LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Heavenly Dao of Primordial Chaos was the only Heavenly Dao that was constant even outside the Chaosworld. But Heavenly Dao are pretty weak and cultivators who travel in the chaos usually train in forces. (eg. swordforce, etc.). The Heavenly Dao were pretty useless in the end and Ji Ning only comprehended one to breakthrough Daofather.

2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    But it hasn't been forgotten, it just isn't Ning's specialty. And Ning is the MC so it seems forgotten but isn't.

Remember when Ning was in that Otherverse and investigating all the dead Hegemons.
    The most powerful strikes and Dao he found was from an expert who could kill Hegemons and specialized in the Dao of Primordial Chaos.
    If I were a betting man I think it is that Otherverse Lord who made those strikes and has that Dao.
    But what I am saying is it isn't forgotten entirely and is actually still a ridiculously strong path to walk. It just isn't Ji Ning's path.

Waaazzap likes this.
  3. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    We did, actually. There was that super powerful Hegemon in the alternate universe. But honestly, we were told early on that when taken to a certain level any Dao will become "complete"; as in it will rival the Heavenly Dao of Primordial Chaos. That was for breaking through the World level. At the world level, all Daos are equal, as every World level cultivator will eventually fully master the outer nature of their Prime Essence, and attempt to surmise the inner essence as they breakthrough to the Daolord level.

If you think about it, Primordial Chaos is likely the Heavenly Dao because Realmverses come from Primordial Chaos. In Bolin's Otherverse, it is likely the Heavenly Dao of Claw.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Waaazzap likes this.
  4. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never said he learned or mimic'd all Daos to the hegemon level, you may have to reread the chapter. Autarch level Dao just means his dao is so strong it can create an entire otherverse. That's a testament to the strength of one Dao, not to the knowledge of Autarch. Like how Ning sword dao is so strong he can rip through space-time. Even though he doesn't train in space-time or light Dao.

The Autarch doesn't suddenly comprehend all the Dao's in existence when they break through. That would make them all powerful and easily able to revive anything in existence because they would understand the entire universe(s). If you can provide a quote from the novel where it says the Autarch learned all Daos to hegemon level then I'll believe that, but I haven't read anything that explicitly says that.

Also, I don't think even a hegemon level numeracy guy/gal could create such a treasure. Waveshift made a treasure to allow for testing your Dao, but it didn't interfere with Daomerges. It's like giving a peek into what the process would be like. An "imperfect" Dao won't gain eternity, but waveshift allowed them to see where the process might go wrong so they could alter their Dao accordingly.

Viola likes this.
  5. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I didn't realize that was that hegemon's dao, I should reread that part. Thanks.

Viola likes this.
  6. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know that alternate universe was an Otherverse and not a Realmverse? Anyway, I'm certain that guy was a Hegemon, because Ji Ning couldn't even detect Bolin's Dao without the help of the altar. Autarchs and the Daobirth realm are too far beyond him, for now.

7. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    He can mimic them; that's why it's the Daobirth realm. The other Daos are from when he was a Hegemon. As an Autarch, he can easily learn any Dao he chooses; there's just no point because his Claw Dao is so far beyond Hegemons. Anyway, I don't think the Voidsea jadeseal is something like analyzing their Dao; if it was so simple, then any strong cultivator could do it for Daolords as well. Also, Solesky would not have been able to resolve mistakes so easily unless it was actually a test he failed, like Ji Ning learning the Sithe's techniques. It must be possible to affect the Daomerge for what Waveshift did to work.

Also, of course it's not right out stated (I think). I'm speculating. This whole conversation is about speculating. It started with me saying I think the treasure hunt will lead to a Daomerge treasure, so it must be speculation.

8. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the novel ever stated that it was an Otherverse or a Realmverse. But i do think that there is more than enough in the story to reasonably presume it is an Otherverse.

1. The fact the Brightshore was able to open up a dimensional passageway to it indicates that it should be far closer than a Realmverse which even Hegemons spend an unfathomable amount of time to travel to. This hints to the fact of how close they are in comparision.

2. How many Hegemons died in the centre of that realm. I think this speaks to the fact of how many different Hegemons showed up to compete for ownership over this Otherverse. The Sword Hegemon was one of them who just happened to lose.

3. The fact that the place was 100% unified under one orginazation. I know this doesnt mean its an Otherverse but to me it speaks to the fact that an Otherverse can only have one ruler and so it is very likely for there to be only 1 organization with true power unlike a Realmverse like Ji Nings which has 6 major powers.

I think those strikes were from before the guy became an Otherverse Lord. He ended up being the most Powerful Hegemon then he gained his true power as an Otherverse Lord.
    That should be the only reason Ning could understand anything from that Dao.

chencking likes this.
  9. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    “Ehehe.” The black-robed man laughed, “Long ago, my master Autarch Bolin relied on his claw-arts to become a Hegemon! However, he remained trapped at the Hegemon level for many years, unable to make a breakthrough, and so he began to meditate on other Daos as well. The Dao of Space, the Dao of Time, the Dao of the Sword, the Dao of the Saber, the Dao of Darkness… he mastered nine Daos in total on his own, reaching the Hegemon level in all of them.”

Ning was awestruck upon hearing this. To be able to reach the Hegemon level in a single Dao was already terrifyingly impressive. Autarch Bolin had done that for nine other Daos as well?!

“All Daos are linked; the more Daos he mastered, the deeper Master’s insights into the Dao of the Claw grew. Finally, all of those insights burst forth like water crashing through a shattered dam, and my master reached the Daobirth level, the level where ‘one Dao births many Daos’. He became an Autarch,” the black-robed man explained.

“One Dao births many Daos?” Ning was puzzled.

“Eternal Emperors must gain eternal Daos for themselves. As for Autarchs, they must reach the level where ‘one Dao births many Daos’, what we call the ‘Daobirth’ level,” the black-robed man explained. “At the apex, all Daos are linked together, which is why once you reach the Autarch level you will naturally gain insight into many Daos you had never even trained in before.”

“My master, for example, managed to reach the ‘Daobirth’ level through his Dao of the Claw. He established an alternate universe with the Dao of the Claw as its original prime essence, which then unfolded through the form of countless other Daos,” the black-robed man explained.
    So it literally is just one Dao, his claw Dao, birthing all the other Daos. It says his Dao unfolded to become other Daos, so he didn't create all the other Daos in existence himself.

Remember how Ning said his Dao was so powerful gaining the seals would at best allow him to test 20% of his Daomerge. That was because the seal doesn't directly affect the process, it just shows how it would go if you were to try it with your current Dao. And his Dao was so strong/complicated that it could only show 20% of the process (provided that he wouldn't fail before the 20% mark). It would be OP'd if it could affect the process though. If so waveshift could've make all the previous Ning-like characters eternal emperors and ruled the world.

10. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    No, no, it was literally an alternate universe. Even if it wasn't, distance doesn't matter or breaking through to the Daolord level wouldn't have permanently stranded them there. It's more like a passage naturally opened up and Brightshore found it, I think. Also, people would know if there was a nearby Otherverse.

2. Many, many more Hegemons died in the Great Dark, and remember, before the war with the Sithe the Flamedragon Realmverse had numerous Hegemons. It's just a matter of time; no matter how difficult, eventually a Daolord will become a Hegemon.

3. Hmmm...but that's just because one guy obtained a lot of fortune from the Prime Essences.

4. Thinking back, I believe we also heard that alternate universe is much smaller than the Flamedragon Realmverse, which discourages the idea it is an Otherverse. Also, to repeat, that Chaos cultivator could not have been an Autarch, because Ji Ning cannot detect anything from an Autarch, just as a World God would not be able to detect Ji Ning.

Viola likes this.
  11. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    It is an otherverse, Brightshore told Ning so.
    “Otherverses are generally the same size as a realmverse. You’ve visited one of them in the past,” Hegemon Brightshore explained. “I think you understand that these otherverses have their own prime essences, and their prime essences are far more perfect than the ones within the everworlds!”
    Given that the hegemon were all standing there like they couldn't put up a fight, I wonder if they were defeated by an bad Autarch, or an Autarch who was an enemy to the one that made their world.

They couldn't break through to Daolord because the space-time tunnel Brightshore created wouldn't have been able to handle them. Daolords aren't guaranteed to become eternal emperors, so becoming an hegemon is significantly harder. In fact, most of them die before becoming an ee. Ji Ning passed on his Dao to a world god before remember. His third displicine I believe. It's not that Ning can't sense it, it's just that he can't comprehend (enough to memorize) an Autarch's Dao without spending an unfathomably long time without the use of that treasure.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    chencking, Viola and Waaazzap like this.
  12. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    1. That could be, though we have had no description on what an Alternate Universe is. I don't think he would be able to send anyone to a Realmverse so quickly and i think Brightshore was being intentionally deceptive in his description since World Gods didnt need to know those secrets yet. All in all i thinking Alternate Universe was Brightshores deceptive way of saying Otherverse without giving anything away.
    or IET just came up with a better name later to better fit into the grand scheme of things.

2. Could be, i just find the density of them in one place to be suspect.

3. Ya, thats what i think. Emperor goes in, obtains the benefits of Prime Essences, then become an Otherverse Lord

4. Aren't Otherverses smaller than Realmverses? So the logic still follows right?
    4. I never said he was, i don't believe he was or is an Autarch. I beleive the scars that Ji Ning studied were from when the Otherverse Lord was a Hegemon or even an Emperor. Thus he would be able to analyze them as he did.

chencking likes this.
  13. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that puts an end to that i guess. I totally missed him saying that before... damn.

Nice catch though.

14. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we're going to get more info about what happened in the alternate universe. If Ning can't help that other Alchemy Hegemon lady revive her lover, then he's probably going to help her get revenge. In any case, he'll return to the world and get caught up in some drama and the past will get revealed. The author will probably waste a few books over there lol. Also I wonder if Autarch's can revive Hegemons if it's in an otherverse. The sum power of the essences shouldn't exceed an autarch's power, so an Autarch should be able to withstand it striking back once full powered.

15. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, definitely. A few good books are gonna be spent once Ning goes back there.

What do you think?
    Before or after his DaoMerge though?

16. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm betting after. Seems like he wants to stay in his realm until he completes the daomerge, or at least until he tires of it and wants to explore the outside world.

Viola and chencking like this.
  17. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    I forget which World God disciple it was, but Ji Ning taught one of them a sword stance, yet because it was too far beyond him, he couldn't tell it was special at first. The same thing happened with Bolin. Ji Ning was staring Bolin's Dao in the face, but couldn't detect it until he sat on the altar. I think something similar would happen if the Chaos Hegemon was an Autarch. An Autarch may have been involved, but the Hegemon should of at most been an Autarch's disciple. We just found out there can be a huge disparity among Hegemons. Thanks for the Otherverse quote though. I don't have the time to dig through past chapters myself, although I wish I did :(

Viola likes this.
  18. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I lucked out by remembering the event where they were talking about it. I knew it was during when they were explaining reviving Yu Wei, and which verses it would be easiest in. Half the time I just remember things but have no idea which book it is from, basically anything book 27 and before lol.

chencking and Viola like this.
  19. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Really:facepalm:

20. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    omnigeddon bloodfruit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I bet the translator had a good laugh with this.