Imagine the SHIT that one guy that works for E.A is going through

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Twilight Fox, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Soooooo I hope all of you know of the horrible fuck up that E.A made on their last ahem "Game". So I wanted to throw this out there and ask everyone to just imagine what kind of world-ending bullshit the guy who first suggested putting Micro Transactions in Star Wars Battlefront 2 is going through.

Now keep in mind, this is the poor fucker who just caused a few billion dollars worth of damage in stocks lost to E.A and allowed its competitor's stock values to rise by a fair bit. Just imagine what kind of day/week they are having.

He probably saw how horribly the game sold on black Friday. And then after staying up all night worry about it, he wakes up in the morning, sleep deprived, jumps in his Porche that smells like cigarettes because he has been smoking a box a day ever since the release, and then finally gets into work only to be called in with the other members of the dev team and get sacked.

Then, with a stunned look on his face, he is dismissed and told to have his office cleared out by the end of the week. On his way out, none of his co-workers want to meet his eyes, and even his lunch buddy Jonh Doe who eats with every day tries his best to avoid him.

He jumps back in his car, calls up his wife, and tells her the bad news.

Then after listening to her cry for an hour, he goes and gets something to eat at Mcdonalds. He waits in line, checking his social media, while trying to ignore the infinite amounts of Death threats gamers around the world have sent him. When he finally gets his meal, he sees the Ray Action figure for the upcoming star wars movie in the happy meal he just ordered to cheer himself up, and breaks down crying right there at the table.

After getting weird looks from a bunch of customers, he decides to leave, go to a bar, and get drunk until he dies.

He gets to the bar, and drinks and drinks and drinks until a stocks report comes up on the television and he hears a news report about how politicians are calling the loot box system predatory and gambling, and so, like every man at the end of his wits and drunk, he starts ranting and raving.

Accidentally, another person hears that he is the reason Micro Transactions entered Star Wars Battlefront 2 and he decides to give the greedy corporate developer a swift shove to the ground.

This provokes a fight, which results in both of them getting kicked out, and the poor man then has to go home and face his wife.

He jumps in his car, starts driving even though any cop would know he was drunk just by his driving and begins the 5-minute long drive to his house.

On the way, he contemplates how badly his name will be blacklisted by the company, how hard it is going to be to get a job, and how bleak his future is looking.

So yeah, imagine the shit that guy is going through!

2. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    download (1).jpg

3. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm taking a shit here and you show me.this shot pie

Master likes this.
  4. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    .................................What?

5. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    G O O D

6. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    At least he still has a Porche, me?

7. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to edit this prologue to the story. Needs more oomph

Philodoxic likes this.
  8. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I knew you. But now its clear who you really are, Fox. How could you betray us like this?

Hmph. You think us fools? No one unconnected would put in such detail. You....you sicken me....

9. Charles83

Charles83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly no such guy exist, to explain a bit, microtransactions started years ago with facebook games it may have even started before that in some mmo of early 2000s, so far till now most companies have been very careful with Microtransactions because its a bit like a drug, or maybe like smoking, if you use it for very minor stuff and let the game speak by itself then most people will ignore the annoying microT and just play the game, the massive error of EA is that they made MicroT the core of their new game, and well gamers can accept microT as a minor nonimportant feature of a game, they won't accept it as a core element of the game.

10. Midnight Coffee

Midnight Coffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A quick question, are you him, OP?

Westeller likes this.
  11. Twilight Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I didn't buy Battlefront 2 either if your accusing me of being a sympathizer. All im saying is the guy that first thought of adding MTs to the game, must be either dead drunk or just dead.

Nope, I am happy, healthy, and not hanging from a noose.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
    Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  12. ContagioCuriositas

ContagioCuriositas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realise that the ones who forced micro transactions in Video games are, judging by their former games, the top brass and the ones having to keep them happy?
    I sadly imagine them doing their activities the same as before apart from thinking of ideas on how to use the system under a new name in future games.

13. Twilight Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah and that guy....Bet ya theres a connection!

14. Genryaku

Genryaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is literally retarded. Might as well imagine a sob story for Donald Trump while you're at it.

15. Twilight Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I'll be honest, I rlly wouldn't mind him and his FCC hanging from a noose.

gokal14 and Hokoga like this.
  16. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, what a great fanfiction!

Anyway, EA has fucked up, our wallet won!

Twilight Fox likes this.
  17. Twilight Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR, I have too much time on my hands

LONG LIVE THE REBELLION!

18. DarkLegions

DarkLegions Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so a complete and utter stupid question, I don't read the news so much so I don't know a lot about this subject, but out from what you have written, I wonder is all that what stands there true? like did he really lose his job and all?

Again might be a stupid question, but it could still happen.

19. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    So your complaining that a game is slightly unbalanced due to micro transactions, and while I agree that it can be annoying, its not like its a world ender. These new variants of the battlefront series have not done to well in comparison to the original estimates.

20. Twilight Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...I am not 100% sure, but think of it like this.

Your one of the big bosses of E.A and you just learned that your stock prices all plummeted and caused a shareholder value loss of 3.1 BILLION dollars. Now you want to take your anger out of something, what is, or who is, the first thing you think of.

Well...Im personelly not complaining, but the internet as a whole seems to be complaining. I mean...670K downvotes on Reddit seems like the entire internet is gang banging E.A for going after gamer wallets with another money making MT game.

To true....sigh....to true....