LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Sefrot

Sefrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda believe this is the stage he has been talking about when he said that the tutorial expects you in one stage to completly distrust everyone including yourself (stage 16), just to have a stage which flips that and needs him to trust others (i believe this is the 18th, current stage). And just in this chapter alone one can already see that he doesnt trust them AT ALL (being in attack-range, thinking the drink is poison or something..). It truly deserves the title of hell difficulty

Paps likes this.
  2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    What if this Level is actually easy.

And by that i mean it is deserving of Hell Difficulty but it is an easy to complete Objective. The only reason it being so Hard to complete is because of the Challenger Themselves. Because of all the Paranoia they are bring in with them. It's like they are trying to run a straightforward race with both arms tied behind their back and a leg missing.

Paps likes this.
  3. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the idea, but i don't think it would stump Hojae, he doesn't have the heavy paranoia and knows he is stronger than he is supposed to be right now. i could see it tricking pretty much any average, or even above-average challenger

4. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Tricking a normal LHJ? I agree, wouldn't happen.

But he isn't exactly normal right now. He is an emotionally unstable ticking time bomb. I expect this floor to be more of a mental challenge than physical... and LHJ ain't 200% in the mental department like he is in the physical. I'd call it more like a 60% at best.

Paps likes this.
  5. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Oh boy. Guys, do you see how bad this is? Paramal lets you sense the emotions of others and get sweeped up in it.

NOW. Let's suppose one of the following happens:
    - LHJ kills someone and is forced to experience the ensuing, resonating wave of mass panic.
    - OR everyone gets caught up in a wave of violent feelings, and a scene of mass carnage happens. Of course, LHJ would be feeling this as well.

Did I mention that Korean often doesn't distinguish plural? What if everyone changes to that specific clothing on the last day?

Dangerous. Very dangerous.

Viola and Paps like this.
  6. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that you are rigth, this is indeed a psycological challange, it mess up with the mentality that he has had to develope so far to survive, not to mention the implications that @Mizura just pointed out, when the killing occur what will be the waves of the feelings on the act???

Viola likes this.
  7. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is hell difficult, remember? And I doubt floors in other difficulties are supposed to be "enjoyed" either.

There is something shitty about the floor. Just wait for it.

Paps likes this.
  8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't doubt it, but he son't be guetting any relaxing setting in the future. So why no try to enjoy as mutch as he can this one.

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    The solution to this test is simple, just kill everyone.

10. SleepyFox

SleepyFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that would be good for his sanity.

I'm confused about this tbh, on the 61st floor, the King and Queen regard LHJ as their only hope to escape - are they also copies made by the system?

Also, LHj's copy on the 17th floor acted differently to how he predicted himself to act - is it possible that the copies that the system makes aren't 'perfect' (could this be intentional?) My thoughts are like this because any of the people that LHJ has met throughout the floors have acted with their own personalities, which would make sense on the doppelganger floor - but was it necessary in the goblin floor? the lizard girl floor? the monk floor?

What if all the monsters, creatures, people, whatever, on each floor are completely real... they're just caught in some sort of time loop thing? Wouldn't that fit with the King and Queen wanting to escape? Wouldn't it fit all the floors having such complete lore, to the point of being totally unrelated to the floor challenge? Wouldn't it severely fuck with LHJ's mind if/when he finds out?

Would also be a good setting for later in the story when LHJ starts fighting the gods or the architect or whatever. (Complete speculation)

11. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder does this drink Paramal dilute emotions within a pool of a whole or creates a resonance where feeling spread.
    Both can probably cause D day scenario where strong emotion of one can cause a wave of killing intent. Thus when you kill one, you have to survive the onslaught of an army polluted by your violent emotions or the biggest mind f*ck making the people you bond with the most your target

12. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially with him feeling the emotions of everyone who is around him. That would drive any man insane.

It probably does screw with him big time once it is revealed whether they are clones or not. Either is pretty horrible.

Clones or not though i'm sure once anyone realized LHJ could help them escape they would be all over the opportunity.

13. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Copies are not real. They can be real or not doesn't really matter. It is not a time loop and more like a computer program copy (delete) and paste. [look up the game Soma]
    Even if there is a level of real the universe literally begins and ends in 30 days.
    They can be exact copies and still differ. Remember this is the tutorial and they serve a function. There is gonna be some tweaks if they are gonna fight to the death. Remember his 17 floor copy? He immediately stopped questioning and returned her arm when he was getting close to the topic of his existence. Do you really think the real Hojae would stop trying to gather information and give his enemy her arm back?

14. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that's exactly what the stage wants, and then you find a knife in your heart.

Paps likes this.
  15. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably won't go into a war with the gods. Truthfully they don't appear to be a enemy. Arrogant, but not evil or want to fuck with people. Especially the mc's gods who have his back. They are just starving for entertainment. And its unlikely the story will go past the tutorial unless its a epilogue since the story is set in the tutorial and all the stages are vast and detailed.

Viola likes this.
  16. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    this downward spiral with the drink is getting pretty dark... it feels pretty tripp because it's not how I would expect someone to react to all this either, hojae's will is strong enough that it's almost like he is watching himself fall from the third person

17. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I would find the target first and then play around for the next 29 days.

18. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    that's the problem, he spent the first 3 days trying to find the target but there is like a hundred thousand people on this island.

19. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chances are the person he is supposed to kill is like head priest of the religion. and the clothes - ceremonial robe or something like that.

20. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    What if on the last day of this festival everybody is suppose to wear the same celebratory outfit... and that outfit is the same as his targets...

I'd love to read that.