if you're a dungeon explorer but I don't recall there being mention of a door leading out of the dungeon. That being the case you'd either have to clear the dungeon or survive in it long enough for it to turn into a field dungeon. If there were people scouting the dungeons then why has Shin been given no such information on the dungeons?

Elemental resistance only accounts for the most basic attacks she could make. Like throwing ice shards or freezing them. Making them shatter or melting them would probably still work. Them being monsters would probably make it harder but not so hard that it's impossible to control them.

2. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    like i said there also no mentioning that the one who has enter can't get out again...

usually in other elemental magic story the magician can't control other people mana... they can control free mana that exist that is how they can manipulate ice fire earth... but they can't manipulate fireball that other magician cast even if them self is a fire magician... so with that base i assume that ilina can't manipulate the ice monster coz the ice monster is made of mana and is a separate existence... the monster rule his own mana so it's impossible for ilina to manipulate the monster...

3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is probably one of the exceptions of people who can get out so it wouldn't be that relevant.

I wouldn't say that's usual. It's usual that you need a higher level of skill to do it. Hwaya was blocking the drake's fire attacks for example. When it sent up lava to attack her she used the lava to form the animal kingdom. Ice girl fighting ice constructs could be like Magneto fighting Colossus.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    magneto and colossus doesn't have magical ability nor use mana so that can't become an analogy... and about hwaya blocking the drake skill further emphasis my point in that the same element resistant is higher... the drake lava is useless against hwaya that have high fire resistance... you could say that hwaya use the drake lava to build her fire army... but i also could say that that lava is only a residual after attack so hwaya can use that free lava to build her army... the author wrote that "the lava fell in clump and began to take different form" it's not like hwaya suddenly manipulate the lava to attack the drake... the lava clump that fell already lost the control of the drake that why hwaya can manipulate it...

5. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not said if this is a special benefit to dungeon explorers but a cel work inside the dungeon, so other kind of tech should work too like unmaned drones and the like so then it would be easy to know info about a dungeon even withouth sending people

neither the drake nor Hwaya are made of fire or magma so this is also a diferent case, I personal think that is possible but then it should have a limited efect like instead of being unable to tear them apart or disolving them, but if is capable of restrict their movement then it would be enoug to do all the things that she said she was doing, even eat them. if there was a case that is somewhat similar I think that would be a necromancer and zombies

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is exactly what i was saying... the author never say anything about ordinary people beside the one enter the dungeon not knowing what inside the dungeon... i was just to lazy to pick other option so i just go with that... the prime minister know exactly that the dungeon is an ice dungeon...

no hwaya and the drake is not made of fire but their power is based of fire... and restricting movement still not implying that ilina can manipulate the ice monster... there is lot's of way to restrict movement... she can froze the monster after that is easy she can just throw huge ice ball to crush the monster...

this is from ch 159 this actually explain that same attribute power resist each other and like i said ilina is really strong... she is stronger or at least as strong as ruyue coz when even ruyue an ice elemental can't deal huge damage to the golem to the point that the golem is fine after accepting her attack while ilina can kill and eat the golem...

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what you consider magic. Magic is science in Marvel so any form of energy manipulation is technically magic in Marvel. Regardless, them not having magic is irrelevant to it being an analogous situation. It's an example of someone having control over the material another person is made of. Another type of example would be blood bending from Avatar.

Hwaya didn't block the lava with her body so it's not fire resistance. She took over the attack and made it her own. The reason the lava fell is because she took control of it from the drake.

8. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does magneto have mana?? does colossus armor made of mana?? and magneto doesn't have the power to manipulate metal he manipulate magnetism... and even if both of them use magic they still have different element so magneto still not manipulating colossus metal armor but magneto manipulating magnetic force to bend colossus armor... like i said free mana is free to manipulate...

that is your interpretation but that maybe not what the author meant... if she really take over the lava why don't she just send the lava back... why the author must write that the lava lump fall to the ground first than hwaya turn those lava into animal army why not she directly turn the lava into animal seeing that the animal she created mostly bird type... and you know what's better if hwaya can manipulate the drake fire ability why don't she just erase all the drake attack so that her team can easily kill the drake without endangering them...

9. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the main plot in this novel? I'm quite interested.

SerialBeggar likes this.
  10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Any form of energy manipulation in Marvel is technically magic because magic and science are the same thing. That means Ironman is technically considered a type of mage. This is a lot of mental gymnastics for something I can easily find another example for. Like I said, blood bending in the Avatar also works. They use ki to bend I believe so you can call it magic. Or you can look for someone like Molecule Man. The point was to show how someone controlling another's body looks in a fight.

It's not my interpretation it's what happened in the story. The drake was using a lava attack to attack her. That's why the lava was shooting into the air in the first place. She then took control of the lava and formed her attack. Why do you think the lava randomly fell to the ground instead of hitting her? Because she took control of it. Hwaya did spend most of the fight countering the drake's ability to shoot fire. She's not so powerful that could do it easily though. Also half the drake's attacks were physical attacks.

11. Jinnai.l

Jinnai.l The Jerkaiser, Ruler of 108th dimension,Jinny

Reading List:
    Link
    No I mean someone who so good with ice magic that she is level at godly. Shin is good and might be great someday but he won't be the best at raw ice soccery.

Unless you fail to notice I am talking about deific manifestation. That skill have ability to summon spirit of a long lost master in the User field. Shin get a spear wielding hero (Peruta). Yu get a master assassin (fit for her stealth style). Iliana is nearly at Hwaya in raw power and possibly at the miko in potential and that without any formal training. Handing her that skill will not only get her control but will amplify her battle arsenal to the level that even Hwaya will refuse to take head on.

Think about it. The backbone of Shin ability is the Peruta circuit and technique he learn or derive from Peruta. Yu went from what I expect is A or low S class awaken to someone who can possibly put up a good fight against Hwaya who have years of both experience and training in magic on top of of SS level scorch earth ability. And number of their accomplishment explodesthe moment they learn this skill, surpassing veteran who have been climbing dungeon for years in Minuscule amount of time...and it is rising exponentially.

Forget the class.... this single skill is overpower thing in early-late phase and the only condition is to solo 5th floor boss... This deal is totally broken.

12. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly Shin could make all of them elementalists as subclass just by using the summoning circle. We know from him being a tamer, it is possible to get reduced benefits just from qualifications, (bonding with Plena) even without the subclass. (But cannot actually summon Plena into any dungeon)

The only real issue is whether they can find a compatible elemental. This is an issue of both elemental affinity and the soul (individual elemental compatibility.) For example, Shin has lightning affinity to due to the rat boss crystal drops but his soul is compatible specifically to Peika and not any other lightning elemental. His soul is compatible to Ruyue who was sealed in Fairy Garden so the summoning would have done nothing. If they all use the summoning and can find one that is compatible they qualify in getting the subclass. But again it is like finding the owner of a pair of glass slippers.

In terms of elemental affinity and resistance, it is partly a matter of difference in strength and physical force. For example you can start a fire around a forest fire to prevent the forest fire from spreading, two fires canceling each other out. However if you use a grenade and a small fire cracker, it is clear that the grenade is gonna blow the smaller firecracker away.

If we use this to compare the ice monsters and the ice Mage. The SS mage doesn't need to control the ice monster body, she can either crush it with physical force like a boulder or use a more powerful ice blast to crush and snuff out the monster like the analogy of the two flames or the two differently sized explosives

13. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they can't find them on Earth, they can take Dimensional Mercenary Quests and travel to different worlds to search.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure the summoning circle only works for a single planet. Did the fairy races have their own dimension or was that a different story? It certainly seems like they know the MC no matter where he goes.

15. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was the Fairy Garden, which was never properly explained. Could also be that the wild elementals follow him, especially the one who keep saying "spin spin" or the one always complaining about the 'rollercoaster' giving him motion sickness.

16. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    To put it briefly:

After years of harsh training by his father, the kid (MC) is invited by his father to enter the Dungeon where he can fight monsters to get even stronger and for gold. The kid learns that there are others climbing the levels in the Dungeon that are not from Earth, they're from multiple worlds/dimensions it seems. Kid learns that all of these other Dungeon explorers are using the Dungeon to get skills and strength, so they can fight the demons that are invading their worlds. If the pattern holds, Earth will experience an invasion too.

JackStone likes this.
  17. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +Many girls, female monster/elemental that love him ^^

Paps likes this.
  18. ebito

ebito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this marvel thing it getting to far... first you put magneto and colossus as an analogy that doesn't really relate and i already explain why... and read how the author really emphasis the importance of mana to the point that shin father stuck is a stage for 20 years before he learn to use mana... if you want to bring something as an analogy bring thing that similar to how this story is...

try this as a simple analogy... say that some one threw water at you and you block it with an umbrella the water drop to the ground... this is the same thing with hwaya... she defend the lava attack and the lava lose power and fell to the ground... see the similarity... and no hwaya is not countering the drake attack she is blocking them coz with how the author explain element resistance in ch 159 hwaya power can't do much to the drake... and like i said if hwaya can control the drake power why not make the fire attack disappear and give her an easier time defending... no it's not coz she is not strong enough it's coz in this story so far it's imposible to do...

i don't know why you are so caught up with someone controlling someone else...

19. NoobElite

NoobElite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So his first elemental was Peika (electric girl) which he got from low level contract mastery first summon try, second one was Ruyue (ice wolf) which he got from the sealed world and as his mid level contract mastery elemental. As the third one we have the metal ball that is at the moment in the dungeon at fairy garden? which we can assume is metal elemental? Do you guys think he is going to get high level contract mastery after Beyond 4 and what is he going to use it for also imbuing it to the spear since metal and all??

Also what do you say about Ye-Eun always going about "I am so going to beyond". Do you think she can? I hope not because well I like her the least of all the harem and it would be so lame for her to also be able to do it.

20. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well she is the best candidate. She easy solo floor boss, have good reflex tactic ect. hwaya only have overwhelming firepower (movement and anything other are far to low)and i dont think she will last long in a 1 vs 1 with Ye-Eun or shins dad. the other girls are just medicore