LCD Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 19, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get why he's not sharing the irregular spawn condition info with the general public. If people knew what caused the spawns, then there would be far fewer deaths and the prices of the ores and low level equipment would drop. Which would make it much cheaper for him to make higher tier equipment, which would make it easier for him to get rich faster.

I also don't understand why he's not sharing any info about the item book with his party. Does he just not trust them to keep it a secret? If he does trust them, then knowing about it will improve team motivation and make it easier to horde ores and items rather than selling them to the government.

He should also consider teaming up with that merc group to make and sell items. If he did, he could make a vast fortune far more quickly and cheaply. Assuming that he could trust them of course, but that's what contracts are for and allying with them would give him quick access to gear of all levels. Heck, even if he doesn't trust them enough to ally with them, he could still probably rent equipment with them based on their current relationship (if he hadn't just cut ties with them).

Alternatively, he could just work up a bit of money and start buying cheap weapons and ores. None of the things he actually knows how to make reliably sell at a loss, so he should be able to snowball it quite easily and quickly increase the number of extremely expensive items that he knows how to make. He could even create exclusivity deals with hunter parties to get them to sell their drops to him instead of auctioning them off or selling them to the government. It would be cheaper for him and more rewarding/stable for them.

I'm sure people would catch on eventually, but by then he should be one of the richest people in Korea. So even if the government forced him to turn over the recipes, he should still be in a very good position to continue making money in some other way.

Arkeus and RANTMAN like this.
  2. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, I think you hit the nail with your arguments. There is something rotten with how the story currently flows.

3. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. Actuall explanation...
    ... And there he find book with crafting recipe, so he can be like in real game ha ha ha. I'm awesome! Now lets GRIND FOR ITEMS!!!!

What I meant to say is author probably goes for the greedy grindy gamer route in gamelike setting, not for smart businessman route in real world setting :)

If he wanted to make businessman MC he would drop him crafting recipe book as first item so he can work his way from the bottom while crafting stuff.

4. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think you can buy ores i swear it said the government buys all the ores from hunters :/

5. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    The irregular spawn hat he's been regularly facing is because of the 0 level skill right? It won't help the public who have 1 and above skills though.

6. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't because of too fast clear speed? Its not like irregulars depends on our mc to spawn. It was said about wave of irregulars in the whole world if I remembered correctly.

Sircus likes this.
  7. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. What he does and how he is written is a bit contradictary. If the author had written him to be out for himself alone then it would make sense, but the author hasn't done that. I would prefer if he had though, sick of the MC picking up people who are frankly useless sods. I don't think he has done anything yet which he could not have done solo, apart from the second incident with the irregular (the one where his teammates ambush it with a rock). When he gave away the passive skill book I was furious.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The government certainly buys a lot of them, but it said in one of the earlier chapters that one of the ores was used as a component in cellphones, so businesses must buy them too. Also, it always says that they sell them at the auction, which implies multiple buyers as well.

He also couldn't have saved the suicidal idiot, nor could he have fought multiple enemies in the beginning. The only reason it feels like he doesn't need them right now is because their gear sucks and he hasn't done much to help them with their individual or group fighting skills. If he was serious about being a party leader, they'd all be much more useful right now. Even more so after using the crafting book to upgrade their gear.

Why be pissed? He's benefited more than anyone from giving it away and he couldn't have sold it for worthwhile amount anyway. Giving it to her was one of the best decisions he's made.

9. The Darkness

The Darkness 『False God』

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this

10. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    A Korean Novel.

11. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt everytime a normal party cleared a dungeon quickly an irregular would spawn. If that was the case, people would have realised it by now already.

12. ahoppy

ahoppy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he could be considered to have caused the level 1 dungeons to disappear some people will blame him no matter what. In the story we've also seen several instances of corruption. I wouldn't be trusting just any one myself. Someone forgot that without a special skill book you can only have one skill.

13. ClearMadness

ClearMadness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just badly written.

14. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    i stopped reading at one point cause i had to pay in cafebux points raged then went and re read a series, also another argument is why the hell didnt anyone take the level 0 skill when he put up for auction? also can he use multiple skills? or something because that's what I'm inferring from what you wrote.

15. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    I think after new event (appearance of 0 lvl skillbooks) the irregulars can spawn but with low chance. Having someone with 0 lvl skill can boost this chance and so the other conditions like fast clear time. So with two members having 0 lvl skll and fast clear time its probably 99% chance to spawn an irregular.
    Btw i think that 0 lvl skill books is growth type of item. So it will evolve to lvl 1,2,3... after some time

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The irregulars are a recent occurrence and most non-leisure parties actually clear at a fairly slow pace, or at least, that was the impression I got. Since leisure parties were banned, dungeon clearing in general got slower, especially since people were probably going slower than normal to try to avoid accidentally bumping into an irregular. Recently, they've been less worried about it and the leisure parties have been reinstated and the dungeon timers have been cut in half, so the odds of meeting an irregular will skyrocket if people don't know the spawn conditions.

Why would anyone think that he was responsible? Even he doesn't think that. He suspects a connection between the various odd events, but the only reason to blame him specifically is because he's the MC and no one in-universe knows that.

If trust is the issue, then he should focus on finding a team that he can trust or on building trust within the team that he already has. You don't really want to be putting your life into the hands of people you don't trust and not trusting them is holding the whole team back.

Unless you were referring to the business deal with the larger organization? If so, then that's why I mentioned contracts. As long as he wasn't demanding a massive share, was still helping with the item collection, and wasn't completely forthcoming about the recipes, a good contract should be enough to protect him. Or, as I said, he could just use them to fill up his book and then dump them without ever mentioning item fusion.
    I wouldn't go that far yet. Its certainly flawed, but that's true of most stories.

Its not really clear yet. In general, no he can't. But since his skill appears in his left eye rather than his right, its possible that he could learn a second skill. It would be very risky to try though since if he couldn't, he'd lose his current skill which is probably one of the best in the world.

SeiraJLoyard and Rreelentless like this.
  17. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    That...doesn't really make sense. How is it the leisure party, that's doing the dungeons for fun take less time than the ones doing it for cash?

Also, your suggestion that he should make a trustworthy team isnt wrong. Problem is lack of good members in general. He doesn't have many acquaintance's, the people who do the level 2 dungeons now are either already in a party or are too weak cos they should actually have been dungeoneering in level 1 dungeons. Hiring mercenaries won't work either cos they would be expensive. He's slowly building a team though. The porter girl is the first member.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Because their gear is far far better. The general teams take level 0-1 gear into a level 1 dungeon while the leisure teams take level 2-3 gear. Even the worst member of a leisure party can at least 1v1 anything in they encounter while a general party needs to at least 2v1 to have decent odds of survival. Therefore, leisure teams clear faster.

Yeah, I understand why its hard to just go out and find good teammates, but that's why I said he should focus harder on making the teammate he has now good. Manager Kim is the only one that's got an actual attitude problem, but even he is getting better. The rest just need more training, especially group training, and some socializing time to build stronger bonds and improve team coordination.

Still, if he doesn't want to bother with building trust or putting together a trustworthy team, then he should just go the pure business route and buy all the ingredients before combining the weapons and reselling them. He'll achieve his yogurt dream and his housing dream in no time at all with plenty of money to spare even after kitting himself out in high level gear.

19. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like counting cards in blackjack. The less people know, the better it is for me.

20. Anubis021

Anubis021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Why he doesn't inform the public about irregulars - if the public knew, he would lose the monopoly on new an unique items and skills, and the fact that he could discover that information would put him in a spotlight which could endanger his secrets.

2) Why he doesn't share information with the party - he mentioned multiple times that he doesn't really trust them yet (if he ever will), also he doesn't have to sell the ores, he can just replace them with his money, and pretend he sold them.

3) Money making - he can't buy ores from the government, and buying them from other parties is not an option (firs the government would not allow it, second people would wonder why he needed them and third he doesn't have the necessary connections to make that happen). He also can't sell too many items or he would stand out (the same problem as with 1), and he couldn't become the richest man quickly because his weapon database is limited and would give him up after tens of sales.