Spoiler Peach Blossom Debt

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Ph-lease... most were based on danmei if it were up to my opinion XD

soie_yoie and Raizendeville like this.
  2. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Akkachu

Akkachu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PBD is HE. it’s slow paced, comedic with a slightly sad undertone, which is typical of dafeng’s style. this is not one for ppl who likes meaty plots and climatic moments. it was soooo slow at first i almost couldn’t get through it, but i kept trudging bc of the writing and i’m curious about the big mystery.
    what i like: although the characters and ships seem typical at first but it’s pretty unexpected, like for me i didn’t even realize ML was the ML until like halfway through the story; OTP’s relationship is touching. what i didn’t like: the final mystery couldn’t been better written, it’s confusing and the resolution somewhat forced; this novel could’ve been 20 chapters instead of almost 80

btw 3L3W apparently plagiarized the writing style so if you read trans or mtl the plagiarism won’t come across. like idk how to describe it well but it’s the sentence structuring and the descriptions. its more recognizable in chinese bc dafeng is like a goddess on jjwxc for her unique writing style
    (also there are several danmei novels involved with 3L3W not just PBD...3L3W’s author seems to like targeting danmei smh)

6. LylaxMytho

LylaxMytho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't wait to read the story!! I love the summary very much ♡♡

7. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give any spoilers about this series? I'm not sure the translator will continue to translate this series since it's not easy to be translated.

You mentioned "the big mystery," what is it? :blobpeek:

8. Yuen

Yuen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. hiryukaede

hiryukaede The reader that always hunting an unique story~~~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm waiting spoiler for this story... :blobpeek:

I'm kinda curious abaut 3lives3world, i hear its was plagiarism from this novel... So, i'm curious abaut the original novel,... Expecially abaut their children...

In 3lives3world, FL and ML have a children...
    But what abaut in debt love, did the have a child?? Adoption? Or Mpreg? Or they don't have?? :blobpopcorn_cool:

Or did the story 3L3W was same?

10. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you're right that this novel isn't easy to translate into english lol. the concept of this story is based on the buddhist concept of 缘 or Yuan. Yuan's literal meaning is 'cause', but it also embodies the concept of 'predestination connection between people'. for example if 2 people have very strong yuan in this life, they will become lovers. if they have moderate yuan, they might become friends. and if they have weak yuan, they will likely just pass each other in the streets. it is said that yuan between 2 people is created out of a "debt" in the previous life. in order words, if you owe someone something in the previous life (and i don't mean money, but more like that person has sacrificed something for you that caused you to feel overwhelming gratitude), you will be tied to that person by fate for the next lives until that debt is repaid

ok now here's me trying to remember...
    SY: main character
    HW: male lead
    TS: high god 1
    NM: high god 2

so as the summary says, our ordinary human SY always fall madly in love but never managed to end up with any of his object of affections. one random day, while he was eating at an outdoor restaurant an elixir pill of immortality fell out of the sky and into his food. after eating it he ascended to the heavens and became low tier god

as he was living his laid-back immortal life in heaven, a scandal happened: the high gods TS and NM had a love affair. the Jade Emperor punished them by sending both to earth to experience human suffering. for some reason, the Jade Emperor also ordered SY to follow them and be the one carry out the punishment. so a reluctant SY goes to earth all confused as to why he was picked for this tedious task

on earth, TS is reincarnated as a sickly scholar in a love affair with NM's human reincarnation. SY hovers around TS, putting on various human disguises and playing 3rd wheel, trying to make them "suffer". but strangely, SY's bad guy act keep going awry and off script, causing TS to unexpectedly start to warm up to SY...

in comes HW, SY's good friend. HW is also a high god and came down to earth to help SY with his task. SY and HW usually have an amicable friendship, but the time they spent together on earth during this ordeal turned their relationship romantic and eventually sexual. Turns out SY has been secretly in love with HW ever since he saw him for the first time, but bc of his failures in love during his human life and believing that he's destined to be alone, SY kept his feelings to himself. now that they became couple, SY just want to quickly finish this task so he can go back to heaven with HW. then some more stuff went wrong with between SY and TS/NM which i can't remember etc. etc. leading SY to eventually find out his task and their punishment has been a lie all along

The truth was this had been all just a ruse by the Jade Emperor. In actuality, TS and NM are naturally tied by the red string of destiny and their relationship isn't forbidden. the heavens approve of their connection, and they're meant to synergize to amplify their godliness. So why did the Jade Emperor pretend to punish them to get SY involved? Turns out that in SY's and TS's previous life as humans before they became gods, SY accidently created a strong fated connection with TS through a debt (i can't really remember how, I think SY saved TS from danger when they're children or something?). TS eventually finished his human life and ascended to a god, which explains why SY left behind had to lead a "lonely life". but SY also eventually ascended. the elixir pill falling onto SY wasn’t a coincidence; it's their fate pulling them closer together. unfortunately, this interferes with the original connection between TS and NM, messing with their powers and the threads of destiny the order of the heavens and all that jazz. of course the Jade Emperor doesn't want that. so when SY also became a god, the Emperor took the chance to send all 3 to earth in hopes of untangling this 3-way

back in the present, HW has an encounter on earth with a fox demon who sacrificed himself to save HW, effectively creating a debt and a predestined connection between the HW and the fox demon. so although SY and HW are mutually in love, with SY still unable break the destiny between himself and TS and HW now destined with someone else, they can't be together. ironically, SY realizes, it is he who is now involved in a forbidden love affair. so SY decided to solve this mess by giving up all his powers to repay HW's debt to the fox demon, severing their connection, then dissipating his own spirit and effectively freeing his and TS's connection. as SY's slowly dies, HW finds him in time to save a tiny bit of his soul

(with ex deus machina) HW managed to use his powers to reincarnate what's left of SY's soul, but it's only enough for SY to be a cockroach. with HW's hard work and several rounds of reincarnation into gradually bigger animals, SY's soul eventually recovered enough to become a human. as human SY sat at an outdoor restaurant, an elixir pill fell out of the sky and into his food again, reminiscent of the beginning of the story. SY ascends to the heavens and regains his past memories. he goes to find HW, who has been waiting for him for thousand of years. SY states he now owes HW a debt for saving his soul, suggesting that their yuan are now finally connected to each other

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Wen Rou, Fatim, Xian-laoshi and 31 others like this.
  11. Ivivivi

Ivivivi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A very well written summary, thank you :aww:

_dreamlesscloud_ likes this.
  12. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the summary! Now I feel like reading the novel, may have to sacrifice a few brain cells to MTL... :sweating_profusely:
    I've seen a couple of episodes of 3L3W, and read the summaries, so got the gist of the story already. For me personally, I love the plot of this original Peach Blossom Debt, as judging from your summary, everything wraps up nicely. In comparison to 3L3W, I feel like there's a lot of unnecessary drama, and felt convoluted? Anyway, thanks again for the summary and the big reveal~! :blobxd:

13. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I like this better than 10 miles of peach. Less annoying

14. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, really hope someone pick this story up. It'll make for a sweet read~! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

15. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww man. Been waiting for this novel to translate ever since miles of cherry blossoms. I wanted to read them both and compare. But it's only on ch1 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

16. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    A new translator has picked up this novel. Hopefully they can translate it til the end. :aww:

Light Hyun likes this.
  17. hiryukaede

hiryukaede The reader that always hunting an unique story~~~

Reading List:
    Link
    Its sound,.. it will have a lot tragedy, i need to make sure my heart will ready for it...:notlikeblob:

18. AyameKnight

AyameKnight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This summery was well written I actually cired TT-TT ... DONT JUDGE ME!! >=<

19. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the MC the gong

20. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the same question.