Spoiler Rebirth of the Husband that thinks I am a slag (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by azure_sea, Nov 20, 2017.

1. JNaomi

JNaomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek: *awaits eagerly*

2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobparty::blobpopcorn_cool:

3. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    orz... I forgot all about this....

:D:cookie::blobpopcorn:

4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers time~

So this story was actually full of fluff and very cute. It's also historical; I assume it's based on some version of ancient China because there are civil examinations.

Ger = term used for male who can become pregnant. Sorry, I don't know any better terms so I copied it from Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil.
    MC = gong/seme. I'll call him 'hubby' since I can't remember his exact name lol.
    ML = shou/uke & Ger. I'll call him 'wifey' since I can't remember his name either. XD

Hubby (who is a noble family's son) automodes first life. It's a terrible experience for him since he sees all the terrible/horrible things that the transmigrator does using HIS body. Wifey (whom he does like initially but not to the extreme levels he does by end of this first life) is bullied and dies (?). His parents (both male) also bullied and made super sad. Hubby is a good son so he was also incredibly pained to see his parents hurt.

Hubby is super happy to 'wake up' and discover he has control over his body again and that this is before all those bad things happened. He hugs his parents and is... way too energetic going about getting the marriage pushed through, etc. Meanwhile on Wifey's side, he is reasonably angry.

When they meet, Hubby steamrolls over all of Wifey's disapproval by a mixture of pigheaded determination to do right/pamper/spoil Wifey and by being very positive (also shameless). LOL. Wifey is extremely bewildered and ends up being won over very soon in the novel. He's sort of tsun, transitions into dere, then completely into fluff. Hubby is so different that Wifey feels like other life was a very bad dream.

Their relationship throughout the novel is very cute, loving, and fluffy. We also learn that Hubby and Wifey met when they were very little kids and shared an apple and a promise. They can sorta be called childhood sweethearts lel. Later on, they also confess to each other about the very realistic 'dream' they shared on each side involving the transmigrator and the first life.

Transmigrator is back in his original body, which is that of a beggar. He somehow manages to climb his way up the social ladder but it's all very disgusting. He's mean, uppity, and vicious. Good news is that there's like zero direct interactions between him and the OTP. Wifey got scared a couple times from trauma involving transmigrator, but Hubby was there to block view and immediately hug and reassure him. He doesn't show up much, but we hear about what transmigrator does and so on -- we see a parallel & contrast between him and Hubby.

Transmigrator's life goes like this: beggar > servant > businessman who ends up marrying a Ger noble son from the family he was serving > even richer and more powerful businessman > cheated on the noble son with a prostitute Ger > divorced noble son for the prostitute > duped/betrayed by the prostitute who poisoned him and ran off with a good chunk of his money > got more rich and powerful again and partnered with this other guy > backstabbed by other guy and arrested, all property confiscated by government for his involvement in blackmail and bribery > exits prison as a beggar again.

Hubby's life goes like this: noble son > respected noble son learning martial arts > happy family life as he gets a kid > taking civil service examination but fails first time since he was busy with Wifey and their first child, no time for studying > continued happy life and taking exam again. He passes either the 2nd or 3rd time I think.

Hubby and Wifey are very cute and supportive, truly. At one point, Wifey uses somewhat vicious means to get rid of someone eyeing Hubby. Hubby later reveals that he knows that Wifey can no longer be as innocent and kind as he was before 1st life, but it's not like Hubby can be that naive either. Hubby is just worried over Wifey and comments on some blind spots in his plans that he's had to fill in, requesting that Wifey plan with him rather than on his own lol.

alexfilia, ayala, readerz and 13 others like this.
  5. morticia_addams

Reading List:
    Link
  6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Hubby and Wifey get along very well with Hubby's parents. Hubby's parents are hilarious and often tell Wifey that they'll support him if Hubby ever bullies him. It's also a little sad in a way, because in 1st life, Hubby's parents were some of the few people who supported Wifey.

7. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Beginning to hit limit of what I remember lol. But there is a side couple in this novel: it's Hubby's friend and this special forces (?) military man. After Hubby telling his friend that being in a good marriage and that his monogamous relationship is super satisfying and that there's no need for concubines/harem/whatever, his friend is convinced to give this thing a try. His friend is a super coward though lol. Friend gets kidnapped and is rescued by a special military team. Friend feels his rescuer is super dependent and decides he's going to arrange a marriage with him. Marriage is arranged and succeeds... unexpectedly, on wedding night, his 'cowardly' friend is the one who somehow pushes down the military man and tops...... LOL.

9. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    One more tidbit before I forget:

After their kid is born, Hubby is always playing and taking care of their son. Wifey is sad and feels neglected. At one point, he sort of bursts into tears and tells Hubby, who is panicky and has to reassure Wifey. Apparently, Hubby was thinking about Wifey all the time: knowing how kids are liable to wake you up at the most ungodly hours, he was catering to the kid because he wanted Wifey to have uninterrupted rest after all the hard work. They make up and it's cute because they split duties and stuff. <3

10. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    Just how did he do that? Lol coward seme, that's new

readerz likes this.
  11. morticia_addams

Reading List:
    Link
    Plz tell me more bout the cowardly friend and military man wedding night before and after:blobnosebleed:

readerz and Misaki Yata like this.
  12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor so both the coward friend and the military man is men?

morticia_addams likes this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Dunno if I’m remembering right, but I think that this world may only have men. So Ger is like women.

kiara8 likes this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

15. azure_sea

azure_sea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, that‘s soooo cute!! And omg, i can‘t believe i am saying this but i‘m tempted to read this even though mc is the seme. Bc mc sounds sooo nice and the whole story, too!! :aww::aww::aww:

Btw, was wifey kinda raped by the transmigrator when he was in MC‘s body? I mean, when wifey saw the real transmigrator in 2nd life again, he got bad flashbacks, right? :blobwoah: I reeeeaally hope not, but the story kinda implies rape, right? Transmigrator was a slag, he slept with so many people, surely he would have violated wifey, too. :notlikeblob:

16. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading this and I hate that transmigrator. He caused unnecessary strife for the cute couple :mad:
    At least he gets his just desserts.
    So many cute and fluffy novels! I'm dying of meng ~

17. EveningWind

EveningWind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Title make me Laugh ~~

readerz likes this.