Recommendations Mc that uses puppets or weird fighting style

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Littleton94, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm finding novels that I've read that aren't focusing on sword, saber, or fists. Since you mentioned Infinite Stratos, I assume that Mechs are okay. If I'm wrong, I apologize for forgetting. I tried separating them into categories.

I mentioned The Charm of Soul Pets in my earlier post.

Various Weaponry:
    The Great Conqueror- I think he's going to use daggers or knives. Not sure. Also, translation's dropped. ;;;;;;
    Castle of Black Iron- Alright, MC likes using his fist, but in terms of weaponry, he's going for javelins since he's good at throwing.
    The Silly Alchemist- Mostly slice-of-life, but when the MC fights, he doesn't do it with swords, fists, or sabers. He's the inventing type.

A bit magical:
    Demon's Diary- I don't remember much (read it a long time ago) but controlling ghosts and yin stuff is the MC's sect's specialty, so he uses quite a bit of that. Bit of Chinese magic/cultivation tricks too. More monster tamer and necromancer than anything else.
    Chen Yue Zhi Yao- Doesn't fight much, (slow translations) but the one time he has, he used a magical mop.
    Douluo Dalu- Maybe fists? More like special abilities and the occasional hammer.
    Heavenly Jewel Change- TJSS, you seem to like hammers. Big ones. MC might punch rarely, but it's mostly bows, hammers, pets, and special abilities.
    Magic Chef of Ice and Fire- Magic and magical cooking knives. Yup, that's not a sword.
    Legend of the Sun Knight- MC's preferred weapon is NOT the sword or saber. Magic, maybe a little necromancy, and one or two knives maybe?

Modern/Futuristic:
    God of Crime- Well, it's modern so no swords. Guns, bombs, and pipes though!
    Gate of Revelation- don't remember much, but it's not a word. Maybe fists, but I seem to remember a variety (use good drops) including an axe and guns.
    Battle Frenzy- Okay, he has a sword on the cover. So what. He pretty much uses anything, so there's a lot of fistfighting, but recently he seems to have fallen in love with some weird weapon that I can't remember the name of. He'll probably end up using that a lot along with fists.

Mecha:
    Legend of the Supreme Soldier- Mechs usually go hand in hand with a physically strong MC, so guess what: he uses fists. The MC wants to use Mechs though, and he does.
    Tempest of the Stellar War- Mechs and futuristic weaponry.
    Skyfire Avenue- sure there's fist-fighting, but it's Mechs when it counts! :D

My derp suggestion:
    Strange Life of a Cat- Slice of Life where he'll occasionally scratch with his claws.

Blacksmithing (I'm assuming you don't mind if they use swords and that stuff):
    Commanding Wind and Cloud
    Douluo Dalu *winks*

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  2. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make your reading list public.

The Lazy King - MC is nicknamed "Demon Lord Leigie of the Slaughter Dolls"

4. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Renegade Immortal - mc mainly uses restriction and domain and sword too(but sword is automatic lol).

5. Mewtolentino

Mewtolentino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The who ate a death god- she uses scythes its a good read though

6. R-E-I-N

R-E-I-N Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solo Emperor

Use skeleton thingy to fight it'a weird right? I hope so.

Edit: wait there was some novel too

In Different World With the Naruto System

MC Ren tianyou use jutsu to fight. well sometime he use sword but all the time he use jutsu or summon tailed beast.

7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
  8. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    (Um, Sorry) I’ve Been Reincarnated!

You'll die of laughter at how he killed a certain demon...

I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated

Well it does fit something I mean "MC does not fight wielding a sword, I mean he is the sword to begin with... a loli catgirl wields him or is he that wields the loli catgirl?

9. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1. the mc is the poster boy of the holy church, but pathetic at sword fight and fights best with necromancy magics

+1. short and complete. lots of fights; though the mc rarely involve in them.

+1. not for the fights though

+1. though he's a sword, the main fighting style is to spam magic

The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
    sword, magic, flame thrower, bomb, humanoid mecha, centipede mecha, flying ship

bonus:
    I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags
    ultimate martial technique: throwing snake toy
    ultimate magic: raise the ground a few cm to trip the enemy
    unique skill: brainwashing

SayMrrp likes this.
  10. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear -> Kuma Punch, Bear's golem, Bear's summon, Bear's magic & cordless bungee jumping on her enemies

Ability to Make Town, Manuke FPS, Magic Bullet in Magic Land, Gun-ota, GATE: JSDF Fought Here, Rune Troopers & Maou-sama no Machizukuri! -> modern weapons in fantasy world

Isekai Smartphone -> Gunblade + slip magic

Youjo Senki & Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei -> magic w/ tech involved

Knights & Magic -> mecha & magic (think of Escaflowne and/or Dunbine)

Seoul Station Necromancer -> Necromancer, obviously

The King's Avatar -> MMORPG, MC's able to use all kind of class & his main character able to use any class abilities/skills

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  11. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I had forgotten that sexy slip magic... He uses a katana in the beginning though...