LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since I'm definitely one of the people you are referring to I'll go ahead and reply for myself.

The crux of it is your last sentence. Solesky may be able to amass great wealth and get valuable items, but what can he actively search for or hunt down that Ning can't go search for or hunt down on his own.

So you aren't understanding, I at least never said Solesky was to weak to find treasures, I said he was to weak to do anything that Ning couldn't just go and do himself.
    Ning just made his breakthrough and that combined with his Sword Arts, Hegemon Armor plus Heart World and Novessence Thunder plus his Strong Body.... so what if he doesn't have an everlasting water form. With all those supportive arts and defensive treasures even if Solesky defense is higher it is negligible so.
    Pure defense with no items or supportive arts. Ya, Solesky way overpowers Ning in Defense. But with all the added things Ning has to reduce other people's power and reduce damage... he should be able to go anywhere Solesky can with just as much safety.

2. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning's survival abilities are nowhere close to Solesky's at the moment. When I said "excluding the protagonist" I was talking about luck and plot armour. No matter how strong or weak he is, Ning is obviously going to keep randomly stumbling onto mind-bogglingly overpowered things, because that's just how the story works. But that's something we know as readers; as a character in the story, finding amazing treasures everywhere he goes isn't something Ning can realistically count on, and most of the things Ning really needs aren't things that can be sought, they can only be found through luck. Similarly, we know that no matter how dangerous a place is, Ning is obviously going to be fine, but from his perspective there's a high chance that he'll die. Solesky being able to explore dangerous places safely has a huge advantage there, from the perspective of anyone in the story.

And when it comes to Ninedust, with him not being the protagonist, being owed a massive favour by a strong Eternal Emperor is still something really valuable.

Viola likes this.
  3. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said. People are getting caught up in the main characters halo that allows for him to eventually get all the best things and disregarding the other character's merits because of it. By the power of being a main character one can gain something hegemon's covet while they are still a mortal.

4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    People are getting caught up in the main characters halo?

Or maybe people are specifically comparing him to the main character because this is a story about Ning not everyone else in the multiverse.

If you don't compare Solesky to anyone then ya, he is strong as fuck.
    I at least am not saying Solesky has no merits, just that they are nothing good compared to Ning.

Viewing this from two different lenses with invariable lead us to see two different things.
    You view him from a different perspective then I do.

5. Shadowhouse

Shadowhouse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I admit I was wrong but he had only learned up to the 7th stance

6. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    And now he jas them all lel

Edit: I feel like his clone or twin are gonna speed up time and train in them now while mc is exploring...

7. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Damnit they were the guardians of the sithe lmao.... I'm gonna flip a table if Jedi show up

Mercy, Urbek Mazino and Viola like this.
  8. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning asked, “Senior, which of the fruits in the nine regions are the most valuable?” Since there were nine command seals in total, he’d definitely have to try and find the most valuable one.

“Hey, this kid’s pretty smart.”
    xianxia intelligence...

9. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    After i dont know how many books Ning is gonna use the Heartsword art
    I wonder how much stronger hell be ...
    Maybe he can even fight The number 1 guy for longer and without being totaly supresed like before lel

10. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls let the fruits be the way for him to get ol'space emperor to revive his wife. I'm so sick of him harping on her already... hell even after reviving his parents they only appeared for a few chapters before being pushed to the back of everything. Did his parents ever meet his cousin? I don't remember. Did Ning continue exploring the Dark region of the 3 realms? Think not. Did he or any daolord continue to master the primordial laws? That was such a huge deal back when.... Why doesn't Ji Ning talk about his other force? I think it was Taiji or some other force? Matter of fact how come only and ONLY Heartforce is only ever mentioned? Ninedust should be a Taiji force trainer but no one has said shit about that or any of all the other forces IET has previously created when he was in that region created by that daolord to find a person to inform his sect that he'd died by those 3 guys chasing him.

All the inconsistences are hella annoying but IET is still one of my favorite authors. I just really wish he'd sure up his shit damn! I hope really HOPE he's gotten better in his last 2 novels (which I haven't read yet)

Also is Seeking the flying sword path really Swallowed Star's sequel or are people saying that because it takes place in the same universe and or because the MC's surename is Qin? I did not like Swallowed Star...

BlackSilver12 likes this.
  11. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    He wint revive her now hell do it on the last chap of the novel thats all i know lel

12. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    she wont come back till the last chapter

13. deusmaximus

deusmaximus New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck? Does he just bring her back in the last chapter? What the hell is he doing for most of the story? Will become the supreme lord of all universes?

14. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Classic IET romance

josh_15 and Saitama.sensei like this.
  15. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    His parents haven't met his cousin, irrelevant for IET lol
    About forces though.. forces are basically the dao, I remember northrest said that you train in forces so that when you go to different chaosworlds you can control those similar daos in that chaosworld cause every chaosworld have different heavenly daos. Basically any force(dao) that you train to the 6th level will permit you to become a world level cultivator through that dao and it was mentioned that ning had reached the world level in various other daos. As for heartforce, although it is a force like sword force or taiji force or space time force, it's also a cultivation path like ki refining or fiendgod body refining so it's different.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  16. RatingEmperor

RatingEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't entirely think that counts as an inconsistency Ji Ning learned from Northrest that a good way to improve his swordforce to the 5th level was to learn other forces then combine those with his sword. The most likely reason for this being that all daos contain similarities. The different forces essentially construed an in depth understanding of that particular dao which could be used regardless of which chaosworld you were in. Heartforce is fundamentally different from those being a separate power source completely and as we found out later is one of the three cultivation paths. Heartforce, Fiendgod, Ki Refining basically amounting to refining the soul, body and mind. The understandings of Taiji no longer matter to Ning as he has embarked upon the path of the sword, but technically he has fused that into his sword through the Ying Yang stance he has.

17. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally forgot about all that but I do remember now. God that stuff feels like forever ago though!

Yeah, I don't like spoilers so thanks but no thanks.

Wouldn't know lol I haven't technically finished any of the 4 IET novels I've read...

18. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to finish them to know what it's like, basically after some hardship - million to billion years MC gets the girl, and then author ignores her like every other character who was too weak.

Saitama.sensei and Viola like this.
  19. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe CD was an exception.. he got the girl in merely a few decades but she was ignored later so yeah :blobpats:

20. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    in LXY he just got the girl too :D

Saitama.sensei likes this.