Spoiler Rebirth: Noble Woman, Poisonous Concubine

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Nov 6, 2017.

1. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eldest prince just wants her for her father's power. <C has many admirers because she is very very beautiful but they're more the flies buziing around type than the type who is seriously in love. There are many men who see her beauty and her father's power and want to marry her but ML is the only one who truly admires her for the person she is and wants her for that.

2. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    So there are none man that really likes ML besides MC? Did MC have friends?

3. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

4. LuneyLune

LuneyLune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how old the ML is?

5. Marilisa

Marilisa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the third prince (Lian Ji Ye, according to mtl) not likeable as character despite really loving the shu sister. I only MTL'ed until chapter 11,

but he suggested to take MC as concubine during the whole pregnancy test. Basically the whole virginity test was a rouse, the real plan was to get an imperial doctor to check on her. The prince comes storming in during this time, trying to get the mc to leave. It failed and he had to announce he was planning to marry the sister and marry mc as a concubine to distract from the whole situation. As he assumes MC will agree to this despite her being the di daughter and the sister the shu daughter (She used to agree with all his plans/suggestions in the past). Furthermore, he suggested that it was really open-minded of him to take MC as concubine because of all the bad rumors (he spread it himself!) and will have a hard time marrying someone else. He was singing praises of the sister during the whole proposal (dude is blind as a bat). Additionally, he suggested MC and Sis have a "really good" relationship and because of that won't be slighted after entering his fu (Pfffft). The father and the grandmother were outraged at the proposal and firmly rejected it. (After the rejection, he was lamenting that he as prince never had to beg, but was so firmly rejected that he lost a lot of face. It comes across as really spoiled:cautious:). From MC's own thoughts we learn that he participated with the shu sister in humiliating her during her first life.

He is double-faced, I am telling you. He doesn't have a spine either. After a few words from his mother and the Eldest prince and changed the plan back to marrying MC as princess consort. I can understand you might want to marry her for power, but ignore her and let lead a peaceful life. No need to humiliate her. The dude obviously doesn't like MC either. Serves him just right that he feels regrets. As for the sister, Shu Fei never liked her from the start. She thinks she seduced her son etc.

As for the Eldest prince, he and his mother were planning the have MC married to him in the first place but the ages gap was to hug so the little brother (Third prince) had to do it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  6. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Shu Fei would have been completely and absolutely correct.

7. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 3rd Prince's behaviour was mainly based on how he'd seen MC act till then. She was a brainless man-chaser with no virtues or talents who was totally crazy over him, in his view. In her first life, the shu sister was married first to the prince because MC was too young to get married. MC was later married after a few years as the legitimate wife but demoted to concubine due to the schemes of her sister. The humiliations she was put through were all justified in the view of the 3rd prince and shu sister because MC was in the way of their "true love". There couldn't be a peaceful life because her existence and her obsession for the 3rd prince would always threaten them.

8. Marilisa

Reading List:
    Link
    He wanted love and power. I can at least accuse him for being greedy. Then again his mother and brother doesn't leave him much choice either. He is more like a pawn than anything else. Since MC married the merchant "prince", I take it that the father supported neither the eldest prince and the third prince, but someone else?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  9. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... father didn't take any sides in the succession struggle at all in this life. In the previous life, he had to support the Eldest Prince because of MC's marriage and that led in a way to the family's downfall.

10. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    hey, can someone explained about the imperial family relationship? I really get confused by them since the MTL make it like the prince is not the emperor's son or some similar...

11. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The imperial family of Dongming has 3 princes (I think) - Eldest Prince and 3rd Prince are born from Shu Fei, 2nd Prince is born from the queen. There's also a princess (not sure who her mom is). In addition, there is Chen Wang who is the emperor's brother and supported by the Empress Dowager for the throne. Chen Wang has 2 sons - Chen Wang Shizi (heir born from main wife) and Lian Yu who is born from a concubine. Later in the story, other imperial families get introduced too. Is this the one you meant?

12. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    yes.... thank you for the answer..
    and here I thought Chen Wang is the 2nd prince... haha...

13. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh.. Her daddy be a smooth operator.

bleedingliar24 and kaguya0401 like this.
  14. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The smoothest. There's hints that either the MC told her dad about her past life events or that her dad himself is a reincarnator. He's also quite young and handsome. The author describes him as a stunningly handsome man in his 30's with great intelligence and acumen in both civil and military worlds.

15. Marilisa

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because you find her brainless doesn't mean you have to treat her like trash. He even tried to rape our MC for refusing to marry him. It is a way to force someone to marry you, when they refuse to become your wife concubine or princess consort. At least, ML was nearby to save her:X3::X3:. Despite the incident atleast the ML pretty much had his heart set on her after it.

The eldest prince is not much better. He tried to force her to marry one of his subordinates (the peasant general from chapter 3*) after the whole deal with little bro's rape attempt.
    *I MTL'ed this, but I think the mentioned peasant general is actually a calvary marquis. In other words a titled general. He forced her to marry a son of one of his concubines.

Does the third prince ever redeem himself in front of MC? Why does my gut feeling tells me that the real antagonist is the eldest prince?

The father is really great. He is simply refusing the let anyone marry MC who will only marry her for his support. He doesn't care if he insults and make a lot of enemies in the imperial court. Atleast, he got the third prince spanked 30 times due to his influence.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  16. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many reincarnator do we have here? I have 2 confirmed, MC and this one girl antagonist who will die almost at the end... but is MC’s father one too? In the extras, which i sort of skimmed, there was a thought that PM’s new wife was last life’s concubine?

stumblmer and bleedingliar24 like this.
  17. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... there was a mention in the extras that PM had married Rong Yue (new wife) as a "flat wife" in the previous life because he had married another noblewoman as main wife due to being controlled by poisonous insects. In this life, he wanted to make sure that RY was the main wife. This mention of past life and another mention towards the last few chapters that the only way the PM could have known certain things was if he could see the future, make me think PM was also a reincarnator.

Honestly, I can't see how he'd know who RY was at the time if not for reincarnation. She was the unfavoured daughter of a general in a different country altogether. Not only did the PM know her but also her circumstances and background.

18. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the father can be a rebirth too as he really have the nice timing or he is too knowledgeable about something trivial (that his soon to be wife actually has allergy and use that so she can delay her time to come to mc country).... and that's why he really happy with how grown up the MC is. (another one is how he 'dislike' ML as ML is his archenemy in another life??)

So, this one lady who is rebirth character too...is she the main antagonist? and is she the one who make the downfall of MC family in the past?? and if in the past life she is the one who married ML... I just confused. I thought she will get married to another country, but there is her inner monologue who said that he is her fated partner or something???

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    bleedingliar24 likes this.
  19. craz

craz Peach Manic

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the wonderful spoilers!!! I didn’t realized this novel is already in my reading list.

20. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the other reincarnator, Zhen Yan, has a lot more knowledge about events and people than MC does because MC was locked up and restricted in the 3rd Prince's harem. She's the main antoagonist for one arc but then the focus changes. She comes back at the end but only for one chapter where she is killed by ML. ZY sees ML on the street and thinks that he is the man she was married to in the past life. She was in love with him and they were very happy together. However, in this life, ML is engaged to MC. So, she tries to get the ML's love and get their engagement broken in many ways. She also intervenes in the lives of the MC's friends and others for her own benefit.

But the MC and her father are not just going to sit around and take her abuse. They scheme back at her so that she is married to Chen Wang Shizi. This makes her family dissociate from her because they support the second prince. Later, she jumps off a cliff and is thought to be dead during an assassination on Chen Wang Shizi. She disappears for most of the story after that but is revealed to be the mastermind behind some other things later.

The ML has a secret background. He was born as the twin to the crown prince of a neighbouring country, Xi Yue (MTL name, may be wrong). In that country, twins of the same gender are considered inauspicious and both are killed along with the mother. So, the queen sent him out of the palace secretly to her maiden family and exchanged him with a girl child. However, ML was bullied and later thrown away by the queen's maiden family, the Zhao family. Later, the crown prince, Song Zhan, gets to know he has a twin and tracks ML down. However, MC has no desire to get caught up in the imperial struggle and refuses to go back. ML just wants to get married to MC and live an ordinary life.

War breaks out between Xi Yue country and another country called Dong Chu and SZ gets poisoned by Dong Chu. The emperor of Xi Yue asks ML to come back and pretend to be SZ because he doesn't want to hand military power to any of the other princes for fear of being betrayed or ousted. ML goes to Xi Yue and leads their armies to victory. He manages to wrest an antidote to SX's poison from the Dong Chu prince and SX is restored. ML goes back to Dong Ming and starts preparations to marry MC.

However, the antidote only worked temporarily and SZ falls into a coma after a while. ML has to go back and pretend to be SZ again for a while. Later, they understand that SZ will not be able to have children even if he wakes up and try to push ML to take up his identity permanently. ML agrees with certain conditions including that he will marry MC as his crown princess. Later, due to political scheming, the ML gets frustrated with the Emperor and Queen and spreads the news that he is not SZ but a twin. The emperor is then forced to release the news himself officially and crowns ML as crown prince.

Later, Dong Chu attacks Xi Yue again and the Dong Chu prince invades MC & ML's wedding. ZY appears along with him and reveals that she has been helping Dong Chu and was instrumental in poisoning SZ and making ML crown prince. She tells him that he should marry her and together they can achieve his dream from the previous life of uniting the world and making it peaceful for everyone. ML kills her and while dying she realises that ML didn't have a mole under his ear which he had in the previous life. She understands that she had been married to SZ in the previous life and not ML. She had killed her own destined love by her plotting.