LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's true, I kinda forgot about LXY now that it's being put on hold due to the QI BS :facepalm:.. but I bet she'll get forgotten soon, especially in this upcoming arc where he has to cure himself :blob_coughblood:

2. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    the upcoming book isnt about the cure yet :D
    and i cant wait to read it on not lnmtl

3. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    >No cheating allowed in the Temple, no dao-seals/secret arts will work
    >But Universe Treasures are completely okay and usable
    confusion.jpg

4. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they do say that a weapon is 'a part of your strength' but I still agree with you lol.. but we all know this is a precursor for winesage showing up, allowing JN to somehow level up by either advancing in his omega sword dao or comprehending at least the 'second tier' of the heartsword..

5. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Swallowed Star the "fmc" is also allready forgotten ^^
    maybe winesages weapon get destroyed and ning can use it a basis for his swords ^^

6. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly doubt that cause eternal level treasures are impossible for ning or anyone else in crimsonwave temple to destroy, much less a universe treasure.. but any things possible I guess

7. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be destroyed there, remember the broken universe sword. Considering the Sithe could create Hegemons that were so strong that it took 2 other hegemons to destroy it I believe they could destroy universe level weapons and probably were the ones that damaged that one. Though, since the temple is for training I don't see why they would put that much firepower into it, easier to just dampen the effects of the weapons like what they do with heartforce. Allow some of its power to be used but not all.

8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt the Crimson wave Palace has enough power at this time to destroy a Universe treasure, maybe in its prime with those two Hegemon Constructs and who knows what else.
    But right now it has been conquered and it's strongest Guardians and presumably defensive aspects have been destroyed.

In the end I think we just don't know enough about Universe Treasures to even guess on the kind of beating they can take.
    Even eternal treasure are indestructible amongst fellow Daolords (top tier ones) and barring a hegemons interference I don't think it's stated what it takes to break those.

We need more knowledge it.

9. Ale Cole

Ale Cole [FGO Newbie][Uninteresting][Onee-san Searcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the thing is that if the CWP guardians can destroy and Universe Weapon... lol nope. "Seems" no one can. BUT stop it, I betcha 1 or 2 can. It even took 1 year to Winesage to cross so in some way or another his Universe treasure was held back (it's a race against time after all, don't think he stopped to train or try the guardians without his trasutre)

and also Realmsoul Polo suggested Ning and Ninedust to learn the arts on the pillars, which means that it's gotta be hard as heck to defeat those guardians. Also I bet he gave the same advice to Ninedust cus he knows his allpowerful Universe Treasure can be stopped by these guardians

10. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely don't think Hegemons can destroy universe treasure but who know what else was in the CWP before the sithe lost. Its super unlikely that anything can destroy them. I was just leaving a sliver of a chance for all those here who hate absolutes.

Perhaps we will find a higher level of treasure later and people who can destroy Universe Treasures but nothing known or speculatednow can. Imo.

As for suppressing them. Oh ya, anyone stronger than winesage with his universe treasure could suppress it. Just a matter of a treasure only being able to show it's true power wielded by the truly strong. While winesage is strong he isn't a Hegemon or sacred city level expert yet.

Ale Cole likes this.
  11. Ale Cole

Ale Cole [FGO Newbie][Uninteresting][Onee-san Searcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    He's almost as good as a Immortal Palace Lord, and also there's this new Hegemon from who knows where who tried to become a higher existence so we do know there's someone above Hegemon (also remember Paragon of Pills became stronger after it was supposed to be impossible to keep growing after becoming an Eternal Emperor).

So, there's gotta be a higher level and probs in some hundred chapters we'll know something about it :v

Viola likes this.
  12. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Bertulu will ever get mentioned again, he was one of the few people Ning didn't beat back during the world-level arc and he seemed pretty strong.

Ale Cole likes this.
  13. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning 9th stage heartsword art = look at how badass i am.

seriously though, he should've started cultivating it in parallel with his other heartforce techniques.
    to point out, he specializes in sword arts, even his heartworld is a sword world, using illusions and soul attacks isn't his forte.

14. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    does it matter if he is mentioned? maybe during a mega timeskip you will get to know his daomerge result

15. SunOverMoo

SunOverMoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt a reason why he didnt given a few chapters ago?

16. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can call that a reason.. he spent literally, hundreds of thousands of years trying to come up with illusions but couldn't think of ways to improve his comprehension of the heartsword art? What ticks me off is that he has a primal twin that could also meditate on other things but it's never mentioned.. it's like all he has is his true body and an avatar and his primal twin is just a statue watching over the three realms

Edit: not to mention his primal twin has the incense reunion thingy ma jig that helps a shit load in comprehension but other then using it in the terror star sea it's like it was forgotten..

17. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe we're supposed to assume that the primaltwin using the stone censer is the only reason he was able to grasp the heartsword so easily?

I do agree that it seems like he spent way too long on purely supportive heartforce skills for being a sword cultivator though

18. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    When will this Mega Time skip happen?

19. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Winesage arrives...
    Ning battles him again, this time to a standstill, he makes some sort of breakthrough, beats the black armoured general and gives the void sea jade seal to nibedust.. there I just translated the rest of the book :LOL:

Viola likes this.
  20. RatingEmperor

RatingEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Ji Ning waiting so long to cultivate the heartsword art was just him being efficient, he mentioned multiple times how abstruse the sword art was and difficult to train in. Hence waiting till he reaches a high enough level in his sword dao before embarking on it just saves time in the future. If Ji Ning hadn't already reached the 3rd step in his Omega Sword Dao he would likely be waiting countless years before he reached the 10th stance while now he's achieved that in a few years. The illusions on the other-hand have very little to do with his sword and are pretty much the bread and butter of heartforce cultivators hence necessary. Currently Ning just reached the 3rd step and has no hope of improving his Omega Sword Dao in the near future while being in desperate need of a power upgrade so he really had no choice.