LCD Night Ranger

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 15, 2017.

1. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hold up, it's [Night Walker], welp, not gonna edit the wrong ones, cause I'm too lazy.

2. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha! Legends have been introduced and then subsequently killed. It should be noted that the ones who did the killing were either God level or Legend level themselves. So I think that the balance of power is still in place.

Going forward, I look forward to a great alliance with the 3 Sisters and the Mad Lich with our MC.

3. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna post this here, okay Slightly Canted :blobcheeky:
    We do talk about what might happen in the next double release...on Qidian, sometimes here though. On Qidian, we had a lot of comedic comments on what would happen, seriously, here's some samples:
    (listen, I'll be honest with you, it isn't, it's just a combination of other comments. Just enjoy it)
    "Brother, we haven’t slept in the same room in a while. Can you stay with me?"
    After saying this, he looked at Marvin, hope in his eyes.
    Marvin was stunned but smiled.
    This kid was just a 9 year old child after all.
    "Okay," Marvin promised.
    Wayne sighed in relief, displaying a happy smile.-:blobnosebleed:{Demn man}

Wayne : Brother, I love Anna! Please don't get too close to her! I don't need the Lord position because I only need Anna!
    Marvin : .......

Nah, leg's go with this,
    [Wayne : Brother, I love you.]
    [Marvin : .......Sure.]
    [Wayne & Marvin : .......]
    *Marvin suddenly gets sexually violent*
    Then some hot yaoi SMEX happens.(Forget what I said, actually no, here's a quote,'It's fine as long as it's cute.' and,'If there's a hole, there's a way.')

Then the butler barge in and saw it.
    Butler : What the hell do you guys do!
    Marvin : No.. no.. this..!
    Wayne : It's my fault! I'm the one that seduce my brother!
    Butler : you guys... Why don't you invite me too!
    Marvin & Wayne : Eh.....!?
    Somewhere far
    Hathaway : Oh...*nosebleed* so Marvin is uke, with this I'm sure to breakthrough to Legend! Ah... Manly Love! Brotherly love...
    Uehehehhe..*nosebleed*
    Somewhere far far away
    Ivan : Ooooh! Never though the little Night Walker got the same taste with me, the next time he comes to visit... Hehehehe...
    At White River Valley
    Anna: I got a bad feeling...

But because he didn't want that, Marvin nocks out the butler while throwing the butt of the curved dagger, while at the same time giving a final spurt inside Wayne and started to get ready to ged rid of the butler for now, but Wayne didn't like that they had to stop, then Marvin promises that they'll do it more later, and Wayne immediately becomes happy. While Hathaway is cultivating in her room that contains a lot of Yaoi doujinishi, which proves she's a Fujoshi. Anna...meh, not important, and the butler will pass it off as some weird dream he had and think that the fatigue is getting to him(Wayne seems submissive, so he probably won't tell anyone). The real problem is Ivan, we don't know what he'll do.

[Wayne: Bro, I found new toys]
    [Marvin: What kind of toys]
    [Wayne: *blushes*]
    [Marvin: (Oh sh*t)]

He's waiting my friend.. waiting until his prey comes to visit him..

but Marvin will be prepared, cause there were countless gay experts that Marvin had to deal with in his old world.

His past teacher Fudanshi and Fujoshi will show him the true path. However this path can make his ass hemorrhage.

I believe that a doujin with an ikemen, and a submissive trap is perfect. I don't really like the one's where it's just two normal build guys that are definitely homo. It's not like I'm against it, since an underclassman(girl) showed me her collection of yaoi manga, which created a burning curiosity in me, who goes through a lot of doujins, with an idea. Let's look for yaoi stuff, one thing led to another and now I love traps.

I promise, if you read this, your reaction would go like this::aww::blobconfused::blobfrowning::blobnosebleed:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  4. Shiraishi

Shiraishi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    S-Stop stalking me!

Well I'm too tired for a long text. But so far, the fights have been the best part and the most logical part of the story.
    Yes, when he got rekt it totally made sense.
    As a former thief, he only know how to act as a thief. there is no point in people asking him to act as a ranger since he was never a ranger in his previous life.
    The only plot armor part would be the fortune fairy. And then again, it's only half a plot armor imo because it's something that was introduced earlier to let us know that there would be a luck part involved. Seeing Kate in the tower, it was obvious that it would work like that long before it happened. And the outcome was funny enough to make me chuckle.
    (I won't call anything that was introduced in the past as a plot armor as it isn't a plot armor but a tool for the plot.)

Only the audience and the brothers knew that Wayne wasn't a threat. They never saw him use any spell, as one of the elite apprentice chosen for the BoTH, it's normal to consider him a threat. If they were to both attack the MC, they would leave a mage free to cast.

MC isn't that op right now, he is far from what he was as a RoTN. He is an assassin type class holder only at level 7.

First, my conclusion on the fairy's help is that she said she couldn't help them because she couldn't enter the plane or use magic on the plane from outside. but she managed to trigger some lucky thing in the mechanism. It's not really logical, nor is it illogical. So meh.

you assume he was next to the door, he was running in circle. The distance to run through the door would take a few seconds, + one or two seconds of surprise at the summit. 7 seconds isn't a long time at all...

Marvin would have been considered disqualified.

I hope so.

NR's Discord: j3CuetU

5. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you remember these?
    "Brother, we haven’t slept in the same room in a while. Can you stay with me?"
    After saying this, he looked at Marvin, hope in his eyes.
    Marvin was stunned but smiled.
    This kid was just a 9 year old child after all.
    "Okay," Marvin promised.
    Wayne sighed in relief, displaying a happy smile.-:blobnosebleed:{Demn man}

Wayne : Brother, I love Anna! Please don't get too close to her! I don't need the Lord position because I only need Anna!
    Marvin : .......

Nah, leg's go with this,
    [Wayne : Brother, I love you.]
    [Marvin : .......Sure.]
    [Wayne & Marvin : .......]
    *Marvin suddenly gets sexually violent*
    Then some hot yaoi SMEX happens.(Forget what I said, actually no, here's a quote,'It's fine as long as it's cute.' and,'If there's a hole, there's a way.')

Then the butler barge in and saw it.
    Butler : What the hell do you guys do!
    Marvin : No.. no.. this..!
    Wayne : It's my fault! I'm the one that seduce my brother!
    Butler : you guys... Why don't you invite me too!
    Marvin & Wayne : Eh.....!?
    Somewhere far
    Hathaway : Oh...*nosebleed* so Marvin is uke, with this I'm sure to breakthrough to Legend! Ah... Manly Love! Brotherly love...
    Uehehehhe..*nosebleed*
    Somewhere far far away
    Ivan : Ooooh! Never though the little Night Walker got the same taste with me, the next time he comes to visit... Hehehehe...
    At White River Valley
    Anna: I got a bad feeling...

But because he didn't want that, Marvin nocks out the butler while throwing the butt of the curved dagger, while at the same time giving a final spurt inside Wayne and started to get ready to ged rid of the butler for now, but Wayne didn't like that they had to stop, then Marvin promises that they'll do it more later, and Wayne immediately becomes happy. While Hathaway is cultivating in her room that contains a lot of Yaoi doujinishi, which proves she's a Fujoshi. Anna...meh, not important, and the butler will pass it off as some weird dream he had and think that the fatigue is getting to him(Wayne seems submissive, so he probably won't tell anyone). The real problem is Ivan, we don't know what he'll do.

[Wayne: Bro, I found new toys]
    [Marvin: What kind of toys]
    [Wayne: *blushes*]
    [Marvin: (Oh sh*t)]

He's waiting my friend.. waiting until his prey comes to visit him..

but Marvin will be prepared, cause there were countless gay experts that Marvin had to deal with in his old world.

His past teacher Fudanshi and Fujoshi will show him the true path. However this path can make his ass hemorrhage.

I believe that a doujin with an ikemen, and a submissive trap is perfect. I don't really like the one's where it's just two normal build guys that are definitely homo. It's not like I'm against it, since an underclassman(girl) showed me her collection of yaoi manga, which created a burning curiosity in me, who goes through a lot of doujins, with an idea. Let's look for yaoi stuff, one thing led to another and now I love traps.

6. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    He also used to be a reader, who commented sometimes, but as far as I've seen, ever since he's been the translator for Night Ranger, he hasn't commented on any other series.

7. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    discord is a chat app that does a lot more now. I wouldn't expect school pcs to let you use it. I don't only bitch about this story. I just enjoy bitching as well, it gets the negativity out. most of my positive comments come out in the comments section for the story. also, my complaints here are mild. just check my posts on overgeared if you want to see me truly irate. overgeared is that strange story where one aspect really makes me angry but the rest of the story is hella enjoyable so I keep reading in spite of wanting to punch the screen regularly.

Haiku575 likes this.
  8. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, holy crap you are a stalker...

9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Took me 5-8 minutes to inderectly prove how inactive the translator is on this forum, by counting the amount of messages he did on Qidian. So if I didn't know this, then I kinda wouldn't have been able to prove my point. Also, it's fine, his date of birth is already on this site.

10. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm too drunk right now to have a decent conversation... so I'm gonna have to rip my heart out and let you guys hate on one of my fav novels until tomorrow.

My final thoughts are that Night Ranger is a great novel. Stop hating so much.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to disagree given the speeds those two were supposed to be moving at, but I suppose it would be possible if Wayne's reaction time was pure garbage, which is totally possible.

Why would he be disqualified? He's not even a contestant. His brother is. The only one that needs to grab the cup for them both to win is Wayne. If that weren't the case, they would never have passed the first competition that Wayne didn't even bother to show up for (which I still think should have gotten Wayne disqualified, removing both of them from the competition).

12. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    target processing usually takes up to 3 seconds. so even assuming the teleport was instant, that gate opening would take 1-3 seconds for wayne to even choose to run towards, seriously, he is focused on playing tag with the killer, he can only devote so many cycles towards things like noticing the portal that really shouldn't have opened has opened and then deciding to run that way. let's assume he is a quick witted dude and he happened to perceive the gate opening right off the bat, perceiving it, deciding to run towards it and then actually getting to it will take time.

My 3 second rule comes from somewhere, it is that processing to shoot a target takes about 3 seconds. IE, if a person equipped with a weapon shouldered notices a target, it takes up to 3 seconds to receive the data of the target, then decide to shoot or not to shoot, then aiming before squeezing the trigger. In some cases, like when you expect the target, when you are alerted, or when you are on stimulants it can generally squeeze the trigger faster, but this speed increase actually comes at the increased risk of shooting someone/something you should not have.

So the idea that wayne would take 1-3 seconds before even choosing to run towards the portal is not unheard of. running to the portal can take time as well, the faster 10 yard dashes from the nfl's combine are about 1.6 to 1.58 seconds. he's got magic shoes so he might move about that speed, he might move a bit faster, but expect his travel time to not be negligible when our total time is 7 seconds. if he is traveling any less than 10 yards he would have no way of avoiding the murder doppleganger that's after him. then when he gets out of the portal, he and the chick outside will obviously be surprised to see each other. again, going back to target processing, even if she was aiming at the portal already, unless she is a psycho or on stimulants she will process whether she should shoot first, then determine what to cast and how to aim it, she will obviously not respond in the time it takes him to run back in the portal. He gets out, is surprised by girl in front of him, his opponent hops out behind him, again, assuming that he is quick witted, it will still take him a second or two to process and hop back in.

seven seconds turns out to be a very small amount of time. which is why 3rd edition dnd cracked me up when I could combo abilities to kill hundreds of orcs in one round (6 seconds) with my swordsman!

13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    How long did it take you to think of the amount of research that you could remember back in school?

14. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Aiming is definitely a problem, because the human eye can not focus on one point, instead, it sees around it.

15. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    if I used even a 10th of the processing power I use for games, stories, and BS, for the important stuff in life, I would be a much more successful person than I am today.

jacobpaige and SquadCammander354 like this.
  16. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    An I.T Security guy

17. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not a bad gig, but if I applied myself I could be making twice what I do doing the same thing I do, or 3 to 4 times what I do in the next level up. but I would rather be an underachiever.

18. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    The adult life seems tough:notlikeblob:

19. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not, it can be a lot easier if you find out early enough a field you enjoy working in. if you can do that and meet people in that field and get your foot in the door, it gets so much easier after that.

20. Shiraishi

Shiraishi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you imagine them going too fast? Or moving in a small area? Slow both of them down a bit. it's a large area in the center, not just a small place. Wayne is running in 8 while keeping her away from Marvin, that does show a bit how large the area is. So even if they are super fast, one or two second to reach the portal. +1 each for being surprised when it appear and when he meets the girl, it's more or less timed.

Well we don't really have the rule explained. But either he didn't leave him because disqualification, or something I just thought of. Leaving him in a Snow Demon Lair might not have been such a good idea. Especially with the Gate that activate itself next to him.