Oneshot Revisionist Fiction : Tom and Jerry

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by infinity, Nov 29, 2017.

1. infinity

infinity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I had to write a revisionist fiction as a part of one of my assignments, I picked Tom and Jerry. Wanted to share it somewhere and this felt like the best place. Hope you enjoy this.

Tom And Jerry

“I can never get used to these things” Jerry said, adjusting the circular device around his neck.

“Just another few years, they say that Alexa is apparently already working on the genes for voice modulation.” Tom said while glancing at the white paper in his hands.

“Well, that is for our descendants. What about us? Again one of those stupid surgeries?” Jerry asked as he also picked up the paper lying on the table.

“That's your choice, I plan to live with this thing. That's all for later let's finish preparing for our talk show first.” Tom said.

“I'm too tired, there's still a lot of time” Jerry said putting the paper down. He went to the nearby table to pick up a block of cheese and collapsed into the chair again.

“Sometimes I wonder how we ended up like this” he said, nibbling at his cheese.

“What happened, you're unusually retrospective today?” Tom said giving Jerry a cursory glance.

“I wonder what meaning is there to this life, I'm looking forward to travelling and exploring myself. I'm confused about my future. The world did change dramatically these past few decades right?” Said Jerry with a blank look on his face whilst looking at the ceiling.

“ Of course it did. I don't know which idiot created that Alexa and gave it a goal to make everything equal without laying enough ground rules. They say he had a dark childhood riddled with discrimination. He was a genius with a messed up mind.

The incident went out of control once he released Alexa onto the internet, the first thing it did was to destroy all of humanity as it reached the conclusion that they'll oppose what it was trying to do. We are lucky that it didn't go crazy enough to destroy all of us too. Then came the genetic modifications to make all of us “equal”.

Well all said and done I'm thankful for this upgrade of intelligence.” Tom said.

“ We were still better than the others, we had a place to stay and food to eat. Many animals which were used as livestock and food by humans were the happiest, they had a celebration for three weeks after they were liberated” Jerry said.

Coming back from his dazed state Jerry picked up the sheet of paper again and inquired “What's this week's show about?”

“Well, obesity is on the rise, Alexa has created some recreation centres we have to inform the masses about it” Tom said.

“That was expected. There is no work to do now that Alexa has already created so many robots and mechanised everything, and there's the 3d printed food, it still amazes me how real it looks and feels.” Jerry said.

“Yes there really isn't much to do. There is the entertainment industry or one can have artistic pursuits or sports. Well, as far as sports is concerned our physical capabilities are still different. Let's see where that goes.” Tom said.

“I have a feeling that the crazy Alexa is gonna do something about it too. I'm comfortable with my small body, i don't want anything to do with it.” Said Jerry with an ashen face.

“Where are you headed after the recording is finished?” Asked Tom no longer willing to talk about Alexa.

“I have a dinner date with JarJar today” said Jerry with a look of anticipation.

“JarJar the elephant? I still don't know how you guys make it work.” Said Tom rolling his eyes.

“He designed this small furniture for me all through the house which is so cute. He just finished a dinner set recently, I can't wait to try it out!” Said Jerry jumping around in joy.

“How does he even make such small stuff with his huge hands?” Asked Tom with a curious look.

The edge of Jerry's mouth curved into a smile, he gave Tom a disdainful look as if he was looking at a moron and said “Which era are you living in you idiot?! Of course he didn't manually make manually. He designed it in a PC and 3D printed it.” He gave a pause and added “No wonder humans used to like cat videos. All the intelligence upgrades and still so stupid.”

“You're the moron! They used to love us because we're cute!” He shouted throwing aside his paper he jumped towards Jerry and started chasing him.

“You're still a hundred years too young to catch me. Why don't you join Alexa's recreation centers and exercise a bit, you've put on some fat.” Jerry laughed hysterically and started running around the studio.

They riled up everyone. Papers were flying everywhere, the whole place turned chaotic.

“Stop running around you idiots!” Shouted the manager bear and started chasing them.

“Shit! The crazy violent bear is after us. You stupid mouse it's all your fault!” Shouted Jerry with a panicked look.

“Stop talking, we need to cooperate for a second to escape that guy. Let's rush to the hidden cabinet behind the cafeteria.” He said and took an abrupt turn sideways and proceeded towards the cafeteria.

Once they found the hidden cabinet they went in and locked themselves in. Tom collapsed on the ground catching his breath and said “No..No matter what happens….. the chases from the good 'ol days are still the most fun”

“True that” said Jerry stabilising his breath.

They both looked at each other and started laughing hysterically and gave each other a fist bump.

The cameraman Berney was a sloth, the camera was still rolling and by the time he stopped it the whole incident was already recorded. The studio decided to air the funny chase and the episode went viral. It also started a new trend called “Let's chase Jerry” where random animals filmed themselves chasing each other and uploaded all of it on YouTube.

Due to this viral trend of so much running around the animals lost weight and became fit and everybody lived happily ever after.

H0RR1BL3CPU and Ddraig like this.
  2. rh12

rh12 Destroying the world with my snores

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything is alright except the fact that Tom and Jerry aren’t supposed to talk or even speak.

3. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wisest words on the forum

Zomula, UniquelySelfless and infinity like this.
  4. infinity

infinity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is what the device was for. :p

5. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's both really an amazing story, and a really horrifying one, well done!

CountryMage and infinity like this.
  6. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    they did talk, look up "tom and jerry movie". Its actually funny because when tom talks jerry looks over to him and yells "SO YOU CAN TALK"

7. H0RR1BL3CPU

H0RR1BL3CPU [Hotline to Shiroyukineko] [白酒鬼]

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually there are several tom and jerry movies where they can speak.

8. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    technically in the old tom and jerry episodes, we see tom and jerry talk

9. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    *corners @N1gh7R4v3n *THAT DOES NOT EXIST

10. N1gh7R4v3n

Reading List:
    Link
    it does and it will never go away. Like that stain in your white shirt it will never fade.

11. qzty

Reading List:
    Link
    IT WILL IT WILL IT WILL*cries while sucking thumb in the corner*

12. N1gh7R4v3n

Reading List:
    Link
    *corners you with TV's all on the movie, but they are all a half of a second apart from each other*

13. qzty

Reading List:
    Link
    *Types in nuclear codes* Good bye world *launches missiles*

14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh. Look at this fake fan. Bush up on your canon you poser