Spoiler The Path of the Cannon Fodder's Counterattack

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 12, 2017.

1. foxymirage

foxymirage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor is the overbearing type ML that is easily angered, easily jealous and distrust practically everyone. But I kinda understand why he is the way he is...as technically everyone has ulterior motives when they're nice/trying to curry favour with him. Example could be seen when his concubine Ran Fei sends porridge to him that is laced with aphrodisiac. He just couldn't believe that someone as naive/easily read as MC would truly love him unconditionally without asking for anything in return. He is pretty lenient with the MC and gives the MC a lot of time to come clean to him if he suspects MC ever doing anything suspicious. (And sometimes MC just doesn't want to tell him/is just too oblivious to understand his meaning...thus angering him in return). And trust me, I think he does give MC a lot of chances to come clean and confess (even when the MC constantly test his limits). To be fair, he does tell MC not to test his limits too often, but MC just triggers everything around him lol

2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed.

The reason why I didn't like the OTP in this story (I only MTL'ed) in the beginning is that the ML is the domineering, easily angered type while the MC is the user type. I mean, isn't like 90% of the (early) story MC using the ML to achieve his goal of revenge?

It's really super unromantic at the start. I haven't MTL'ed until the end but up to where I read (after MC leaves for the other country) there is like, almost zero real romance. There's sex but not anything like love yet.

Despite that, I do enjoy the story. The revenge plot is good, the scheming is okay, MC is the "active" type, and some parts are darkly humorous.

Ease, alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  3. rainymist

rainymist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg i love the spoilers!!
    can anyone give me the link to the raws? i want to mtl it..
    thanks! :)

Phrille0507 likes this.
  4. Phrille0507

Phrille0507 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! can anyone share the link for this novel here? i want to try to mtl also but i don't know where to get the raws...Thanks ^__^

5. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this was actually my first chinese novel i read ever xD
    i loved the first few translated chapters and because i was impatient (like i always am), i actually tried to read it in chinese. although i know chinese for some years now, i still suck at memorizing new characters, so yeah. it was quite heard at first >___<

i read about 80% of the novel (i kinda skipped the part where MC was in the other country and just began reading again when the emperor and MC meet again).

about the first sex scene, if memory serves me right, there was a chain of events leading up to it:
    so the emperor was getting impatient for not getting any (he was already rejected twice by MC and MC was running out of excuses. the first one was "not having prepared/not being ready", the second one was the night before MCs dance so he used the "i heard it will hurt the first time, so we can't bc i need to dance tomorrow" LOL). after the dance (when the emperor implied that they will have sex, no excuses anymore), MC decided to get hurt by sword from an "enemy". he actually got hurt pretty bad, around the chest/shoulder area and the doctor said they can't do any heavy exercise.
    note that at that time, i am pretty sure that the emperor suspected already that MC isn't really an eunuch, he always asked MC if he had something to tell him, he wanted to hear the truth from MC personally.
    so when he suspected that MC got hurt deliberately (after all, that's the second time MC got hurt before they wanted to do it), he was kinda mad. so when emperor fed him soup (from that concubine with the aphrodisiac), MC wasn't aware that it was drugged (the emperor/ML knew). during that time the ML asked MC again if he had something to say. MC denied.
    the ML began to kiss him and after a while the MC felt hot and weak and muddleheaded, the ML started taking off his clothes. MC tried to hide "it" and questioned himself why he would have this reaction. the ML saw his expression and said that the soup was drugged by the concubine and it was originally for him/ML.
    the sex then happened when the MC was weak and muddleheaded and he felt the ML take off his clothes. he was scared to death (bc now the ML knows his secret!) and wanted to escape, but the ML then kinda took him anyway. there was a sentence when MC felt a sharp pain and then after a while he felt pleasure....*winkwink* (and yes, that's all from the scene. it wasn't elaborated...
    (btw, i don't know if that is hard core rape, bc the MC always liked the things they did before and he was liking it, too before the drug took effect)
    and then he fell unsonscious. when he woke up, he was sore, had love bites everywhere, especially on neck and shoulder and the ML was gone to do attend court.
    he was kinda confused as to why he was spared.
    oh and the prince from the other country was there to pick him up (MC made a deal with him the night before and MC actually planned to run away from the palace the next day anways) so at the end the MC left with the help of the prince.
    but on the way before reaching the border, they got a message (or was ist only the prince?) that the ML will let him take MC away for a period of time to order the prince to protect the MC, bc if not, then the prince's country will suffer...or something like that. anyway, the ML knew of MCs escape pretty much the moment the MC left the palace gate, but ML still let him go (but only for a time, lol).

7. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    What I did today in class..... rough fanart?

//I can only do chibis

Attached Files:

Kittsune likes this.
  8. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    How many times do ML and MC do the deed? And with what kind of circumstances? :love:

9. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After MC returns to the palace, it's implied that he and the emperor do the deeds pretty much every night, but it's all fade to black scenes. You can only read the beginning, then it's the next morning.
    The sex part is not that important, it's the conflicts and jealousy and misunderstandings that's higlighted and explained.

Misaki Yata likes this.
  10. Lotus200

Lotus200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does the ML allow the MC to leave? And do you know whether the emperor finds out about the MC being revived and why he hates MQ?

11. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it follows the principle of "You do not know the value of something until it's gone"
    After MC leaves the ML and has the chance to think about it without him near, it gives him some space and time to clearly think over things. "Distance also makes one fonder" could also be a part of it. If he has feelings for the others, they would become clearer~

Emperor finds out about his past life and why he hates Mo Qi~ He doesn't know anything about them being modern people though, just that they had lived once before in the same period and died.

12. aNonYm0U5

aNonYm0U5 I’ll do it tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link

What are the things ML thought about after MC left???

And why and how did MC leave???

13. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    MC wanted to run away from the palace in the first place because he was still a full male and the palace was like the ultimate stress place and death trap. He wanted to be freer and live a nice life, you can't really do that as a eunuch, being a eunuch is pretty much serving others until your death bed... or you get dismissed, but most are killed for mistakes. Well, Fu Yujun got him out, though the Emperor let him go after a small fight

Well, the Emperor is always keeping tabs on Ling Xiao not that he knew of until recently, you don't really get much of a point of view from him so I don't really know~

Peachiii, Misaki Yata and alexfilia like this.
  14. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean ML knew MC's plans???

And what fight??? What did they fight for???

15. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's an ass**** but the MC is-- not really a good person either. When I mtl it felt like they use each other a lot before real feelings get involved (and harem means compliance of nobles = more power/stability to the emperor reign. This is why I'm not into emperor MLs because harem in this setting IS more necessary than not).

readerz likes this.
  16. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me what other role did that Xiao Laizi partake in???? i mean his fate was really pitiful..

Xiao Laizi- one of the servant Mo Qi bribed in order to stage an assassination on Fu Yujun
    Fu Yujun- supporting male character from another country.

17. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Never showed up again

18. aNonYm0U5

Reading List:
    Link
    after all those transmigration/rebirth stuff i've been reading about pitiful side chracters... i'm imagining something about that situation....

readerz likes this.
  19. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea the side characters are pitiful

readerz likes this.
  20. Dayong9909

Dayong9909 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the emperor doesnt really love the mc. Someone Said that mc asked the emperor to dissolve the harem which nearly got him Killed but after he gave the weapons he was spared.