Discussion Sexism in xianxia

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by I Eat Monsanto, Nov 11, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, point me to where a woman in one of these novels says or does something sexist and someone actually says something about it. I'll wait.

In fact, I think this thread is the perfect example. I simply asserted the notion that sexist women aren't frowned upon and not only am I bombarded by a plethora of people, but everyone decides to think of as many examples of sexist men instead of talking about what I actually said.

asriu likes this.
  2. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The women he met when he first came into that world.
    He raped her on her wedding night over and over again and then killed her

3. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    You're picking out pieces of my comment instead of the whole thing, so I assume you are trying to troll. Still, I am specifically pointing out the 2 most likely scenarios because they are the classic xianxia treatment for women.
    1. Woman is unwilling to stop killing men because she is evil. MC kills her. Doesn't matter how reasonable her motives are. She's just a man-hating bitch now so she has to die.
    2. Woman is unwilling to stop killing men because she hasn't found the right man. MC is that man. For some reason he is the man she has always needed to meet and now he can solve all her problems. With his dick.
    This is how xianxia novels usually portray "strong" women. Again, I have not read this particular novel but I'm willing to bet this woman falls into one of these two categories.

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that it isn't frowned upon, but you are comparing things written by men for their own satisfaction of belittling these existences. There are people who get a hard on for bringing women who wouldn't bat them an eye down.

As for why the thread is not going in the direction you wanted, well that is probably because you went too much off topic. The more things you give people to talk about, the more side issues will be addressed which may not be what you wanted.

I would probably not have brought up women sects which seems to the major reason your thread is going off course. And if I remember correctly you made a similar thread a few months back which went off course for the same reason.

5. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    ok you people sure do love to make up a plethora of rape senarios and make it sound like every woman is constantly a victim of rape in each and every one of these novelsand just now you tried to think of as many examples of a woman getting raped in her sect as possible and yet, NONE OF THAT IS CANON!! If the author doesn't explicitly say that women are constantly being harassed and assualted then you can't just declare that the case!! And if the author does write a few women being unfortunate enough to find herself in that situation, WHO ARE YOU TO GENERALIZE THAT TO EVERY DAMN FEMALE IN TUE NOVEL!! When has the author ever said that female sects exist to protect women from men, YOU GUYS MADE THAT UP!!

6. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    cool

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah I see~

8. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO how am I the one who went to far off topic? I literally stated what the topic was and everyone derailed it before I could even get the train moving

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK I am now 100 percent certain

[​IMG]

GDLiZy and Drake888 like this.
  10. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to just want somebody to agree with you. So here:

Xianxia does not criticize women for being sexist. Ever. You are correct.
    This is because xianxia authors don't bother to write women properly. Being a man-hating bitch is an easy go-to to explain why some beautiful, physically strong woman doesn't have a man yet. None of the characters ever complain about it because the woman invariably ends up in love with a man or dead. I have read several stories with such women (dozens if you include the ice queen type) and have yet to see an exception. The author doesn't call them out for being sexist because it is just unnecessary character development.

Asf and waleuska like this.
  11. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    "And if I remember correctly you made a similar thread a few months back which went off course for the same reason."

And as I said earlier in this thread, I no longer try and have any sort of discussion or debate on this site. Because just like with that thread several months ago and many other threads, people on this forum never play nice to begin with. Firstly, someone will say one thing and after 5 minutes of arguing in that direction someone will join the argument and not even bother to read everything that was said before and will say the same exact thing that the original person said which will cause the argument to loop. Secondly, the people on this forum never try to have a proper argument. It always ends up as me trying defend my stance in a logical manner up against a pack of people who validate each other's stances. What kind of argument is that? I say something and then person 2 disagrees, and then person 3 agrees with person 2 disagreeing, and then person 4 agrees with persons 2 & 3, etc. And then someone joins the argument and says some shit that was already argued about 2-3 pages ago. No thanks, you people aren't worth me having a mature argument with

12. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    your mother never loved you

cool

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
  13. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys sure love sexism duscussion.
    It already have 5 pages in such a short amount of time. Lol

14. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link

That is three times. It is official now. I am the coolest. I think a parade is in order. You should get on that. Make sure people know how cool I am.

It's because the OP is a troll but none of us can bare to give up the battle.

ognarb, GDLiZy, Cryotic and 2 others like this.
  15. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    no

16. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Make sure you win then. Lol

17. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fuckin hilarious, I realize it isn't worth my time nor energy to argue with a pack of rabid muts and throw in the towel and then you guys start patting yourselves on the back, fuckin hilarious

18. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question do you know why they made a female sec? Do you know why some women hate males? If the answer is no than drake 888 is right. Ice queens are nothing but a plot device for the MC to over come.

19. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link

Maybe i should follow your lead and create a post to whine about how unfair you're being. "Monsanto won't throw me a parade!" "He only argues with poorly worded rebuttals and replies to mine with 'cool' but he won't put in the effort to tell others how cool I really am!"

So you say, but the only counter-argument you've given me was aimed at a small portion of one of my posts and you completely disregarded the other two. I posit that you are a whiny bitch who is afraid to fight a losing battle.

ognarb and waleuska like this.
  20. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Should i grab a popcorn?

Cryotic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.