Recommendations RRL Novels mostly

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Manan1106, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Manan1106

Manan1106 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone,

This request might sound somewhat repetitive but I really like these stories so please bear with me.

So what I'm looking for is a novel with an OP Male MC or an Mc that is strong from the start and doesn't hide it.
    In terms of romance, I would prefer no Harem but a good harem story that is within the range of Sevens is also great.

Here are some extra things that I'd love:
    Kingdom Building/Army Building
    Companions that aren't written off...including beast companions

Now I'd like these reccs to be from Royalroadl, please. I've looked through most of the tags in NU. Also I've read Forgotten Conqueror, Andur, Arcane Emperor, don't fear the reaper, journey through the worlds etc...FC and Andur are right up my alley.

Uh...that's all I think. Thank you in advance for any reccs!!

2. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *lurks around*

3. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    *goes back to sleep*

4. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...I’ll try my best I can kinda think of is New Chance in Fantasy.

Maybe not exactly what you want but:
    There’s Binary Soul, The Adventures of Randidly Ghosthound, Lord Shadow, The Dao of Magic, Number One Under Heaven, etc.

Shance likes this.
  5. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a lot of rrl novels like those... I also forgot a lot of rrl novels like those... Though, a lot of them were dead.

6. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The Blue Mage raised by Dragons
    Vacation of God (currently only has 10 chapters mbut seems promising)
    Stellar Realm (also few chapters jet, maybe it wil have a harem later on)
    The Dao of Magic <-- the Best
    Transmigration Retiree

7. Manan1106

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Blue mage and I've kept up with Said of Magic (Love it so much). The others aren't something I've heard of so I'll try them soon. Thanks!

8. Manan1106

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you be so kind to elaborate on what Binary Soul is like. I've hesitated to start that novel. I've read Ghosthound, N1UH and DoM. I'll try out Lord Shadow. Thanks

9. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Well be warned since Binary Soul is a yuri, but pretty much a scifi ninja, space assassin gets transported (crash *cough* I mean lands with a AI and some scifi space tech) and meets her fantasy, cheat wizard world look alike. They shared some kind of link and eventually meet. It's more of a slice of life of their adventurers and some yuri romance. The duo are also pretty OP. It's a lax read if you want to give it a go.

If it's not your taste, maybe try New Chance in Fantasy, a isekai but with a maturer?(non-beta?) MC that makes a bet with the God of Luck, wins the bet, and ends up inside a dragon, killing it and earning it's inheritance. Pretty OP MC and it has a harem but so far it's currently 2 or 3 members? It's pretty well written with nice pacing. Chapters are long in a good way, but well polished and it's active currently.

There's also Dungeon Heart which imo does the Dungeon Master/Core Genre right in so many ways. nice pacing, great mult-POV use, great/unique MC, non-isekai and not harem. So far my favorite active novel on RRL.

There's also Atros Imperium which is a lot of Kingdom and World Building with harem(gradual harem so pretty nice). I personally dropped it because it's a bit slow pace plot and event wise but it's not bad if you can get past the long beginning.

10. Manan1106

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I've read the other three though. Maybe I'll give Binary Soul another shot

11. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Have tried The Snake Report? It's pretty well polished and the comedy/antics of the MC might suit you. It's mostly about the chaos caused by the antics and unintended chain consequences of the MC, a magic snake. It might not be exactly your taste since the MC can be a bit stupid at times(which is the cause of most of the chaos), it's more of a "narration/plot/event story" where the it's less root for the "awesome" MC, and more like reading of the events and people related/affected/surrounding the MC's antics. What I mean is less of the plot armory feel in eastern and more of the western, MC can mess up big type stuff. Still a good read, Book 1 is complete.

I'm currently reading The Godking's Legacy which I feel is really good so far. Check it out. You might like it. I find the MCs to be really nice.

Also there's Artisan which is about a western superheros vs villians VRMMO where the MC plays an alien AI. No romance but its a nice read with a western feel.

Also maybe check out A Good Bargain. It's written by a fellow nuffian that I came across and I edited a few chapters. It shows a lot of potential especially shining when it comes to characterization imo.

figuy686686868686868 likes this.
  12. reighvincent

reighvincent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link