Discussion Cultivators in CN novels, and flying close to the ground

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Sytrite, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Close to the ground means nothing for jumping beast and gives them more degrees to ambush you by as now you have to also pay attention to below yourself

2. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they don’t have modern logic (even though most of them transmigrated from the modern world)

3. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t use common sense when reading novel. *leaves thread*

4. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't it also because even if they fly close to the ground, beasts being more sensitive to Qi than humans, can sense the movement of Qi necessary for flight?

5. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it can't be counted as flying anymore.

6. Blackrabbit0634

Blackrabbit0634 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for me I just think that if they fly they will emit a very strong body odor!! :ROFLMAO:
    nah maybe strong beasts will sense the spiritual powers MC usually hides?

7. Windome

Windome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see this all the time. Why can't they just fly high in the stratosphere? Even if a huge jumping animal tries to get them can't they just avoid it? It's jumping for heaven's sake! Not like it can fly.

8. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    probably because there are the ground-type monsters that may attack them. also, too many obstacles in the way if your flying at high speeds.

9. Fares

Fares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are talking about the tutorial is too hard forest floor arc i don't remember the floor number something between 10-15.
    In any case if i was right the MC did fly close to the ground after he said that he wouldn't the reason was him being chased by monkeys and it didn't work much because his flying speed at the time was slower then him running plus that monkeys have really huge jumping power so it's become harder to defend himself from their suicide attacks...(i don't really want to spoiler what happened on the second try so leaving it here..)
    I can't speak for other novels but most of the time flying take more effort than walking especially if you are trying to have law profile so if there is no need for it i don't see any reason to do it.

10. GreenCaps

GreenCaps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can fly at high speeds and avoid obstacles as they have trained their reflexes to be so godly to avoid attacks at the speed of light.
    If they can't even avoid a fking tree then they can't be called true martial artists
    Dont compare cultivators to normal earthling humans.
    and Stop using logic in xianxia/wuxia.
    It is fantasy so author has free reign on what can and cannot be done lol.

11. KKristen

KKristen Crazy Cat Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagined them exploding in a ball of fire like in Star Wars VI. But I like your idea, too. I guess neither is very good for their appearance as a "pure like jade" immortal...

Shikon likes this.
  12. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia as a genre is something you need to avoid thinking too deeply about if you want to enjoy it. Because every part of it is dumb. But dumb stuff is cheap entertainment, so shut off your brain, grab some popcorn, and enjoy your face-smackings.

13. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like there is no "king of the sky" or dragons or some monsters that can fly, right?

14. Molen

Molen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the weird thing is : no one invent glider or something similar, even though it is a very simple tools that can help cultivator to save energy.

as for flying close to the ground, why not "hovering" in the air instead? just a few cm above the ground. the most energy consuming thing when you walk in the forest is the ground. it is uneven, has many slopes, thick vegetation, etc. if you can hover just a few cm then it will be easier to walk through the forest while not to taxing in calculating the route. and if they can control flying sword, then they can use it to open the path.

15. Windome

Windome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get ya, but they don't all live in the forest's vicinity, do they? The really dangerous animals are usually listed so that disciples don't lose their lives. And anyway, MC's all have golden finger right? Magical stuff happens when they break the rules. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.