Recommendations Looking for nice Harem ("again" sorry!)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LegionUnderground, Dec 15, 2017.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

I’m really sorry that I’m looking for your help again after I wrote nearly a similar request just a few days ago. But I am totally lost at the moment.

Just to explain in short, if you haven’t read the other thread; I was looking for Harem-Light-/Web-Novels with a bit more romance and basically that’s still what I am linger after, but after I dropped several of them I maybe got a better understanding what I’m really looking for or especial, what I’m not looking for.

I am still very very thankful to everyone who tried to help be back there! I just had to rethink my own position about that.

I really spend a lot time to think about that and also got quite a few new impressions in some of those novels. So I try to formulate it this time quite extensive (I think I will go with bullet points ^^). I hope no one will be to pissed about my incompetence back then :/

So, what I am looking for:

- Harem (2+ girls); I just like it if there are nice characters/girls and if they get added to the group/harem. The girls should be on good terms. Also I noticed that I really hate this slavery-tag. It’s great if the MC saves someone from slavery etc. but I totally hated it when he “bought” girls, and left them as slaves, even if he treated them well. Also this brainwashing-slave thing… it’s the same… not good ^^

- Romance; It would be GREAT if there are some kisses, dates etc. and not only this “holding hands once” as climax of romance that I get in animes quite too often. BUT as long as there is at least a bit romance like “In Another World With My Smartphone”, that’s totally fine too. Sex, Ecchi etc. is fine as well, but I don’t need that, maybe it’s even better if it’s missing, since if there isn’t any romance beforehand and he just jumps in bed with them to fu** them, I guess I would hate it as well xD

- No death/separation in the main cast (Harem-Members)

- Also it would be nice if the story is quite long and ongoing, and without such fast passing of time (e.g. just weeks, month and a few years are passing and not 10+ years as in “Mushoku Tensei”)

Finally I’m just looking for a nice and happy story about a non-asshole MC who’s getting to a new world/a school/any situation, starts living there, meeting girls who are starting to love him (and him loving them). They spend time together fighting, living, exploring etc.

Just a nice fluffy Harem ^^

I also just wanna mention some animes (I’ve just watched a lot more animes than I’ve read Light Novels) that I would count to this category and that I quite enjoyed:

- Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni (as I mentioned before ^^ It would be great if there would have been a bit more romance, but I loved the actual Harem and I really loved the LN as well)

- Rosario to Vampire (Very old, but a nice harem with many different characters & races)

- IS: Infinite Stratos (ignorant MC so there was some lagging romance, but I still liked it, even if the story was kind of week ^^)

- Date A Live (again quite nice harem with little lagging of romance)

- Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai

- Seiken Tsukai no World Break (sadly the LN translation isn’t really going forward)

- Shinmai Maou no Testament

- To LOVE-Ru

- Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.

- (High School DxD)(had quite some problems with the MC… but I guess later on it was still fine, could have been worse)

- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (but I was quite annoyed that he wasn’t allowed to kiss etc. the girls)

- Clockwork Planet

- Omamori Himari

- Seikoku no Dragonar

Oh, and since it was already mentioned in the last thread; I prefer Japanese Light-/Web-Novels, but I guess I would give Chinese etc. a chance as well. But please with cartoon/anime/2D like characters and not realistic once ^^

Wow, that got quite a long post ^^ I just didn’t wanted to make the same mistake twice ^^ I hope someone can recommend something that would fit, even if he helped and recommended something the last time. Also it would be amazing if you could say one or two words to the LN, I’m always reading the commends below the LN, but sometimes it’s really hard to find the things that matters for me xD But I’m happy about only the names of titles that would fit as well!

So after all, thanks for reading this dam-shit long post! And thanks to everyone who recommended something the last time, this time or even had the kindness to help me twice =D

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    yogesh12 and LegionUnderground like this.
  3. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sees Rosario V, Infinite S and Date A L*
    A fellow gentlemen if I've ever seen one, How do you do?

Zeraphin and Zerak like this.
  4. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    nubdog, Zerak, yogesh12 and 2 others like this.
  5. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    - No death/separation in the main cast (Harem-Members)
    Time to drop CN novels and just look at JP and KR novels.:blobrofl:

Zeraphin and LegionUnderground like this.
  6. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    LegionUnderground likes this.
  7. TheFakeGentleman

TheFakeGentleman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say Sevens but the girls do not get along. it's more of a functional harem then anything.

Zeraphin and LegionUnderground like this.
  9. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    This is 10 volumes. But I agree, one of the Best "Harem" + Romance novels I read, but suck that it isn't Harem ending. Well, still good.(It can also be considered Not A Harem, cause it's more Netori of another guy Harem)

LegionUnderground likes this.
  10. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't like reading novels with harems most of the time, since they typically strike me as unrealistic and unworkable with very few exceptions. That being said, the harem I've found most enjoyable to read about is the one in Savage Divinity over on RRL. The characters are very fleshed out. They argue, get jealous, make up, and carry on with their lives. Each relationship takes time to develop, and the MC spends time and effort to maintain them. Additionally, the work itself is very well written (not just by RRL's fairly low standards), not just written as an excuse to throw girls at the hero.

Zeraphin and Bolsonaro like this.
  11. mecharos

mecharos 《Vampire Neet》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I can only recommend Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?. The translation is still on-going up to Vol 23~
    There is still no Serious Romance for now, with how the MC still facing his own past. But well, the story is quite good. I mean there is progress with the Romance, a whole lot.

Edit : it was updated last April 2017. So I'm suggesting you search through the BakaTsuki's forum for the pdf/epub (I won't give you any link, because I don't even have it. lol). Because it is Licensed after all. Or you can buy it at J-Novel's site for the first 7 Volume.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    yogesh12 and LegionUnderground like this.
  12. Alchemist_God0

Alchemist_God0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. MrSoul

MrSoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, it would be nice to make your reading list public,

As for the recommendation:

Isekai Tensei – Kimi to no Saikai made Nagai Koto Nagai Koto (nice harem, drama + tragedy, yankee protag)
    The Reunion With Twelve Fascinating Goddesses
    Maken no Daydreamer
    Kuro no Shoukanshi(battlefrenzy protag, slave harem)
    Aim the Deepest Part of the Different World Labyrinth (drama, harem grow slowly)
    I Was Made the Disciple of a Yandere Girl, But
    Monster no Goshujin-sama (Monster girl + drama, peculiar romance)
    Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru (some tragedy + drama)
    Reincarnation into the Barrier Master (tragedy early in the story but safe after that)
    Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! (WN) (nice girls and good magic system)
    Kujibiki Tokushou: Musou Hāremu ken (cocky but fun protag + part of harem girls are slaves, recommend)
    Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata ~Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin~ (fun story you can also read the manga)

Modern Weapons Cheat in Another World (some tragedy + soft yandere)
    Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki (nation building)
    I’m a NEET but When I Went to Hello Work I Got Taken to Another World(the way the arem/roamnce work is similar to Isekai Smartphone)
    Surviving a Harsh Fantasy with Cheat Items (not OP protag)

Blessing from the Goddess and Transfer to Another World! ~No Thanks, I Don’t Need a Special Ability~ (Slave, romance part is nonexistent)
    Being Able to Edit Skills in Another World, I Gained OP Waifus (I strongly recommend that one, Smart MC )
    Seirei Gensouki ~Konna Sekai de Deaeta Kimi ni~ (tragedy backstory, cute romance)
    Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (WN) (TRUE harem, main story fully translated)
    Monster Musume Harem wo Tsukurou! (monster girl again, relatively light)
    Kanna no Kanna (fun protag, slow harem)
    Return of the Former Hero (pervert protag)
    World Teacher – Other World Style Education & Agent
    Mr. Nobu’s Otherworld Chronicles ( Good MC (as in not spineless), knows when to act but still japanese so no asshole here)
    Otherworld Nation Founding Chronicles (2 girls, nation building)
    I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless (lot of translated chapter, small harem)
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time (drama + tragedy, not a lot of romance)
    The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life (cute romance + small harem)
    Living in this World with Cut & Paste (cute, recommend)
    That Person. Later on… (drama and cute romance)

Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Danjon wa Kindai Toshi~

That should do it
    (edit, add a few comment)

LordRikudo likes this.
  14. Yamato

Yamato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now this one doesn't completely meet your standards but based on what you put I think you will like it try out Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku (WN), it does have slaves but it's not an everlasting thing and the mc works to change their status. Nice and fluffy harem with a main love interest not much in the way of story more of an episodic slice of life with some story arcs mixed in.

15. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    + Sevens - Definitely what you're looking for, it's packed with complicated elements, it's like Spice and Wolf + Legend of the Galactic Heroes combined, so you have to use your creative mind to see its beauty due to its hard to see details. With beautiful intricate details and high level implications, Sevens makes a great love story of each harem member. It's freaking hard to choose for the best girl, so I'll pick Monica, the best maid ever, epitome of Parody and Satire Character, Funny and Lovable, better than Rem. Love story wise, Aria's Love story for me is the best, it's a romanticize encounter, definitely a memorable one.

+ Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro…… - an unorthodox harem, you'll get my point after reading it, though you should read the manga version to shorten your time for the first volume then proceed to 2nd volume.

16. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,

@chencking

mhh, last i spend quite a lot time on reading two volumes of "I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless" before i dropped it because of this slave-tag thing. It's hard to say what I didn't liked till I often stopped quite early if i had the feeling that i may could hate the story ^^ That’s why i was going with the things that i like and don't like in general ^^

@Lithit

sorry, don't really get what you wanna say :x sry

@Chamber

never had Korean Novels in mind, but seems like i should xD Maybe i will write you a pm in the next days if you don't mind :x

@RTS @Jigoku Shounen

"chooses a girl in the end" aww, I liked that some years ago, but nowadays i really hate it xD I definitely prefer if they stay together as harem (thats why i liked In Another World With My Smartphone quite a lot since there was an actual development of a real harem. Even if @Kerbouchard its unrealistic ^^ i totally don't care if its realistic or not :x Actually i prefer unrealistic stuff when everyone gets happy ^^

@mecharos

haha, y, there is always a way to find something that was some when translated and published xD ty =D

17. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it is the best , Rokujouma has one of the best characterization in comparison to many LN

P.S volume 23,24,25 are available (cheers for pirated rip)

18. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I'd largely agree. If everyone's not happy at the end, why would I want to read it? And unrealistic fluff can be fun sometimes. Just the ones I like best are the ones that have obvious thought and care put into the writing.

19. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    try reading "atros imperium" on royalroadl