LCD The World Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Renzy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Link:
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-world-online/

This novel is different from any other vrmmorpg novels because MC focuses on territory management. The only advantage of MC is he went back in time, he knows where to build a nice territory in the game and some past knowledge. The best thing is she has a cute little sister..

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Shadowsan likes this.
  2. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    On the way to the raw my friends!

3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn and that MC wasted all the future knowledge just for game, well done dude.

craz, jacobpaige and Darkwood like this.
  4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus [NUFs cutest Panda][Pandesu~][BootyFul][Hungry]

Reading List:
    Link
    The only “Raw” i accept is sushi, sashimi... pretty much any consumable raw food :3

5. Wayang Emperor The First

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw p..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    They gave a pretty good reason for his gaming lol.

Cant really comment on how good the novel is yet though.

7. Wayang Emperor The First

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol ikr~☆ X'D

8. Iramohs

Iramohs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't take reincarnated gaming novels seriously of this. You get reborn and instead of inventing Google you fucking play a video game.

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Should have just gone buy a lottery or do insider trading with stocks.

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    nah, he did it for his future too~ you should read it there's HOPE project because the earth within T.W.O timeline will become planet that cant be lived anymore so there's secret plan to use this game for training purpose but because its secret just people with influence/connection know its truth~
    this MC use that secret project knowledge from future for his advantage, in his past timeline he didn't know that because secret project purpose got monopolized by Ancient Wu clan[if i'm not wrong] and when its announced many people including him feel bitter about it~

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Littleton94, Hiji, craz and 2 others like this.
  11. asdf123

asdf123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this story is gonna feel so slow once the tl speed drops to 1 a week, gotta wait months at a time to read it :/

12. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1/day dude not week

Btw the translation is incostistent

13. potatotranslations

potatotranslations Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How so?

14. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    yeaterday : 4 chapter
    today : 4 chapter

15. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: "the wound was actually from a small, one-handed blade driven through his back into his chest, the handle shorn off by a blow from his halberd." This means that he was stabbed in the back right? If so, then how did he cut of the handle with his halberd? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

This is VR right? Then what screen froze?

Well, there's one thing we can say for 100% certain with a death penalty like that: the MC will never die. Not in hundred million years. There's not even a .0000000000000000001% chance of it happening, so there will be no tension in any fights going forward.

I hope this premise won't be super important going forward. It just feels like a pile of overly complicated, poorly connected, bull s***. The world is ending, lets spend 2/3 of our time making a game for no well explained reason. Even if it's explained later, the author still dropped the ball completely at the most critical moment, and few of the people that noticed will bother to read far enough in to see him pick it back up again.

C2: What is an eight year old doing wearing makeup? And how does he remember a promise to play with her that he made five years ago?

The world's population fell below 1 billion in under twenty years due to declining birth rates? Was there a Third World War or something that wiped out the other 7 billion prior to those twenty years? Or did the author not even bother to look up the world's population and just pull a "big" number out of thin air, not realizing how small it was compared to reality? Or, is the world China, and people outside of it don't matter enough to be counted?

I can already feel the sexism. I hope it won't be too pervasive.

This author is quite bad at writing dialogue.

C3: This is the guy that wrote SW? My expectations just fell even further.

We're three chapters in, and we still have no idea what any of this has to do with the end of the world, or why the person who betrayed him just thought of the game as a game to be abandoned and forgotten like any other.

Its very normal to have this cabin for all manner of games, and yet it was specially created for this specific game and intentionally overpriced so that no one would buy it. Does the author even use his brain, or does he just randomly type words and hope it makes sense by accident?

So, it'll feed him, but not clean up after him? That cabin is going to smell like a latrine before too long.

It would be a better game if it allowed you to transition between the two modes naturally.

There's no ranged damage dealer? Wtf kind of game design is that?

I kinda wish his Luck stat had been higher. It would help justify the numerous fortuitous events I'm sure he'll be experiencing in the not too distant future.

So, people have to play in their birth nation? You can't conquer the world, or try living in a different part of it? That's lame.

When it mentioned that there was only 1 Gold Token, I knew he'd get it. I just pray that it actually takes some form of effort on his part.

C4: So, there's a super intelligent AI (normally responsible for preventing all crime, everywhere in the world) watching his every move, and the first thing he does is cheat in a way that's impossible to ignore. At the bare minimum, he should have asked for a map and pretended to come up with the idea. As it stands, it looks like he acquired information about the scenario, illegally, in advance. Considering the implied importance of all this, that would likely qualify as treason for someone of his non-existent political backing. That is, before sunset, he should be dead or in jail and his sister in an orphanage, and yet I'm absolutely certain that's not going to happen because, as was previously stated, this author doesn't bother to use his brain for anything other than ballast.

I wonder if it'll take more than ten chapters for Confucius to join his cause? If so, I'll be shocked if it takes a full year.

C5: I can't help but think that it should be harder to raise the Loyalty of an Emperor grade official, and that the base Loyalty should be lower. They know their own worth, but not yours. Also, it's good for game balance.

How did that raft manage to carry the horse? From the description, they should feel grateful if it didn't fall apart with only the two humans on it.

No King or Emperor ranks? That's odd.

I think I might have tried the Blacksmith first since he has the iron. It could help him get a mine, better agriculture and better armaments for his soldiers quite early on. Trade is important, but it's not normally the first priority in these types of games.

That aside, why wasn't he allowed to dictate where the buildings would be placed? It's an extremely important decision.

Seriously? Already 90 Loyalty without doing anything to earn it? The author might as well have made his loyalty 100 to start with.

C6: He didn't build a fence, why would he have a gate?

I notice that there's no fifth promise "money to be spent."

Just how OP is that general that he can clear out bandit camps on his own?

Didn't it say that he'd upgrade automatically if he had the merit points? Why is he only a first grade baron when he has so many points?

C7: Ah, so its a magic market that he probably couldn't have built for ages, that acts as his pay-2-win machine. I see now why he chose it over the Blacksmith.

Since he doesn't have much of a workforce, I'd have waited on buying blueprints until just before sending them off to build something, just in case the General brought it back for free. 2 gold is far from nothing to him right now after all, and waiting is completely free.

Why would he need to buy those skill books? Doesn't he already know how to do all that stuff? Wasn't it already shown that if he simply does something, it will be registered as a skill? Buying those books was a complete waste of money.

I wonder how much an unbroken statue would have cost, and how long it'll take to repair the one that he bought.

C9: Why is he wasting his herder as a valet? Doesn't he have goats that need tending? They're a super important resource.

c13: I think I may need to start skipping the RL segments. The dialogue is just so awful and cringe worthy. Does the author really think that people talk like this? How long has it been since he talked to an eight year old?

C14: Seriously? That's all it takes to get a Hidden Class building, but you can still count the number of them on one hand? Is everyone in China such devout atheists that they can't bring themselves to upgrade their temples, regardless of the absolutely massive benefits? Its not like this info is hidden. It was listed in the statue's friggin' description. Or is it simply that he was the first to build a dedicated temple? Are no temples capable of being Hidden Class buildings now, regardless of religion?

Yeah, he totally has a Luck score of 5. The author definitely isn't just gifting him enchanted gear that's far better than anything anyone else in the game has access to. This doesn't completely break willing suspension of disbelief, as it is totally understandable that a friggin' enchanted ring would just be lying on the ground in a low level animal boss' lair in a game where drops of any kind are supposed to be nearly non-existent.

Didn't it say, just a few chapters ago, that no one could recruit Adventurers in the first year? I really wish this author would take notes on his own systems so that he could maintain internal consistency :/

C16: I think I would have gone with the school, assuming that it came with a teacher anyway. It would save 25 gold (an absolute fortune at the moment) and would be useful sooner than the Granary, which likely wouldn't be needed for months.

Why does the nobility progression go 3rd->2nd->1st when the village's progression goes 1st->2nd->3rd? That's just needlessly confusing.

Why doesn't the dojo require an instructor?

Since he has +50% population growth, how did anyone beat him to a 2nd tier village? Or do the Adventurers count towards the population limit? And if they do, how have these ultra rich people not hit 3rd tier or higher yet? The gaming cabinets are basically free for them, and they can just hire real world people to get in them and go populate their villages. They'd have max population, with all the required talents, from day one, as well as decades of experience in government planning, and mountains of insider information from having muscled their way into the beta tests and less "legitimate" sources.

C17: Why does he need to dry the fish first? I'd think fresh fish would be worth more, and he has the shop to sell everything to, so transport time is totally irrelevant. Of course, if he can't sell food to the system, then everything he said is meaningless since they don't have anyone to trade with right now, and aren't likely to any time soon.

So, the author is basically assuming that people who have spent their entire lives running one of the largest and most populous countries in the world, don't actually know how to run a country? Is he brain damaged or something?

If he still had 3100 units of food left, then he really didn't need to buy any food. Production would likely catch up to expenditure before the reserves ran out. Even if that wasn't the case, he still probably wouldn't have needed that much and could have bought the much smaller amount he actually needed at that time. Its not like there's a special fee to enter the market after all.

C18: "He was too lazy to go downstairs to get breakfast, so he fried up two eggs and drank a glass of milk for a simple breakfast." Does he have a hotplate and a mini-fridge in his room or something?

If he plays the game all night, and studies or plays with his sister all day, when does he sleep? Or does the game count as sleep?

C19: With his Luck of 5, at least one of his special talents should have been lazy, dishonest, incompetent, or whatever. At least, I assume that by how pleased he is with them being competent and honest. If its actually the default, then his attitude makes no sense at all.

C20: How was that teasing her? It was certainly a rude way to put it, but it wasn't teasing.

Is trade between players forbidden or something? Why couldn't you simply trade salt for swords (or whatever) with another player?

C21: If they don't know how to use a bow, its better not to give it to them. They won't be able to hurt anyone but themselves, or worse, the bows. Better to set them aside for now.

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but weren't his stats supposed to go up automatically every few levels? Why is his Luck still a 5?

C22: Once again, I am reminded that he has the absolute minimum luck allowed by the system. So it is totally natural that every single blueprint he needed, and all of equipment he wanted but couldn't make (including stuff that no one else will have access to for months, if not years), just fell into his lap by the grace of the RNG gods, along with several extra items and "rare" talents for good measure.

C23: So basically, with that one token, he's become the single greatest military power in the game by a fairly large margin. And he got it with very little effort, at basically no cost. There's also absolutely no chance that anyone else has obtained such a thing, even with their greater resources, Luck stats, game knowledge, and RL experiences and training. Yep, that's balanced. This guy's not a Gary Stu at all.

C24: He used 10 gold to buy two blueprints, at least one of which was specifically stated to cost 25 gold all on its own? Or was that just poor wording in the previous chapter and it was 5 gold each for 5 blueprints?

C25: I'm now fairly confident that this author has no friends, and hasn't had any for many years.

C26: How would notices help? Shouldn't almost all of his residents be illiterate?

So, was this beast tide he's prepping for something that every player knows about, or is he blatantly cheating again?

C27: At this rate, any "battle" he has is just going to be a roflstomp unless he's utterly incompetent. I was hoping that there was at least a chance that he might suffer even a single set back, but that was obviously stupid of me. The writing quality is utter garbage, the plot is non-existent and there's neither comedy, drama nor romance of any kind. I don't know how I managed to read so many chapters of this garbage, but I think I just stop now while I still have a few brain cells left.
    Inventing Google takes more talent than luck, as well as quite a bit of capital, patience, perseverance and social skills. Most MCs in these stories only have Luck and gaming skills, which aren't marketable skills in any sense outside of their specific game.

AlanJones likes this.
  16. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone read ahead? If possible I wanna ask if there’s a possible harem.

17. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its possible because in his second life... girls will be chasing him

18. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Luck probably caps out at 10 or something and average is 1 or 2 it would make complete sense as luck should be a ridiculously hard stat to to level as luck is in most games or unlikely the number of luck just relates to crit hits. But most likely is completely arbitrary cause followers all have luck too so MC is like :ROFLMAO: as some follower has capped luck or all luck stats additive to his own.

19. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, it was specifically stated that 5 was the absolute minimum. If I remember correctly, 10 was the norm, but higher was possible.

20. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    That that's so dumb unless luck works backwards and low is better but no i want to die from this bad writing level