Spoiler Rebirth Junior High School:The Exceling Top Student Goddess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by AaronKing, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AaronKing

AaronKing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found a new novel on novelupdates.
    Do spoil :aww: if anyone can:blobowoevil_horns:
    Synopsis:

Her best friend turned into her younger sister, destroyed her appearance, broke her legs, snatched her powerful fiancé, and designed to kill her mother. Unsatisfied, she locked her up in a mental asylum to be tortured until death!

Yun Hua returned to 13 years of age with hatred. This time, the debt of blood would be paid in blood.

Oppress the poisonous sister, beat up the scumbag fiancé, become the top student, become a scholarly expert, become a manhua artist. In the end, she became the chief anchorwoman on the largest global broadcast…

With one careless mistake, she accidentally took the gold medal during the Olympic swimming competition. The entire country cheered for the champion without knowing that she had no such intentions…

But all along the way, that unapproachable man protected her from nearby.

He spoke: For you, I would block deities. For you, I would fight gods. For you, I would kill Buddha!
    He spoke again: If you don’t leave me, I won’t give you up either. I would rather turn my back on the world than slight my darling.

2. Aisia

Aisia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Yandere sense are tingling....

3. S Manager

S Manager Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please ...
    1. How many chapters?
    2. Who is the MC?
    3. Who is the ML?
    4. When(both chapter no. & the plot)/where is the metting of the two?
    5. When feelings started to bloom?
    6. Cute moments of the two?
    7. Second Male lead? (If there is)
    8. How did the MC take revenge to both his "sister" & "fiance"?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  4. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimmed through a bit of what's happening to see what will happen to the "sister" and apparently, MC was able to make the "sister" actually get involved with the death of one of the teachers who had been putting his hands on female students. During all of this, the "sister" also called her mother and her father (aka MC's slag father) onto the scene which resulted in the father being suspected for murder. By the time all of this was happening, the "sister's" white lotus identity in school had long been exposed so people were already hating on her guts/bullying her.

Not too sure about ML's identity, but I just read a part where during MC's birthday, he gifted her a bracelet but she was hesitant on taking it because she doesn't like/wear jewelry, but it turns out it's actually a weapon (and won't scratch her when she swims, according to ML)! As for MC, it looks like she likes writing stories online (it gets popular so she becomes a book writer too) as well as plans on getting involved with the swimming Olympics (she's in the swimming club). Couldn't find what will happen to the ex-fiancee, all I know is he's one of those 'oh? A girl actually doesn't like me? Very unlikely!' type of guys, meaning, once he saw MC's disinterest towards him, he already became very interested in her.

Edit : It looks like ML is a 19 yr old soldier who does special tasks for the military as well as does criminal investigations. His family is the top family in the imperial capital (there's 13 powerhouses). When ML found out MC was involved with that murder she had her "sister" commit, instead of arresting her, he just wanted to teach her a lesson (by lecturing and scaring her) so that she becomes aware of what's right and wrong (mind you MC's body is still just in her early teens at this point).

Imo, I get this feeling MC has some kind of mental illness. When she was at this murder scene with ML, she started to feel weird at first, but then, she felt some strange excitement, as if her blood vessels were about to burst. She had to control her feelings so they wouldn't go out of control. When she was in the hands of a serial killer, she didn't feel fear, but also excitement. When they (serial killer and MC) were questioning each other, the serial killer even comments how MC actually gives off a similar feeling to 'his kind' (I think he meant she felt similar to a psychopath, like him). When thinking of her mentality, there are times when she even fears that she’ll become just like him (serial killer). At first, she denied it, but later, she started to acknowledge it. There’s actually a pro to this, with the MC completely understanding the serial killer’s mentality, she was able to find missing bodies that the police couldn’t even find.

MC has this idea that the body she was in, was not her own. She starts to question things, people she thought she knew that this body didn't appear to meet yet whom she had, events that never took place or happened that she never remembered happening before, what had happened to the previous body owner? Why did she give her her body when she was living okay before? Did she rebirth, or is she in a parallel universe? MC was at a loss. After thinking of this, she wanders out of her home without her cellphone and wallet. She had hoped to be near death so that the former soul could come back to it's body, thinking that she (MC) only belonged to the darkness. When ML watched a surveillance video when trying to find her, him and his people saw her slowly wandering around, walking into a pole 3 times, walking across the road and almost being hit by cars, ignoring their cursing, she even fell onto the ground, stood back up, then slowly and continuously, walked away...

Edit : One of ML’s coworkers in criminal psychology diagnosed MC with schizophrenia, severe depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Will attempt to read the full thing later if it interests me enough.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  5. 18Yuki

18Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of ‘When he comes, close your eyes’ just that the MC remind me of WHCCYE’s ML instead of the MC. I just want to know if there’s going to be lot of annoying, frustrating or repeated events/moments like the MC illogically being weak or helpless or too dependent on the ML. Oh. And what chapter does the sister get her dues.

Sabruness and JuuHachi like this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    That skim sounds like it'll be an interesting take on the 'reversed-time rebirth' style but if she becomes weak or helpless or way dependent on ML, it'd probably kill the uniqueness of the story imo.

18Yuki likes this.
  7. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading more of the story, the only thing I find frustrating is how even though MC and ML has high IQ, they actually have a low EQ (imo). They both have a crush on each other and is too oblivious to notice it, even their friends can see this, also, the problem is (which I find reasonable), is how ML is self conscious of their age difference. The MC is young, receives love letters and chocolates from young guys, and has attractive looking guys who are interested in her, while he, the ML, is just an old guy (he's 19 but considers himself super old :blobjoy:). But then again, think about it like this, MC is 14 while he's 19. Yeah, there's a bit of a age difference, but the problem is, she's 14, which makes their relationship in the eyes of the public a bit... immoral. So because of this, there was a scene where he treats her coldly for a while in order to sort out his feelings as well as not hurt her, but he doesn't realize till later how this actually caused the opposite effect he wanted.

(As a side note, I think the author has some thing for making people getting into relationships with huge age gaps in this novel because MC has a friend who's 22 that ends up marrying a 34 yr old while there was this other woman MC gets to know who knows ML that fell in love with some 20+ when she was 7 then got married to him (by then she was like 20 something and the guy was 40 something)).

As for MC, she has very low confidence. Even though she has good grades, is a popular book writer, breaking records when she swims, and is the only girl ML really involves himself with, so what? Regardless of all of this, that doesn't mean she thinks highly of herself. But there's something I like about this, though she has low confidence, she refuses to give up ML, even at times when she misunderstands and starts to believe ML has a girlfriend or another girl he's interested in which causes her to become even more depressed :notlikeblob:. She cries about it, but controls her feelings in order to try to win ML's heart, when in reality, she had captured it a long time ago :blob_pompom:.

I find MC's actions to be rather rational. Before she takes action, she usually thinks of the consequences, what kind of butterfly affect could it cause? Though she knows what might happen in the future, she only gives very little hints in order to help but to also not expose herself too much than she needs to (where I'm at, ML is about to go off to negotiation with pirates who captured Chinese researchers and their machines, the only thing MC tells him was to remember the name 'Antonio Lee', nothing more nothing less. Though he looks at her, instead of questioning her why she would say this, he basically tells her okay).

From what I've read so far, MC is actually very independent. ML only helps her a handful of time, but most of the things she does is something she does all on her own. She can even knock people down, so she knows a fair amount of self defense. The only time I find her to be a bit reckless was when she fell into the hands of the serial killer (there's a high chance that this was intentional, it was hard for me to tell because during that scene, the MC's mind was in a mess (she was thinking about how the body she was in might not be her own)). Though she wanted to be near death so that the former soul could come back to it's body, as well as to capture the serial killer, the price she paid was almost too heavy. Yes, she helped capture a long time serial killer (his first kill was 7 years ago, and he basically killed over 17 people with the police thinking he only killed 8), but she nearly lost her life (when ML found her, she was in a tub full of blood and unconscious, at the hospital, her heart stopped for 10 minutes).

@18Yuki Can't give the chapter where the "sister" has her final downfall yet because I haven't gotten there yet. After the murder of the teacher, the "sister", her mother, and MC's slag father, all fled. Atm, they are still MIA, but MC knows the mother is involved with some scheme with this man who 'claims' to be her (MC's) mother's brother. If I find the chapter later, I'll re-edit this post.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  8. kiti

kiti Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title really doesn't do justice to this novel. This is well written and the characters are better fleshed out than anything I've read in the genre. MC doesn't come over as Mary Sue-ish at all though she is OP (stats-wise, given she's 14 years old and a successful bestselling author, has lifted up a whole class from apathy into stellar academic performance, caught a serial killer, discovered his victims' burial places through her supernatural skills etc. etc.).

9. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the MC has mental illnesses, how ML reacts to that? And is it serious?

10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's not mental illness. Maybe MC is a transmigrator with amnesia who inherited the original host's memories and knowledge from her future (maybe from a novel plot?). She forgot herself and turned into the original host, believing she's her. But then she gets some feelings here and there that she might be someone else... Anyway, for now, I'm thinking this might go way out there as overreaching plots usually go in these novels. But if it turns out to be mental illness for sure, I'll applaud the author for doing something different.

11. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why do you think MC is a transmigrator with amnesia..?

12. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please give more spoilers...!!! :)

13. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess from reading too many novels. It just seems like foreshadowing some future plot development, than mental illness for the MC, you know? Like it gets revealed that her feeling was true, she's not the original body owner, then reasons-reasons-reasons for why she assumed the host's identity and forgot her original identity. So, it's just my guess.

a_b likes this.
  14. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahaha that intuition...XD

15. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    When his coworker/friend did a breakdown of the MC's personality/mentality when he observed her, no one really noticed how she had depression and all of these expectations of how she has to always look cheerful and do good but on the inside, she feels like dying and is basically holding everything to herself so she doesn't bother anyone else etc, making ML feel really bad. The moment he heard the serial killer say how the MC felt similar to him, ML started to order MC to get out of there ASAP because he didn't want her to be influenced by his (the serial killer's) words, but later, when MC has some kind of emotional break down about it, the only way ML was able to comfort her was by telling her that unlike the serial killer who's like a predator, consider herself as a hunter, which eased up her mental stress a lot. And eventually, MC does vaguely reveals bits and pieces of her past life (aka what's to come in the future), but the way she did it made it sound like she 'saw it in a dream' like a prophet. ML of course believes her, but also starts to feel worried for her because how could someone keep such a heavy thing on their shoulders without going crazy? (MC told ML about a 8.0 earthquake that'll happen, but there's nothing she could do about it. If she spread word of it, people will think she's crazy. Imagine, so many lives lost, yet all she could do is watch it happen while knowing it's coming).

So in all and all, it basically stresses MC out and made her have a breakdown (kinda) 2 times, but with ML's help, she was able to feel less mentally stressed about it. As long as she's not too physically and mentally stressed about it, she's able keep her feelings and emotions under control.
    It's revealed not long after her near death experience that the body she's in is indeed hers, but from a parallel universe (?). When she was in the darkness, she regret wanting to die because she recalled how the ML is suppose to die at the age of 22. While trying to figure out how to come back into her body in order to save/warn him, she saw a white light. There stood a girl that looked just like her. She tells MC that she's MC while the MC is her, she doesn't need to feel bad about taking her body because that's also her body. Not long after, MC wakes up in the hospital feeling a bit more relieved.
    Update on where I'm at:.
    • MC and ML are now in a relationship! They're still 14 and 19 though... ML wants to get married as soon as they can but sadly, they must wait till MC gets older.
    • MC found her mom's real family (her mother had her memories missing, all she knew was that she was a human trafficking child). She's apparently from a very upper class family (the status is one of the highest, making it so that there shouldn't be an issue with ML and MC marrying), they've been looking for her for over 20 years. Though they found each other and has a good relationship with one another, because of MC's mothers past, MC's mother feels like she'd be a stain to the family so she doesn't want to reveal to the public their identities which the MC is totally okay with (though according to MC's mother family, they don't care about that, they only care that she's back).
    • MC gets involved with a lot of other mysteries that involves a cold case, 3 mysterious murders with her friend/classmate taking the blame, and a groups of human traffic children being killed due to a cult
    • MC spills the beans (kinda) how she can see the future to ML, ML promises to help her as much as he can if there's any issues that needs to be dealt with.
    • MC's former "sister" and the stepmom were apparently sold during human trafficking, but later returned with plastic surgery + had their voices changed with the stepmother marrying into an upper class family, when MC saw the "sister", she felt familiar to her but she wasn't sure why, but she does know the girl had plastic surgery (thanks to her cousin pointing it out).
    • MC isn't actually her slag fathers daughter. With the MC's mother not having any memories, MC's grandfather suggests not telling her so she doesn't get over stimulated. This just happened so no update who the dad is.

JoshyM62, Ice_Rose, govindec and 11 others like this.
  16. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link

Does MC's maternal family is more influential than that upper class family stepmom married into? How does author describe her "sister's" appearance?

17. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say atm, I'm at the part where MC is starting to meet new characters whom are from the imperial capital with influential family's, but from my POV, it looks like MC's family has more influence than all of them since none of the new characters look like they want to offend her cousin.

It described her as a girl wore a pure white dress, with fluttering hair, oval face, white skin, and black bright eyes, the girl looked very clean, very beautiful, and very pure. But when examining her face, MC felt a familiarity to her. When MC met her, she saw her getting bullied by Zheng Yiyi who was basically the daughter of the man her stepmother married. With her appearance looking so pure, to see her get bullied by ZYY makes people want to step in and protect her. Basically, she looks like a white lotus (again).

JoshyM62, RiannNeko, govindec and 6 others like this.
  18. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    ...So many twists and turns. And what's up with the human trafficking. Seems like a real epidemic in this novel. And what, villains change their names and appearance and acquire a wealthy identity so they can come back like repurposed trash? I'm not sure about this... I guess it depends on how the author presents the far-fetched plot. If she knows how to hook the readers and make them keep reading no matter what weird shit is going on, then she got true skills.

michoux and Elliana like this.
  19. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, a lot of this story's plot revolves around human trafficking but it's all linked together. MC's mother escaped from one but lost her memories, MC's swimming friend escaped from one and describes the horrors he saw and experienced, the cold case MC's deals with actually involves with the sister of the swimming that originally escaped too but is later killed, the guy who pretends he's MC's mothers brother is actually one of the human traffickers from that place, the wife of the fake brother finds out the husband sold their 2 year old to the human traffickers he works with in order for them to do their weird ass ritual, then later MC's criminal investigator acquaintances does crack down and found the place they were all from. :blobdizzy:

As for the "sister" and her mother, right before they were about to be sold, one of them says that they'll soar into phoenixes! Then after a while, here they are. Stepmom marries one of the powerhouses in Imperial capital and fools him into thinking the "sister" is his illegitimate child. Also, the mother got's some sick idea of trying to make the "sister" seduce her new husband so she'd get pregnant?? Not too clear why though.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  20. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you:aww:
    This story makes me wants to read raws... but MTL is really a pain..:facepalm::facepalm::blobsob:

So read spoilers all the way& enjoy:blob_grin::blob_grin: